• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
After training Diglett and my other pokemon to catch up with Pikachu I battled all the trainers on the SS Anne, defeated Gary and obtained the cut HM from the captain, I've just defeated Lt. Surge on the first attempt, I forgot he only had one pokemon, my Dugtrio did all of the work.

Team:

Pikachu Lv26
Weepinbell Lv26
Charmeleon Lv26
Dugtrio Lv26

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Just caught Mew on Nugget Bridge! It was pretty straight forward, I was worried it was going to be more of a hassle.

Team right now:

Pikachu lv 18
Nidorino lv 18
Clefairy lv 16
Mew lv 7

I'm debating whether to replace Nidorino with an Oddish. I kinda want to use Vileplume. I'll probably keep Pikachu for Misty and then box him afterwards.

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
Thanks to paralysis, Misty's Starmie didn't even get to touch Nikola. Cascade Badge get! After defeating Blue, the five Nugget Bridge trainers, and the Team Rocket guy, I was finally able to find and catch Oddish. Welcome back, Rafflesia! I also managed to get an Abra for the Mew Glitch without any difficulty. After catching Abra (who will remain nameless, as I don't plan to use it), it's time to get me a Mew. Two Mew, in fact. The first one was caught with no trouble at all. For the second, I decided to get it at Lv. 1 to do the EXP Underflow Glitch. Bam, instant Lv. 100 Mew (that I don't even plan on using)!

After grinding Raff (which took forever by the way; Absorb, why are you so weak?) and the rest of the team, getting the S.S. Ticket from Bill, and defeating the Team Rocket Grunt that gave me Dig, I decided Isabella deserved to evolve now. Hello, Nidoqueen! Not long after, Raff evolved, too! After being annoyed by the fact that Nidoqueen can't learn Dig in Gen 1 for some stupid reason, I gave Dig to Charles. Hello 100 Base Power move!

Routes 5 and 6 were uneventful, but I finally reached Vermilion City! And I can finally buy Super Potions! I was seriously getting annoyed with only being able to restore 20 HP. After beating up some Trainers in Route 11, I decided this would be a good place to rest for now. Next time, S.S. Anne, Lt. Surge, and cutting down some trees!

Current team:
Charles the Charmeleon (Lv. 24)
Isabella the Nidoqueen (Lv. 24)
Nikola the Pikachu (Lv. 22)
Rafflesia the Gloom (Lv. 22)

Years
[ 3 hours into my game so far! I'm currently wandering around Cerulean Cave trying to nab a Clefairy to add to my team and slowly, but surely, training my team on these very low-leveled Zubat and Geodude... haha. Right in the childhood.

Current Team:

25.PNG

Pikachu | Lv. 16
Thundershock, Quick Attack, Double Team, Thunder Wave

56.PNG

Mankey | Lv. 16
Scratch, Leer, Low Kick, Karate Chop

21.PNG

Spearow | Lv. 11
Peck, Growl, Leer

41.PNG

Zubat | Lv. 9 (to be boxed)
Leech Life

74.PNG

Geodude | Lv. 10 (to be boxed)
Tackle

I'm planning to add Clefairy to my team when I capture it and then nab Squirtle when I get to Vermillion City. :D Not 100% sure on my flyer but I think I'll go Spearow since Fearow has always been reliable for me, much more than Pidgeot.

That last team member.. idk. Maybe I'll be different this time around and use Articuno for fun's sake. Or an eeveelution? ]

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Going through Blue for the first time ever. Picked Squirtle as my starter. Caught a female Nidoran on Route 22, won the Boulder Badge, caught a Paras in Mt. Moon, and barely won my rival battle in Cerulean City.

That's all I have done so far. Got caught up in the Twitch Watches Pokemon marathon more than a few times.

khaozz

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
S.S. Anne was easy. Other than the Body Slam TM and slamming Blue into defeat, nothing else of note happened here. Since I wanted Body Slam on more than one of my Pokemon, I decided it was time to use the Mew glitch to find Missingno. and dupe my irreplaceable TMs. (I also decided to keep one of the Missingno., even if I don't plan on using it.) Some may see this as cheating, but honestly, why play RBY instead of FRLG (other than for nostalgia or personal preference) if you're NOT going to abuse glitches? Anyway, I duped Body Slam and other TMs, as well as Rare Candies. However, I'm only going to use these Rare Candies to level up other Pokemon for Pokedex completion purposes and not to overlevel my current team. We don't need to make the game any easier.

