The PokéCommunity Forums General Pokémon Discussions Pokémon Anime
Pokemon Sun and Moon Ratings

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #151    
Old May 27th, 2017 (7:09 AM).
CidHazard's Avatar
CidHazard CidHazard is offline
just a miserable pile of secrets
     
    Join Date: Sep 2016
    Location: From Parts Unknown
    Age: 23
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Careful
    Posts: 573
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by weedle_mchairybug View Post
    Okay, those were bad examples, I'll admit. But the MegaMan Star Force Anime most certainly was cancelled without an actual ending.
    That show was good too damn it... sigh... I feel Capcom killed off The star force series as a whole prematurely. The last game of the series which ties in with battle network wasn't even released outside of japan.
    __________________
    Don't be ashamed of what you love... even if other people find it embarrassing or pathetic embrace it... Love what you love, you'll be happier that way.
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #152    
    Old May 27th, 2017 (11:23 AM). Edited May 28th, 2017 by ash120430.
    ash120430's Avatar
    ash120430 ash120430 is offline
    AshFan
       
      Join Date: Jun 2016
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 5
      I just can't watch Pokemon SM any more. It is just like horror movie for me. It's a big nightmare. It is just like..... I have no word. It is terrible. It has totally become cartoon!!! OMG, They'll have to do something.
      Reply With Quote
        #153    
      Old May 31st, 2017 (1:29 AM). Edited May 31st, 2017 by Frozocrone.
      Frozocrone's Avatar
      Frozocrone Frozocrone is offline
      Fighting a bigger fight
         
        Join Date: May 2014
        Location: Derby, England
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 1,464
        SUPER CHARGED Z-MOVE POSE POKEBASE

        gets 4.0 as a rating

        Source

        I grew tired of waiting for ANN to post so went to videor.co.jp to fetch them. You'll want to look for: ポケットモンスターサン&ムーン while under list number 5 (that's the animation list). Ctrl + F might make things easier for you.

        It's pretty easy to find it if your Japanese isn't great, it shows the date of airing as year/month/day and also has relevant TV channel and timeslot (TV Tokyo, 18:55-30).
        __________________
        3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)



        Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545
        Reply With Quote
          #154    
        Old May 31st, 2017 (3:57 AM).
        CidHazard's Avatar
        CidHazard CidHazard is offline
        just a miserable pile of secrets
           
          Join Date: Sep 2016
          Location: From Parts Unknown
          Age: 23
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Careful
          Posts: 573
          Thanks for the source Frozocrone... ANN's been lazy at updating their list recently so having the actual source is appreciated.

          Now back to the topic at hand, Did something happen to the children of Japan during and After golden week? All shows from top 5-10 took a hit in that span of time... with shows like Thomas the tank engine taking top spots.

          My cousins visits us here in our country during the Golden Week so I couldn't really ask them why.
          __________________
          Don't be ashamed of what you love... even if other people find it embarrassing or pathetic embrace it... Love what you love, you'll be happier that way.
          Reply With Quote
            #155    
          Old June 15th, 2017 (11:02 AM). Edited June 16th, 2017 by Frozocrone.
          Frozocrone's Avatar
          Frozocrone Frozocrone is offline
          Fighting a bigger fight
             
            Join Date: May 2014
            Location: Derby, England
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 1,464
            I think the last episode got less than 3.0. My last link should auto update but if not I'll scour the internet for another source.

            EDIT: it looks like 3.7
            __________________
            3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)



            Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545
            Reply With Quote
              #156    
            Old June 21st, 2017 (4:36 AM).
            weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
               
              Join Date: Apr 2005
              Posts: 2,462
              So, what's the rating now?

              Also, think anyone can post the poll results for Ash's Pokémon, like you guys did with Ash's former companions?
              Reply With Quote
                #157    
              Old June 21st, 2017 (8:16 AM).
              BanFairy's Avatar
              BanFairy BanFairy is offline
                 
                Join Date: May 2017
                Posts: 30
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by weedle_mchairybug View Post
                So, what's the rating now?

                Also, think anyone can post the poll results for Ash's Pokémon, like you guys did with Ash's former companions?
                I don't know but the 1st Pokemon opening being replayed for the first time since 2002-2004 have probably helped the ratings of SM030 (nostalgia fanservice).

