• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jan 25, 2021
Guys i need some help, idk if the battle frontier demo is viewed as a gba file cause my boy emulator and retroarch on my phone cant detect it

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
You have to patch the original Fire Red ROM with the file that your emulators don't detect. There are various guides for that. You can even do it on your Android device.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 21, 2020
Any tips?? :/

Edit: saved me with wall hack.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200208_005201_com.fastemulator.gba.jpg
    Screenshot_20200208_005201_com.fastemulator.gba.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Hi there

May I request toning down the AI for the Battle Frontier Demo? The hax is very real and it is really annoying to build up streaks when every AI plays like a Frontier Brain. I can understand making the game more difficult or every fight challenging, but in a game with sole purpose of reaching high streak, it would be nice if the AI doesn't try too hard to break your streak as early as the first 10 fights.

I'm not knowledgable with hacking, so if it's easy to tick a different AI set or something and someone else besides the author is willing to do it, please do so and release a separate patch. Thank you so much.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Oct 21, 2020
Best project ever! Hope it gets finished

True!! This hack is also one of the most anticipated

By the way, I am not sure if this is a bug in the game or bug in my emulator, but last week, before I am going to continue to 92nd match in multi battle (No Restrictions), the game was suddenly frozen after the opponents entered the room. I am not using any cheats, my speed is at 8x (I think this might be the problem since the game is always laggy even with 1.5x speed, but less laggy, however, it is the first time this happened). Luckily I was able to save before the game crashed, and is now on the 692nd fight.
What could be the problem I experienced? Is it a bug? Thanks

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
Not sure if you answered this already but will we be able to transfer the shiny eevee to the main game?
You actually could, if you wanted to. You'd just need to trade it over using the Pokemon Centre at the bottom of the Frontier.

May I request toning down the AI for the Battle Frontier Demo? The hax is very real and it is really annoying to build up streaks when every AI plays like a Frontier Brain. I can understand making the game more difficult or every fight challenging, but in a game with sole purpose of reaching high streak, it would be nice if the AI doesn't try too hard to break your streak as early as the first 10 fights.
If you're having difficulty in the first few fights, I recommend fighting in the Standard tier. The battles start out easy in that tier, so you can use it to work your way up. Additionally, you could also play in the Battle Sands to gain BP and buy better Pokemon.

For me, and some others, we find it more interesting to use a permanent Ultra Necrozma, the one that doesn't need to go from the transformation of Dawn Necrozma or Dusk Necrozma, because most of us would want to have just the Dawn/Dusk Necrozma and another Necrozma in its ultra form. Although I am not sure if you are just doing it in the battle frontier, and I am also NOT forcing you to do this, just that it is more appreciated if you do so, and I understand that it is the right thing, and I am just asking this if it is still possible
I'm sorry, but this isn't possible. Ultra Necrozma is set up to used like it's official counterpart. Games that treat things like Ultra Burst and Mega Evolutions as regular evolution, usually do it because they don't have the capability of doing it properly.

I would just like to suggest putting a difficulty settings in the battle frontier, as it is quite easy to gain atleast 800 BP for a day in almost any battle tier in any battle facilities, but again, just a suggestion
The amount of BP you gain is similar to what you could earn in the Battle Tree in USUM. It's okay if you get a lot of BP every day. There are things in the new version that cost BP to do, so if you're worried about having too much, I recommend spending some in the new version!

And one question, is Z-move available in the main game??? Because how you did it is nonetheless super great.

Sorry for the trouble, but I really am surprised by this hack that it has all what I wanted in a game of pokemon, so thank you so much for all of your work and game.
But please disregard these suggestions if it can't possibly be added or done by any means or you don't want it
Patiently waiting for this incredibly amazing hack!!!!! Best luck to you and your team!
Of course. And thank you for your support!

Best project ever! Hope it gets finished
Thank you!