Next, I needed a Cut user, so I caught a Spearow and traded it for DUX. Now, it's Gym time! I was contemplating getting a Diglett just to curbstomp Surge, or just wrecking him with Isabella, but as the person who decided to solo Brock with a Charmander, I figured why not make this battle so unnecessarily difficult as well? Besides, I plan to save Isabella for another Gym. No, it was Rafflesia's time to shine! Despite getting outsped by everything and Absorb making the battles take longer than needed (seriously, why is Absorb so weak?), the Gym overall was surprisingly easy. Raff didn't even get paralyzed once! (So much for all those Paralyze Heals I bought!) Maybe it had something to do with all those Sleep Powders she threw around that crippled everything. Nevertheless, Thunder Badge obtained, Thunderbolt TM obtained and to be cloned so both Nikola and Isabella gets a nice new move, and thank you Raff for being such a boss!

Afterwards, I went through Diglett's Cave and narrowly defeated two OP Dugtrio. I got a Mr. Mime by trading an Abra I caught earlier (not the one I used for the Mew Glitch), got the Old Amber from Pewter Museum, and obtained the useless Flash HM from Oak's aide. With everything done, it's time to head to Cerulean City to redeem the Bike Voucher and get a Bike (which I forgot to do when I first got it), and progress! Next time, Routes 9 and 10, Rock Tunnel, and Lavender Town's beautifully depressing music!

Current team:
Charles the Charmeleon (Lv. 24)
Isabella the Nidoqueen (Lv. 26)
Nikola the Pikachu (Lv. 26)
Rafflesia the Gloom (Lv. 26)
DUX the Farfetch'd (Lv. 3) (HM user)

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
Well I did not do much in Blue yesterday. (On account on the fact I watched the Oscars). Course here is what I did yesterday.

My events of yesterday started with me recovering TM28 from the Team Rocket member who stole it. I then headed through Route 5 to the Underground Path. After taking said Underground Path, I ended up on Route 6. While I was on Route 6, I battled every trainer there. Course the trainer with the Butterfree was an annoying battle. I then reached Vermillion City.

While I was in Vermillion City, the first thing I did was obtain the Old Rod. I then headed over to Diglett's Cave where I caught my second team member. My next objective is to explore the S.S. Anne. I have seen 46 Pokemon and caught 14

Final Fantasy Villains Team
Garland (Wartortle)
Lv. 31
Moves: Water Gun, Mega Punch, Bubblebeam, Bite

Kefka (Dugtrio)
Lv. 29
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Dig, Sand-Attack

Zemus (to be caught)
Exdeath (to be caught)
Gabranth (to be caught)
Cid (to be caught)

khaozz

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
Route 9 was uneventful. I could have done Rock Tunnel in the dark, but since I didn't want to miss any Trainer, I decided to catch a Voltorb in Route 10 (not going to use it in battle, so no nickname) and teach it Flash. To make it up to it, I gave it cloned Rare Candies until it evolved into Electrode. Rock Tunnel itself was a boring grindfest as usual, although I did like that one Hiker who quoted Pat Benatar's song. Hit me with your best shot! Fire away! Also, Rafflesia finally learned Acid, which means she won't have to rely on the weak Absorb to deal damage. Despite Acid being a weak move, it deals a surprising amount of damage! Then again, I'm probably used to the low damage of Absorb.

Finally, I'm done with that cave and I reached Lavender Town! Thanking Electrode, I box it and get back DUX from the PC. I'll need DUX soon. I go straight to Route 8, skip as many trainers as possible, and take the Underground Path to Route 7 and Celadon City. First thing I do is go to the back of Celadon Mansion and get Eevee. Welcome back, Chelsea! If you couldn't already tell from the pun in her nickname, Chelsea's going to become a Vaporeon. I already have Charles and Nikola, so a Flareon or Jolteon would be redundant. Then, I go to the Celadon Department Store to get some evolutionary stones, which means Nikola and Chelsea both evolved. I also gave Chelsea Bubblebeam, so she can actually attack with a move that doesn't suck. I'm not going to evolve Raff just yet, since I'm waiting for her to learn Petal Dance before I evolve her. (Insert line about Absorb being weak here)

