• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Birbs of Unova

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I got a Vullaby from an event encounter but I ended up ditching it in the end because it had pretty bad stats if I recall. I used a Ducklett in a later run and it was super adorable and turned out pretty strong :3 def my fav birb line in Gen 5.

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
Years
Mine is Both Rufflet Line, Vullaby Line and mostly Archen(!!!)

Even I choose fossil for bird-replace; still, Both (Rufflet and Vullaby)of their Evo lines has great design and great stats.Even they are my favorite design for bird Pokemon.But my Favorite is Archen line.Archeops be My MVP in my gen 5 run and fan game Pokemon Reborn

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Why no Archen? It is the ancestor of all bird pokemon and probably my favorite. :) Braviary has a really cool design and all, but Swanna was my MVP (more than once) on my many times through Unova. Very elegant design, nicely balanced stats, and a good offensive typing make it a really good in-game pokemon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Ducklett/Swanna is hands down my fav from the fifth gen. I used one on my first team in White and i absolutely adored using it! I really ought to use it again sometime.

blue

gucci
Years
I used Swanna in my team when playing through White and it is a great Pokemon imo. The Vullaby line is one I'd still like to try as I much prefer it to the Rufflet line.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
ok well it's definitely not Archen or Vullaby...

Sooo it's gotta be Ducklett. It's hilarious. How can you not want to laugh at it? Duck mons are the best.

Pidove is cute and Rufflet turns into something really cool but Ducklett has it here.

Years
Yeah, Sigilyph is definitely my favorite from Unova. It is the Avianoid Pokemon so that counts in my book.

That aside, Archen is the most adorable of them.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Love love love Braviary. I had set my eyes on it the moment I saw it appear in the scans. *-* It's a strong Poke too.

Still wanna try using Archeops in a team but I'll see when that happens.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 12, 2018
1. Mandibuzz - 10/10 - I LOVE the bone skirt and hair-tie! Goes perfectly with the vulture concept. Surprised that GF chose a baddass feminine route for a Vulture, rather than an ugly/awkward design.
2. Braviary - 9.5/10 - I love the colorful palette! The shape of the plumes on his head are perfect. PLus, who doesn't love eagles?
3. Swanna - 9/10 - A bit basic, maybe it needs a little more blue in the palette? though, basic could also be considered refined. Otherwise I love the details on its chest and "ear" tufts. (not to mention that elegant long neck)
4. Unfezant-M - 8.5/10 - Unpopular opinion, but I really like this design. The green/red/black/grey/yellow palette is quite unique. The mask is just flat-out adorable. Then again, it's a pidgeon pokemon...hmm, I feel like we have one of those burbs.
5. Archeops - 7.5 - I love the coloring and concept. The feathers are plush against the reptilian skin. The FACE though. Why?!?! It is so ugly...ruining an otherwise awesome design :(
6. Unfezant-F - 4/10 - I usually like the gender split mon, but this version just...blows. I understand male pigeons are the "attracters" and have brighter colors, but...do we need to literally have a boring female counterpart? I would not mind the omitted red and green palette if she had a brown mask or pretty hairlike plumes.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
No a fan of Ducklett at all, but I adore Swanna. I also like Archen and Archeops a lot, they were my fossil choice back then

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
I like Archen and Archeops. Look at him, he is trying his best.
latest

But seriously, my favorite might be Swanna. I love using it competitively in lower tiers. And its cry is really cool. :D

Years
I'd say Sigilyph is my fave Unova Flying-type, though Swanna comes a close second. I actually used a Swanna in a random battle on Showdown and it did a great job destroying my opponent with all that rain abuse it has going for it with Hydration and two powerful STABs in Hurricane and Surf. Sigilyph was part of my main story team in Black 2, and it's sad the game went corrupt because I'll never get to see her triumphs again, all while serving as a Fly slave at the same time.

Archeops also deserves a mention, despite that terrible ability it has.

Years
Sigiliyph because it gives you the advantage of wtf surprise.

When you look at it, it can play both offensively and defensively. It also has good abilities in both Wonder Skin and Magic Guard, though I definitely say Magic Guard is the superior ability with its immunity to indirect damage.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ok now we know your favourites... which do you guys think is strongest? :)

Years
My favourite is archen line. Now about the strongest, I don't like archeops' ability so I think it's mandibuzz

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
My favourite is Mandibuzz which is also my favourite flying type overall. (Also Mandibuzz was my first ever Shiny Masuda hatch).

Not sure which is strongest but Mandibuzz is best defensively. Archeops has great stats but is held back by an horrendous ability.

Back