                Now for your question :

                https://animeanime.jp/article/2017/05/09/33795.html

                1. Charizard
                2. Pikachu
                3. Infernape
                4. Greninja
                5. Butterfree
                __________________
                Reply With Quote
                  #158    
                Old June 27th, 2017 (8:58 PM).
                sater10's Avatar
                sater10 sater10 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2015
                  Location: Indonesia
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Serious
                  Posts: 572
                  well, from the TV-Tokyo official site Pokemon Sun Moon is on 6th place while Yokai Watch is not even in the best 10. i think the most popular anime on TV-Tokyo right now is Idol Time PuriPara and Boruto.
                  __________________
                  FC : 0276-1719-8676
                  Currently hunting: Aether House (M), Exeggutor Island(US) + Breeding [X, Moon, US]
                  + x3
                  Obtained: Alola: 324/390, National: 501/797
                  Reply With Quote
                    #159    
                  Old July 11th, 2017 (10:03 AM).
                  weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2005
                    Posts: 2,462
                    So, what are the current ratings for Pokémon now?
                    Reply With Quote
                      #160    
                    Old July 11th, 2017 (10:48 AM).
                    Frozocrone's Avatar
                    Frozocrone Frozocrone is offline
                    Fighting a bigger fight
                       
                      Join Date: May 2014
                      Location: Derby, England
                      Age: 24
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 1,464
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by weedle_mchairybug View Post
                      So, what are the current ratings for Pokémon now?
                      My 2nd last post has a link that goes directly to the ratings that update weekly, ergo, I didn't think it was necessary to keep posting.

                      The last one shows 3.5 but I think that was for SM032 and not the one that just aired.
                      __________________
                      3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)



                      Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545
                      Reply With Quote
                        #161    
                      Old July 11th, 2017 (10:56 AM).
                      weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2005
                        Posts: 2,462
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
                        My 2nd last post has a link that goes directly to the ratings that update weekly, ergo, I didn't think it was necessary to keep posting.

                        The last one shows 3.5 but I think that was for SM032 and not the one that just aired.
                        Hmm, okay. Either way, not exactly an impressive rating. Well, the one that just aired will probably occur this Thursday or Friday, especially considering there probably won't be a new episode due to this week being the official premiere of the 20th Movie.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #162    
                        Old July 11th, 2017 (10:45 PM).
                        Alexander18 Alexander18 is offline
                        Banned
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2017
                          Location: NZ
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Lonely
                          Posts: 1,393
                          Ratings will be higher if lillie got removed in my opinion.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #163    
                          Old July 12th, 2017 (1:29 PM).
                          Piii's Avatar
                          Piii Piii is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2017
                            Posts: 201
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
                            Ratings will be higher if lillie got removed in my opinion.
                            Lillie has nothing to do with the ratings. The ratings are down because Pokemon is not a big name anymore like it was in the past.
                            Reply With Quote
                              #164    
                            Old July 12th, 2017 (1:38 PM).
                            BanFairy's Avatar
                            BanFairy BanFairy is offline
                               
                              Join Date: May 2017
                              Posts: 30
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Piii View Post
                              Lillie has nothing to do with the ratings. The ratings are down because Pokemon is not a big name anymore like it was in the past.
                              He is right in a way because all the Lillie's episodes got terrible ratings for now , even the 20th anniversary opening couldn't even save her episode (SM030 when the new opening was first used).
                              Not saying that Lillie is a bad character or that she should be removed though, it's one of the best character so far but the ratings about her episodes are a reality, Lillie's episodes are the lowest episodes with SM09 and SM026.
                              __________________
                              Reply With Quote
                                #165    
                              Old July 12th, 2017 (1:43 PM).
                              Alexander18 Alexander18 is offline
                              Banned
                                 
                                Join Date: Jun 2017
                                Location: NZ
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Lonely
                                Posts: 1,393
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Piii View Post
                                Lillie has nothing to do with the ratings. The ratings are down because Pokemon is not a big name anymore like it was in the past.
                                Agree to disagree. I choose to believe ratings have been down since iris, serena and lillie came into the picture.

                                You don't have to agree but please don't argue with me.