While I'm at the store, I pick up some drinks to give to the girl at the rooftop in exchange for TMs I'll clone later. I also get an extra Fresh Water to open the way to Saffron City. I also give Nikola a Submission TM so he's no longer walled by Onix and Geodude. Next, I head west to Route 16, ignore the Snorlax blocking the way (I'll come for you later), and have DUX cut the tree blocking the way to the girl who hands out the Fly HM. I immediately teach it to DUX. Yay, instant travel!

Since Chelsea is underleveled compared to the rest of the team, I decide to go to Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town to beat down Blue's team. Even without gaining any levels since I got her, Chelsea just dominated his team. I didn't even have to heal at all. What a boss! After that, I went back to Celadon and got the Coin Case. Gambling time! Speaking of time, I shall crush Erika with Charles, storm the Team Rocket Hideout, and finish the Pokemon Tower and rescue Fuji...next time on Dragon Ball Z!

Current team:
Charles the Charmeleon (Lv. 29)
Isabella the Nidoqueen (Lv. 29)
Nikola the Raichu (Lv. 29)
Rafflesia the Gloom (Lv. 29)
Chelsea the Vaporeon (Lv. 26)
DUX the Farfetch'd (Lv. 3) (HM user)

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Been getting my grind on before I face Misty, though i've already been down to Vermillion (mostly for training purposes, but also to get a Bike Voucher).

Trying to keep my Pokemon unevolved until they learn everything I want them to learn and then letting them evolve. It takes more time, but I think it's worth it to have fully evolved Pokemon with powerful moves earlier.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
OK, let's give this "Travel journal" thing a try... I'm playing the Red version.

I picked Charmander as a starter, and defeated Blue without a problem in Oak's lab. After a trip to Viridian City, I decided to see for myself a dialogue I have never seen before in Pokémon RBY... to this end, I did some grinding (until my Charmander was at level... 14, something like that) , curb-stomped Blue on the route west of Viridian City, and then headed back to Pallet Town. Sure enough, Prof Oak noticed I didn't have more than one Pokémon yet, so he gave me some advice and 5 Pokéballs (and the dialogue box glitched up while he was talking... I tried doing it with a French version afterwards, it glitched there as well) .

With the free Pokéballs and the ones I bought at the Poké Mart (by spending all my money) , I started filling up the Pokédex. I didn't have any trouble finding a Pikachu in Viridian Forest, but for the life of me couldn't find any Caterpies. All the trainers were easily dispatched by my Charmander.

Pewter City... the only Pokémon able to do anything so far was my Charmander, so I just went with it. After defeating the first trainer, Charmander evolved.
Brock went down easily. I used Ember on Geodude, and while it was admittedly tedious, it... just worked. But when Onix came up, I decided to be a little smarter. I started using Leer and Growl repeatedly on Onix, while he tried using Bide and failed. After that, a few Scratches and the rock snake was down.

I crossed Route 4 while avoiding as many trainers as I could. I had a plan in mind... after entering Mt Moon, I captured the next two members of my team: Geodude and Paras. After that, I went back to route 4 and fought all of the trainers, using the opportunity to level up my two new teammates. I don't usually buy potions unless I'm about to fight the Elite Four, so I travelled a lot between the route and the Pokémon center... and then between the Mt Moon Pokémon center and Mt Moon itself. After exiting Mt Moon, Geodude and Paras had almost caught up with Charmeleon.

With no grass or electric Pokémon on my team, I decided to avoid fighting Misty for the time being. Instead of that, I went north and captured an Abra... yeah, for the Mew glitch. I originally didn't want to use Mew on my team, but then remembered that Charizard didn't learn Fly in this version. I usually don't repeat types on my team, so I ended up including Mew as a fourth member of my team with the intent of using it as transportation. I kept going until I reached Bill's house, training all Pokémon on my team (and, from time to time, going back to the Cerulean Pokémon Center) and Geodude finally evolved.

