Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Draconius GO

Old May 27th, 2017 (6:51 AM). Edited May 27th, 2017 by weedle_mchairybug.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CidHazard View Post
    Lets talk about both Super Mario World and Super mario 3 tv shows... those shows did not originated nor aired in japan. So the argument here is moot. The japanese market had no awareness of the show nor did they care about the show... and as acorance to my research Nintendo only asked for a limited run... Super Mario Bro's 3 had a 26 episode run and Super Mario world had a 12 episode run. They weren't cancelled they ended there's a difference there.
    Super Mario Bros 3 definitely ended as it was supposed to from what I've read on Mario Wiki, but Super Mario World was cut short definitely, having watched that series as a child on the Saturday Block (they didn't even have a final battle with Bowser, or King Koopa as he was called, like in the games. It literally ended with a bedtime story regarding Yoshi's birth that occurred well before the events of the series.).

As far as whether the Japanese market had any awareness of the show, I'm not sure about the average joe in Japan, but I definitely know that the Japanese creators of that game most certainly had awareness of the show, considering that DiC were making the show before the games were even localized (this can be proven by the Koopalings, or Koopa Kids, as they were called, being given completely different names from what we know them by in the games. Like for example, Larry Koopa = Cheatsy Koopa. This was because in the original Super Mario Bros. 3 in Japan, the Koopalings were literally nameless, which essentially means DIC had to have gotten the Japanese game to work on the show. It's also the reason why Bowser's called "King Koopa" in the various show despite already having a localized name of Bowser, because that's his Japanese name.). And in order for DIC to do that, the Japanese needed to let them have access to the Japanese materials for them to work on those shows, get the necessary elements needed to produce the show.

Quote:
    Both Kirby right back at ya and Sonic X weren't cancelled are you seriously going to use these two as an argument? these two shows ended definitively. Kirby had his final battle with Nightmare, and Sonic X had the main character Chris going back home after doctor Egg Man had a "change" of heart. So how where these shows canceled exactly? in what way?
    Okay, those were bad examples, I'll admit. But the MegaMan Star Force Anime most certainly was cancelled without an actual ending.

Quote:
    Love hina TV ended after its 26 episode run... with 2 TV Specials and 3 OVA's that concluded the anime's story. If you read the manga you'd notice that a lot stories they didn't cover to fit the shows 26 episode run, because they where only going to run 26 episodes... the three episode OVA's released on DVD that wrapped up the anime's story with both Naru and Keitaro flying off into the sunset... not to mention that the manga's story already ended at the time. There was no season 2 plans to be cancelled. it ended.

A lot of Shows based on LN's and Manga have limited TV show runs. Only lasting 12 to 26 episodes, sometimes a 26 episode series is split into two seasons. The Anime is only promotional material for the LN / Manga after the show ends the viewers would have to buy the manga / LN to find out what happens next. this is a common practice weedle you can't deny it. if the show gets really popular (Or just popular if your in Shounen Jump) Then and only then will there be talks of a second season. Each series has they're own arcs and the creators often morph their stories in a way that the show has a beginning middle and end for a 12 or 26 episode run. If they wan't more buy they'll buy the manga or VN.

Every show can't be dragon ball super or pokemon, some of the creators of these show have a limited budget. So going for a 2nd season or a 50+ anime run is almost impossible for those who don't have the backing of a Shounen Jump or Ban Dai. The shows weren't cancelled the creator just wanted a limited run, they just want exposure for the original work.

Time and time and again even if the show is absolute garbage with a niche audience... if the creators want a second season or series they will get it. This isn't like in the west where shows are beholden to executives, they're beholden to the creators who wan't the next Game of Thrones, Walking Dead or Breaking bad... and if the show is terrible or under performs they get unceremoniously cut.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure Pokémon right now is more like Western shows than traditional animes (especially when the Pokémon anime right now is being run by executives more than the actual creators. In fact, in some of his blog entries, Takeshi Shudo actually was disgusted with the direction the show went starting late Johto and up to AG).