                                Anyway, ratings could pick up if a great arc shows up.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #166    
                                Old July 12th, 2017 (1:50 PM).
                                Piii's Avatar
                                Piii Piii is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2017
                                  Posts: 201
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by BanFairy View Post
                                  He is right in a way because all the Lillie's episodes got terrible ratings for now , even the 20th anniversary opening couldn't even save her episode (SM030 when the new opening was first used).
                                  Not saying that Lillie is a bad character or that she should be removed though, it's one of the best character so far but the ratings about her episodes are a reality, Lillie's episodes are the lowest episodes with SM09 and SM026.
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
                                  Agree to disagree. I choose to believe ratings have been down since iris, serena and lillie came into the picture.

                                  You don't have to agree but please don't argue with me.

                                  Anyway, ratings could pick up if a great arc shows up.
                                  Lillie episodes gotten low ratings that's a really big surprise. I doubt getting rid of Lillie will change the ratings.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #167    
                                  Old July 12th, 2017 (2:44 PM). Edited July 12th, 2017 by BanFairy.
                                  BanFairy's Avatar
                                  BanFairy BanFairy is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: May 2017
                                    Posts: 30
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
                                    Agree to disagree. I choose to believe ratings have been down since iris, serena and lillie came into the picture.

                                    You don't have to agree but please don't argue with me.

                                    Anyway, ratings could pick up if a great arc shows up.
                                    Hum... Iris Serena and Lillie came when it was literally the death of the anime industry on TV because of the popularity of Internet , Youtube , streaming and stuffs... Even popular TV shows don't have the ratings they had in the past because now people have Internet , replays , streaming to watch it whenever they want.
                                    It's unlogic to compare 1999-2002-2006 and 2013-2017 y'know, the show has been around for 20 years so it's perfectly normal that it lose popularity but it doesn't mean that it's because of the new Pokegirls , if for you that's the case it's ok but it doesn't mean it's a fact.

                                    But I do agree that Lillie's episodes lack of ratings , probably because Japanese don't like anime Lillie as much as games Lillie.

                                    SM008 = less than 3.3 when all the previous episodes got more than 3.7 , first time that S&M is not in the top 10 ranking then the interest drop really hard with a 2.7 for SM009

                                    SM014 = 3.9 while all the previous episode got 4.0

                                    SM027 = flop , not even in the top 10 and Gladion's first appearance didn't even help to bring the hype = 3.0

                                    SM030 : 3.4 even the new nostalgia opening to promote the movie didn't help her, SM029 did 4.3.

                                    I wonder what they'll do in the future with the next Lillie's episodes...
                                    __________________
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #168    
                                    Old July 12th, 2017 (3:14 PM).
                                    Alexander18 Alexander18 is offline
                                    Banned
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jun 2017
                                      Location: NZ
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Lonely
                                      Posts: 1,393
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by BanFairy View Post
                                      Hum... Iris Serena and Lillie came when it was literally the death of the anime industry on TV because of the popularity of Internet , Youtube , streaming and stuffs... Even popular TV shows don't have the ratings they had in the past because now people have Internet , replays , streaming to watch it whenever they want.
                                      It's unlogic to compare 1999-2002-2006 and 2013-2017 y'know, the show has been around for 20 years so it's perfectly normal that it lose popularity but it doesn't mean that it's because of the new Pokegirls , if for you that's the case it's ok but it doesn't mean it's a fact.

                                      But I do agree that Lillie's episodes lack of ratings , probably because Japanese don't like anime Lillie as much as games Lillie.

                                      SM008 = less than 3.3 when all the previous episodes got more than 3.7 , first time that S&M is not in the top 10 ranking then the interest drop really hard with a 2.7 for SM009

                                      SM014 = 3.9 while all the previous episode got 4.0

                                      SM027 = flop , not even in the top 10 and Gladion's first appearance didn't even help to bring the hype = 3.0

                                      SM030 : 3.4 even the new nostalgia opening to promote the movie didn't help her, SM029 did 4.3.