With two Pokémon being weak to Misty's type, one being completely neutral and one having a type advantage but no grass-type moves, I was still wary of fighting Misty. So, I went south instead, using the opportunity to get the Dig TM and use it on Graveler. I traded a Spearow for DUX the Farfetch'd, and kept it on my team for the time being, so that I could teach it Cut. And then I headed west. After defeating all the trainers on the route (and returning to the Pokémon center only once) , I ... still wasn't confident about fighting Misty. So to the SS Anne I went.

Like a maniac, i went from cabin to cabin, making sure nobody was left unfought :) . And, get this: Paras evolved! And, frankly, its move Leech Life, at least to me, started... not sucking. Maybe it's the stats, I don't know. Anyway, I met up with Blue (and destroyed him, once again) , got to the captain, rubbed his back, learned I had no more space in my bag, threw an Escape Rope away, rubbed his back again and got my HM!

Here I was, with no more trainers to fight... I couldn't delay the inevitable anymore! I returned to Cerulean... and then remembered I'd forgot to get the Bike Voucher. So back to Vermilion I went...

So, here I am, Cerulean Gym. Misty's Staryu went down after a few Pounds by Mew, and then Starmie came on. For the longest time, ever since I started playing Pokémon, that Starmie was my nightmare. For some, it's Whitney's Miltank, for others it's Morty's Gengar. For me, it's Misty's Starmie. And then... Misty was strangely indecisive in her moves when facing my Parasect (I guess, it's the game's poor AI reacting to having a Grass-type Pokémon in front of it) . A few uses of Leech Life later, I was done and the second badge was mine.

I went back to Vermilion immediately, curb-stomping pretty much everyone with Graveler, and got my third badge.

I immediately went to Route 9, again, fighting everyone and going back to the Pokémon Center from time to time... and then remembered something. I didn't have HM05. So, back to Vermilion I went. I crossed the Diglett Cave, capured a Diglett, didn't encounter any Dugtrios (good), emerged on Route 2 and got my HM05. Completely forgot going to Pewter City to get the Old Amber, though.

Anyway, I crossed Rock Tunnel (ugh) and emerged from it with my team barely alive. After healing my Pokémon, I started thinking about adding two more members to my team, and two candidates popped into my head: Dewgong and Electabuzz, of which I had neither. And then I thought: what if... instead of waiting until late in the game to get the two, what if I used the Mew Glitch to get them earlier, even at much lower levels? After all, the trainer that I used to trigger the glitch was still unfought, and all I had to do was to get two Pokémon with the right special stat and meet a wild Ditto (and I've finished the game without using glitches in any way at least a dozen of times, so now I just wanted to have fun :P ) ! And then, I remembered: Ditto is only encountered around Fuchsia City, and to get there, I needed a Pokéflute... so, I had to deal with Team Rocket first.

But at first, i decided to give my team an extra boost. I started a new game on my other 3DS, and traded Graveler back and forth to evolve it into Golem.

I went to Celadon City while avoiding all trainers (still had to fight one, though) and after getting there, stealing an Eevee from some dude's desk, getting an HM02, using HM02 on Mew and giving a drink to a guard, I got my Coin Case and headed to the Game Corner. There, I checked whether the slot machines still worked (they did :) ) , fought the team Rocket grunt and... well, cleaned up the entire hideout, leveling up my Pokémon along the way. Golem was clearly the most useful Pokémon on my team, and, thanks to the weird weakness to Bug-type moves Poison types have in this gen, Parasect was a great help as well... when it got the opportunity to attack first, that is, otherwise its double weakness to poison was a huge hindrance. Mew knew no psychic-type moves (yes, I know about the TM I can get in Saffron, I just want Mew to learn it on its own) and Charmeleon didn't get much use neither due to its type not being effective.

With the Sylph Scope was in the bag, I flew back to Lavender and went to the tower. Again, due to an abundance of poison types, Golem and Parasect were kings, and since Parasect isn't weak against ghost-type moves, this is where it really got to stretch its legs. But a lot of battles were slowed down by the ghosts using Lick and paralyzing a lot of my team. Parasect at least got to retaliate with Stun Spore, so there's that. By this point, I started feeling a bit underleveled, I have no idea how I managed to get to the top of the tower without losing any battles, and reaching Fuji was a huge relief.

