• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Retro Gaming Week

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Retro Gaming Week​

Welcome everybody, to Retro Gaming Week! This is a recreation of the old Video Game Arcade Week, hosted by Miss Doronjo (also known as LGDArm). In this event, there will be a new old-time arcade game for you to play each week. These games will be chosen completely randomly. If you'd like to suggest any game that you want to see featured, then feel free to shoot me a VM or PM with link to that game. If it's appropriate enough, then I will feature it. In Retro Gaming Week, all you have to do is play the game and try to get to the highest score. These games are based on flash, so before you play, make sure that you have the latest version of flash player installed onto your computer. If you don't, then you may be unable to play them.

You could jump into this event at any time; no need to post any sort of sign-up sheet. The only thing that you're to do is take a screenshot of your score, and post a reply with the form found at the bottom of this thread! You could post as many scores as you like, but if you're submitting scores for the same game, then please add it on to your previous post. This is just for fun; don't take it too seriously. If you weren't able to get the highest score, then worries--there's always next time! Try your best, and make sure to have fun.

Le Prizes 'o Doom

By participating in this event you'll be able to win a variety of prizes. First, the participation emblem! If you've played at least one game in Retro Gaming Week, then the following emblem will be given to you:

Participantemblem_zpsb7c0a267.png

If you've managed to reach first, second, or third place in a game, then you'll be awarded either of these emblems:

1stPlaceEmblem_zps621494e8.png
2ndPlaceEmblem_zps985d39ec.png
3rdPlaceEmblem_zps0b61c312.png

The Hall of Fame

The following is a list of all members who've been able to been able to gain the top high scores during each week of Retro Gaming Week.

Spoiler:

This Week's Game: Ms. PacMan!

snl7wg.png

This week, we have Ms. Pac-Man! Ms. Pac-Man is quite similar to the original Pac-Man, but the only difference is that in this game, the difficulty is a bit higher. Pac-Man makes faster movements, and the ghosts run around in random directions--making it harder to advance through the levels.

Once the game is over, take a shot of your score, save it onto your computer, upload it, and post a reply with the form below!

Code:
[PLAIN][b]Name[/b]: Your username goes here.
[b]Score[/b]: What score have you gotten?
[b]Screenie[/b]: Place a link to your screenshot here.[/PLAIN]

Good luck, everyone!

Thanks to LGDArm for the original CSS.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Just a quick note, this game doesn't show your score on the game-over screen (at least it didn't for me) so you have to be quick taking a screenshot when you die. I got around 18,000 points but didn't know there'd be no score on the end screen so didn't screenshot haha, I'll try again a bit later.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Ah, yeah, please follow OzzyCake's instruction, guys. ^^" Didn't realize that the game didn't allow you to view your score at the end; I'm extremely sorry. Make sure to take the screenshot as soon as you lose your last life, or else your score would be gone. I'll be more careful next time I choose a game, I promise. (:

Last edited:
Years
I thought I was bad at normal Pac-Man, but this one is insane! I think this is the best I'm going to get, honestly.
Name: Totodile42
Score: 15120
Screenie:
Spoiler:

Years
Name: [supporter]Pave Low[/supporter]
Score: 16,250
Screenie: Unavailable, I pressed Pg Dn instead of Print Scr but I will try again tomorrow and better this score.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Name: Scyke
Score: 23,450
Screenie:
Spoiler:

Aaargh this game can be quite frustrating haha. Quite happy with my final score however, though could of definitely got more.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Name: KoboraX
Score: 14,270
Screenie:
rJIYZ8t.png

I only got to level 3. Did pretty bleh overall, but I'll probably go back later and try to improve my score

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
All right, everyone, the week is over; we're done with Ms. Pac-Man. (: Here are your winners!

• 3rd: Scyke - 23,450
  • 2nd: Mr. X - 24,580
  • 1st: Bruce Banner - 31,140
Congratulations, you guys. Your emblems should be arriving soon! Now, it's time to move onto a new game.

This week, we have: Galaga!

If you'd like to play, then visit the following link: http://freegalaga.com/. It's an arcade shooter game developed by Namco, and is the direct sequel to Galaxian. In this game, your main objective is to destroy all aliens that fly toward you. The more aliens you defeat, the higher the score is. Once you're done playing, take a screenshot of your score and submit a reply. Good luck, and have fun!

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Woo awesome, I didn't think I would get first place. Will definitely be trying to defend my title. ;p

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Since nobody's participated last week, we couldn't have any winners. Sorry, guys. ): Let's jump to the next game.

Space Invaders

Visit this link, play the game, and submit your score! Space Invaders is pretty simple; all you have to do is shoot your enemies and not let any of them get near you. If they manage to touch you, then game over! Beware, though, because this game is pretty time-consuming. It might take you an hour to reach a decent score, haha. But that doesn't matter—try your best, and make sure to have fun!

TY

Score: 23,080
Proof:
Spoiler:

This game was pretty fun.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Name: CliCliW
Score: 15, 670
Screenie:

I hope that works. I really love these, they're awesome! I didn't realise one had been added for last week at all, I checked the first post and not the most recent.. I'd like to suggest that the list of previous games be put in the first post, as well as "The game of the Week" thing. I really love these, but I have so much trouble trying to upload my screenshots. If someone could send some advice I'd act be really grateful..

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Name: LoudSilence
Score: 27,410
Photo:

Spoiler:

I thought this would be easy, especially since I was getting one life per round (thought it was broken, even). Then when they started spawning closer...ugh.

I don't remember the original Space Invaders being like this, but it was a fun challenge nonetheless!

CliCliW

Years
I played it again and got a better score than my last, still only 16 000 though :P but Cause my last screenie failed (I think) I'm gonna use this one:
04WiK3l.png

CliCliW

Years
Just a mention to the thread owner too: Don't forget to update the hall of fame list!!

I will have my name on that list eventually....

Back