                                      I wonder what they'll do in the future with the next Lillie's episodes...
                                      I never said it was fact. It is my opinion. But lets see if the ratings get back up.
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #169    
                                      Old July 12th, 2017 (5:02 PM).
                                      weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Apr 2005
                                        Posts: 2,462
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by BanFairy View Post
                                        Hum... Iris Serena and Lillie came when it was literally the death of the anime industry on TV because of the popularity of Internet , Youtube , streaming and stuffs... Even popular TV shows don't have the ratings they had in the past because now people have Internet , replays , streaming to watch it whenever they want.
                                        It's unlogic to compare 1999-2002-2006 and 2013-2017 y'know, the show has been around for 20 years so it's perfectly normal that it lose popularity but it doesn't mean that it's because of the new Pokegirls , if for you that's the case it's ok but it doesn't mean it's a fact.

                                        But I do agree that Lillie's episodes lack of ratings , probably because Japanese don't like anime Lillie as much as games Lillie.

                                        SM008 = less than 3.3 when all the previous episodes got more than 3.7 , first time that S&M is not in the top 10 ranking then the interest drop really hard with a 2.7 for SM009

                                        SM014 = 3.9 while all the previous episode got 4.0

                                        SM027 = flop , not even in the top 10 and Gladion's first appearance didn't even help to bring the hype = 3.0

                                        SM030 : 3.4 even the new nostalgia opening to promote the movie didn't help her, SM029 did 4.3.

                                        I wonder what they'll do in the future with the next Lillie's episodes...
                                        Actually, BanFairy, the internet doesn't really have much impact on ratings. I know because I can name quite a few examples where shows stayed having very high ratings in SPITE of the internet streaming services. For example, NCIS. That consistently got very high ratings. In fact, the ratings for NCIS's 14th season, its most recent season, managed to get ratings in the 15s, basically comparable to the Kanto season's episodes. NCIS: Los Angeles's 8th season, while not particularly good, still managed to do modestly regarding the season. And NCIS: New Orleans got pretty much the same ratings as NCIS: Los Angeles (and that was DESPITE airing late at night). Blue Bloods' seventh season got similarly high ratings. I'm not sure if I'd call Last Man Standing's ratings to be particularly good, but I do know that apparently, people when complaining about Last Man Standing's cancellation mentioned it got very good ratings. And all of that was DESPITE the internet streaming.

                                        if anything, I'd suspect that Pokémon's current low ratings in Japan deals with extreme unpopularity with the anime franchise right now (the fact that the XY movies did horribly at the box office, with the last two even outranking Pokémon Heroes as the worst performing Pokémon movie ever certainly points to that bit, not to mention Japanese critics are giving a lot of negative reviews for Movie 20 from pre-screenings apparently, meaning it's more likely than not going to turn out similarly.). I can't personally speak for whether Lillie is part of the reason for its unpopularity or not, but she might be, alongside changing up the formula needlessly.
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #170    
                                        Old July 12th, 2017 (11:27 PM).
                                        Hikamaru's Avatar
                                        Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
                                        HI VIZ
                                         
                                        Join Date: Mar 2011
                                        Location: Australia
                                        Age: 25
                                        Gender: Female
                                        Nature: Quirky
                                        Posts: 50,085
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by weedle_mchairybug View Post
                                        if anything, I'd suspect that Pokémon's current low ratings in Japan deals with extreme unpopularity with the anime franchise right now (the fact that the XY movies did horribly at the box office, with the last two even outranking Pokémon Heroes as the worst performing Pokémon movie ever certainly points to that bit, not to mention Japanese critics are giving a lot of negative reviews for Movie 20 from pre-screenings apparently, meaning it's more likely than not going to turn out similarly.). I can't personally speak for whether Lillie is part of the reason for its unpopularity or not, but she might be, alongside changing up the formula needlessly.
                                        This would make sense, though I never knew that the Japanese audience preferred Lillie's games counterpart. Guess it may be the whole rewriting of her backstory that ruined her anime self for them.

                                        There's also the fact that the formula change was done as an attempt to try and bring back kids who ditched Pokemon for Yo-Kai Watch, hence the notable similarities to Yo-Kai's anime, like the school setting and Rotom Dex being an expy of Whisper.