With the goal of glitching an Electabuzz and either a Seel or an underleveled Dewgong into existence still on my mind, I immediately headed west and woke up the Snorlax by the Cycling Road. Parasect knew Spore, so I kept putting Snorlax to sleep, but Parasect's other moves barely made any dents in Snorlax's hide, so I gave up on trying to lower its HP, and just threw Great Balls, hoping to get lucky, all while using Spore whenever it woke up. I got lucky, Snorlax was caught.

I managed to cross the Cycling Road without fighting any trainers, and got to Fuchsia. Browsing through the stats of my Pokémon and the list on Bulbapedia, I noticed that Charmeleon's special stat matched Electabuzz's index number. I flew to Cerulean, freaked out the lone unfought trainer by flying away from him, defeated another trainer, met a Ditto, allowed it to become my Charmeleon and knocked it out, but in the meantime, between the trainer and the Ditto, my Parasect had fainted. Not thinking much of it, I returned to Cerulean, triggered the wild battle with a level 7 Electabuzz... and then threw a Great Ball at it and my ball "Missed the Pokémon"! Meaning I absolutely had to inflict a status on Electabuzz. Only two of my Pokémon could do this: Charmeleon could try to inflict a burn on it, but even Ember from a level 30 Charmander would obliterate a level 7 Electabuzz, and Parasect had fainted. So I gave up.

I realized then that I was at a point in the game where I could get the two Pokémon legitimately with only two obstacles in my way. The first one was the Safari Zone, where I got the Surf HM, and that was quite simple. The second one, however was Koga's Gym. My Pokémon were all around level 30, and only one of them was 100% good against Poison types... oh well. Might as well give it a try.

Needless to say, I returned to the Pokémon Center after each and every fight. The difficulty was in large part self-inflicted: not only was I underleveled to begin with, I also wanted to use the opportunity to level up my Charmeleon (yup, I was at a point where my starter was lagging behind the rest of my team) , and tried the switching tactic. The fight with Koga went... rather well. Golem took a beating, but still knocked out three out of Koga's four Pokémon, and then he sent out Weezing. Sensing danger, I switched to Mew. Mew still didn't know any psychic moves, so I decided to weaken Weezing in another way: by lowering its accuracy. After three Flashes, Weezing used Self-Destruct... and missed! The badge was mine.

Immediately, I used HM03 on Snorlax and headed to the Seafoam Islands, where I caught a Seel. A Seel that had the same level as my team! So yeah, I was really underleveled for this place. Then I went to the Power Plant and caught myself an Electabuzz, which, again, was around the same level as my team.

Now, I have my full team:
  • Charmeleon
  • Parasect
  • Golem
  • Mew
  • Seel
  • Electabuzz
DUX and Snorlax went back to the PC, Parasect ended up being the unfortunate recipient of the HM01, and Seel obviously was given the Surf HM. Electabuzz knew no electric-type moves, so I used the Thunderbolt TM on it.

And that's pretty much where I'm now. My plan now is to bring my reign of terror to the route between Lavender and Saffron, get Erika's Badge, take on the Team Rocket, demolish Sabrina with my Parasect, and then, since I'm not in a hurry and want to have a powerful team by the time when I reach the Elite Four, battle every single trainer on mainland Kanto before heading to Cinnabar Island.

khaozz

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
Holy crap, getting coins for Porygon and Dratini took forever! Nevertheless, I now have both in my Pokedex, and Dratini was fed a truckload of cloned Rare Candies. Dragonair and Dragonite get! Then I boxed them both. After that, I went to Celadon Gym. The entire Gym was actually not a complete pushover, to my surprise. Charles's Ember only managed a 2HKO on everything, which meant that he kept getting statused. After using tons of status healing items, I decided to leave Charles poisoned so that he couldn't be paralyzed or put to sleep. After beating Erika's Vileplume, Charles learned Slash. Thanks to Gen 1 crit mechanics, Slash is essentially a 140 base power move with no drawbacks! Also, Rainbow Badge get! Raff definitely appreciates Mega Drain over Absorb, even if it's still kinda weak.

Next was the Rocket Hideout. Thanks to soloing the first half of the place, Chelsea is now caught up to everyone else (except Charles, who is now higher leveled than everyone else thanks to the Gym). Overall, the place was easy. Even Giovanni was a pushover! Silph Scope get!

