• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
How to save HeartGold

Ok so I am completely new to this and if I'm in the wrong place just let me know, I have a heart gold rom for mac and the emulator I use seems to run it fine however when I save and i have tried both "save state file" and "save state slot". My problem begins when I try to reload the rom save slate, when it comes up on the screen, the main screen where your character would be is blank. I was just wondering if someone more experienced had the same problem and figured out a way around it or could tell me if it was just a rom issue.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
Problem on Beta ROM Hacks

Okay, here is the story.

I was playing a BETA pokemon hack rom, and then it suddenly stop because it is the end of the BETA.

How can I get the save data back for the new BETA? Like, I will get the savedata from the old savedata.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 2, 2015
Hello everybody, I'm having some problems with my heartgold rom. I'm trying to play a randomised nuzlocke in no$gba 2.8a but the game freezes at some points. For instance when Lyra wants to teach me how to capture a pokemon she would walk into the grass and out the screen without me as music still plays and I remain freezed in my place without being able to do anything. I was able to somehow fix that by saving before the event and just reloading from there. But now another thing happened when I opened my pokegear and when I went back to the overworld my bottom screen was black and I was freezed again. I know I can pass those things by saving and restarting the emulator very often but it's really an inconvinience. BTW sorry for my english.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 7, 2016
Dolphin Troubles

I recently downloaded Dolphin Emulator Alpha and I also downloaded the ROM for Pokemon Colluseum and Dolphin won't recognize the ROM which is located in downloads . Do any of U have a suggestion? If so then please respond with your best answer possible.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Okay, here is the story.

I was playing a BETA pokemon hack rom, and then it suddenly stop because it is the end of the BETA.

How can I get the save data back for the new BETA? Like, I will get the savedata from the old savedata.

As long as the next beta is still compatible with the previous beta, you can save in a Pokémon Center, and save the SAV file until the new beta is out. Just put both the new beta ROM and the SAV file in the same folder with the same name and it should work.

Hello everybody, I'm having some problems with my heartgold rom. I'm trying to play a randomised nuzlocke in no$gba 2.8a but the game freezes at some points. For instance when Lyra wants to teach me how to capture a pokemon she would walk into the grass and out the screen without me as music still plays and I remain freezed in my place without being able to do anything. I was able to somehow fix that by saving before the event and just reloading from there. But now another thing happened when I opened my pokegear and when I went back to the overworld my bottom screen was black and I was freezed again. I know I can pass those things by saving and restarting the emulator very often but it's really an inconvinience. BTW sorry for my english.

Have you tried a different DS emulator? If that's still a problem and normal Heart Gold doesn't freeze, it could be a patching problem. Try patching it again on a different Heart Gold ROM.

I recently downloaded Dolphin Emulator Alpha and I also downloaded the ROM for Pokemon Colluseum and Dolphin won't recognize the ROM which is located in downloads . Do any of U have a suggestion? If so then please respond with your best answer possible.

I moved your question to this thread here as this is where all Emulation related questions go. Are you sure the ROM is in the correct format?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 2, 2015
I can play HG on desmume without problems but no$gba offers more speed . But if there isn't any other way to fix those problems on no$gba...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Alpha? That's... an application for mobiles/tablets?
In any case, you should first be sure the Colosseum is in iso and not in extract-able format (zip/rar).
If it is and the emulator still doesn't recognize it, check if the game is supported.

I can play HG on desmume without problems but no$gba offers more speed . But if there isn't any other way to fix those problems on no$gba...
You would need to go hunting for different No$s.
Playing on DeSmuME is more advisable.
HG/SS can somehow be played on No$ (last game that can be) but you need to try a few different emulators and expect glitches. Many glitches. You would have to be saving often, otherwise you may lose your progress.
As I said, you would have better chance of adapting to DeSmuME.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
alright thank you so much. Im running it on desume so i guess Im just out of luck. again thanks so much

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 21, 2015
Heres a question. Is there a way to link a myboy emulator to a real nds console?? My nephew and i really want to battle eachother on emerald but so far we havent figured anything out

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
Does anyone know how to play GBA Roms on a Windows Tablet? I've tried with GBA8 and it never works.

Last edited by a moderator:

jkid101094

Anime Girl Obsessive
Years
What, clean or patched? Pressing Y? I have no idea what you mean, pressing y does nothing, i dont understand anything here. Could you describe it closer.
I must have made a mistake somehow, I'm sorry to say you weren't the person I was replying to. I'm very sorry.

I was replying to the person that was trying to play Heart Red on a DSTwo flashcart. Somehow my post seems to have gotten mixed up.

Years
I have a question!
Im playing pokemon omega fire red. It works fine on the VBA. But when I play the game on the real GBA with an super SD card some pokemon battles (e.g. Brocks gym battle) turn black and then the game freezes. I dont know why that happens on the GBA and not on the VBA. And i dont know how to solve it.
Can anyone help?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 25, 2015
Rom to GBA Cart

Hi guys im trying to find a current method to transfer rom .sav files to an actual GBA Cart. I've seen older threads but i'm trying see if there is a current easier way and what supplies i would need. I have a DS Lite and all GBA carts and .savs to go with them.

Years
  • Age 58
  • Seen Jul 11, 2015
I got some Roms but now how do i get an emulator or how do i play the roms i am on a windows pc
:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
My save file disappeared?

If someone could help me with this I would really appreciate it.

I downloaded a Fire Red ROM and patched it with Pokemon Adventure - Red Chapter to make the game. I played the game for an hour, beat the first gym, and saved. I saved in-game and on VBA. I went back now to continue playing it, and my save isn't there. The game also won't open. I can open Fire Red separately, but if I try to open the patched version, VBA shows me the GBA Nintendo opening screen thing when you turn on your GBA and freezes.

How can I fix this? And did I save wrong or patch the game wrong?

Thanks!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I need help playing this rom hack. When i try to open it using Visualboyadvance emulator. It says error. I'm on a mac too. Please someone help.

Back