• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Female Protagonist!

Best Female Protagonist!

• Total voters

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Leaf, although Serena gives her a run for her money. And I actually cosplay more frequently as Serena (wardrobe malfunction with my Leaf cosplay :/) .

As an aside, I totally ship Leaf and Serena xD

Years
I love May because of how she was portrayed in the anime, and Serena for her adorable attire and cute personality. Serena probably takes #1 at this point.. she's just too perfect of a protagonist, and I find myself very similar to her!

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I didn't thought of the anime but only for the game and my vote goes for Kris for nostalgia effects.

I really like Hilda too, mostly because Black/white serie are the games I played the most after gen 1 and 2.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm going by the game versions, and as they lack personalities, design is all I can judge them for. Lyra and Moon look amazing <3 most others don't c: imo!

xXLunaSolXx

Kris is pretty cool. She has the best design out of all female playable characters and I like her better than Lyra, maybe because Kris is more nostalgic to me? I don't know. xD

I like Serena too. I didn't liked X and Y, but the girl character wasn't too shabby.

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
Years
Mine would be Rosa, simply because of the bond we shared during the immense number of multi battles we played together as a team in the subway train. you people remember that, right? So Yeah. I still wish she returns as a game character:-)

Years
I only know Dawn and May honestly. Despite having played almost all of the games, I have no idea what the canon names for the female protagonists are!

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Since Protagonist hardly has any personality in the game, I have to decide though their design.
Design-wise , May and Rosa are the two Best female protagonist.
In fact , I regret that Ash lost all his chance with May and there isn't a single girl as attractive as May for Ash.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
Going by character designs, I think May & Dawn are the best, although I don't really dislike the others either, except for maybe Moon, she could have been better.

Pika Pika :chu:

Guest123123

Going by default appearance, Rosa. But Serena and Moon might possibly win for me if customization can be counted, since you can make their hair, outfit, etc. however you want.

Just going by default appearance:
1. Rosa
2. May
3. Dawn (May and Dawn are basically a tie)
4. Serena
5. Kris
6. Moon
7. Leaf
8. Hilda
9. Lyra

Guest123_x1

Kind of hard for me to narrow down my choices, but Kris, Leaf, Dawn, Hilda, Serena, and Moon are all so cute.

Lobotronix

mhm!
Years
Kris needs more love. She was the first female protagonist after all. You rarely see her in fanart and stuff.
Design-wise there's really no female protagonist that I dislike.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I've only played Gen III-V which limits my options but I guess I'll go like this:

1. Hilda / Leaf
2. May
3. Dawn
4. Lyra

Hilda / Leaf win for not being irritating side-characters. Also I quite like the designs of both Gen V protagonists. May is 2nd both for nostalgia and being battle-able, I actually don't hate her Pokémon choices. Dawn just pips out Lyra as they're both irritating side-characters but I enjoy double battles and Dawn provides at least two of those if memory serves correctly (even if one of them is for the dumbest reasons).

Back