• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Ouendan in japanese is definitely fun and its not really language based so you have no problem playing it. Another alternative is to find games that are patched, for example.. tales of innocence never got brought over but there is a fanmade english patch. Totally worth it and not illegal ; 3

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Hmm, my 3DS does the exact same thing. I don't bother wiping it because they come back. I think whenever I get Fire Emblem and Pokemon X then I'll actually clean.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I had two but I got unlucky with BOTH of them, so I only have a screen protector for the bottom screen. Although...I did buy another one recently. Third time's the charm, I suppose? I'm gonna try it after a hot shower so no air or dust will come in. That is, if I don't forget about it today, again.

Region locking is my biggest gripe with the 3DS, too. But as of now, there is pretty much no Japanese-only game that I want, so I'm loving the system.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Yea, maybe I should consider a screen protector for it. What color did you guys pick for your 3DS?

Mine's red.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Launch day (Europe) Aqua Blue. Would have preferred purple, but I got to play the best game ever in a GREAT screen (Wario Land 4) as an ambassador so it more than makes up for it. That, and Aqua Blue is the next best one imo. Don't like all other colors, unfortunately.

I might invest in a white 3DS XL later however. That larger screen is soo tempting.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I waited for the Red version and once it was out I definitely went ahead and bought it. I won't be getting the XL unless my original breaks or something. I absolutely love the size and design of the original 3DS...albeit the scratches.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I have the white one, which makes it doubling frustrating, as its the one which has the lowest percentile of scratch thanks to poor manufacturing.
Edit: Just had my 3D epiphany moment, omg. Downloaded Nintendo Video, and watched all the available videos. My god. I only have Bit Trip Saga for 3DS games, and this really made me noticed its brilliance, much more then BTS. The subtlety is amazing, and the way it truly pops out at that perfect moment...

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
My original was Black, and my XL (which I just noticed has scratches on the Touch Screen and two dead pixels) is red. I was going for blue, with the latter, but they were out at the time, and I really didn't feel like waiting. I've grown to love the red color, though. The scratches are hard to notice, if not almost invisible, when playing anything, and the dead pixels...
Well, I've been trying to ignore them, and one is easy to do so, but the other is hard to miss. It's been bothering me during Fire Emblem cutscenes, especially in 3D. I might get my screens replaced, if it comes down to it.

Also...I'd be disappointed if both Sony and M$ went no used games. I'm already a little set against buying the non-Nintendo systems since, well, I have a gaming PC and except for the exclusives (which there are very few of with MS, so I'll be fine without that), I'm just getting less and less incentives to buy these systems :/ I mean, I probably will buy them- or at least the PS4, but so far there really hasn't been any reason for hype. We'll see, though; I won't buy into the rumors, and I'll stay hopeful.

Oh, and since it was mentioned, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! 1 and especially 2 are DEFINITELY worth playing, they're among my favorite rhythm games. Elite Beat Agents is great as well, and I definitely recommend those three and Osu!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah I got a blue one and the purple came out very soon after and purple's my favorite color and that makes me sad. :(

Thinking of doing a text/image based LP. Can't decide what on though.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I had two but I got unlucky with BOTH of them, so I only have a screen protector for the bottom screen. Although...I did buy another one recently. Third time's the charm, I suppose? I'm gonna try it after a hot shower so no air or dust will come in. That is, if I don't forget about it today, again.

Region locking is my biggest gripe with the 3DS, too. But as of now, there is pretty much no Japanese-only game that I want, so I'm loving the system.

For me, it's dumb because I bought my console when I was back in Canada but now I moved to the UK so I have to import any new games I want. Plus even those download points codes don't even work! Can you believe they region locked even those?!

To me, Osu! is MILES better than elite beat agents.. I dunno if its just the tap placement or what!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
That giraffe level right? Its always that giraffe level. And if you live in the UK, why would you buy a US 3DS? It was mentioned from the beginning that region lock exists, so you would want to hold out on buying one till in the UK. Unless you recently moved there, which yeah, region lock sucks..

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
You just reminded me! There aren't really any exclusives that are not US available that are currently announced...except for the Inazuma Eleven Collection. It was bad enough that the IE games didn't come over to the states (which is slightly ironic, since Level-5 is usually the type to bring their games over), but a remake collection of all 3 games, the third of which was never released outside of Japan...it breaks my heart ;_;

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yeah, thanks for reminding me that Level 5 not only is a jerk if they don't give us Vs Ace Attorney, and Fantasy Life, but now I have to deal with disappointment for Inazuma Eleven Collection. Gotta go sulk in a corner now...

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Yeah I got a blue one and the purple came out very soon after and purple's my favorite color and that makes me sad. :(

Thinking of doing a text/image based LP. Can't decide what on though.

That happened to me!! I got the black 3DS and the pink one came out right after. It bummed me out quite a bit.

But, traded it in for a blue 3DS XL last summer, and I'm glad I did. I LOVE this thing, even though a week after I got it I wasn't thinking and put it in my backpack pocket with my keys, so now the gorgeous blue finish is scratched... ;n;

The huge screens are definitely tempting though, my best friend's younger brother as an original 3DS and when I went over their house and he was playing it a while ago, it seemed so tiny in comparison.

My DS Lite seems like a mini DS now, ahaha.

Also I've been somewhat tempted to do Let's Plays, too... It's an idea I've entertained doing for a few years but the most I ever did with it is like 1-2 uploads of a Pokemon playthrough on my computer lmao. Ideally, I'd love to do playthroughs of games I play on my PS3 like BioShock and Mirror's Edge, but I just don't have the hardware for it and I'm not sure if it's something I'd want to invest in.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
That recent news break on the potential hacking of the 3DS might just toss the ideas of region lock out the window. I hope.
I dunno, Nintendo's pretty keen on keeping the 3DS piracy free. Not to mention I really don't want piracy cause it will keep us on our toes for X/Y.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
A let's play was something I had plans to do. I wanted to do one on Super Mario since its one game I can actually complete without penalty/messing up whatsoever XD I hope to make that happen very soon. (woo! rage!)

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Huh.
http://gematsu.com/2013/02/nikkei-ps4-to-utilize-gaikai-have-expanded-social-features
Apparently the PS4 won't have cell. Which means, in the short run, BC won't be possible on some level, even digitally it would be a pain. I'm assuming your digital buys would likely go to Gaikai to play them, but that creates the issue if you have to rebuy them. So on one front the Xbox 720 would have an online DRM infrastructure, and no used games like the PS4 likely will as well, and on the PS4 you have no PS3 BC. I gotta say, this corner the consumer is being put into is a pretty tight one if it all comes out true, and I personally am looking at this from a pretty far distance, but I do see the madness that will come from all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back