• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
makiri said:
When i want to change pokemon in PET i got 2 options: Pokemon are as pictures, but then i can change at one klick only +1 or -1, so it takes long, until i get pokemon, that i want.I make option "show as text", but i don't have then real pokemon names. There are only "{\h49'\tdd[d]p\..." or something like this. How can i fix it?
Scizz said:
You need to adjust the offset given at "MonsterNames" in the entry for your ROM in the PokeRoms.ini file.You'll need a Hex-Editor and a table file.
You can find both on the sites mentioned in the Hacking Tools Reference.
makiri said:
I have Hexecut, but i don't know how to use it, and what is table file.
Can someone help me with this? (Adjust the offset and send to me, or tell me what i have to do step by step) Plz!

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2008
Trading Pokemon On VBA?

I read through the FAQS on the forum and I saw the link about VBALink. The file seems to be corrupt. Its there a way now to trade Pokemon or just not high-tech enough yet.

Thanks!:confused:

yamidante

Grow up
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 3, 2009
no you need VBAlink the file doesnt work the forum crashed and all file uploaded before the cash were corrupted

As_Stars_Go_Out

StraightXEdge
Years
  • Age 35
  • U.K.
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
Help Hacking Emerald

i need a program that can change the starters in Pokémon Emerald can anyone help me out?

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2006
help on tile editing for gba games

can anyone tell me how to change the graphics in pokemon ruby?????make it new ya know add u r own characters and all??

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
yamidante said:
can anyone tell me whats wrong with my script ???

***script***

#org 0x837510
givepokemon 0xF6 0x09 0x01
message 0x837530
boxset 0x4
end

#org 0x837530
= yo, here's a larvitar

***script***
try this

#org 0x837510
message 0x837530
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x837530
= yo,\n here's a larvitar

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
Can someone tell me what's wrong with my script? It inserts correctly, but in-game (Emerald) it shows "\v\h01 obtained a TANGELA!" every time you say YES, it doesn't play the fanfare, and it doesn't enable the Pokemon option on the Menu. (this script is based off of the Chikorita script earlier in the thread)

Code:
#org 0x9C1380
checkflag 0x1FF
if 0x1 0x9C1490
message 0x9c1500
boxset BOXSET_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 0x9C1480
message 0x9C1600
boxset 0x2
givepokemon 0x72 5 0x0
fanfare 0x212
waitfanfare
setflag 0x1FF
setflag 0x800
end

#org 0x9C1480
message 0x9C1570
boxset 0x6
end

#org 0x9C1490
message 0x9C1540
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x9C1500
= Do you want the GRASS-type TANGELA?
#org 0x9C1540
= That's one of PROF. BIRCH's POKéMON.
#org 0x9C1570
= Choose wisely!
#org 0x9C1600
= \v\h01 obtained a TANGELA!

Also, is it possible to make a script that checks flag 0x1FF and if it's set, the script ends, but if it's not set, Prof. Birch tells you to come back and choose a Pokemon?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
DanielMz said:
please some one can help me?
Learn a programming language (Visual Basic, C++, C#, etc.) and get a developing enviroment to compile your code into an executable program.

Icyflare said:
I need to know if it is possible to port the tilesets from FireRed version onto Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald version, and if it is, how can I do so? If I am to use unLZ-GBA, can someone give me a step-by-step of how I should go about porting the tiles? Thank you!
It is possible.
Just dump your tileset of FR and your tileset of Emerald with unLZ-GBA. (RAW)
Then open both with TLP or Tilemolester, edit the offsets for your needs (like moving blocks from the FR one to the Emerald one), save and Import them back into your game.

Legendary_Reploid_Zero said:
thanks!

1. Is there any way to use FF's to create a new map? I mean in hex, doing it manually.
2. how can u insert a wild PKMN battle script in hex or an PKMN or item give script in hex?
3. is there a tool where you can load a map click on a person on the map and edit his script? (no i know about scripting but if there is a tool like that it would be helpful and save more time instead of inserting all these offsets) Just wondering...
1. You want to create a Map manually with a Hex-Editor? o.0
I hope you have time on your hands.
It is possible, but I would not reccomend it. Other things, yes, but not Maps.
AdvanceMap has a nice new function to create new Maps. You're better off by using that one.