                                        Considering the 20th movie's latest controversy and how it was written into its current state as a last-minute ditch to promote merchandise and show the beginning of Ash's journey for a new generation of the target audience who were born long after OS finished, I wouldn't be surprised if it failed at the box office. Personally, I feel Pokemon should give up with the movies.
                                        __________________
                                        starry windy | tumblr | poketrivia | supporter | friendcode
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #171    
                                        Old July 13th, 2017 (1:30 AM).
                                        weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Apr 2005
                                          Posts: 2,462
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post
                                          This would make sense, though I never knew that the Japanese audience preferred Lillie's games counterpart. Guess it may be the whole rewriting of her backstory that ruined her anime self for them.
                                          Probably wouldn't surprise me. I heard a lot of people prefer Serena's manga self over her anime self, for example (don't know about her game self). And yeah, removing what was a valid backstory to use for her is not cool, and probably is a pretty big contribution to the failing ratings. Isn't the only time they've arguably ruined characters, though: They actually made Mimikyu out to be downright genocidal against Pikachu, even though that was NEVER implied in the games (quite the opposite, actually, it poses as Pikachu specifically because it simply wants the kind of love Pikachu gets). Least, that's what I heard.

                                          Quote:
                                          There's also the fact that the formula change was done as an attempt to try and bring back kids who ditched Pokemon for Yo-Kai Watch, hence the notable similarities to Yo-Kai's anime, like the school setting and Rotom Dex being an expy of Whisper.
                                          Maybe on paper it was meant to reflect Yo-Kai Watch, but in practice, it comes across as looking more like The Emperor's New School from the Disney Channel (you know, that animated TV series where Emperor Kuzco, in order to retain his position as Emperor, basically needed to go to the school he founded as a student and pass it, and Yzma, who obviously still has a grudge against him for his firing her in the prior film, tries to find any way to have Kuzco fail at school). But yeah, that most likely backfired on the writers, given the low ratings (it may be slightly higher than XY's ratings, but not by much). Besides, ignoring that Ash has been travelling through six, maybe eight regions [counting the Orange and DeColore Islands] for 20 years, not to mention competing in the Kanto, Orange, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos leagues plus the Battle Frontier during that time and thus shouldn't even NEED to go back to school by this point, wasn't it already established way back in Kanto that Ash doesn't even NEED school in the first place when he had his Pikachu beat that top student Giselle's Cubone? So why after all this time does he suddenly need to just go back to school to such an extent that CoroCoro indicated that his new goal is to "graduate like never before?"

                                          Quote:
                                          Considering the 20th movie's latest controversy and how it was written into its current state as a last-minute ditch to promote merchandise and show the beginning of Ash's journey for a new generation of the target audience who were born long after OS finished, I wouldn't be surprised if it failed at the box office. Personally, I feel Pokemon should give up with the movies.
                                          Based on Japanese critics apparently thinking that Movie 20 is merely a "cash grab" flick (not to mention how Japanese fans managed to take to Twitter to vocally express outrage over replacing Misty and Brock. I only know of one other time the Japanese proceeded to swarm Twitter and express outrage over something the writers did, and that was with the aftermath of the infamous Ash and Alain battle during the Kalos League, so I definitely know that what the writers did there was a terrible decision if even the Japanese base was outraged over it. And I suspect that after some recent revelations of what the original M20 was going to be about [I'll give you a hint, it has an all-star cast], I suspect the outrage is going to be even worse than before.), I wouldn't be surprised if it manages to outright bomb in the box office (in fact, I suspect it will be a far bigger bomb than the Hoopa movie OR the Volcanion movie). And yeah, they might as well give up on the movies at this point, if not the anime, especially if it essentially makes the third strike regarding box office bombs. In fact, at this point, they may not even have a choice now but to quit. Even if it DOESN'T turn out to be a box office bomb, they don't really have much of a choice but to do so considering they decided to just distribute Marshadow, the only Gen VII Mythical Pokémon that's NOT named Magearna, with this film and make him a central character, when Ash-Hat Pikachu sufficed enough as a distribution Pokémon for the movie, which essentially means they don't have any material to work with for another Pokémon movie.
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #172    
                                          Old July 17th, 2017 (2:09 PM). Edited July 17th, 2017 by Piii.
                                          Piii's Avatar
                                          Piii Piii is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jun 2017
                                            Posts: 201
                                            I'm not surprise why the ratings are down. The show has been on a decline since the AG/DP era. The XY series wasn't that good either and the Kalos League being handled poorly didn't help the ratings do any better.

