• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyijoeyi

Poison Monotype - SS
Years
New Update! - Important!!

Joey's Poison Monotype Challenge

Hey guys! I'll be doing bigger updates now. Anyways, here's a list of what I've done. I think I might be repeated on what I probably updated before, I don't remember if I did. So sorry if I'm Repeating.

• I've defeated Bugsy. (Zubat FTW)
  • I've defeated Potato (Rival). Now, I knocked his Pokemon out pretty easily. Save for Bayleef. (Stupid Synthesis.)
  • I made it through the Union Cave, and got to Azalea Town.
  • In Azalea Town, I saw Team Rocket talking to a dude. The dude ran off, and the Grunt blocked the Slowpoke Well.
  • I went off to the Pokemon Center and healed.
  • I went into Kurt's House.
  • Kurt went into the Slowpoke Well. I followed.
  • I saw he had fallen. How could someone just push an old man down a well! I stormed off to defeat Team "Pocket".
  • Proton is a *****. NOT. He was so easy, he should get fired.
  • The Farfetched Ilex Forest... or should I say "Farfetch'd" Ilex Forest. Haha.... no? Fine.
  • MAAAAZZZZEEESSSS.
  • Made it out of Ilex Forest, after teaching Gastly Headbutt.
  • At Goldenrod, I purchased Solar Beam and taught it to Rosie.
  • Renamed Rosie to Raiderette.
  • Went to Route 35, (skipped the battles - FOR NOW,) and caught a Nidoran(M). Nicked it DinoKing. (Haha, the consensants switched.... aha I need a sense of humor.)

Current Team:

Ghoul Lv. 17 <- Gastly
Raiderette Lv. 15 <- Roselia
Scorpion Lv. 16 <- Skorupi
DinoKing Lv. 12 <- Nidoran(M)
Wings Lv. 16 <- Zubat

See you next time!

Sleet

Forum Lurker
Years
**Updates**

I got into Violet City and headed straight to Just-spam-peck tower, sorry...Sprout Tower. And as the name suggests just spammed peck.

When I got to the top I fought off more "powerful" Bellsprouts before finding my rival, who I cleverly called "Name" :P , Name was getting ranted at by some Elder who said He should treat his Pokemon better. Name said something before spinning on the spot and disappearing. As I approached the Elder he challenged me to a battle. Now, I'm no Poke Doctor but for someone who just finished ranting at someone about how they should treat their Pokemon better, I don't think he should be throwing his straight back into battle.

Anyway. Peck, Peck, Oh no HootHoot!, Peck, Peck.

Daz defeated player Elder. Yup my In-game name is Daz

Got to the gym. Defeated some trainers. Then challenged the Gym leader, A deluded blue-haired chap who was under the Impression that a Pidgey and a Pidgeotto would be enough to defeat me.

I quickly proved to him that there was only one good bird in his gym, and that was mine, and it's made of Steel >:)

Anyway done for just now. More updates tomorrow ;)

**Current Team**
212scizor.png

Scizor level 9
-Quick attack
-Pursuit
-Focus Energy
-Bullet Punch

227skarmory.png

Skarmory level 11
-Leer
-Peck
-Sand Attack
-Swift

**Badges Obtained**
40px-Zephyr_Badge.png

**Next Time**
Route 32 Onwards. Onix Hunting and the inevitable grinding XD

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
Years
-Surged through surge with Leaves using a leach seed/vine whip combo

-Quickly headed back to Cerulian to head to rock tunnel

-Figured out i needed flash

-Went to route 2 to get flash, realized i needed 10 pokemon

-went on a catching spree, decided to keep a Drowzee as a HM Slave, [needs a nickname now]

-Released all my other catching spree pokemon

-Returned to rock tunnel with flash so I CAN SEE!!!

-During my spelunking of rock tunnel Leaves evolved into Venusaur

-Got through rock tunnel and to Lavender

-First stop in Lavender..NAME RATER!

-Finally I have Rosebud(Gloom) and Slave I(Drowsey)

-Entered pokemon tower, and met Flare

-Defeated flare with only Rosebud and Shrooms, MVP was Rosebud for singlehandedly KO'ing Charmelion

-Met some unknown ghosts and ran like a little girl

-Took the underground path to Celadon

-Stopped and the Celadon department store and grabbed a water for the guards

-Gave the water to the guards

-Returned to celadon to challenge Erica, won handilly with Shrooms KO'ing victorybell and half of tangela with cut and leaves taking care of the other half of tangela and vileplume with no sweat

-Headed toward bikers path, but didnt feel like facing snorelax, so went the other route and ended up getting myself HM02

-Headed back into town and went to the rocket game corner, faced the posted guard and entered the Team Rocket hideout

