Meet & Greet New forum users, start here! Introduce yourself to the community, welcome your fellow members, and discover all of the cool things you can do around PokéCommunity.

Old 1 Week Ago (8:13 AM).

Nature: Timid
    Good day! How is everyone? I don't know how to make a proper introduction so I might as well talk about what my favourite things are about Pokemon.

My favourite Pokemon is a tie between Bisharp and Hitmontop. Bisharp has such a cool design, and I don't know why I like Hitmontop so much. He's just a funky little Pokemon that I came to adore over the years. My favourite type is steel. My favourite generation is 4, and Sinnoh happens to be my favourite region as well. I really like a lot of the myths from Sinnoh as well as the Pokemon designs.

My favourite thing to do in Pokemon is simply play through the games and trying out different teams each play through. I'm also a pretty big fan of shiny hunting as well.
    Platinum Badge Quest(Badge #1)

1100 SR's

Relevant Advertising!

Old 1 Week Ago (8:19 AM).
    the clouds roll by and i roll with them

Nature: Gentle
    Hello TheCrystalDragon, welcome to Pokécommunity! :)
    I am also a Shiny Hunter, how many Shinies have you caught? Which is your favourite?
    but deep inside our hearts, hides a secret yearning
    to a former life in a distant world in another time
    Moderator of the Trade Corner
    Old 1 Week Ago (8:38 AM).

Hello, Soapyyy! : )

I've got 29 shinies, not including the event shinies. My favourite shiny is definitely Giratina's shiny. It was such a dream shiny of mine, and I've hunted for that shiny for a very long time. I actually gave up on it years ago when I reset Platinum over 11,000 times. This unfortunately killed my love for shiny hunting. But I picked it up again in Pearl about two months ago, and finally got shiny Giratina after 6,872 resets. When I saw that thing fly across my screen the rush made me remember why I used to love shiny hunting, so now I can finally get back into it again. : D

1100 SR's
      Old 1 Week Ago (8:43 AM).
      • PokéCommunity Daily
      • Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
      Howdy, Welcome to the PokeCommunity! Hey, generation 4 is my favourite too! I really liked how they incorporated the myths into the storyline. Do you have a favourite Sinnoh starter or Pokemon? Ooh shiny hunting can be a hard task, but it is very rewarding. What's your most valued shiny you've hunted for?
      You can also obtain a lot more shinies by trading over in the Trade Corner, why not check it out sometime? :D
      Old 1 Week Ago (9:00 AM).

Hello, Radiating! : )
        My favourite Sinnoh starter is Piplup since Empoleon happens to be my favourite Sinnoh Pokemon! Oh, yes, shiny hunting can be difficult and very time consuming, but once you finally see that shiny on your screen it's so worth it! Of course, I do other productive things like write/draw while I'm hunting.

My proudest/valued shiny is definitely the Giratina I was talking about in my previous post. I reset for it for so long, and it killed my motivation to shiny hunt when I didn't get it after 11,000 resets. But when I picked up shiny hunting again and finally saw it on my screen, I felt such joy! : D

Thanks, I'll definitely check it out sometime!

1100 SR's
        Old 1 Week Ago (9:06 AM).
        the clouds roll by and i roll with them

Nature: Gentle
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by TheCrystalDragon View Post
        Hello, Soapyyy! : )

I've got 29 shinies, not including the event shinies. My favourite shiny is definitely Giratina's shiny. It was such a dream shiny of mine, and I've hunted for that shiny for a very long time. I actually gave up on it years ago when I reset Platinum over 11,000 times. This unfortunately killed my love for shiny hunting. But I picked it up again in Pearl about two months ago, and finally got shiny Giratina after 6,872 resets. When I saw that thing fly across my screen the rush made me remember why I used to love shiny hunting, so now I can finally get back into it again. : D
        Aaaaa that is so awesome! I've never hunted for Legendary Shinies, but I started over Soul Silver for that purpose. I still have yet to catch Giratina in my Diamond game too, so maybe I can try that I started SOS chaining in Sun Moon, and I've yet to try Dex Nav hunting. What is your favourite method? Mine is Masuda Breeding ^-^
        but deep inside our hearts, hides a secret yearning
        to a former life in a distant world in another time
        Moderator of the Trade Corner
        Old 1 Week Ago (9:19 AM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Soapyyy View Post
          Aaaaa that is so awesome! I've never hunted for Legendary Shinies, but I started over Soul Silver for that purpose. I still have yet to catch Giratina in my Diamond game too, so maybe I can try that I started SOS chaining in Sun Moon, and I've yet to try Dex Nav hunting. What is your favourite method? Mine is Masuda Breeding ^-^
          I've only successfully hunted two shiny Legendaries. My first ever was Palkia in Pearl. That one took me 7062 resets. My second one is the Giratina. Now I'm hunting Cresselia in Pearl and Kyurem in Black 2. I say go for it, if you have the chance! : )

I haven't tried SOS chaining yet, or Dex Nav. I've tried Pokeradar chaining, and I'm actually really good at it so I don't really like hunting with that method anymore because it's too easy. I really like Masuda Method, too. Got quite a few shinies that way (including my beloved shiny Bisharp)and I'm actually hunting for shiny Litten through Masuda Method in Moon.

1100 SR's
          Old 1 Week Ago (12:59 PM).
          • PokéCommunity Daily
          • Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by TheCrystalDragon View Post
          Hello, Radiating! : )
          My favourite Sinnoh starter is Piplup since Empoleon happens to be my favourite Sinnoh Pokemon! Oh, yes, shiny hunting can be difficult and very time consuming, but once you finally see that shiny on your screen it's so worth it! Of course, I do other productive things like write/draw while I'm hunting.

My proudest/valued shiny is definitely the Giratina I was talking about in my previous post. I reset for it for so long, and it killed my motivation to shiny hunt when I didn't get it after 11,000 resets. But when I picked up shiny hunting again and finally saw it on my screen, I felt such joy! : D

Thanks, I'll definitely check it out sometime!
          Congrats on that Giratina! I can imagine the joy you felt, as Giratina is one my all time favorite shiny Pokemon too. I have a shiny Giratina too, although it's not my own. Are you currently hunting for something right now?
          Old 1 Week Ago (2:11 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Radiating View Post
            Congrats on that Giratina! I can imagine the joy you felt, as Giratina is one my all time favorite shiny Pokemon too. I have a shiny Giratina too, although it's not my own. Are you currently hunting for something right now?
            Thank you! : )

I'm currently hunting four shinies. I occasionally hatch Litten eggs in Moon. I'm soft resetting for Cresselia in Pearl and Kyurem in Black 2. And I'm soft resetting for a shiny Chimchar in Platinum. Although, I seem to have more motivation to hunt for Chimchar than anything else right now, but my mind constantly changes which is why I have four hunts going.

1100 SR's
            Quick Reply

Sponsored Links