• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's charizard or greninja

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 14, 2017
giphy.gif

Who is the strongest pokemon of ash? While deciding this we always come down to his two best pokemon charizard and greninja. So who do you think is stronger? Ash's charizard or greninja? Clearly greninja has advantage because of its Ash-greninja form but what if his charizard also mega evolves? Who do you think is stronger between these two? Not one on one but who is more powerful against opponents?

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Charizard defeated a legendary and had more battles than Greninja. Greninja has a powerful new form and type advantage. I gotta go for Charizard based on experience.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
We not counting Pikachu? Pikachu defeated a Legendary and a Mega Evolution too!

Probably Charizard though if we're not including the mouse. More experience and against strong rivals too. If anyone is saying Sawyer is in the same league as Gary, nope.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
I guess Greninja is stronger one of the two with the Ash-Greninja Form while Charizard has none. Charizard is more experienced though.

I'd go with Charizard purely because I like him way better than I ever liked Greninja.

But actually, I believe the bond between Ash and Charizard is actually stronger than Ash's bond with Greninja and isn't made overly special by the means of giving it a special Form.

Along with that, Charizard had some of the best character development of all of Ash's Pokémon.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
Note: Keep in mind that the anime has no set attack values, some moves like quick attack and arial ace can deal way much more damage and could OHK even tho they're relatively weak moves in the game. Heck sometimes moves can be combined in the anime to deal a crap ton of damage to pokemon... not to mention that there's no accuracy stat in the show as well XD

If this is just a head to head fight against Greninja and Charizard without Ash's support (So no Ash-Greninja). Charizard might win...

Charizard has proven to take a ton of punishment, it's insane how tanky it is, even taking water attacks head on. Not to mention how hard Charizard actually hits. It can easily OHK weakened tanks with Seismic toss (Which also has a flaming variant that does a lot more damage). Now Greninja is a strong Pokemon on its own, not to mention it probably has the highest will power among Ash's pokemon... but without Ash's support, it can't match Charizards training and Experience. Not to mention greninja is a complete glass canon...

If Greninja has Ash's support (and has access to Ash-Greninja) hands down, Even if Charizard has the support of an Ash of his own, I believe Greninja wins this fight hands down. Ash-Greninja can consistently overwhelm other mega forms(Which are just as strong as legionaries) with its blistering speed. It's hard to hit him because of his speed, but he's also a master of Shadow Clones (Double team... man English localized names are so boring at times) Not to mention all the perks the bond phenomenon gives greninja, he has practically no blind spot (As he sees what Ash sees), Greninja could also tap into Ash's combat experience as the two of them are practically one being during the phenomenon. And it has that Giant water shuriken as a finisher (I WISH USUM HAS THAT AS A Z-MOVE!!!)... It'll easily overpower charizard with his Ash-Greninja form in my opinion.

Now if Charizard could mega evolve tho... now that would be an interesting battle XD

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 6, 2019
Charizard had more experience he beated legendaries, he helped Ash to win against Gary. Greninja is not so strong like Charizard but Greninja was a very cool pokémon in kalos. I like both of them but Charizard was always my favourite and the most coolest. My vote goes to Charizard

Last edited:

remer

The Warrior
Years
I think that both Charizard and Greninja are really strong Pokemon.But my opinion is that Charizard if stronger.Well,it is the more experienced one than Greninja,and has tons of power(I think ash-greninja also has tons of power and speed)and Charizard improved a lot after training in charcific valley.(This is another reason,but I am putting it in brackets.As Greninja was beaten after a hard battle against Alain's Charizard X,I think Ash's Charizard also has a chance,cause in 'my opinion',Ash's Charizard is better than Alain's.)

Last edited:
Years
I still like Greninja over Charizard because it had developed a lot of bond over at him and even creating its own Bond Phenomenon, which allows them to share the same bodies and even for Ash allow it to fight it.

But i also like Charizard and i grew up watching it for long time before Greninja became my obession with it.

Back