• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2017
Hello everyone, I am working on a hack of Pokemon Gold/Silver which seeks to maintain the story as it is, but replace most of the Gen 1/2 Pokemon with ones from the future generations. The idea is based on the following premises:

1) Choosing Pokemon which, given their characteristics, would work especially well under GSC rules. Ex: with a skyhigh Special Attack and STAB Crabhammer, Clawitzer could work very well in the somewhat bulkier environment of Gen 2. On the contrary, something like Bearctic would be a no due to lack of STAB on its best stat (Atk).

2) Choosing Pokemon based on the needs of Gen 2's major trainers. For ex, there are several Poison-, Psychic-, and Dragon-type trainers, so I filled the dex with many such mons. Conversely, Ice and Bug are not as hotly required, so they get a few less. Still, I made sure that (not counting legends) each type gets at least 7 FE Pokemon.

Unfortunately, however, I'm not an artist myself, and most Gen 2 devamp projects (such as one recently on this very site, and one on Smogon a few years ago) tend to die out very soon due to lack of manpower and/or interest. Also, often the sprited Pokemon are not ones I'd include in my dex according to the aforementioned reasons.

So, I was hoping I could come here every so often to ask if somebody wants to help me with a certain evolution line^^ As far as the technical details go, here are the details for workable Gen 2 sprites, in case you were wondering:

1) Sprite size should be 40X40, 48X48, or 56X56 for the front, depending on the Pokemon. The smaller Pokemon tend to get 40X40, while 56X56 is generally reserved for fully-evolved Pokemon. For example, Chikorita is 40X40, Bayleef is 48X48, Meganium is 56X56. I will suggest a size for each sprite I request, according to these guidelines. Back sprites are always 48X48.
2) Colors should always be four: Black, White, plus two more. You can use existing GSC sprites for a comparison.
3) While the optimal choice would be to make sprites from scratch, for them to fill the different artistic style of Gen 2, actual devamps of existing sprites work too if they're done passably well^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So, to start with, I'd like to request sprites for Rowlet (40X40), Dartrix (48X48), and Decidueye (56X56), my Grass starter of choice for this game. I ofc am not asking one person to do them all (unless they feel so, of course), but if you pick one of the three, please do front and back sprites + shiny versions, otherwise I cannot use them in the game. Thank you for your attention :-)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 3, 2019
Wasn't sure which naga you were talking about. I assumed it wasn't the Royal Guard and it was the Sea Witch so I made this for you.

Frame 1
sK0x3cY.png

Frame 2
o9cRvIT.png

In Motion
kNLL7Cm.gif

I used one of the sprites as a reference, so the sizing shouldn't be an issue otherwise you can feel free to edit yourself or ask me to edit it for you. And if it is the Royal Guard I can whip that up for you real quick

I would also like a Trainer sprite for out of battle so that I can add a comicon area in my game. Also thanks man it looks great though I actually did want a Royal Guard instead but this ones good too.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 3, 2020
Hello everyone,
I'm working on a game right now, and I wanted to ask if anyone would be willing to make a few fakemon sprites for me.
I need the sprites for only nine fakemon-fire,water and grass types[all evolutions included, which means only three initial pokemon]. (Backsprites, Shinysprites, icons and IF possible then overworlds included)
I don't need too much detail, but not too less either. The sprites should be in a dimension of '160 x 160' or'192 x '192'
If you think my requests are too demanding, then please tell me and I will see to it!
Thank you in advance,
DragonFly05

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 3, 2019
I've been looking for a good remake of the Dunsparaph from Pokemon Uranium but in Gen 2 style from gameboy color.

Zura

yuh
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2018
Hey,
I have a rom hack in the works called Pokemon Amity, and I'm having trouble making good sprites of my fakemon. If anyone would like to help, I could use front and back sprites in 64x64 pixel dimensions each. If you can't do both or they're too demanding feel free to do what you want. I'll leave a link of my deviantART with a gallery of pictures of my fakemon to go off of.

https://zuramari.deviantart.com/

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 23, 2023
Could someone design a sprite for me?

Hey Pokemon fans! I'm a newcomer who's working on a fanfiction about an Original Character having a Pokemon Journey and later on, falling in love with Cynthia. if any of you are interested, please let me know. I'm curious to see what they would look like in sprite form.

