• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SoulSilver hack: Pokémon MindCrystal

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 5, 2018
salut je voudrais savoir si il y as moyens d avoir un champignon technicien sur ton jeux car j essae d en avoir un mais j ai peur de faire une betise

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
Hey I was wondering, how did you make the odd egg? I'd really love to be able to make multiple-pokemon eggs for my own runs with edited roms :3

Also sorry if this is really annoying but wondering why did you make Gardevoir female only? I know it looks like its wearing a dress but Gardevoir and Gallade shouldn't be gendered in the first place. Pokemon shouldn't evolve based on gender in the first place, all available evolutions should be regardless of gender >.> looks at male Salandit and Combee
Sorry if that sounds disrespectful to ask, I just don't like the feminine= should be female only view a lot of Pokemon fans seem to have.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2022
Hello everyone, i'm french and not very good at english, i'll do my best to explain my problem and maybe you'll give me a solution ! :D
So, i'm in the team rocket place in Mahogany Town, Murkrow just open me the room and 2 team rocket trainer battle me, Peter come to rescue me, and when the battle start the game freeze, and if i try something the emulator ( i use desmume ) just stop working. I dont know what to do....
I'm playing on the version 3.0, i used xdelta to patch it and i use desmume as an emulator. Someone have a solution for me ? Have a nice day !

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 20, 2018
Hi everyone this romhack has been awsome but i am wondering if any of you know the locations of arceus and pixie plate or if unobtainable by normal means do you know working codes for arceus and pixie plate for this rom hack?i really want to try out arceus fairy type thank you very much if you can answer ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
inventory full ( v3.01 )

Attachments

• BUG1.PNG
    BUG1.PNG
    39.1 KB · Views: 30
  • BUG2.PNG
    BUG2.PNG
    32.3 KB · Views: 28
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
inventory full ( v3.01 )
I know what it is.

If you already have the TM54 in your bag, then it's normal, since it's part of the re-usable TMs feature.
I take it you're in the Dark Cave, right? If that's the case then it's just that I didn't update the item yet.
I do have a list of TMs that appear multiple times, those were relocated accordingly but somehow TM54 escaped my notice.
I updated the OP, it should replace the TM54 in Dark Cave with a Rare Candy.

AetherBoyMicha

Aether Employee
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Wow this is a really cool hack :3 By the way how did you program your odd egg? I thought because the odd egg thing (multiple pokemon from one egg) wasn't used since Crystal that it was a one time possiblity but this proves it's possible in Gen IV :) I'd love to know how you made that, I couldn't find any egg editors or anything on the internet.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 1, 2018
Wow. This seems like an AWESOME hack. I'm tempted to learn French just to play it XD Is an English translation in your plans, by any chance?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 20, 2018
Meromero i am wondering how i can find fairy pixie plaque type plate for arceus?alternatively called plaque plate if thats right?thank you if can answer ^^

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
So hyped to play this! By the way I found a 3.0.1/3.0.2 English version rom, just a heads up for everyone!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2019
Is this rom complete to the end?

And the encounters and trainer are not done yet?

The game currently just employs a bunch of gameplay mechanics changes; the storyline itself is pretty much unchanged. So you can play through till the end.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2019
@MeroMero do you intend to add in Pokemon from future generations? The sprite work from the creator of the pokemon Moon Black hack is INSANE. They have made sprites for mega evolutions which look amazing

McPaul

On my way to become a controversial and hated memb
Years
While I'm thankful of your praise, it's only impressive from mechanics' standpoint.
The storyline is still something that I need to work on.

First open your ROM in CrystalTile2 and click Ctrl+N to open the file browser, from there:
_Locate arm9.bin;
_right-click and click on Extract;
_Search in the extracted arm9 for "FE 01 00 00";
_The search should return 3 results, change them all into "FA 05 00 00";
_Save and import arm9 back by right clicking on the file browser and selecting Compression;

Once this is done, this quick hack will lift the EV limit from 510 to 1530.
For the sake of consistency, you should redo all the previous steps but with overlay9_0080.bin instead; this is for the Battle Frontier, and there will be 2 instances of "FE 01 00 00" instead of 3 to replace.

Hello! Do you know by chance how to do this on Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and Ruby/Sapphire (French version)?
Thanks mate.

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
While I'm thankful of your praise, it's only impressive from mechanics' standpoint.
The storyline is still something that I need to work on.

First open your ROM in CrystalTile2 and click Ctrl+N to open the file browser, from there:
_Locate arm9.bin;
_right-click and click on Extract;
_Search in the extracted arm9 for "FE 01 00 00";
_The search should return 3 results, change them all into "FA 05 00 00";
_Save and import arm9 back by right clicking on the file browser and selecting Compression;

Once this is done, this quick hack will lift the EV limit from 510 to 1530.
For the sake of consistency, you should redo all the previous steps but with overlay9_0080.bin instead; this is for the Battle Frontier, and there will be 2 instances of "FE 01 00 00" instead of 3 to replace.

Hello! Do you know by chance how to do this on Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and Ruby/Sapphire (French version)?
Thanks mate.
Hi.

For DPPt:
Well it should be the exact same process than HGSS but I'm speculating here.

For RSE I don't know how though since Gen III is not my forte really.

@MeroMero do you intend to add in Pokemon from future generations? The sprite work from the creator of the pokemon Moon Black hack is INSANE. They have made sprites for mega evolutions which look amazing
Only up to Gen V.
However know that there is something else in store too: new moves are going to be added to MindCrystal, along with new animations! (At the time of making this post, there are 106 new moves.)
With this, movepools are now improved even further!
Some moves included are:
_Quiver Dance;
_Coil;
_Icicle Crash;
_First Impression;
_Origin Pulse;
_Precipice Blades;
_Dragon Ascent;
_Play Rough;
_Fairy Wind;
_Moonblast;
_Heavy Slam;
_Electro Ball;
_Stored Power;
_Power Trip;
_Volt Switch;
_Hurricane;
etc.

Also newly introduced moves keep their original index number; for example Quiver Dance is still identified as move number 483, or First Impression who is number 660.

Last edited:

McPaul

On my way to become a controversial and hated memb
Years
Hi.

For DPPt:
Well it should be the exact same process than HGSS but I'm speculating here.

For RSE I don't know how though since Gen III is not my forte really.

Only up to Gen V.
However know that there is something else in store too: new moves are going to be added to MindCrystal, along with new animations! (At the time of making this post, there are 106 new moves.)
With this, movepools are now improved even further!
Some moves included are:
_Quiver Dance;
_Coil;
_Icicle Crash;
_First Impression;
_Origin Pulse;
_Precipice Blades;
_Dragon Ascent;
_Play Rough;
_Fairy Wind;
_Moonblast;
_Heavy Slam;
_Electro Ball;
_Stored Power;
_Power Trip;
_Volt Switch;
_Hurricane;
etc.

Also newly introduced moves keep their original index number; for example Quiver Dance is still identified as move number 483, or First Impression who is number 660.

Well I already tried, the arm9 file is different from HGSS (maybe not compressed), and there are only two FE 01 00 00 and changing them doesn't let me have more than 510 EV.
Or do you know how to find the concerned bytes? For example, how did you find the EV bytes for HGSS?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 29, 2019
Great Hack !!! Thanks!!

1) IS there a soluce for item location and for alternative evolution ?

2) Can I complete pokedex 100% without cheating or hacking ?

It wiil be a great help for people like me (i didn't find the light Stone and how to evolve Machomp :/ ) who want to finish at 100% every game =D

Last edited:
Back