                                            SM ratings are a hit and miss as of right now.
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #173    
                                            Old July 17th, 2017 (8:19 PM).
                                            CidHazard's Avatar
                                            CidHazard CidHazard is offline
                                            just a miserable pile of secrets
                                               
                                              Join Date: Sep 2016
                                              Location: From Parts Unknown
                                              Age: 23
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Careful
                                              Posts: 573
                                              SM ratings are where it should be... If you look at the currently airing shows right now and you'll see just how top heavy the Japanese animation ratings are. Pokemon will never be able to crack the top five because of:

                                              Sazae-chan, Shin-chan, Doreomon, Moruko-chan, and Oh yeah One Piece, DB super, Detective Conan... not to mention Pre-cure.

                                              The show could probably hit the top 5 in the 90's when Pokemon Exploded in popularity, similar to how Yokai Watch did it a couple years ago. but both shows are where they're suppose to be. Sazae-chan, Shin-chan, Doreomon, Moruko-chan, Detective Conan are all super popular shows aimed at all audiences, Young to Old and all those in between watch and love the show to death (I'm biased towards Doreamon and Conan myself XD)

                                              Shounen anime like One Piece and DB Super so popular in Japan that you can literally ask some random kid/Teen on the street about the latest Episode/Chapter.

                                              That's what the Pokemon Anime is competing with... timeless shows, so engraved in the lives of audiences that they always go back to it time and time and again. Really Pokemon consistently cracking the top ten after all these years is impressive enough if you ask me.
                                              __________________
                                              Don't be ashamed of what you love... even if other people find it embarrassing or pathetic embrace it... Love what you love, you'll be happier that way.
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #174    
                                              Old July 18th, 2017 (1:52 AM).
                                              CidHazard's Avatar
                                              CidHazard CidHazard is offline
                                              just a miserable pile of secrets
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Sep 2016
                                                Location: From Parts Unknown
                                                Age: 23
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Careful
                                                Posts: 573
                                                Additionaly

                                                Sazae-chan, Shin-chan, Doreamon, Moruko-chan are all old ass japanese cartoons... how old?

                                                Sazea-chan the show that consistently tops the TV animated chart has been airing since 1969 it has 7500+ episodes...

                                                Doreamon (Arguably my favorite japanese cartoon) 1972 with 1700+ episodes the series was revived in 2005 after fan reception and still airs to this day...

                                                Shin-chan - 1992 980+ episodes

                                                Chibi Maruko-chan? - 1986 - 1992 142 episodes and a 1995 - Present with 1041 episodes.

                                                All of these shows have also been extremely popular manga/news paper comics... so they where ingrained in the minds of the japanese populates.

                                                Now tell me... how are you going to compete with that? Even One Piece... ONE PIECE!!! can barely compete with those shows in terms of ratings...

                                                All of the shows I also mentioned above all wen't on brief hiatuses on the turn of the century. So it was much easier for Pokemon to hit the top 5 when it was the "IT" thing in japan... Now tho all of the shows are back and Pokemon isn't the "IT" show anymore... that's Yokai watch which (as I've stated a thousand times before) slowly declining in popularity.

                                                It's amazing that Pokemon of all things has aired for this long. Just like Mobile Suit Gundam... Yu-gi-oh... and Bayblade as long as somebody is buying the games/toys/merch... the show isn't going to die.
                                                __________________
                                                Don't be ashamed of what you love... even if other people find it embarrassing or pathetic embrace it... Love what you love, you'll be happier that way.
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #175    
                                                Old July 18th, 2017 (3:23 AM).
                                                weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Apr 2005
                                                  Posts: 2,462
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by CidHazard View Post
                                                  SM ratings are where it should be... If you look at the currently airing shows right now and you'll see just how top heavy the Japanese animation ratings are. Pokemon will never be able to crack the top five because of:

                                                  Sazae-chan, Shin-chan, Doreomon, Moruko-chan, and Oh yeah One Piece, DB super, Detective Conan... not to mention Pre-cure.

