• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first Pokèmon game??

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
Years
I got Blue and Red for Christmas, soon after they came out I think?

I remember my brother got Yellow for his birthday, and I wanted to play it so much that my parents must have assumed I would want the other two. Not entirely sure why they got me both, but they did.

Blue was my preferred one mind.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 13, 2015
Been playing since I purchased Pokemon Red, the day it came out! I went to the store, seen the cover with Charizard on it, and begged my mom to buy it for me. Luckily she did, or I may have never started Pokemon!

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Pokemon Red. I was a kid when it came out (1998 feels like forever ago!). This was before the show had even been released and the concept was very new. I had a Game Boy with only one game at the time. I saw the picture of this cool dragon looking creature in Toys R Us once. Asked my parents to get it for me and I've been hooked ever since.

I've replayed the game so many times during the years, even after the new gens came out...there's just a wonderful charm about playing it in its first iteration when everything was still so new. Only game that ever topped it for me was Gold :)

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Years
Im with Adventure on pkmn Yellow. I saved my money and got it, and gosh did i love it. I went on to by red and blue, g/s/c, r/s/e, and everything inbetween.

icelovebunnies9

Ghastly Dragon
Years
My first game wasn't one of the older ones (at least I don't think it is XD). My first as far as I know was Pearl. I think in the past I wasn't all too interested. I don't really know how I got Pearl or why I got it. XD But it's the oldest Pokemon game I have in my possession at the moment.

Years
Woo team Fire Red! I got Fire Red as my first Pokemon game. My extended family and I are close so about 4 of us (my cousins included) got the game and our competitive kid instincts kicked in. We were hooked and have never looked back.

Because I loved Fire Red so much as my "original" Pokemon game I once got into a heated argument about how it came befor ruby and sapphire... :/ lucky it all blew over and I have some great friends haha but we really do connect powerfully with our first Pokemon experience!!

Gizmo-Dude17

"Sorry, don't mind me."
Years
Maybe Blue, or Silver? Honestly, I can never remember. But, I say this, because I played these games at around the same time. I'm sorry! (T.T) I was younger then! I didn't even know what pokemon was! I just played with my charmander, and cyndaquil! Trained and had fun.

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
Years
My first Pokémon game and first game in general was Blue. My older sister had owned it and a couple of other games including a Pokémon spin off and a purple Gameboy Colour before she gave them all to me. It's a shame my GBC started crashing. And it had lasted for 14 years when my first DS only lasted for 3. I've been playing Pokémon since I was 3 and don't intend of stopping even after Pokémon has reached its end. :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
It was Pokemon Red, my save file got deleted though...

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
My first Pokémon game was FireRed, which I got in first grade (at the age of 6). But, I stole another kid's game, and my mother made me give the kid my FireRed since I lost the one I stole. Two years later I got Emerald at the age of 8, and when I was 10 I traded another FireRed for a friend's Ruby, which I considered my second official game when I realized I started a collection out of those games. When I was 8 1/2 I convinced my mother to buy me Sapphire from Wal-Mart, which I promptly lost. :/

That Ruby is the only game I haven't replaced, although I do own a second copy of Ruby since my sister has a profile on the first one.

What a trip down memory lane that was~ :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 15, 2013
I guess I'll be the first "old one" (haha) to post here and say that Pokémon R/B/Y were my first games and I've played all of the main games after and even a few side games like XD and the Mystery Dungeons.

Mieka

Born in Kanto Region
Years
Pokemon Emerald was my first game. Later on I tried playing with Pokemon Yellow and Silver version. Pokemon Silver kept deleting itself, I don't know why.

Back