• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What's the worst anime you've ever seen?

Years
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. The characters are all absolutely awful, especially that freaking MC. That character is the epitome of a boring ass, overpowered Gary Stu. He manages to be the asshole character and boring.

The writing is also crap. It's long-winded, stale and the plot seems to largely ignore themes introduced from the very beginning or otherwise mishandles them.

It's basically everything I hate in a show.

pkmin3033

Mahouka was my second choice, haha. I feel like the show would have been a lot better in its writing if they had taken the time to actually explain why things worked the way they did. A lot of the concepts they only touched upon, and whilst I imagine they're explained fully in the source material...well, that doesn't make the anime any better.

Years
Mahouka was my second choice, haha. I feel like the show would have been a lot better in its writing if they had taken the time to actually explain why things worked the way they did. A lot of the concepts they only touched upon, and whilst I imagine they're explained fully in the source material...well, that doesn't make the anime any better.

Doesn't really save the characters anyway though :/

pkmin3033

Doesn't really save the characters anyway though :/
True, but sometimes the worldbuilding can make up for the poor characterisation I think. Poor characterisation is a common thing anyway in anime because certain archetypes are irrationally popular...like the OP faceless protagonist.

...but yeah, Mahouka didn't have either of those things.

Accel World would have been my third choice. People who think SAO is bad should try watching this, haha.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. The characters are all absolutely awful, especially that freaking MC. That character is the epitome of a boring ass, overpowered Gary Stu. He manages to be the asshole character and boring.

The writing is also crap. It's long-winded, stale and the plot seems to largely ignore themes introduced from the very beginning or otherwise mishandles them.

It's basically everything I hate in a show.
You have no taste :P

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
Mmmm. Honourable mention for the insanity that is Genocyber, I suppose. I've never walked away from from an anime (though I suppose they were moreso OVAs in this case) in such a state of confusion before. Plus the highly graphic content in it is so over the top. Definitely keep a five-mile distance from this rotting pile, lads.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
Years
Probably Zero no Tsukaima. God, I think I watched that in 2012? But it's probably the only anime I didn't enjoy that much. That and I remember not liking Louise very much (is that her name, I don't remember), which is really strange because I have a high tolerance for most character except arrogant ones.

Probably gonna piss off a lot of people, but honorable mention to Konosuba. I really don't like the jokes and I HATE the art style. Could've been Mishima Kurone's lovely style like with Akashic Records, but it wasn't. At least some of the CG was nice. =_=

Back