-Crushed team rocket, showed Geovoni who the real boss is, and recieved Silph Scope MVP to Shrooms who was the only one to battle untill Geovoni's Kengascon

-Left the rocket game corner and healed and headed back to Lavender Town

-After arriving in Lavender headed to the pokemon tower the finding out that the really scary unknown ghosts are only slightly less scary ghost pokemon

-Reached the top of pokemon tower and laid the soul of the marowak to rest

-Afterwards i defeated Team Rocket and rescued Mr. Fuji

-MVP for pokemon tower was Rosebud who pretty much solo'd the entire thing besides when he fainted, so Leaves cleaned that up

-Recieved the PokeFlute from Mr. Fuji to aid me in my pokemon journey

-Quick heal and i was on my way

-Found a bug hulk blocking my way, woke it up, and defeated the snorlax in the middle of the road

-Entered Felucia, but only to heal and leave again to face the last few trainors on the route

-Finally entered Felucia to stay a while, first stop, the safari zone

-Added my next and probably last person to my team, Eggman(Exeggcute) on the first time in the safari zone

-Went into the safari zone a second time and recieved HM03 and found some gold teeth...eeeewww

-Figured out the gold teeth belonged to the warden, so i returned them and recieved HM04

-Went to Celadon to pick up some TM's for Eggman, not there

-Went to Saffaron to get TM 29 to teach Eggman Psychic

-Returned to Celadon to get a couple Leaf Stones

-Used a Leaf Stone to evolve Eggman

-Caught Slave II(Mankey) as my strength slave

Current Team:
Spoiler:

austy14

Cannibal
Years
So I've played very little on my Electric run through HG over the past 2 days. But here's what I accomplished:

Spoiler:

(I shall refer to myself in 1st person as Sparky. To avoid confusion, I am not really Sparky.)

After getting a good long Power[OFF]Nap I left the Violet City Pokemon Center. Something told me to go south... but I went west, just for fun. Some guy gave me a cool CD (Haven't figured out how to listen to these yet...) and then there was this silly looking tree. It was kinda rocky... but anyways I went through the Gatehouse hoping there would be something cool. A bunch of old buildings! Does this seem like a waste of time! I went to the first one I saw. There was this cool puzzle... But when I finished it and the floor fell out! Some place this is... this guy saw me and gave me an unown report. if its so unknown, why bother giving it to people who fall out of the ceiling? So I walked back to where I assumed the exit was and then THE LETTER "I" ATTCKED! Ahh! What the hell is this place? I ran. I don't need my kindergarden homework attcking me. I tried to run out but more letters attacked! It's like I fell into a big pit of Alpabet soup! But I was finally out... AND LEFT. I went out to route 32. Time to head south for my next badge! It was a pretty boring route. Some boyscouts and a few fisherman. When I stopped at the Pokemon Center some old guy asked me if I liked fishing. Being polite, I answered yes. Then he offered to give me his "old rod." I'm getting sick of all these sexual innuendoes from old men. And everyine seems to think I'm gay... creeped out, I depart for Union cave. I hope no one tries to make me join a union. I dont even have a job! It turns out this cave is another boring installment on my way Azelea town. They may as well call it "fat people cave." All the trainers there were hikers and fire breathers... both quite bulky. At least none of tem seemed too interested in my body. But when I got to Azelea town I some guy dressed in black attack an old man. Nothing wrong here! I try to go to the gym but another guy in black stops me. While I wait I ddecide to visit this guy named Kurt. He called the people in black Team Rocket, and told me to follow him to the well. Lots of bad things hapen in wells... but with nothing better to do I decide to go in anyway. It turns out the guy fell down the well and threw out his back... sigh. Now I have to do all the work of beating this Team Rocket. I thought the were supposed to have gone away 3 years ago when my idol Red beat them down! Well, lokos like I get to follow even more in his footsteps! Turns out Team Rocket is weak. And very susceptible to electric types. After going out Kurt took me to his house. And then he offered me his balls. D-I-N-O-S-A, U-R a dinosaur! An O-L-D M-A-N, your just an old man! Old man, why are you starrin' at me? Mack on me it's kinda a creepy... you should be prowling around the old folks home. Come on dude! Leave me alone! Thank you Ke$ha, you took the words right outa my mouth! And hopefully kept an old man or two out as well. So now I can finally challenge Bugsy, your trusty Azalea gym leader! The Jr. Trainers were really easy. But it took me 3 tries on Bugsy... My Pichu has horrible deffense and his Scyther kept using U-Turn, but the 3rd time he didn't use it at all! I was able to paralyze it with Mareep and finally KO it. Then I used Pichu on Metapod and Kakuna. I figured I should go out into the forest now... but my rival (Ampere) stops me. Took him a few tries too, Bayleaf's Razor Leaf really took advantage of mmy Pichu's low deffense. But I finally beat him! Now in the forest some guy cries that he lost his birds... boo-hoo. But this tree is blocking my way forward so I figure if I help his Farfetche'd could cut it down for me. I got them both back, and then he gave me my own cutting device! I headed back to the PC so I could get Totodile out and teach it to him. Now I shall be on my way! But first, a nice long save nap...