2.Find Item Script:
[1A0080][item No][1A0180][amount][090102]

Give Pokémon Script:
[79][Pokémon Number][Level][Item][0000000000000000]

Wild Battle Script:
[B6][Pokémon Number][Level][00254301]

3. ScriptED. Load your Map in EliteMap, CTRL+Click on an Event and edit it's Script.

mxkpkmnextu?? said:
Hail
I got 2 more problems, which are giving me an big headache, so
you see, I'm putting some new sprites in the game and the sprites after putting them in the rom the sprite comes out without some line(see in the attached files), the other thing is also about the sprites, and when I'm trying to put another sprite and I try to compress it into the rom it says "Pal to big. Do you want to expand the rom for further space?" and even if click in yes the result is the same, that is the thing all black (see also below)
Note: I'm using pokepic with this despite the fact of me using unlzgba, but in the unlz nothing is said and the pokemon pic in the hack comes out like some sort of missingno...
[[[ ]]]
Stay Sick\m/
If it says "Pal too big", then you have not indexed your Image corrrectly.
The reason why the black outline is not shown correctly, is that you have not defined it right in your Pallete.
ALso when inserting images and palletes, make sure you insert them at free space, so that you don't corrupt any other data.

Li-Kero said:
But how do i insert the script?
ScriptED. It is included in the EliteMap installer.

yamidante said:
i have searched the forum and helmeted rodent and i have searched google for elitemap 3.5 and i cant find it does anyone have it???? if so please could u put it up for download i tryed downloading the one i found on the forums but it said archive corrupt or damaged and downloaded it another 3 times

would really appreciate it

edit: sorry i dont know why this is here... it was supposed to be a thread...
3.5 is not available anymore. The latest and improved version is 3.7, which is reccomended to use. You can get it at the Hacking Tools Reference.

Shaneypoo17 said:
afew questions...

1.ive got this script... its for fr... and for some reason it teleports me to the starting house top floor instead of the place above cereulian. can someone correct it?

2. whats the offset for the fire red hero in tile molester and whats the palette offset?

3. is there any way to change the order of colors in a palette? like a program or something.

ty in advance.
Code:
#org 0x8100F0
lock
message 0x810510
boxset BOXSET_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 0 0x810720
message 0x811810
boxset 0x2
warp 0x3 43 0x0
release
end

#org 0x810720
lock
message 0x811010
boxset 0x2
release
end

#org 0x810510
= Hello,\n would you like to get \pa lift to BATTLE CORNER?

#org 0x811810
= GO SLOWBRO, TELEPORT!!!

#org 0x811010
= OK,\pjust tell me when you \nwant to go to the BATTLE CORNER
Remember to add a Warp on the Map to Warp to.

2. Specify. What Hero do you mean?

3. Hex-Editor.
Go to the pallete offset and re-arrange the colors as you want.

yamidante said:
can anyone tell me whats wrong with my script ???

***script***

#org 0x837510
message 0x837530
boxset 0x4
end

#org 0x837530
= yo, here's a larvitar

***script***
Replace "boxset 0x4" with "boxset 0x6".
Also if you don't want the event to re-occur every time you talk to it, remember to set flags.

123456 said:
I read through the FAQS on the forum and I saw the link about VBALink. The file seems to be corrupt. Its there a way now to trade Pokemon or just not high-tech enough yet.

Thanks!
The page in the FAQ is outdated.
The new site is available at http://www.vbalink.info/ .
I will fix the link.
http://vbalink.wz.cz/vbalink173.zip
As_Stars_Go_Out said:
i need a program that can change the starters in Pokémon Emerald can anyone help me out?
Hex-Editor.
A tutorial can be found here.

lance_6511 said:
can anyone tell me how to change the graphics in pokemon ruby?????make it new ya know add u r own characters and all??
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=52775
It works the same way for Pokémon and Trainers, together with all other graphics.

Legendary_Reploid_Zero said:
also where is the number in Unlz.gba for Charizard?
As I told you via PM, it's 2011.

