• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite Character Typing?

Vragon

So we all have pros and cons to our Portaginists in our stories. Along with interests, personality, likes, dislikes, depth (hopefully), skills. and traits.

So what type of character do all of you like to write, or at least what aspects about a written character are you fond of.

Some of characters/traits of character I like are the following:

1) A smart or intellectual character. Basically a person that likes intelligence.

2) Logical ideal. A character that isn't emotionally driven, but mainly relies on logic. reason. and wit.

3) Psychos. Need I say more. (though I will say the funny psychos not the axe murderers in the forest)

4) The shy/nervous type. A character that is kind, but doesn't like attention drawn to himself.

5) The masker. Pretending to be something, but inwards being different. Whether emotional, interests, etc.

6) The smirker. Likes to poke fun and make the other's flustered just to have a laugh and break the ice they feel.

7) The loyal. While not completely robotic, a character that is in its own way, a protector of another.

8) The Dark/Self-lacking. A character that has a darkish persona as in no sense of self will. He doesn't really think for himself but does what others want. Though I also like building a sense of for these types by using other characters.

9) The Burning Pro Gentleman. The sophisticated talker that is a gentleman that can grill you so hard with his words.

So what type of characters/traits so you lot like writing?
If you don't have one, how about just something you would want a character to have. (Interests, situations, dreams, etc.)
Feel free to answer and don't worry about anything being looked down upon. I have some characters I would feel weird saying I liked writing them (foreshadowing), so don't fret about that.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I like the combination of the shy masker which is most like myself (making it the easiest for me to relate to and write about), someone who is kind but prefers not to be the center of attention but puts on a mask and tries their hardest to fit in even if that means betraying their core feelings. I also like the curmudgeon mentor, someone who knows enough about the world to be of use to your characters but still holding enough disdain for you and the rest of its population to hold back and at times not care or just be a complete dick for seemingly no reason until you learn of all the things that make him unhappy with the world. I think I mostly just like using really conflicting personalities since the dynamic they make together can be really fun and interesting. The only things I don't really care for writing would probably be those people who are fully self absorbed believing they know everything and believing they are the best at everything they do to the point of shoving it in your face at any given moment.

Years
I enjoy writing sarcastic characters almost as much as I enjoy being sarcastic. Or maybe it's just because I'm not that good at dialogue and stick to what I know best? I dunno xD

I'm also quite fond of writing murderous lunatics.

Back