• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
this is more of a pc problem than a hack problem, but i cant use advancedtext because mcafee detects it as a virus and deletes the executable. my mom is the admin of my computer, and i doubt she will give me the password to remove the only antivirus this computer has. and thingy32 is too tedious. what do???

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
this is more of a pc problem than a hack problem, but i cant use advancedtext because mcafee detects it as a virus and deletes the executable. my mom is the admin of my computer, and i doubt she will give me the password to remove the only antivirus this computer has. and thingy32 is too tedious. what do???

I always turn of McFee for the period I use programs it likes to delete. I have never needed a password to do a temporary turn off. Unfortunately, there is no "safe-list" that you can put files on that you don't want deleted (which is quite unfortunate). Over the summer, I built my own PC from spare parts of my friend's computer building and run all of my hacking stuff offline on it. The PC itself cost me 20 bucks and runs like the Flash:p. So, if you are decent with technology, that is an option.

Another option is to try and use XSE. Use a hex editor, like thingy, to find your text, and then go to the offset of said text and you may be able to edit it in XSE. Never tried it myself, but it could work.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Yeah i do it in xse all the time. Just type
= message.

Then compile and boom! You inserted text without the need of a whole script.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
When I use NTME for my indexed sprite, when I open it it says "Run Time Error" and a bunch of numbers. Then it closes my NTME. Can somebody tell me how to fix this?

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2023
I have a new error arising in my hack - I removed the truck animation at the beginning of Emerald, but now when I warp out of the truck, all of my movements, as well as many oddly background animations, are slowed to something like half or quarter speed.

Oddly enough, putting any sort of level script in the warped-to map fixes the problem on that map, but as soon as I enter a map which has no level scripts again, everything slows down.
Thoughts?

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
@kearnsneyboy6
It happens when you import an ow without repointing. Just importing and saving corrupts the frame loader.

I repointed each of the frame images to 900000 for frame 0, 900100 for frame 1 etc for all 9 frames. I changes the pointers at the images location. But it still has the same problem with scripts. Or was repointing the images not the problem?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Okay I have some questions!

1) We all know that Mastermind_X made an ASM Code to create unlimited shinies but, how do we make it so that the Player will NEVER EVER encounter a shiny?

1.5) On a side note, how do I use the Shinyzer? I already inserted the ASM it gives on an Emerald ROM and the tool said "ROM patched successfully." but after it and testing out the game, Surprise, Surprise! No shinies. Am I missing something here? Do I have to compile a script or something?

2) I'm trying to compile this script:
Code:
#dynamic 0x750000

#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x1
if 0x1 goto @ka
checkflag 0x2
if 0x1 goto @fuu
checkflag 0x3
if 0x1 goto @rai
checkflag 0x4
if 0x1 goto @do
checkflag 0x5
if 0x1 goto @sui
release
end

#org @ka
warp 0x3 0x1 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

#org @fuu
warp 0x3 0x2 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

#org @rai
warp 0x3 0x3 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

#org @do
warp 0x3 0x4 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

#org @sui
warp 0x3 0x5 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

It should warp to a map according to the flag set but it doesn't work. That is originally made for a Signpost event but it didn't work. I tried setting it on a Script Event, didn't work, again. (Note: Of course I set the Var Thingies on the Script Event!) And I tried it on a Person Event but it didn't work either. What's wrong?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

1) We all know that Mastermind_X made an ASM Code to create unlimited shinies but, how do we make it so that the Player will NEVER EVER encounter a shiny?

1.5) On a side note, how do I use the Shinyzer? I already inserted the ASM it gives on an Emerald ROM and the tool said "ROM patched successfully." but after it and testing out the game, Surprise, Surprise! No shinies. Am I missing something here? Do I have to compile a script or something?

Spoiler:

It should warp to a map according to the flag set but it doesn't work. That is originally made for a Signpost event but it didn't work. I tried setting it on a Script Event, didn't work, again. (Note: Of course I set the Var Thingies on the Script Event!) And I tried it on a Person Event but it didn't work either. What's wrong?

1. No idea.
1.5. Make a script to activate it.
Spoiler:

2. Try changing the flags that you are checking. I believe those flags you are using are automatically being restarted by the ROM.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2022
Having problems with unLZ, I've got my sprites indexed 64x64 with 16 colors, but when I try to write to ROM they don't transfer over and it just messed up the palette of the ingame sprite it was supposed to overwrite instead, like so. I even tried just saving default sprites like Venusaur and then overwriting another sprite with it, but it did the same thing. Pretty common problem I assume. Tips?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
1. No idea.
1.5. Make a script to activate it.
Spoiler:

2. Try changing the flags that you are checking. I believe those flags you are using are automatically being restarted by the ROM.

1) Okay.
1.5) Okay.
2) What?! Even if I'm using JPAN's Engine?!

Having problems with unLZ, I've got my sprites indexed 64x64 with 16 colors, but when I try to write to ROM they don't transfer over and it just messed up the palette of the ingame sprite it was supposed to overwrite instead, like so. I even tried just saving default sprites like Venusaur and then overwriting another sprite with it, but it did the same thing. Tips?

