• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bottling Powders?

zephyr6257

Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)
Years
Wouldn't it be cool in Gen VI if you could purchase spray bottles filled with sleep powder, poison powder, etc?

That way, you don't have to bring your Pokémon who inflict status ailments, thus an extra slot for a cooler/stronger Pokémon?

My theory is, if you can wake up a Pokémon with Awakening, or even heal a poisoned Pokémon with Antidotes, can't you do the reverse?

That would be cool.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
That seems kind of cruel to me. It's one thing for a Pokémon to poison another, but a trainer? Haven't you learned anything from N? :(

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Wouldn't it be cool in Gen VI if you could purchase spray bottles filled with sleep powder, poison powder, etc?

That way, you don't have to bring your Pokémon who inflict status ailments, thus an extra slot for a cooler/stronger Pokémon?

My theory is, if you can wake up a Pokémon with Awakening, or even heal a poisoned Pokémon with Antidotes, can't you do the reverse?

That would be cool.

As Patchisou said, that's downright cruel. Why would you status your own Pokemon manually? That's pointless, IMO.

On a random note, the Toxic and Flame Orbs, which are similar items to what you described (by inflicting the holder with Toxic poison or burn respectively), were designed to activate Guts, Quick Feet and Poison Heal.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
^Couldnt the items be Fling- based, like, you give them to your Poké and they use a Fling move to cause the effect on the other Pokemon, but if your Poké held it for too long they'd get the effect? Or maybe there could be a gimmick Pokemon or ability that transfers the effect of the item to the opponent. The item could be, like, a one-use sort of thing.

But spray stuff that the Trainer uses on the opponent's team? NO. Just...no.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Some of them saw that...the only issue is they aren't on your side of the field so how would you spray them?

Only way that could work is with a custom attack or make them into throwing items, but then again the only throwing items you can use on opponent Pokemon is Pokeball which is magically blocked. They could block the spray as well.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
NOOOO, you guys got it all wrong. >.> I meant it as in, spraying your opponent Pokémon. :l

So it could only be used on another trainer's Pokemon? I think that'd be worse. That would be like if someone poisoned my cat. Isn't it worse to do something like that to something that is loved by someone rather than just one in the wild that is posing harm to you? I don't know how everyone is "getting it wrong" really. How else are we supposed to get it? Wild Pokemon or not, it still seems cruel to spray poison or something on someone else's Pokemon. /N speech

zephyr6257

Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)
Years
So it could only be used on another trainer's Pokemon? I think that'd be worse. That would be like if someone poisoned my cat. Isn't it worse to do something like that to something that is loved by someone rather than just one in the wild that is posing harm to you? I don't know how everyone is "getting it wrong" really. How else are we supposed to get it? Wild Pokemon or not, it still seems cruel to spray poison or something on someone else's Pokemon. /N speech

But then, why the heck can you use Poisonpowder, or Stun Spore, or Sleep Powder with your Pokémon? Isn't it the same thing?

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
It would be cool I guess for battling purposes, but I wouldn't portray it as fair play. It is pretty cruel as others have mentioned.

Back