• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Waiting for a reply to be approved by a moderator

Years
I recently replied on a thread in the romhacks studio sideshow showcase and I received a message that my post had to be approved by a moderator. It's been a couple of days I think and the post still hasn't appeared. I have posted another reply on that thread and that has worked without issues, so I'm not sure how this whole thing works.
It was a somewhat long post and it's a bit annoying to have to rewrite it, so I would like to know what happened to it...

Thank you!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
You'll want to VM/PM one of the ROM hack mods about it, to make sure they're aware, and they'd know better what the issue is than I do.

Wild guess on my part is that for whatever reason your post happened to trigger the thing we have that automatically shoves certain threads/posts into the moderation queue (it's an anti-adbot measure) when it shouldn't have and then it never got approved because it does a pretty shitty job at notifying us that it did that (for posts anyway), so they never noticed

But again, speak to one of them to find out for sure.

Years
You'll want to VM/PM one of the ROM hack mods about it, to make sure they're aware, and they'd know better what the issue is than I do.
Wild guess on my part is that for whatever reason your post happened to trigger the thing we have that automatically shoves certain threads/posts into the moderation queue (it's an anti-adbot measure) when it shouldn't have and then it never got approved because it does a pretty mukty job at notifying us that it did that (for posts anyway), so they never noticed .

I see! Fair enough then, I'll contact one of them, thank you very much for the help!

Back