Quote:
    Decreasing? weedle The Pokemon Companies revenue increased from 2015's 2.5 billion to 3.3 billion in 2016... how is that decreasing? how is that a failure?

https://nintendowire.com/news/2017/04/14/pokemon-company-generated-3-3-billion-revenue-2016-fiscal-year/

Granted merchandising sales did increase because of Pokemon GO and Pokemon Sun and Moon.
    I'll admit, that may actually be news to me, but on the other hand... this was what I was referring to:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8556080&postcount=97

Quote:
    Also those block buster movies cannot be saved by merch you know why? because they need millions of dollars in movie tickets just to break even. Look the marvel movies have what 200+ million dollars in production alone? if they make only 150 million which is a large sum of money... they're still screwed.

What about pokemon? for reference the first Pokemon Movie had only had a budget of 30 million... the games alone, that the movie was promoting. Could easily make up the loss not to mention the thousands of cards, merch, dvd's they sell over the course of a year... not to mention that even at its lowest the pokemon movie still made 22 mil.
    Yes, except under the idea that they're only advertisements, it also needs to succeed the millions of dollars in movie tickets to not only break even, but also successfully distribute said advertisements, like with Hoopa being downloadable via theaters.

Quote:
    Is the film a box office failure for not breaking even... yes. Did it do its job by promoting the source material yes.
    It's not successful at its job if it's a box office failure, period, and that's doubly true if it's a marketing gimmick. If you fail to distribute a high number of Mythical Pokémon, it is a bust, pure and simple.

Quote:
    also only the first two movies had a budget of 30 mil. It's reported that the later movies worked with a much lower production budget.
    According to Dogasu, both Hoopa and Volcanion's movies were utter box office disasters, even taking into account the budget, managing to perform even worse than Pokémon Heroes. Even Diancie's movie, while doing slightly better than Pokémon Heroes, nonetheless was not impressive at the box office, and resulted in the movie writer since the first Celebi movie getting sacked and replaced as a result.

Quote:
    Pokemon was at a decline but Pokemon Go and the New direction of Sun and Moon injected a new life to the series.
    We'll see. If it goes back to a decline next year, it's pretty clear it didn't save it (I suspect the only reason things are booming right now is because it's the 20th anniversary period for the anime).

Quote:
    They had a Ford focus commercial. Tho I think it was Solid Snake and Otakon not Naked Snake.
    Yeah, that was actually Solid Snake instead of Naked Snake, and Metal Gear Solid 1, not to mention. Though I'm not sure if that really counts since that seemed more directed towards the American audiences than Japanese audiences, even using the English voice actors for them.

Quote:
    It was supposed to be a joke XD I do remember shows like Sonic, Mighty Ducks, Megaman Super Fighting Robot... going a bit overboard with the setting and plots tho. I also remember that weird 3d Donkey Kong TV show with the catchpharse bananaslama... hmm XD
    I'm pretty sure Mighty Ducks was not based on any Japanese shows, though, more the live action Mighty Ducks movies involving the Anaheim Ducks hockey team. Fair point regarding Sonic and Mega Man, though. And I remember that 3D Donkey Kong TV show.

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 27th, 2017 (7:09 AM).
    just a miserable pile of secrets

Nature: Careful
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by weedle_mchairybug View Post
      Okay, those were bad examples, I'll admit. But the MegaMan Star Force Anime most certainly was cancelled without an actual ending.
      That show was good too damn it... sigh... I feel Capcom killed off The star force series as a whole prematurely. The last game of the series which ties in with battle network wasn't even released outside of japan.
      Old May 27th, 2017 (11:23 AM). Edited May 28th, 2017 by ash120430.
      AshFan

Nature: Calm
        I just can't watch Pokemon SM any more. It is just like horror movie for me. It's a big nightmare. It is just like..... I have no word. It is terrible. It has totally become cartoon!!! OMG, They'll have to do something.
        Old May 31st, 2017 (1:29 AM). Edited May 31st, 2017 by Frozocrone.
        Fighting a bigger fight

SUPER CHARGED Z-MOVE POSE POKEBASE

gets 4.0 as a rating

Source

I grew tired of waiting for ANN to post so went to videor.co.jp to fetch them. You'll want to look for: ポケットモンスターサン&ムーン while under list number 5 (that's the animation list). Ctrl + F might make things easier for you.

It's pretty easy to find it if your Japanese isn't great, it shows the date of airing as year/month/day and also has relevant TV channel and timeslot (TV Tokyo, 18:55-30).