Like what I said to the other guy who asked that, use Wichu's Sprite Editor Instead, it automatically indexes and fixes everything for you.

And since a page has passed, I would like to "re-ask" my questions.

Code:
#dynamic 0x750000

#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x1
if 0x1 goto @ka
checkflag 0x2
if 0x1 goto @fuu
checkflag 0x3
if 0x1 goto @rai
checkflag 0x4
if 0x1 goto @do
checkflag 0x5
if 0x1 goto @sui
release
end

#org @ka
warp 0x3 0x1 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

#org @fuu
warp 0x3 0x2 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

#org @rai
warp 0x3 0x3 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

#org @do
warp 0x3 0x4 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

#org @sui
warp 0x3 0x5 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

Destinedjagold said the game auto-resets the flags I used but, I was like "Really?!" Even if I use JPAN's Engine.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
1.5) Can you link me to it?

It's in HackMew's Tool Thread.

2) What?! Even if I'm using JPAN's Engine?!

That I am not sure. I don't hack FireRed, but those types of flags are used by the game for rock smashable rocks, cuttable trees, etc. At least, in Ruby they are.

Having problems with unLZ, I've got my sprites indexed 64x64 with 16 colors, but when I try to write to ROM they don't transfer over and it just messed up the palette of the ingame sprite it was supposed to overwrite instead, like so. I even tried just saving default sprites like Venusaur and then overwriting another sprite with it, but it did the same thing. Pretty common problem I assume. Tips?

Close Unlz-GBA, go to your ROM's folder, and delete the files with the .spr and .pal extensions.
And then open your ROM with Unlz-GBA once again.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2022
Like what I said to the other guy who asked that, use Wichu's Sprite Editor Instead, it automatically indexes and fixes everything for you.

Works beautifully, thanks buddy.

Close Unlz-GBA, go to your ROM's folder, and delete the files with the .spr and .pal extensions.
And then open your ROM with Unlz-GBA once again.

Cool, I'll save this for future reference, thanks man.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019

Hmm maybe if you NEVER want to encounter them you could replace all shiny sprites with regular. Tedious but I guess it'll work

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hmm maybe if you NEVER want to encounter them you could replace all shiny sprites with regular. Tedious but I guess it'll work

Yes the sprites would change but the sparkles that appear on shinies will still appear. Thanks for your opinion though.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
You could always edit the images in UnLz, just have no clue where they are.

Nononononoooo! Have you seen a shiny yet in game? There some features that only appear on shinies so even editing the sprites but not modifying the engine and still encountering shinies even if they look normal, several things and events occur. Okay, bye! Gotta go!

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Nononononoooo! Have you seen a shiny yet in game? There some features that only appear on shinies so even editing the sprites but not modifying the engine and still encountering shinies even if they look normal, several things and events occur. Okay, bye! Gotta go!

Why can't you just make the stars transparent. and that way with the sprite as normal nothing changes

karatekid552

Years
Yes the sprites would change but the sparkles that appear on shinies will still appear. Thanks for your opinion though.

Well, you simply eliminate the checks for shiny pokemon. In my research, I came across the palette loader for shinies. After some crazy calculations on the PID:p, it simply compares the output to 7. If less than, it loads the shiny palettet, if not, it loads the regular palette. I'm sure similar routines are used to load the stars and such. If you change those checks to "nop", then it should never use them and no shiny should ever appear.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Well, you simply eliminate the checks for shiny pokemon. In my research, I came across the palette loader for shinies. After some crazy calculations on the PID:p, it simply compares the output to 7. If less than, it loads the shiny palettet, if not, it loads the regular palette. I'm sure similar routines are used to load the stars and such. If you change those checks to "nop", then it should never use them and no shiny should ever appear.

Oh hey it's karatekid552! About that, where could those checks be?

And about this:
Code:
#dynamic 0x750000

#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x1
if 0x1 goto @ka
checkflag 0x2
if 0x1 goto @fuu
checkflag 0x3
if 0x1 goto @rai
checkflag 0x4
if 0x1 goto @do
checkflag 0x5
if 0x1 goto @sui
release
end

#org @ka
warp 0x3 0x1 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

#org @fuu
warp 0x3 0x2 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

#org @rai
warp 0x3 0x3 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

#org @do
warp 0x3 0x4 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

#org @sui
warp 0x3 0x5 0x1 0xC 0xC
release
end

Is what destinedjagold said right, which is "2. Try changing the flags that you are checking. I believe those flags you are using are automatically being restarted by the ROM."?

And I'm using JAPN's FR Engine.

karatekid552

Years
Oh hey it's karatekid552! About that, where could those checks be?

And about this:

Is what destinedjagold said right, which is "2. Try changing the flags that you are checking. I believe those flags you are using are automatically being restarted by the ROM."?

And I'm using JAPN's FR Engine.

One of the checks is in the routine at 0x440F4. You will need to use ASM to find the others.

Flag 0x1.....-_- You need to start checking the lists from DavidJCobb. That flag is sooo temporary, I could sneeze and it would have problems staying set and JPAN's engine doesn't add any more safe flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back