SEE YA NEXT TIME!

Team: Pichu "Volty", Lv. 19; Mareep "Amph", Lv. 18;
HM (to be) slaves: Totodile "HM" lv. 8, Togepi, Lv. 1
Still on my "Wishlist:" Elekid, Eevee, Chinchou

Scytha

mass effect freak
Years
Ok. I've started my Platinum Journey, and since I don't want to be getting all my team far into the game I traded over a Riolu egg. Most of my planned Pokémon you get further in, and I don't want this to be a solo run.

Current Team

Spr_4p_391.png

Apex
Lvl. 14
Scratch
Mach Punch
Ember
Leer

Spr_4p_447.png

Aura (very creative :P)
Lvl. 13
Quick Attack
Force Palm
Counter
Foresight

Spr_4p_066.png

Jay
Lvl. 10
Low Kick
Leer
Focus Energy
Karate Chop

At the moment I'm in Oreburgh, grinding in the mines.

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
I just beat Pokemon Red :

Spoiler:

Charizard solo -__- duh.

Charmking :t006: Lv. 79 Moveset : Slash, Toxic (I have no idea why I taught him this), Flamethrower, E-Quake

And, I'm moving to Crystal !... I'm hoping not to solo Typh. I will get a Magmar and I am also hoping (again) for a Flareon.

KingdomBlade

Sora! I choose you!
Years
Just a question, do you guys mind that I hacked in Body Slam into Venasaur's moveset since I found that I could only get one. If you guys say it's not allowed, can you suggest me a move to replace it? (I'm playing in Pokemon Red by the way)

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2010
Okay, update time for me

-Received Running Shoes
-Destroyed all trainers on the Route going to Mt. Moon
-Made it through Mt. Moon
-Caught Paras for HM slave
-Received a Helix Fossil
-Passed on Mega Kick and Mega Punch
-Bought 6 super potions
-Beat rival in Cerulean City
-Beat Gym trainers in Misty's gym
-Tried beating Misty three times and failed on all three times
-Defeated Nugget bridge and all of the trainers on the way to Bill's house
-Met Bill and received the S.S. Anne ticket
-Beat Team Rocket Robber and received Dig
-Tried to beat Misty at Level 29 and failed
-Grinded on some wild Pokemon
-Beat Misty while leveling to 30 when I beat her first Pokemon and using 5 Super Potions

That's all for now, as for my team, it looks like this:
Charmeleon Level 30
Scratch
Smokescreen
Ember
Metal Claw

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Just a question, do you guys mind that I hacked in Body Slam into Venasaur's moveset since I found that I could only get one. If you guys say it's not allowed, can you suggest me a move to replace it? (I'm playing in Pokemon Red by the way)
I don't care. If you're doing an ultimate though, you'd have to ask Zam. I mean, you sold something you meant to use, so if you use it, the only thing different is that you have another like 1000 dollars. No biggie.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
Years
**Updates**

After defeating Falkner I headed down Route 32. After a couple of minutes of searching I found a Bellsprout. I quickly traded it with the guy in Violet City for his Onix. And then traded it in order to get a Steelix.

With my new Steelix in my team I headed into the Union cave where my Scizor, complete with Bullet Punch, One hit KO'd almost every Pokemon.

Small bit of Grinding.

After Grinding up my teams levels a bit I left the Union Cave and entered Azalea Town. I went to some guy called Kurts house and he told me he'd show team rocket what for and barged me out the way before leaving. I quickly realised that he must be the town "Tough Guy" so I followed him.

I travelled down the well to find out that Kurt wasn't as tough as he made out. He fell down the well and hurt his back. >__>

Anyway it was all up to me now, and after a few minutes of defeating the classic team rocket pokemon (Rattatas and Koffings) I left and headed to the gym.

The gym was pathetically easy due to Skarmorys peck attack, and I obtained the second badge in a little under 5 minutes.

That's it for now, more updates later on today.

**Current Team**

227skarmory.png

Skarmory level 18
-Fury Attack
-Peck
-Sand attack
-Swift

212scizor.png

Scizor level 16
-Quick Attack
-Pursuit
-Focus Energy
-Bullet Punch

208steelix.png

Steelix level 16
-Thunder Fang
-Ice Fang
-Fire Fang
-Rock Throw

**Badges Obtained**
40px-Zephyr_Badge.png
40px-Hive_Badge.png

**Next Time**
Ilex Forest, A Runaway Duck thing and Goldenrod City featuring: Whitney (An annoying cow) and Miltank (An annoying cow)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Ok, I'm starting the Ultimate monotype challenge with Fighting types.
I'm going to be using Fire Red>Gold>Emerald>Diamond
Starting Fire red now, may edit this post later today.