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545
          Old May 31st, 2017 (3:57 AM).

Thanks for the source Frozocrone... ANN's been lazy at updating their list recently so having the actual source is appreciated.

Now back to the topic at hand, Did something happen to the children of Japan during and After golden week? All shows from top 5-10 took a hit in that span of time... with shows like Thomas the tank engine taking top spots.

My cousins visits us here in our country during the Golden Week so I couldn't really ask them why.
            Old June 15th, 2017 (11:02 AM). Edited June 16th, 2017 by Frozocrone.
            Fighting a bigger fight

I think the last episode got less than 3.0. My last link should auto update but if not I'll scour the internet for another source.

EDIT: it looks like 3.7

Old June 21st, 2017 (4:36 AM).

So, what's the rating now?

Also, think anyone can post the poll results for Ash's Pokémon, like you guys did with Ash's former companions?
                Old June 21st, 2017 (8:16 AM).

Quote:
                  So, what's the rating now?

Also, think anyone can post the poll results for Ash's Pokémon, like you guys did with Ash's former companions?
                  I don't know but the 1st Pokemon opening being replayed for the first time since 2002-2004 have probably helped the ratings of SM030 (nostalgia fanservice).

Now for your question :

https://animeanime.jp/article/2017/05/09/33795.html

1. Charizard
                  2. Pikachu
                  3. Infernape
                  4. Greninja
                  5. Butterfree
                  Old June 27th, 2017 (8:58 PM).

Nature: Serious
                    well, from the TV-Tokyo official site Pokemon Sun Moon is on 6th place while Yokai Watch is not even in the best 10. i think the most popular anime on TV-Tokyo right now is Idol Time PuriPara and Boruto.
                    Obtained: Alola: 228/285, National: 396/791
                    Old July 11th, 2017 (10:03 AM).

So, what are the current ratings for Pokémon now?
                      Old July 11th, 2017 (10:48 AM).
                      Fighting a bigger fight

Quote:
                        So, what are the current ratings for Pokémon now?
                        My 2nd last post has a link that goes directly to the ratings that update weekly, ergo, I didn't think it was necessary to keep posting.

The last one shows 3.5 but I think that was for SM032 and not the one that just aired.

Old July 11th, 2017 (10:56 AM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
                          My 2nd last post has a link that goes directly to the ratings that update weekly, ergo, I didn't think it was necessary to keep posting.

The last one shows 3.5 but I think that was for SM032 and not the one that just aired.
                          Hmm, okay. Either way, not exactly an impressive rating. Well, the one that just aired will probably occur this Thursday or Friday, especially considering there probably won't be a new episode due to this week being the official premiere of the 20th Movie.
                          Old July 11th, 2017 (10:45 PM).
                          Dragon user

Nature: Lonely
                            Ratings will be higher if lillie got removed in my opinion.
                            I am a healthy and smart member of Poke Community. Has not been defeated in a pokemon battle by anyone of this forums or others. I am a Dragon user who taught my Dragons to combat all their weaknesses.
                            Old July 12th, 2017 (1:29 PM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
                              Ratings will be higher if lillie got removed in my opinion.
                              Lillie has nothing to do with the ratings. The ratings are down because Pokemon is not a big name anymore like it was in the past.
                              Old July 12th, 2017 (1:38 PM).

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Piii View Post
                                Lillie has nothing to do with the ratings. The ratings are down because Pokemon is not a big name anymore like it was in the past.
                                He is right in a way because all the Lillie's episodes got terrible ratings for now , even the 20th anniversary opening couldn't even save her episode (SM030 when the new opening was first used).
                                Not saying that Lillie is a bad character or that she should be removed though, it's one of the best character so far but the ratings about her episodes are a reality, Lillie's episodes are the lowest episodes with SM09 and SM026.
                                Old July 12th, 2017 (1:43 PM).
                                Dragon user

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Piii View Post
                                  Agree to disagree. I choose to believe ratings have been down since iris, serena and lillie came into the picture.

You don't have to agree but please don't argue with me.

Anyway, ratings could pick up if a great arc shows up.
                                  Old July 12th, 2017 (1:50 PM).