After getting a Gastly and Cubone for the Pokedex, I sprayed a Super Repel so that I wouldn't be bombarded with encounters every two steps. Raff crushed the ghost Marowak with her new move. After clearing the three Rocket Grunts and getting to Fuji, I now have a Poke Flute. Time to sell the Awakenings!

Snorlax, I told you I'd come for you! Thanks to Raff's Sleep Powder, I easily caught Snorlax and I now have a full team! Welcome aboard, Eric! Also, until I need trees cut down and fly to places, it's time to box DUX for good. Thank you for the help! Now I just have to grind, clear Routes 12-15 and Cycling Road (not to mention knocking out the other Snorlax), and finally reach Fuchsia City. But I'll leave that for next time!

Current team:
Nikola the Raichu (Lv. 30)
Isabella the Nidoqueen (Lv. 30)
Eric the Snorlax (Lv. 30)
Chelsea the Vaporeon (Lv. 32)
Rafflesia the Gloom (Lv. 31)
Charles the Charmeleon (Lv. 33)

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
Well even though my previous entry mentioned that my next objective was going to the S.S. Anne, it was not the first thing I did while playing yesterday. The first thing I did was trade a Spearow for a Farfetch'd. After that I headed to the Pokemon Fan Club to get the Bike Voucher. I then headed to Cerulean to use it to obtain the Bicycle. Then it was time to head to the S.S. Anne.

When I was on the S.S. Anne, I battled every trainer there. I even used one of the TMs found there to teach Kefka a new move. I also added Snorlax's page to my Pokedex. After doing everything on the S.S. Anne, including battling Revan, I then headed to Route 11 to level up Garland and Kefka to get ready for the next gym battle.

During my gym battle with Lt. Surge, I only used Kefka. After defeating him I left Vermillion City by taking Diglett's Cave. After going through Diglett's Cave, I obtained HM05, Old Amber, and TM42. My next objective is to head to Route 9 to reach Rock Tunnel. I have seen 58 Pokemon and owned 16.

Final Fantasy Villains Team
Garland (Wartortle)
Lv. 35
Moves: Water Gun, Mega Punch, Bubblebeam, Bite

Kefka (Dugtrio)
Lv. 33
Moves: Scratch, Body Slam, Dig, Sand-Attack

Zemus (to be caught)
Exdeath (to be caught)
Gabranth (to be caught)
Cid (to be caught)

Last edited:
Years
Well, finally getting to play my Red version. Rushed through first few old places with Charmander/Charmeleon, beating Brock in process. Then returned for Nidoran(male). And then... then... then... Then Charmeleon forgot how to Ember. Now I have fire breathing lizard without any fire attacks :D

Current team:
Charmeleon, the not so fire breathing lizard (lvl 24)
Nidoking (lvl 23)

blue

gucci
Years
Defeated Brock which was much easier than I thought thanks to Double Kick! I actually got through Mt. Moon pretty quick and have made significant progress in the short time I've been playing. I've found myself attempting to capture all Pokemon in each area and it has gone well so far. Currently at Route 25 battling the trainers to prepare for Misty.

025.png

Pikachu Level 19

- Thundershock
- Double Team
- Tail Whip
- Thunder Wave

033.png

Nidorino Level 19

- Double Kick
- Horn Attack
- Leer
- Tackle

017.png

Pidgeotto Level 19

- Gust
- Sand Attack
- Quick Attack

005.png

Charmeleon Level 20

- Ember
- Leer
- Scratch
- Growl

khaozz

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
Today was nothing but a grindfest. Then again, seeing as Koga's ace is Lv. 43, I could use all the EXP I can get. Speaking of levels, Charles finally reached Lv. 36. Hello, bad-ass not-Dragon! Just 10 more levels until you get a Fire move that doesn't suck! Anyway, this would be the point I teach Charles Fly...if he could learn it. Seriously, why can't Charizard learn Fly? Thankfully, Yellow fixed this.

