• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favorite Generation 4 VGM?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Aha interesting that you posted that. I'd have to say the Route 216 night-time theme is one of my favourites, although I haven't played the games in years (not an exaggeration, other than reaching Sandgem Town with a Turtwig a few months ago, my last save started in 2012 - i checked the dates on my Froslass).

Route 216 night:
Spoiler:

Likewise Canalave City (night-time)
Spoiler:

This is probably the best outside-of-Pokémon-League music ever:
Spoiler:

The Battle Tower music is far more enjoyable than the facility itself, and I think makes up for the fact that unlike the Emerald one it doesn't let you clone your Pokémon:
Spoiler:

Not one of my favourites but I find night-time Pokémon Centre to be the only time the Pokémon Centre music doesn't grate on me. I think it's because it actually fits the theme of them as places of rest, rather than being incessantly perky. Especially welcome when I ended up spending a lot of time in there trading back when the GTS etc. still worked.
Spoiler:

I honestly think the music is one of the things Pokémon games do right, and having different night-time themes make DPPt stand out just a little. Given all my free time now is in what the pokémon games classify as night-time, its nice to have music that fits the time, sometimes I'm playing LeafGreen with only a lamp on and Cinnabar Island's theme even manages to seem too perky (even though its one of my all-time favourites across generations).

EDIT: Thought this was just for DPPt, I'll let some other people post before I spam this up with an essay on my favourite HeartGold / SoulSilver music/

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Listening to Sinnoh's soundtrack brings back so many memories. :<

Canalave City, Twinleaf Town, Gym/E4 themes, Rowan's Lab, Cyrus' theme, and Hearthome City to name a few.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
My favourite Gen 4 soundtrack would be the music for Route 209 (Day version). Easily one of the most soothing soundtracks I've ever heard.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
D/P/Pt
Route 201, Rival Battle, Route 205, Eterna City (night), Route 216, Distortion World, Giratina battle, Cyrus battle, Cynthia battle and end credits.

HG/SS
New Bark Town, Cherrygrove City, Route 30, Ecruteak City, Ho-Oh battle, Route 47, Champion battle, Vermillion City and Viridian Forest.

Years

Alongside the Frontier Brain theme that I've mentioned, if I can pick any other theme that would also be my favourite, it would be this.

The eerie feeling in this soundtrack. You can really feel it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 27, 2017
This one is completely underrated. The Game Corner music from Veilstone City in the Sinnoh games was my favorite. No one remembers it, but it is one of the most upbeat tunes in the game. And it even has a part in it that reminisces on the original Game Corner theme in Red/Blue...

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
My faves:
- Galactic Boss Cyrus: I don't care if I will become deaf, I cannot NOT blast this song at 100% volume with my earphones. The shivers I get from the later part of the song are incredible
- Lake Cavern + Uxie/Azelf/Mesprit battle: I find both sooo incredibly amazing
- Champion Cynthia: the champion that will forever make you feel you are overleveled. The combination of her team, her character and this song are so iconic that Cynthia is still hailed as one of, if not the best champion of all games
- Frontier Brain: simply amazing

Overworld themes:
- Pokémon League (Daytime): combined with the different title theme and this, I felt DPPt is where the games got slightly more 'mature'. This theme is gorgeous
- Mt. Coronet: truly a place worthy of gods
- Hall of Fame: I've heard this song a dozen times and it still feels like I'm standing at the beginning of my adventure, ten years ago
- Global Trade Station: I spent so many hours of my time here
- Route 205: so many route themes are amazing, but this one is my favourite

This gen had suuch good music and the soundfont was so special. I don't know what the hell the specific instruments they used are called (except dat bass) but they go so well together. I think the soundfont and the OSTs give a realy good representation of what the region is like as a whole: very bright and peaceful, but it's the house of some big secrets and the very god of the world. That's definitely the charm of Sinnoh for me.

Special shout out to the Title Screen theme; why the fuck is that so creepy? I've yet to get an answer on this...

Years
my favs are
eterna forest.
Distortion World.
Champion Cynthia. Cyrus battle.
Mt. Coronet. Giratina battle,
Lake Cavern + Uxie/Azelf/Mesprit battle.

heart gold soul silver
New Bark Town, Ecruteak City, Ho-Oh battle, Champion battle, Vermillion City and Viridian Forest.

Last edited:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
half of my top 10 come from gen 4, canalve city night, cynthia's theme, cyrus battle theme. fight area, twinleaf town. so many great songs.

but my favourite and i'm surprised nobody mentioned it (well i suppose not many consider Mystery Dungeon part of a particular gen)

Spoiler:

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
i'm surprised nobody mentioned it
YES! Somebody mentioned a sidegame!

Uh... I was making a rather lengthy post that included various soundtracks through notepad but...
I guess I'll put it here and eventually edit it.

I'm quite sure gen 4 includes also the animated series, movies and the side-games:
Pok?mon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky;
Pok?mon Ranger: Shadows of Almia;
Pok?mon Ranger: Guardian signs;
Pok?mon Battle Revolution;
Super Smash Bros Brawl(actually not a sidegame).
Uh... where do I start? Routes? Battles?
Those who have read my posts on the trivia or my self visitor messages
might have already realized I have a slight bias towards the sidegames,
since they don't seem to get as much attention as the core titles, so let's
commence with those, shall we?
Nonono wait, I'll sort them in route,battle, settlement and other location
soundtracks! Yeah, that's it!

Scamper the cursor through the titles if you can't see the embedded links!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

NergyTheMighty

Can't we all just get along? Pretty please?
Years
Hardly a thing can beat Plat's Frontier Brain theme. ♥

I completely agree.

I saw the track on YouTube thumbnails but wanted to avoid it until I heard it for myself. When I finally got to a Frontier Brain, Battle Arcade's Dahlia (Some might look down upon me for doing this first but oh well, haters gonna hate.), the music blew me away. This is how moments are made, moments that let you know you hit the big time. The intense yet bouncy music is probably one of my favorite tracks in the Pokemon series (next to Cynthia's theme, Red's theme, Route 119, and the Battle Subway theme in Gen V, among others.)

Back