Icyflare said:
Can someone tell me what's wrong with my script? It inserts correctly, but in-game (Emerald) it shows "\v\h01 obtained a TANGELA!" every time you say YES, it doesn't play the fanfare, and it doesn't enable the Pokemon option on the Menu. (this script is based off of the Chikorita script earlier in the thread)

Also, is it possible to make a script that checks flag 0x1FF and if it's set, the script ends, but if it's not set, Prof. Birch tells you to come back and choose a Pokemon?
The problem is the "givepokemon" code.
Is is set in the RubiKode database with less bytes than it actually uses.
Just add the missing bytes and it willl work.
Code:
#org 0x9C1380
checkflag 0x1FF
if 0x1 0x9C1490
message 0x9c1500
boxset BOXSET_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 0x9C1480
givepokemon 0x72 5 0x0
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
fanfare 0x212
message 0x9C1600
boxset 0x2
waitfanfare
setflag 0x1FF
setflag 0x800
end

#org 0x9C1480
message 0x9C1570
boxset 0x6
end

#org 0x9C1490
message 0x9C1540
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x9C1500
= Do you want the GRASS-type TANGELA?
#org 0x9C1540
= That's one of PROF. BIRCH's POKéMON.
#org 0x9C1570
= Choose wisely!
#org 0x9C1600
= \v\h01 obtained a TANGELA!
It is possible to do that.
Code:
#org 0x9C1380
checkflag 0x1FF
if 0x0 0x9C1480
end

#org 0x9C1480
message 0x9c1500
boxset 0x6
end

#org 0x9C1500
= Please choose a Pokémon!

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
Scizz: i meant the 256 color hero and heroine in fire red, i needed the offset for that in tilemolester, and i needed the palette offset aswell.

w_rink_ly

Novice Hacker
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 23, 2024
Does anyone know how to change the capabilities of an item. You will probably say "ASM Hacking!" - which is fine, but please tell me how to do it or help understand the basics, etc. What I want to do is take an item like soft sand and change it's name (easy) but then I want to change t so it is capable of evolving a pokemon (like a fire stone for example). Can this be done?

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
can anyone give me a link to a list of attacks in hex (for fire red)... i need them to change gym leader's pokemon.

Spazzup

umm
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2008
Does anyone know how to script/create timed events?

ie. When it's 6:00 in the internal clock a certain event is activated.

Thanks in advance ;D

Osceola

Silent Warrior
Years
Questions and Hopefully Some Answers

FR Questions

1. when i open pet, i can't seem to find BIKE GOON. I want to edit the levels of his poke.

2. How can i edit the levels of the PKMN that Oak gives you and Gary? You originally start at lvl. 5, I want to turn that to 25. How can i change it?

3. When I open the Title Screen "Charizard, no matter how many times i press + and - charizard is all split up in different pieces.

4. I see what you mean in a way but not.
Item Script
[1A0080][item No][1A0180][amount][090102]
Give Pokémon Script:
[79][Pokémon Number][Level][Item][0000000000000000]
Wild Battle Script:
[B6][Pokémon Number][Level][00254301]

The item no., poke no, I get and the amount, level too, but what I don't get is what [00254301], [B6],0000000000000000, and the rest of the big numbers. What are those representing? Do I need to change them or do I leave them alone? I'm confused! *Pained Smile*

5. The pallete for the boy and girl in FR, is all messed up. It doesn't look at all like how it does when I go through the Oak intro and you select boy and girl. What is the pallete offset?

6. what are flags that haven't been used yet?

As_Stars_Go_Out

StraightXEdge
Years
  • Age 35
  • U.K.
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
does anyone know how to rearrange the tile's in FR title screen you know move the charizard ?

oh and also using hex how do you change the map titles like say pallet town to whatever?

any help would be cool thanks!

Last edited:

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
Can you remove the 16 item limit in secret bases?

As it says in the title, I am wondering if there is a way to lift the 16 item limit in secret bases, or at least raise the number a bit...

Spazzup

umm
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2008
Masquerade™ Inc. said:
As it says in the title, I am wondering if there is a way to lift the 16 item limit in secret bases, or at least raise the number a bit...
Yes, it's possible. In each Secret Base there are seventeen events, one being the laptop. The other sixteen are slots for decorations. All you have to do is create more events that behave exactly the same as the decoration events. You'll have to repoint the number of events but I think that'd work. It might also be coded into the laptop function though.

I'm not completely sure of that but it seems plausible.

charimon

Yeah hacking !! ^^
Years
1. can you somehow enter more overworld characters in ruby (it would really help me but i already know if it is possible it is with hex :( but still i know it then :))

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Thanks for the script scizz, but it's still not doing it right when i plug in the info.
Could you please make me a script that checks to see if you have 1 pokeball in your bag? Please? I would appreciate it a whole lot!
Thanks in advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back