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by BanFairy View Post
                                    He is right in a way because all the Lillie's episodes got terrible ratings for now , even the 20th anniversary opening couldn't even save her episode (SM030 when the new opening was first used).
                                    Not saying that Lillie is a bad character or that she should be removed though, it's one of the best character so far but the ratings about her episodes are a reality, Lillie's episodes are the lowest episodes with SM09 and SM026.
                                    Quote:
                                    Agree to disagree. I choose to believe ratings have been down since iris, serena and lillie came into the picture.

Lillie episodes gotten low ratings that's a really big surprise. I doubt getting rid of Lillie will change the ratings.
                                    Old July 12th, 2017 (2:44 PM). Edited July 12th, 2017 by BanFairy.

Quote:

Hum... Iris Serena and Lillie came when it was literally the death of the anime industry on TV because of the popularity of Internet , Youtube , streaming and stuffs... Even popular TV shows don't have the ratings they had in the past because now people have Internet , replays , streaming to watch it whenever they want.
                                      It's unlogic to compare 1999-2002-2006 and 2013-2017 y'know, the show has been around for 20 years so it's perfectly normal that it lose popularity but it doesn't mean that it's because of the new Pokegirls , if for you that's the case it's ok but it doesn't mean it's a fact.

But I do agree that Lillie's episodes lack of ratings , probably because Japanese don't like anime Lillie as much as games Lillie.

SM008 = less than 3.3 when all the previous episodes got more than 3.7 , first time that S&M is not in the top 10 ranking then the interest drop really hard with a 2.7 for SM009

SM014 = 3.9 while all the previous episode got 4.0

SM027 = flop , not even in the top 10 and Gladion's first appearance didn't even help to bring the hype = 3.0

SM030 : 3.4 even the new nostalgia opening to promote the movie didn't help her, SM029 did 4.3.

I wonder what they'll do in the future with the next Lillie's episodes...
                                      Old July 12th, 2017 (3:14 PM).
                                      Dragon user

Quote:
                                        Hum... Iris Serena and Lillie came when it was literally the death of the anime industry on TV because of the popularity of Internet , Youtube , streaming and stuffs... Even popular TV shows don't have the ratings they had in the past because now people have Internet , replays , streaming to watch it whenever they want.
                                        It's unlogic to compare 1999-2002-2006 and 2013-2017 y'know, the show has been around for 20 years so it's perfectly normal that it lose popularity but it doesn't mean that it's because of the new Pokegirls , if for you that's the case it's ok but it doesn't mean it's a fact.

But I do agree that Lillie's episodes lack of ratings , probably because Japanese don't like anime Lillie as much as games Lillie.

SM008 = less than 3.3 when all the previous episodes got more than 3.7 , first time that S&M is not in the top 10 ranking then the interest drop really hard with a 2.7 for SM009

SM027 = flop , not even in the top 10 and Gladion's first appearance didn't even help to bring the hype = 3.0

SM030 : 3.4 even the new nostalgia opening to promote the movie didn't help her, SM029 did 4.3.

I never said it was fact. It is my opinion. But lets see if the ratings get back up.
                                        Old July 12th, 2017 (5:02 PM).
                                        weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline

Quote:

Actually, BanFairy, the internet doesn't really have much impact on ratings. I know because I can name quite a few examples where shows stayed having very high ratings in SPITE of the internet streaming services. For example, NCIS. That consistently got very high ratings. In fact, the ratings for NCIS's 14th season, its most recent season, managed to get ratings in the 15s, basically comparable to the Kanto season's episodes. NCIS: Los Angeles's 8th season, while not particularly good, still managed to do modestly regarding the season. And NCIS: New Orleans got pretty much the same ratings as NCIS: Los Angeles (and that was DESPITE airing late at night). Blue Bloods' seventh season got similarly high ratings. I'm not sure if I'd call Last Man Standing's ratings to be particularly good, but I do know that apparently, people when complaining about Last Man Standing's cancellation mentioned it got very good ratings. And all of that was DESPITE the internet streaming.