While grinding, I noticed that for some reason, Isabella still didn't have a STAB move. Exactly why is Nidoqueen unable to learn Dig until Gen 3? Anyway, I decided to fix this by visiting Silph Co. early to get the Earthquake TM. After grabbing the TM and teaching it to Isabella (finally, a Ground move!), I left Silph Co. to grind some more. Team Rocket and the plot can wait. I'd rather beat Koga first.

In addition, Rafflesia finally learned Petal Dance, which means that not only does she now have a offensive Grass move that doesn't suck, she also no longer needs to stay unevolved. One Leaf Stone later, hello Vileplume! Yay, fully evolved team! After evolving, I also gave her Body Slam, so she could have yet another move that doesn't suck. Holy crap, her moveset actually looks great now!

After grinding everyone to Lv. 38, I decided that it should (hopefully) be enough for the Gym. Koga, prepare yourself, because I have a Nidoqueen that's really eager to wipe the floor with you! Next time, wrecked Gym, Hell Safari Zone, Surf and Strength TMs, and maybe do stuff in Saffron City.

Current team:
Nikola the Raichu (Lv. 38)
Isabella the Nidoqueen (Lv. 38)
Eric the Snorlax (Lv. 38)
Chelsea the Vaporeon (Lv. 38)
Rafflesia the Vileplume (Lv. 38)
Charles the Charizard (Lv. 38)

Years
This is coming from my Nuzlocke run of Blue
Silver's Pokemon Blue Journal
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
I finally defeated Erika, my team is a little bit overlevelled as I headed to Fuchsia City so I could obtain the good rod and catch a Poliwag, I've been using him in battles on Cycling road and the route to the east of Fuchsia City (although I haven't battled all of them yet)

My team:

Pikachu Lv36
Weepinbell Lv34
Charizard Lv36
Poliwhirl Lv35
Dugtrio Lv36

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I'm doing yet another Nuzlocke in Yellow! So let's get this one started!

After the usual startup sequence, Pikachu became my partner, and it was time to battle my rival, Gary. His Eevee absolutely destroyed my Pikachu, which did not fill me with high hopes about the remainder of this journey. But, putting that behind me, I nicknamed Pikachu "Ender" and headed off to deliver Oak's parcel and get some Poké balls.

With Poké balls in bag, I wandered around a little to catch some Pokémon. My capture on Route 1 was Rose de Nose the Rattata. Route 22 netted me Petra the female Nidoran. And Route 2 was where I found Bean the male Nidoran.

I didn't play much after that. The only thing accomplished was the beginning of Ender's training montage.

Spoiler:

khaozz

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
Damn, Isabella is such a boss! Not only does she tank a Super Effective Psychic from a Hypno the same level as her, but she also OHKOs all of Koga's Pokemon, even scoring a critical hit on his higher leveled Weezing! Soul Badge get, Toxic TM that I'm not using get, and now we can Surf...once I get the HM from the Safari Zone. Unsurprisingly, I fail to catch everything I saw, except for a Rhyhorn. I saw a Tauros and two Chansey flee as I failed to catch them. Oh well, I'll just use the Fight Safari Zone Pokemon Trick to battle them without the Safari Zone BS later. I also skipped all of the items (except the Gold Teeth and HM03 of course), since they weren't worth running out of steps for. Both Chelsea and Eric were taught Surf (Chelsea for STAB and Eric for use with Amnesia). After returning the Gold Teeth to the Warden, I got Strength and taught it to Charles, since he had an open movepool and I got tired of boxing someone just to get an HM user.

With Surf in hand, I backtracked to earlier areas and got some new TMs like Softboiled and Pay Day. Now backtracking to Saffron. I'm probably going to clear the Fighting Dojo and Silph Co. tomorrow. I don't really care which Hitmon I get, since I'm not going to use it anyway. See ya next time!

Current team:
Nikola the Raichu (Lv. 38)
Isabella the Nidoqueen (Lv. 42)
Eric the Snorlax (Lv. 38)
Chelsea the Vaporeon (Lv. 38)
Rafflesia the Vileplume (Lv. 38)
Charles the Charizard (Lv. 38)

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Cleared the two routes above Cerulean city, beat Misty, cleared the route above Vermilion, hit the Pokemon Center, and saved.

Current team:
Wartortle (Level 23)
Nidorina (Level 23)
Parasect (Level 24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back