The attachments are the two characters and a pose template that you could use based on the couple from Gen 4.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• 1510853473105-1.png
    1510853473105-1.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Spr_DP_Cynthia.png
    Spr_DP_Cynthia.png
    898 bytes · Views: 107
  • 7d669e06a32d71dd7e1be3f75c16668d600d83c5_hq.jpg
    7d669e06a32d71dd7e1be3f75c16668d600d83c5_hq.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Years
Hi, I'm looking for just something for the heck of it.

Specifically, a Delphox teaching a class in the woods (or location of your choice--go while if you want!) with the student body made up of Braizen, so as to learn how to use their eventual psychic powers when they evolve.

Variants of this are fine, this is just for fun.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
Hello. This is gonna sound a bit weird, but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to make me fan art of Jacksepticeye? Specifically, Jack in a dress and wearing nail polish. Preferably with his new dyed back to brown hair, or if you want to do his old green hair or even the ocean blue hair he had for a while, that works too. Don't worry, Jack is okay with this sort of art, he's reblogged this kind of art on his tumblr.

Again, a weird request, so I understand if no one is willing to do it.

Last edited:

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
Years
Looking for someone to make a couple trainer sprites for me! The descriptions for the sprites are below, but if you need any clarification, please feel free to message me!

Sprite 1:
Blonde hair that falls to her shoulders is one of the first things you'll notice about Ashleigh. Her eyes are a deep emerald green, and they have an almond shape to them. She stands at about five feet, three inches tall, and she weighs about one hundred and twenty-five pounds. She has an average build, and there's a little muscle to her. Her skin takes on a lightly tanned appearance in the summer months, but in the winter months, she's a little pale. In terms of what she wears, her wardrobe is a bit on the tomboy-ish side, so it mainly consists of t-shirts, jeans, and sneakers. There's some dresses and other nicer clothes in her closet as well, but you won't see Ashleigh wearing them very often.

Sprite 2:
Aleria has strawberry blonde hair that's more on the red side than the blonde side. Her olive skin fits perfectly with her hair. Bright hazel eyes allow Al to see the world around her. Al's outfits change from day to day based on her mood; one day, she'll be a punk rocker girl, and the next, she'll be that cute pretty girl.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey! I don't have a request to share - but I just want to wake up this thread and put it out there that I am willing to take on digital / traditional / sprite work for people!

I could use the practice and motivation so as long as the requests are relatively simple, I can help you! :)

Pikawott

Pikawott
Years
Hi, I'm currently looking for someone to make some Trainer Art based off of this pixel art made by peachgreentea a while back. I'll also include the original pixel art is was based off of and a photoshop version if needed.Pikawott Trainer (by peachgreentea).png

EDIT: Can they also have glasses?

Attachments

• Pikawott 2.0.png
    Pikawott 2.0.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 3, 2019
Sorry I've been asking for a lot lately (and havent gotten anything besides one thing) but now forget my past requests I would just like some1 to either help me get a gen 2 style plague doctor sprite overworld and in battle by making one or by at least finding a good refrence image.

Verseity

Mykea
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 20, 2018
Can someone draw my Ash/Misty fan-child OC?

He's currently 18.

His name is Sean, His hair & eyes are Misty's color, he wears teal-rimmed glasses and a Cascade badge around his neck. His outfit is in Misty's original colors & his beanie is in Ash's original Kanto hat with Ash's insignia on it.

He wears a white, red, & teal-colored coat with a fusion of Ash's original Kanto Insignia and Misty's Cascade badge symbol. (His coat is similar to Naruto's Hokage cloak, if anyone is curious or needs a reference but different colors)

He's 5'8" - 6'2"

He weighs 128 lbs

Sean is a stubborn person with a fiery temper. He doesn't like to lose and will do anything to make sure he and his teammates get to the top. He's very competitive yet very smart. He's a strategic battler and plans out his moves before going on a head. Sean cares deeply about his Pokemon and considers them his family.

Sean is very prideful, and has a hard time dealing with emotions, though after his first League loss he learns that he's not always the winner even if he plans ahead. (Mostly it was his loss and not his Pokemon's due to him getting caught up in the heat of the battle and making poor decisions in the end.) He becomes more mature and deals with losing a lot better, and treats his pokemon with care a lot more when he moves onto Johto.

As he matures and grows older, he still retains the cocky and snarky personality he had as a toddler, and his temper, but is calmed into a wiser and more mature young man. Sean recollects his values during his Sinnoh trials and realizes the importance of his quest and goals as a Pokemon trainer, and what he truly wants. While he's still tenacious and sly, Sean is slightly caring and concerned of other people (though rarely shows it, only to his pokemon who he trusts without question).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back