                                                  The show could probably hit the top 5 in the 90's when Pokemon Exploded in popularity, similar to how Yokai Watch did it a couple years ago. but both shows are where they're suppose to be. Sazae-chan, Shin-chan, Doreomon, Moruko-chan, Detective Conan are all super popular shows aimed at all audiences, Young to Old and all those in between watch and love the show to death (I'm biased towards Doreamon and Conan myself XD)

                                                  Shounen anime like One Piece and DB Super so popular in Japan that you can literally ask some random kid/Teen on the street about the latest Episode/Chapter.

                                                  That's what the Pokemon Anime is competing with... timeless shows, so engraved in the lives of audiences that they always go back to it time and time and again. Really Pokemon consistently cracking the top ten after all these years is impressive enough if you ask me.
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Additionaly

                                                  Sazae-chan, Shin-chan, Doreamon, Moruko-chan are all old ass japanese cartoons... how old?

                                                  Sazea-chan the show that consistently tops the TV animated chart has been airing since 1969 it has 7500+ episodes...

                                                  Doreamon (Arguably my favorite japanese cartoon) 1972 with 1700+ episodes the series was revived in 2005 after fan reception and still airs to this day...

                                                  Shin-chan - 1992 980+ episodes

                                                  Chibi Maruko-chan? - 1986 - 1992 142 episodes and a 1995 - Present with 1041 episodes.

                                                  All of these shows have also been extremely popular manga/news paper comics... so they where ingrained in the minds of the japanese populates.

                                                  Now tell me... how are you going to compete with that? Even One Piece... ONE PIECE!!! can barely compete with those shows in terms of ratings...

                                                  All of the shows I also mentioned above all wen't on brief hiatuses on the turn of the century. So it was much easier for Pokemon to hit the top 5 when it was the "IT" thing in japan... Now tho all of the shows are back and Pokemon isn't the "IT" show anymore... that's Yokai watch which (as I've stated a thousand times before) slowly declining in popularity.

                                                  It's amazing that Pokemon of all things has aired for this long. Just like Mobile Suit Gundam... Yu-gi-oh... and Bayblade as long as somebody is buying the games/toys/merch... the show isn't going to die.
                                                  You know, Pokémon, especially the original series, was very well known among Japan and actually timeless (heck, even kids who most likely weren't even OLD enough to have watched the original series as it aired at the very least have at the very least heard of Misty and Brock, and a lot of them actually want those two, and Serena for that matter, to make a return. That sounds a whole lot like its timeless.), so I don't buy that claim at all. And considering Pokémon right now is essentially a Western executive-run show right now in all but name (the writers have little say at this point, and all the decisions are essentially made by executives, just like in the West as you claimed earlier), if the anime is going low on ratings and, by this point, box office numbers (the Hoopa and Volcanion movies were worse box office bombs than even Pokémon Heroes back in 2002 [in fact, the Hoopa movie did so poorly that the guys who generally publish box office receipts for any newly airing movies didn't even BOTHER to post the revenue until well after its airing, it did THAT badly, and the Volcanion movie apparently did even worse than that.], and based on some of the negative feedback I've heard of on Twitter and even shortly before the film's release, the recent movie's definitely going to be a box office bomb.), it's pretty obvious that the plug needs to be pulled, top 10 or not (and at this rate, Pokémon's barely even making the top 10 anyways, many times actually dropping from even that). Here, even if it had marketing potential, if an executive sees low ratings, they pull it off the air, even if it IS selling toys. And for the record, the whole reason the films are made since Jirachi Wishmaker is as an excuse to distribute mythical Pokémon, so if they do poorly there, they failed at their objective of marketing.

                                                  Either way, as it is Pokémon is not doing too hot at all, and quite frankly should have been cancelled. I know if I were a Japanese executive and I saw the bad ratings, I wouldn't even CARE if it's selling merchandise, I'd STILL cancel it precisely BECAUSE it's getting bad ratings.
                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                  Reply

                                                  Quick Reply

                                                  Join the conversation!

                                                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                  Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                  Sponsored Links
                                                  Thread Tools

                                                  Posting Rules
                                                  You may not post new threads
                                                  You may not post replies
                                                  You may not post attachments
                                                  You may not edit your posts

                                                  BB code is On
                                                  Smilies are On
                                                  [IMG] code is On
                                                  HTML code is Off

                                                  Forum Jump


                                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:57 PM.