• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] New Pokémon Speculation!

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
"Surprise, Bidoof! I bet you thought you saw the last of me..."

Yep, it's back! That obligatory start-of-Generation thread again!

What type of Pokémon do you hope to see in Galar? Which animals or creatures do you hope to see a Pokémon based off of?

I hope to see a Pokémon based off of a Kappa, I know we've had Golduck and the Lotad line, but they've never really explored that concept.

A Tanuki Pokémon (again, I know we have Sentret and Zigzagoon, but again, the concept was never really explored).

A Bobbitt worm (I've been requesting this one for two years now, but it would be really cool).

I also think an exploration into the scrapped Pokémon from the Spaceworld Beta would be nice too.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
With there being so much snow and a colder region, I am hoping for a Snowy Owl line. I love Owls and I'd love for the regional bird to be similar to Talonflame and not being Normal/Flying.

I would say an arctic wolf, but with the legendaries appearing to be wolves. I don't see that happening, but maybe one of the could be part Ice type.

I'd love to see a Black bear line to complete the different types of bears as well.

Even though it in UK and not Canda, I'd love to see a Moose, but they might save that.

Once I get a chance to look at animals native to England, I will probably have a lot more.

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
With there being so much snow and a colder region, I am hoping for a Snowy Owl line. I love Owls and I'd love for the regional bird to be similar to Talonflame and not being Normal/Flying.

I would say an arctic wolf, but with the legendaries appearing to be wolves. I don't see that happening, but maybe one of the could be part Ice type.

I'd love to see a Black bear line to complete the different types of bears as well.

Even though it in UK and not Canda, I'd love to see a Moose, but they might save that.

Once I get a chance to look at animals native to England, I will probably have a lot more.

A moose definitely could be appearing and they are in the UK.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
NEW Pokémon (besides the starters)

How many are you expecting? And for a UK-based region, what kind of designs do you think they might choose?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 29, 2020
Should be deer, fox and badger ones.
Pikaclone will probably cover mouse or squirrel.
Otherwise otters and even a lynx one maybe.
Lynxes are native to the UK, though none now live here.

As for number, probably wont be loads as people say even number gens have less than odd ones.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
A beefy Steel-type based on a horse and a train engine as a reference to the term "iron horse".

Years
going to say about 90. i don't really have any expectations of getting super close to 100 anytime soon, but hey! maybe this generation would pleasantly surprise me, and that's ok too.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
A lot of dragons, honestly, since Dragon folklore is big in the UK.

A unicorn, preferably, of the Fire/Fairy variant or pure Fairy, would be cool. Since I do know one of the mascots in the UK is a Unicorn.

A dolphin PLEASE GOD GIVE A DOLPHIN POKEMON ALREADY. PLEASE.

These are three I really want. We'll see what happens.

As for how many I'm expecting? ~91 to ~106. Honestly, I'm hoping we at least reach the number 900 in the Pokedex, since we usually do get to the next hundredth in terms of Pokedex numbering.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I think all bets are off considering we have a monkey starter in a region based off the UK.

I'm sure there will be some new Pokemon that take influence from the location, but I won't be surprised if we get giraffes or flamingos either.

In terms of number, I'm expecting somewhere between what we got for the previous two games. So somewhere between 70 and 90. Maybe we could get Sinnoh numbers at a stretch. (I think that was around 106 right?)

Last edited:
Years
I mentioned this in another thread but I'll reiterate here, I really hope they go more the route of Hoenn where there's a lot of new Pokemon and only a couple of lines from old generations. Kalos and Alola were both big letdowns in terms of how many new Pokemon were added to the series. It just doesn't feel as exciting for me when there's only 70 or so new ones. Numbers closer to Hoenn and Sinnoh would be fantastic. As far as specifics, I'm open to anything to be honest. I have nothing particular in mind.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I really, really want to see evolutions for past gen Pokemon. Particularly weaker Pokemon, like Farfetch'd and Qwilfish.

I'd also like to see a Pokemon based on a dolphin.

If we get new fossils, I want to see one of them based on a triceratops. Maybe make it Rock/Electric?

If we get a new Eeveelution, I'd like to see a Dragon type one.

A Pokemon based on an Indian elephant would also be nice. I know we already have an elephant, and it's the Phanpy line, but African and Indian elephants are two different species of animals. And I think Phanpy and Donphan are based off of African elephants. So let's go for an Indian elephant.

I agree that some Pokemon from the Space World demo could be revisited.

I don't want to see a new Pikaclone. Instead, I'd like an evolution for an existing Pikaclone.

Also, no more Ultra Beasts. Please.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
Peppered Moth as the regional bug. Bonus points if it has a different appearance (white or black) depending on where you caught it.

Big Bear Lake

Nothing but the bare essentials
Years
I wonder if there will be a blacksmith Pokemon? Probably a steel type. There's so much potential for medieval themes because of the UK's rich history. I wouldn't be surprised if Pawniard and Bisharp lare native to Galar. Would they go all out and have complete a chessboard with Pokemon that represented each piece?

I loved the Alolan Forms so I wouldn't mind if there were some new varieties of existing Pokemon too.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Like every gen, I hope for a pancake Pokémon with a split evolution into a stack of pancakes or a waffle.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Squirrels! Foxes!

I'm expecting a lot of Dragon/Draconic legendary Pokémon too considering all the dragons in English folklore! I'm really excited to see what comes of this for sure.

I'd also love to see past Pokémon gettin evos, Kalos and Alola make me miss that. Unless there's a new form mechanic these games I really want to see 100+ new 'mons to be honest. There's so many ideas that could be done here.

It would be amazing to see mallard ducks, magpies... also I'd love to see a Pokémon based on Dandelions?

Back