• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Can't link avatar

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I'm getting this as an error when I upload an avatar via link: "Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file.", and I've tried smaller icons and everything as well. I can't upload normally because my laptop has a lot of problems and such. :c

Years
I can tell you that happens to me when I copy and paste a URL when editing an avatar. Because of this, I'm forced to have to save the image and upload it from there.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
I can tell you that happens to me when I copy and paste a URL when editing an avatar. Because of this, I'm forced to have to save the image and upload it from there.

I tried that... but my laptop is in a mood where it won't save any images. It's all screwed up. That's why i need to copy and paste the URL when my laptop is like that. D:

Edit: I was able to upload it on my iPad without having to link it.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I've gotten that error message before too. Only seen it recently as well.

It's obviously something that shouldn't be happening and it'd be great if it gets fixed sometime....but at least for now there seems to be that work around that Hikari mentioned.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
It worked for me just now. I'm starting to wonder if it might depend on the image. I could be wrong... unless they fixed it or something. o.o

I've gotten that error message before too. Only seen it recently as well.

It's obviously something that shouldn't be happening and it'd be great if it gets fixed sometime....but at least for now there seems to be that work around that Hikari mentioned.

As I told her, I can't do it that way. My computer is a piece of shit and has problems. It won't let me save pictures half the time. That's why I rely a lot on the linking to the image and uploading it that way. :/

Back