• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen [UPDATE 06/09] Magnificently Wonderful Wednesdays (Music Nostalgia)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
This is absolutely the worst title ever haha

Every Wednesday until G/S are released on the Virtual Console I will be sharing a piece of music from the games. Then you can post about what the music makes you think of / what memories it brings back! Or maybe tell some funny stories regarding that particular song :)

So best thing to do is sit down: close your eyes and just play the song... Or do whatever you would like really. It's up to you lol but what happy memories does this song bring back?

Describe what... the ending theme makes you think of andddd GO!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

kyuubi93

What a bother
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
It could just be the nostalgia, but it truly does make me feel like a champion, like every sacrifice I've made along the way, the steps I had to take and the obstacles I had to overcome were all worth it so I can face the sunrise of the next day with my team, ready for the next step in our journey. Where will it take us? Who knows, but one things for sure- as long as we have each other, we wont be alone. And we can do anything.

I KU ZO!

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Shivers immediately, not even exaggerating.

I think this song reminds me of how awesome these games really are. They might not have a memorable story or great lore surrounding the legendaries like in later generations, but these games were legitimately good. They're great. Fun world, classic sprites and graphics, IMO a great pace and overall just fun to play through every single time.

When I hear this song, I think: "wow, I want to play this again."

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
For me personally it just makes me think of all the cute Pokemon Johto introduced (I mean they WERE on the screen!) but mostly just a feeling of... everything has finally worked out. It's gonna be ok, you're the champion. Nothing will stop you now. It's just such a happy moment for me haha. :)

battlepikelucy

Randnet
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 25, 2017
i think it's an accomplishing theme but it also reminds me of how i immediately shut the game off once it starts to carry on with the game lol

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
New song up! What does this one make you guys think of? :)

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
"Goddamn this is the best Gym Leader theme"

I'm still not out on what is the best Gym Leader theme, but damn if this theme isn't awesome. It sounds like serious business, a harsh battle that will reqire me to think my steps through, against a tough trainer that deservingly has the title of Gym Leader. My favourite part is the small part with the low, deep notes right before it loops.

I know it's also the Elite Four theme, but I associate it more with the Gym Leaders than them. Come to think of it, there hasn't been a Johto Gym Leader that didn't give me a hard time (most likely because this was my first game and I didn't have the hang of how and what yet).

Years
This is seriously one of the best Gym leader themes ever, it's close between this and the Kanto theme.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
For me... I think what comes to mind is Falkner lol The music makes me think of the Sprout Tower as well too which is really... weird. Damn Pidgeotto! But definitely somewhere near the start of the game lol certainly not late game.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
For me... I think what comes to mind is Falkner lol The music makes me think of the Sprout Tower as well too which is really... weird. Damn Pidgeotto! But definitely somewhere near the start of the game lol certainly not late game.

Falkner is also the first leader that comes into mind. That first Gym Leader battle really stuck to my six-year-old self, probably because of the change of music. I find Falkner a very fitting first Gym Leader and one of the more unique ones up to this day. Flying-types are more often reserved for the higher-leved trainers and later Gyms (Winona, Skyla) and they seem kinda forgotten because of that early in the games. Also Falkner just looks like a cool guy.

Guest123_x1

For last week's music... felt like a great triumph that you finally beat the Elite 4, even if you were going to have to explore Kanto right afterwards. Then, after the credits, a 'lullaby' plays giving the impression that it was all over...

This week: Not-so-happy memories are often associated with the Johto Gym Leader theme-when I first heard it, it gave me the impression that it was time for serious business!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
This week we've got the most memorable song from the games... or at least one people won't forget lol when you listen to this where are you riding to?!

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
1) I only recently found out that this song is a sped-up version of the Goldenrod City theme. Mind = blown.

2) This song is super weird to hear in stereo.

A very nice theme to hear most of the time.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I... can't believe I never noticed that! It's funny, listening to it I was actually like "heyyyy... this just makes me think entirely of Goldenrod City" haha.

Years
I love the bicycle theme from GSC so much, reminds me of riding from Ecruteak to Olivine City for some reason :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
New song up! Did this kill anyone else's ears??

Years
Dragon's Den was a neat area! Smh Claire couldn't take the loss so she sends you there.

It was a bit annoying with the whirlpools, but I loved the Dratini you got in Crystal. I think the song fits well with the location, since to me it looks like an intense training area.

Years
Yeah I didn't really like the music from Dragon's Den, which is a shame cause it was a really cool area and felt it really fit in with Mahogany Town.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What do you guys think of this lovely remix? :)

Back