True!! This hack is also one of the most anticipated

By the way, I am not sure if this is a bug in the game or bug in my emulator, but last week, before I am going to continue to 92nd match in multi battle (No Restrictions), the game was suddenly frozen after the opponents entered the room. I am not using any cheats, my speed is at 8x (I think this might be the problem since the game is always laggy even with 1.5x speed, but less laggy, however, it is the first time this happened). Luckily I was able to save before the game crashed, and is now on the 692nd fight.
What could be the problem I experienced? Is it a bug? Thanks
Thank you! I'm not sure why the game could've crashed. No one has ever reported a similar bug before. If the battle were before a special Trainer I could see why maybe there could be a bug, but before a regular Trainer I have no idea. But thank you for reporting it, anyway! And that's amazing that you got that far in the multi battles!

UPDATE

v1.4.0 of the Battle Frontier Demo is out! This update's been a long time coming, and it's probably the biggest single update to date. But as this is the first real update in a while, there are sure to be many small bugs that were missed during testing. Make sure to read the updated readme before playing! The documentation (posted above) has also been updated with the latest details.
This version includes:
• Gen 8 battle mechanics!
• More items are available in the prize shop, including new Gen 8 items!
• 64 new Move Tutors have been added!
• More battle songs have been added, and the Battle Circus theme has been redone!
• The Options Menu has been fully upgraded (see the documentation for details)!
• No Restrictions in any facility allows you to Dynamax your Pokemon!
• The Battle Tower has the new Dynamax Standard tier!
• The Battle Sands has two new Dynamax tiers!
• The Battle Mine now supports the occasional Dynamaxing!
• The Battle Circus has two new Dynamax tiers and new Mist, Safeguard, & Dynamax effects!
• The Nature changer now costs 50 BP instead of 75 BP!
• Raid Battles and the Safari Zone can now be accessed daily!
• The Pokedex is given out, so aim for completion!
• Fixed and improved many move animations!
• Many bug fixes!

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Oct 21, 2020
UPDATE

v1.4.0 of the Battle Frontier Demo is out! This update's been a long time coming, and it's probably the biggest single update to date. But as this is the first real update in a while, there are sure to be many small bugs that were missed during testing. Make sure to read the updated readme before playing! The documentation (posted above) has also been updated with the latest details.
This version includes:
• More battle songs have been added, and the Battle Circus theme has been redone!
• The Battle Circus has two new Dynamax tiers and new Mist, Safeguard, & Dynamax effects!
• Many bug fixes!
YEESSS!! I am more happy than I could say about this!
I even loved the idea of PokeDex more because it adds the thrill

Gonna share this to my friends to download the newer version. Thank you for all of these Skeli and your team

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 1, 2020
You actually could, if you wanted to. You'd just need to trade it over using the Pokemon Centre at the bottom of the Frontier.

If you're having difficulty in the first few fights, I recommend fighting in the Standard tier. The battles start out easy in that tier, so you can use it to work your way up. Additionally, you could also play in the Battle Sands to gain BP and buy better Pokemon.

I'm sorry, but this isn't possible. Ultra Necrozma is set up to used like it's official counterpart. Games that treat things like Ultra Burst and Mega Evolutions as regular evolution, usually do it because they don't have the capability of doing it properly.

The amount of BP you gain is similar to what you could earn in the Battle Tree in USUM. It's okay if you get a lot of BP every day. There are things in the new version that cost BP to do, so if you're worried about having too much, I recommend spending some in the new version!

Of course. And thank you for your support!

Thank you!

Thank you! I'm not sure why the game could've crashed. No one has ever reported a similar bug before. If the battle were before a special Trainer I could see why maybe there could be a bug, but before a regular Trainer I have no idea. But thank you for reporting it, anyway! And that's amazing that you got that far in the multi battles!

UPDATE

This version includes:
• Many bug fixes!

I made an account here just to follow your hack and I must say you continue to impress me with your work! Not only doing an amazing hack but also creating a new engine for other hackers to use is truly wonderful. I can't wait to see what you have in store for the full game.

Now, on the chance of sounding greedy, I have one suggestion to make:

You know that the Battle Tent in Slateport City is basically the Battle Factory on the 4th Gen Battle Frontier, right? Have you ever considered porting it to FR - provided it's possible, of course - to make a 5th facility for your game?