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
Years
Progress for my HG fire type challenge:
Spoiler:

Progress for my Ghost-Monotype on Platinum ( Would you please add it to the list, you must have overread the post)
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2012
Im gonna restart with a psychic on fire red. Sorry i haven't been posting, i've just got back off my holiday.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
Years
**Updates**
Well, after defeating Bugsy I headed to Ilex forest. But before I could get there I was rudely interrupted by Name (My Rival) who didn't believe the fact that I defeated Team Rocket at the well. Name has a strange obsession with Team Rocket, Hmmmm :cool:

Anyway, not much to report from that battle, besides the fact that he stalled for time with Bayleafs reflect and synthesis moves :disappoin

When I got into Ilex forest I was approached by a shady character, and after reading what sometimes happens to unprotected boys in the forest I considered letting Steelix beat him around for a bit. It turns out he had simply lost his boss' ducks...sorry Farfetch'd and he wanted me to find them.

5 minutes later I was back. Farfetch'd (s) in tow (Wait, what's the plural for Farfetch'd ? :P ) and was awarded the Cut HM for my efforts.

The rest of the forest wasn't very exciting and I was soon in Goldenrod City.

Got the radio card, not much else to say about that, I'll never use it :P

BREAKING NEWS!!
Steel types run rampant in Normal type gym :D

Got the plain badge from Whitney (She has PINK hair. I swear to god, what is up with the hair colours?
Falkner-Blue hair, Bugsy-Green hair, Whitney-Pink hair. When I get a gym leader with normal hair It will be a momentous occasion indeed :P )

Maybe have time to squeeze another update in today, I'll see how I feel.

**Current Team**

227skarmory.png

Skarmory level 18
-Fury Attack
-Peck
-Sand attack
-Swift

212scizor.png

Scizor level 19
-Quick Attack
-Pursuit
-Focus Energy
-Bullet Punch

208steelix.png

Steelix level 19
-Thunder Fang
-Ice Fang
-Fire Fang
-Rock Tomb

**Badges Obtained**
40px-Zephyr_Badge.png
40px-Hive_Badge.png
40px-Plain_Badge.png

**Next Time**
Route 36, Paedophile Trees and Ecruteak City

c3rad

Grass-Type user
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2012
Here's a quick update from me. I haven't got any new badges, but I've done a ton of other things, and I don't want to clump it all into one big monologue.

Picking up from last time, I was about to enter rock tunnel. I battled all the trainers up to that point and passed through the tunnel fairly easily.

Next I emerged in Lavender. Here I changed the names of my pokemon. Venusaur was renamed Garlic and Weepinbell was renamed Spinach.

Then I traveled west towards Celadon. I entered the city and got the Tea and picked up 2 leaf stones, one for Spinach and one for the Exeggcute I would get soon. I then took a quick trip to Saffron where I got Psychic.

Next I raided the rocket hideout for the Silph Scope. At first it was difficult, because I have nothing to combat poison types, but then I taught Spinach, now a Victreebel, Return. Let's just say it was pretty easy.

Then I went to the pokemon tower, which was a slow and miserable climb. By now I was using Garlic's razor leaf on all the trainers and repels to keep the wild Gastlys away.

I got to the top and saved Mr. Fuji, although he claims he went there of his own will. Then I got the pokeflute and headed for Fuchsia. I took Cycling road south, avoiding the bikers and soon enough I was in Fuchsia.

I took a trip to the safari zone and caught an Exeggcute and taught it Psychic. Unfortunatly, it doesn't learn sleep powder until level 37 so I've got a ways to go...

My team:
Spr_3f_003.png

Venusaur lv. 40
Bold
-Tackle (I really need to get rid of this...)
-Leech Seed
-Sleep Powder
-Razor Leaf

Spr_3f_071.png

Victreebel lv 40
Adamant
-Return
-Acid
-Vine Whip
-Sleep Powder

Spr_3f_102.png

Exeggcute lv. 27
Timid
-Stun Spore
-Psychic
-Reflect
-Leech Seed

HM slaves: Meowth (Cut & Flash), Farfetch'd (Fly & Cut)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Akito Wanijima's Fighting Ultimate monotype challenge - Kanto Update
Spoiler:

Years
Just started a Fire monotype run on SS. Got my Cyndaquil. Will update later

Rapidash, you have to start with a 1st generation game (blue, red, green, fire red, leaf green) unless you're doing steel or dark, since they didn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back