if anything, I'd suspect that Pokémon's current low ratings in Japan deals with extreme unpopularity with the anime franchise right now (the fact that the XY movies did horribly at the box office, with the last two even outranking Pokémon Heroes as the worst performing Pokémon movie ever certainly points to that bit, not to mention Japanese critics are giving a lot of negative reviews for Movie 20 from pre-screenings apparently, meaning it's more likely than not going to turn out similarly.). I can't personally speak for whether Lillie is part of the reason for its unpopularity or not, but she might be, alongside changing up the formula needlessly.
                                          Old July 12th, 2017 (11:27 PM).
                                          keeping spirits bright
                                          • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quirky
                                          Quote:
                                          if anything, I'd suspect that Pokémon's current low ratings in Japan deals with extreme unpopularity with the anime franchise right now (the fact that the XY movies did horribly at the box office, with the last two even outranking Pokémon Heroes as the worst performing Pokémon movie ever certainly points to that bit, not to mention Japanese critics are giving a lot of negative reviews for Movie 20 from pre-screenings apparently, meaning it's more likely than not going to turn out similarly.). I can't personally speak for whether Lillie is part of the reason for its unpopularity or not, but she might be, alongside changing up the formula needlessly.
                                          This would make sense, though I never knew that the Japanese audience preferred Lillie's games counterpart. Guess it may be the whole rewriting of her backstory that ruined her anime self for them.

There's also the fact that the formula change was done as an attempt to try and bring back kids who ditched Pokemon for Yo-Kai Watch, hence the notable similarities to Yo-Kai's anime, like the school setting and Rotom Dex being an expy of Whisper.

Considering the 20th movie's latest controversy and how it was written into its current state as a last-minute ditch to promote merchandise and show the beginning of Ash's journey for a new generation of the target audience who were born long after OS finished, I wouldn't be surprised if it failed at the box office. Personally, I feel Pokemon should give up with the movies.
                                          Old July 13th, 2017 (1:30 AM).
                                          weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post
                                            This would make sense, though I never knew that the Japanese audience preferred Lillie's games counterpart. Guess it may be the whole rewriting of her backstory that ruined her anime self for them.
                                            Probably wouldn't surprise me. I heard a lot of people prefer Serena's manga self over her anime self, for example (don't know about her game self). And yeah, removing what was a valid backstory to use for her is not cool, and probably is a pretty big contribution to the failing ratings. Isn't the only time they've arguably ruined characters, though: They actually made Mimikyu out to be downright genocidal against Pikachu, even though that was NEVER implied in the games (quite the opposite, actually, it poses as Pikachu specifically because it simply wants the kind of love Pikachu gets). Least, that's what I heard.

Quote:
                                            There's also the fact that the formula change was done as an attempt to try and bring back kids who ditched Pokemon for Yo-Kai Watch, hence the notable similarities to Yo-Kai's anime, like the school setting and Rotom Dex being an expy of Whisper.
                                            Maybe on paper it was meant to reflect Yo-Kai Watch, but in practice, it comes across as looking more like The Emperor's New School from the Disney Channel (you know, that animated TV series where Emperor Kuzco, in order to retain his position as Emperor, basically needed to go to the school he founded as a student and pass it, and Yzma, who obviously still has a grudge against him for his firing her in the prior film, tries to find any way to have Kuzco fail at school). But yeah, that most likely backfired on the writers, given the low ratings (it may be slightly higher than XY's ratings, but not by much). Besides, ignoring that Ash has been travelling through six, maybe eight regions [counting the Orange and DeColore Islands] for 20 years, not to mention competing in the Kanto, Orange, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos leagues plus the Battle Frontier during that time and thus shouldn't even NEED to go back to school by this point, wasn't it already established way back in Kanto that Ash doesn't even NEED school in the first place when he had his Pikachu beat that top student Giselle's Cubone? So why after all this time does he suddenly need to just go back to school to such an extent that CoroCoro indicated that his new goal is to "graduate like never before?"