Anyway, regardless of that, I wish the best of luck in continuing this amazing game! ^_^

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
YEESSS!! I am more happy than I could say about this!
I even loved the idea of PokeDex more because it adds the thrill

Gonna share this to my friends to download the newer version. Thank you for all of these Skeli and your team
Thank you! And since you posted your message before 2:30 PM GMT, you may need to redownload. There was a gamebreaking bug with some Z-Move animations that I patched around that time.

I made an account here just to follow your hack and I must say you continue to impress me with your work! Not only doing an amazing hack but also creating a new engine for other hackers to use is truly wonderful. I can't wait to see what you have in store for the full game.

Now, on the chance of sounding greedy, I have one suggestion to make:

You know that the Battle Tent in Slateport City is basically the Battle Factory on the 4th Gen Battle Frontier, right? Have you ever considered porting it to FR - provided it's possible, of course - to make a 5th facility for your game?

Anyway, regardless of that, I wish the best of luck in continuing this amazing game! ^_^
Thank you for your support! I don't plan on implementing any more battle facilities at least until the game is done, but I can take that request into consideration! It wouldn't be too difficult to pull off.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 31, 2020
This legend!! I'm not much of a frontier person but I follow the updates closely and it has me so excited for when the game is released! Keep it up skeli, this Rom hack will be one for the books for sure! Keep at it.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Oct 21, 2020
Hello there

I am again not sure if this is a bug, but the animation of Max-Hailstorm seems to be glitching most of the time, see here:
Screenshot_2020-03-26-16-06-19.png

Another thing, I can't seem to dynamax my pokemons in Multi Battle, No Restrictions, even if the pokemon does not have a mega stone, while my partner's and opponents' pokemons can dynamax theirs, should I completely have no pokemons in my team that can mega?

Also, about the bug I reported that occured in 92nd match, I am sorry that I couldn't provide any other info other than it was in the Battle Tower, and I think it is not right after a special trainer since they appear every 10 matches right?? Thanks, and sorry for trouble

Last edited:

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
I am again not sure if this is a bug, but the animation of Max-Hailstorm seems to be glitching most of the time, see here:

Another thing, I can't seem to dynamax my pokemons in Multi Battle, No Restrictions, even if the pokemon does not have a mega stone, while my partner's and opponents' pokemons can dynamax theirs, should I completely have no pokemons in my team that can mega?

Also, about the bug I reported that occured in 92nd match, I am sorry that I couldn't provide any other info other than it was in the Battle Tower, and I think it is not right after a special trainer since they appear every 10 matches right?? Thanks, and sorry for trouble
That is definitely a bug. The snowballs are too big for their graphics to load properly in doubles sometimes. Pokemon can't Dynamax if they're holding a Mega Stone, a Z-Crystal, or a Primal Orb. Are the Pokemon on your team holding one of these items? Yeah, special Trainers only appear once every 10 matches, so that couldn't be the issue.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
This legend!! I'm not much of a frontier person but I follow the updates closely and it has me so excited for when the game is released! Keep it up skeli, this Rom hack will be one for the books for sure! Keep at it.
Thank you for your support! I will!

Fantastic news on the update, can't wait to play.
Thank you!

That is definitely a bug. The snowballs are too big for their graphics to load properly in doubles sometimes. Pokemon can't Dynamax if they're holding a Mega Stone, a Z-Crystal, or a Primal Orb. Are the Pokemon on your team holding one of these items? Yeah, special Trainers only appear once every 10 matches, so that couldn't be the issue.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Oct 21, 2020
Are the Pokemon on your team holding one of these items? .

Only one. Shiny Rayquaza is the only one who has Mega, while Arceus does not have but it still can't be dynamaxed. Should I have a team with completely no megas or Z-Crystals in order to be able to access the dynamax??

And one last thing, how to access Raid Battles and the empty Pokemon Den? Thanks and I am really really sorry for troubling you

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Feb 1, 2021
Hey there, just download the new version. Really looking forward to play the complete version, especially after I see the Dexnav and Story mode in the option part :)

Back