• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gender Identity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Hobbies =/= gender. Sex =/= gender. I never said hobbies = gender, I was just explaining the genderless thing to Rika.
Yes, but her post was largely about what her hobbies mean in relation to her gender, which is why I was confused - if you were only addressing the second half of her post then I can understand what you were getting at.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
So it's more like... Declaring a preferred gender is a way to request what personality label you want others to put on you instead of letting them assume it based on what you look like or what your interests are?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 31, 2018
gr8 b8 m8
Dismissing a call out as trolling is a pathetic cop out. The fact that you had to make an unprovoked defensive quip about your the relation between your gender and that of others says a lot about where you stand on the matter. So again thank you for displaying your transphobia. Now please leave this community.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
gr8 b8 m8

Dismissing a call out as trolling is a pathetic cop out. The fact that you had to make an unprovoked defensive quip about your the relation between your gender and that of others says a lot about where you stand on the matter. So again thank you for displaying your transphobia. Now please leave this community.
While Gabri's words do come across as a big insensitive in his first post, they might as well also be a joke. However, this thread specifically has a "Serious" tag, so let's keep striving for sincere understanding, please.

Also no need for either of you to respond to this post to defend yourselves, just drop it and get on with your days.

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
Cis male here. I questioned my identity at a few points, but I came to the conclusion that I'm a cis male with feminine traits.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
I never questioned whether I was a girl or not, but I was never really feminine either. Even today, when my group of girl friends sit around and talk about their fancy diets and make up shopping, I tell them I spent my whole weekend playing video games and watching science fiction. Luckily they still love me for who I am lmao. I want to live in a world like that, where it's ok for me to be whatever I want, feminine or masculine or whatever, and still be called a girl.

If I think about it... maybe this means that I don't really care about "gender"? Am I uh, genderless? Gender: none, Sex: female. Honest question, is this what genderless can mean? Or can I be female gender despite not being very feminine, simply because I happen to use female pronouns?

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) it's not the issue of gender identity, but rather gender expression.

Gender identity refers to what gender you are internally, while gender expression refers to what gender role you're expressing. Gender stereotypes, interests, and stuff fit under this.

It's perfectly normal to be a cis heterosexual female and have a masculine gender expression, and same goes vice versa.

Years
Cis male. I never really felt like I needed to question it growing up as I was largely told it was okay to be into whatever (as long as it wasn't drugs, cigarettes, or alcohol as a minor) and I had always taken some of my more feminine interests as just extensions of my male identity that made it different from someone else's male or female identity.

A big part of that was never feeling like I was in the wrong body or anything, though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Male. I never got the whole "cis" deal.
the "cis deal" basically means that if you were born with a dick and feel masculine, you're cis male. Cis = same as the traditional norm, trans = different.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'm much more male than female, and wouldn't mind being physically male altogether if HRT weren't so expensive. Though, I'm also settling with being a lesbian who's just more of a male role, and some days I'm okay with wearing more feminine clothing, or acting more feminine. I've used agender off and on for years, and that's still where I'm at, since how I like presenting can change depending on the day, haha.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'm a cis male who still struggles to understand the concept of gender outside of sex. For me, it's easy to think "just because you feel xyz doesn't mean you can't be your sex-gender", but I guess that's my privilege.

Even though I can't understand what you're feeling, I'll still strive to support you for being who you want to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back