Quote:
                                            Considering the 20th movie's latest controversy and how it was written into its current state as a last-minute ditch to promote merchandise and show the beginning of Ash's journey for a new generation of the target audience who were born long after OS finished, I wouldn't be surprised if it failed at the box office. Personally, I feel Pokemon should give up with the movies.
                                            Based on Japanese critics apparently thinking that Movie 20 is merely a "cash grab" flick (not to mention how Japanese fans managed to take to Twitter to vocally express outrage over replacing Misty and Brock. I only know of one other time the Japanese proceeded to swarm Twitter and express outrage over something the writers did, and that was with the aftermath of the infamous Ash and Alain battle during the Kalos League, so I definitely know that what the writers did there was a terrible decision if even the Japanese base was outraged over it. And I suspect that after some recent revelations of what the original M20 was going to be about [I'll give you a hint, it has an all-star cast], I suspect the outrage is going to be even worse than before.), I wouldn't be surprised if it manages to outright bomb in the box office (in fact, I suspect it will be a far bigger bomb than the Hoopa movie OR the Volcanion movie). And yeah, they might as well give up on the movies at this point, if not the anime, especially if it essentially makes the third strike regarding box office bombs. In fact, at this point, they may not even have a choice now but to quit. Even if it DOESN'T turn out to be a box office bomb, they don't really have much of a choice but to do so considering they decided to just distribute Marshadow, the only Gen VII Mythical Pokémon that's NOT named Magearna, with this film and make him a central character, when Ash-Hat Pikachu sufficed enough as a distribution Pokémon for the movie, which essentially means they don't have any material to work with for another Pokémon movie.
                                            Old July 17th, 2017 (2:09 PM). Edited July 17th, 2017 by Piii.

I'm not surprise why the ratings are down. The show has been on a decline since the AG/DP era. The XY series wasn't that good either and the Kalos League being handled poorly didn't help the ratings do any better.

SM ratings are a hit and miss as of right now.
                                              Old July 17th, 2017 (8:19 PM).

SM ratings are where it should be... If you look at the currently airing shows right now and you'll see just how top heavy the Japanese animation ratings are. Pokemon will never be able to crack the top five because of:

Sazae-chan, Shin-chan, Doreomon, Moruko-chan, and Oh yeah One Piece, DB super, Detective Conan... not to mention Pre-cure.

The show could probably hit the top 5 in the 90's when Pokemon Exploded in popularity, similar to how Yokai Watch did it a couple years ago. but both shows are where they're suppose to be. Sazae-chan, Shin-chan, Doreomon, Moruko-chan, Detective Conan are all super popular shows aimed at all audiences, Young to Old and all those in between watch and love the show to death (I'm biased towards Doreamon and Conan myself XD)

Shounen anime like One Piece and DB Super so popular in Japan that you can literally ask some random kid/Teen on the street about the latest Episode/Chapter.

That's what the Pokemon Anime is competing with... timeless shows, so engraved in the lives of audiences that they always go back to it time and time and again. Really Pokemon consistently cracking the top ten after all these years is impressive enough if you ask me.
                                                Don't be ashamed of what you love... even if other people find it embarrassing or pathetic embrace it... Love what you love, you'll be happier that way.
                                                Old July 18th, 2017 (1:52 AM).

Additionaly

Sazae-chan, Shin-chan, Doreamon, Moruko-chan are all old ass japanese cartoons... how old?

Sazea-chan the show that consistently tops the TV animated chart has been airing since 1969 it has 7500+ episodes...

Doreamon (Arguably my favorite japanese cartoon) 1972 with 1700+ episodes the series was revived in 2005 after fan reception and still airs to this day...

Shin-chan - 1992 980+ episodes

Chibi Maruko-chan? - 1986 - 1992 142 episodes and a 1995 - Present with 1041 episodes.

All of these shows have also been extremely popular manga/news paper comics... so they where ingrained in the minds of the japanese populates.

Now tell me... how are you going to compete with that? Even One Piece... ONE PIECE!!! can barely compete with those shows in terms of ratings...

All of the shows I also mentioned above all wen't on brief hiatuses on the turn of the century. So it was much easier for Pokemon to hit the top 5 when it was the "IT" thing in japan... Now tho all of the shows are back and Pokemon isn't the "IT" show anymore... that's Yokai watch which (as I've stated a thousand times before) slowly declining in popularity.

It's amazing that Pokemon of all things has aired for this long. Just like Mobile Suit Gundam... Yu-gi-oh... and Bayblade as long as somebody is buying the games/toys/merch... the show isn't going to die.
                                                  Don't be ashamed of what you love... even if other people find it embarrassing or pathetic embrace it... Love what you love, you'll be happier that way.

Quick Reply