• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
so its night in the game but i dont see team rocket in the town , where exactly in the town ?
Here, there will be a cut scene.
-----

when i talk to the man in front of the pc in the pokecentre at silversky forest, the game freeze...
Fixed
how to elvove eevee to umbreon, espeon or sylveon? if i evolve eevee in the later part of the game, will it miss some good moves?
That will be later on in the game in Pokewood City. I edited its movepool to cater to its evolutions.
----------
Sorry about all these random mini bugs. I will be releasing a fixed bugfree beta with none of these random mini bugs.
I'm so confused how that man in Silversky freezes. I never touched his script since the first day I made it and it worked then.

Stay tuned! It will be called 2.4!

Granddaddy Purp

Hero Of Time
Years
im new to ups patching, i have a fire red 1.0 rom from emu paradise and when i patch it, it says the input checksum is invalid o.O

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
52c695be738da.png

its doesnt night in my game , it just more black , and after nothing happend

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
Hello FrozenInfernoZX I want to know when will this hack get completed.Sorry if anyone else asked but I am new here

Granddaddy Purp

Hero Of Time
Years
Try another 1.0 rom, if the problem persists then I'll try to figure out the process and problem.
Sometimes there are bad roms.

its working :)

when i got to the first town after the route, i couldnt do anything but warp to a pkmn center (im sure its a bug) and then i walk out and go down and a youngster joey event occurs. from this point i havent gotten my pokemon and whenever i go into battle i automatically lose.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
52c695be738da.png

its doesnt night in my game , it just more black , and after nothing happend
This game requires to have RTC enabled on your emulator in order for time based events to run.
That script occurs only in the day. The night script is the Joey/Rocket event.
Go to a Pokemon Center. Save your game. Enable RTC. Completely exit your emulator and then restart the game.

Hello FrozenInfernoZX I want to know when will this hack get completed.Sorry if anyone else asked but I am new here
Sometime in late 2014.
its working :)
when i got to the first town after the route, i couldnt do anything but warp to a pkmn center (im sure its a bug) and then i walk out and go down and a youngster joey event occurs. from this point i havent gotten my pokemon and whenever i go into battle i automatically lose.
It's not a bug, it was a leftover beta warp that I needed to fix a bug.
Also, you need to find an item to give to the grumpy neighbor. Look around for it.
Download beta 2.4, I just released it.
----------
Beta 2.4 is out now. There should be no more early on bugs. I concentrated most of my energy in testing the later portion of the game to the point that I paid not as much attention to the earlier portion. When you download 2.4, if you have just started your game, please start with a new save file, thanks.

Last edited:

Granddaddy Purp

Hero Of Time
Years
It's not a bug, it was a leftover beta warp that I needed to fix a bug.
Also, you need to find an item to give to the grumpy neighbor. Look around for it.
Download beta 2.4, I just released it.
----------
Beta 2.4 is out now. There should be no more early on bugs. I concentrated most of my energy in testing the later portion of the game to the point that I paid not as much attention to the earlier portion. When you download 2.4, if you have just started your game, please start with a new save file, thanks.
[/QUOTE]

ok ill look around for it. and i am playing 2.4

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Everything seems normal now (I hope, haha). Here's a recap.
Beta 2.3's, very first var event script somehow got replaced with a random script that I had created recently. I don't even know how that's possible, but yeah. After a series of bugfixes, I came out with beta 2.4.

This is why it is mandatory to restart for 2.4. That particular flag and var needs to be properly cleared.

And if you're lucky enough to somehow catch Suicune, LOL. It will not break your game!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
This game requires to have RTC enabled on your emulator in order for time based events to run.
That script occurs only in the day. The night script is the Joey/Rocket event.
Go to a Pokemon Center. Save your game. Enable RTC. Completely exit your emulator and then restart the game.

[/FONT][/SIZE]

thank you !!! you help me a lot !

Granddaddy Purp

Hero Of Time
Years
Everything seems normal now (I hope, haha). Here's a recap.
Beta 2.3's, very first var event script somehow got replaced with a random script that I had created recently. I don't even know how that's possible, but yeah. After a series of bugfixes, I came out with beta 2.4.

This is why it is mandatory to restart for 2.4. That particular flag and var needs to be properly cleared.

And if you're lucky enough to somehow catch Suicune, LOL. It will not break your game!

will you release wild pokemon lists?

Ace_Master_of_Turtles

Just that spriting guy
Years
Thanks! We'll definitely make a great team! Graphics are a thing that can be periodically updated! So don't rush your awesome sprites! Yeah. I know what you mean by the music. I was aiming for a "retro-y" feeling for the game since I loved the GBC 2nd generation games and for the nostalgia! It was intended. I also tried to give this feeling with the palette edit of the wild grass battle background. I'll eventually entirely overhaul the battle backgrounds in beta 3.

I mainly used zortac's Crystal Kanto Music Patch because I loved the simplistic music cheerful chimes of the second generation (something that 3rd gen and onward no longer have, in my opinion) and I wanted to bring it back in this rom hack.

----------
Now with 2.3 out of the way, it's time for 3.0! Beta 3 will progress up to the Taejo League! And regional borderline Peacemaker City of Seijo!
And once more, I will update the graphics of the game little by little. There will be improvements in other places as well.

Yeah I could probably port some GBC music and remix it for you ( but in that simple retro-y way you were talking about ) as i have been learning music insertion as well as composing ;)

EDIT:
I waned to say all the cool things in the hack, besides some music most did sound good and had that retro-y feel you were talking about. SO MUCH ATTENTION TO DETAIL. Weather and DNS. YOUNGSTER. JOEY.
The fact that you used new tiles that look AWESOME. and more i just need to play more to find out :P

EDIT 2: BUGS
MINOR
When walking from the route above your home town and walking back to your hometown will make the snow turn pitch black and randomly fixes itself
Sanstorm in Oaks lab XD
MAJOR :(
That guard that someone was talking about is blocking the door into the park and he indeed does feeze your game :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
question, you say you no longer need to create new save files, is that for this beta or will it be for beta 3

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Yeah I could probably port some GBC music and remix it for you ( but in that simple retro-y way you were talking about ) as i have been learning music insertion as well as composing ;)

EDIT:
I waned to say all the cool things in the hack, besides some music most did sound good and had that retro-y feel you were talking about. SO MUCH ATTENTION TO DETAIL. Weather and DNS. YOUNGSTER. JOEY.
The fact that you used new tiles that look AWESOME. and more i just need to play more to find out :P

EDIT 2: BUGS
MINOR
When walking from the route above your home town and walking back to your hometown will make the snow turn pitch black and randomly fixes itself
Sanstorm in Oaks lab XD
MAJOR :(
That guard that someone was talking about is blocking the door into the park and he indeed does feeze your game :/
That sandstorm that happens in Oaks lab somehow replaced my "Oak is not here script!" That was very weird. Since that sets flags and vars, it led to other bugs. I fixed it in beta 2.4!
question, you say you no longer need to create new save files, is that for this beta or will it be for beta 3
Create a new save file for this game, then you're good to go!

Back