• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Nuzlocke Challenge

Years
Username: Beatbox
Version: Diamond
Single/Ultimate?: Single

Btw I had already started it, and heres what had happened so far:

In Team:
Redemption the Monferno
Nathan the Murkrow
Helios the Shellos
Greece the Bronzor

Death:
Cookie the Budew - Got Critted.
Mercy the Staravia - Also got Critted.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Username: McCree
Version: Alpha Sapphire
Single/Ultimate?: Single

My undocumented Moon nuzlocke was an epic failure, so I decided to play something I'm a little more familiar with and something that has considerably less cutscenes. It's already been started, so here's where we're at:

Just got Wattson's badge! Only one casualty along the way and that was in Petalburg Woods. I've been picking up a bunch of mons for backup and am using Nincada as an HM slave/false swiper at the moment.

Current team:
256.png

Strutter - Lv. 26
Peck
Double Kick
Flame Charge
Sand Attack

262.png

Buddette - Lv. 23
Ice Fang
Howl
Sand Attack
Bite

269.png

Guuurl - Lv. 23
Venoshock
Moonlight
Psybeam
Harden

309.png

Tony - Lv. 16
Thunder Wave
Leer
Howl
Spark

290.png

Genji - Lv. 17
Sand Attack
Mud-Slap
Cut
False Swipe

Casualties:
Seagull the Wingull - died due to carelessness in Petalburg Woods. He was originally the plan in case Torchic didn't work out in Rustboro (yeah right) and was meant to sweep Brawly.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
So yeah, it's been quite some time since I updated. I originally planned to do Hala in a short Episode 2, then all of Akala Island and the three infamous trials there in a seperate update, but I ended up grinding out Hala, Akala Island, the Nihilego, the Electric trial, and your boy Guzma already, so instead of another fabulous update that probably would've had a lot to do with the absolute range of disasters that took place on Akala Island and the Hau battle on Ula'ula Island, I'm just gonna give a team update for where I'm up to so far (Route 12. Got the Mudsdale for the Ride Pager and got my encounter for the route.)

Team Ruby

079.gif

Master Derp (Slowpoke) Lv. 35 @ Eviolite
Nature: Naive
Ability: Own Tempo
Moves: Psychic, Yawn, Zen Headbutt, Water Pulse

297.gif

Tabitha (Hariyama) Lv. 35 @ Nothing
Nature: Impish
Ability: Thick Fat
Moves: Knock Off, Vital Throw, Fake Out, Brick Break

299.gif

Roxanne (Nosepass) Lv. 35 @ Nothing
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Magnet Pull
Moves: Thunder Wave, Power Gem, Spark, Rock Slide

168.gif

Spiderman (Ariados) Lv. 32 @ Nothing
Nature: Careful
Ability: Swarm
Moves: Leech Life, Sucker Punch, Shadow Sneak, Smart Strike

227.gif

Delta (Skarmory) Lv. 32 @ Sharp Beak
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Aerial Ace, Spikes, Steel Wing, Swift

324.gif

Smokey (Torkoal) Lv. 28 @ Nothing
Ability: Drought
Moves: Flame Wheel, Curse, Lava Plume, Body Slam

Next update will hopefully finish up Ula'ula Island, cover the plot (Poni Island) and the final trials, with my amazing side commentary about how badly my team members get destroyed...or something. I'm also slowly doing my earlygame grinding in the Y Nuzlocke. I'll get around to continuing it...eventually.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 18, 2022
Wanted to ask for future reference: How do I post images of pokemon like the ones people are using in their updates?

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Wanted to ask for future reference: How do I post images of pokemon like the ones people are using in their updates?

I use the same images that Serebii uses in its individual Pokedex pages. Right click the sprite, click Copy Image Address and then wrap it in an
tag on PC.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Excuse the double post - I can merge it if need be.

The trek between Mauville and Lavaridge felt much longer this time. Maybe it's because it's been a while. Lots has happened!

After beating Watson I noticed I have no viable option to sweep Flannery. I backtracked to Dewford to snag the old rod, and caught myself Brain the tentacool. Unfortunately, while getting a bit too cocky in Vendaturf tunnel and momentarily forgetting my poison typing against a Geodude, Tentacool was one shot by Magnitude. Feels bad man. :( So I fished up a Goldeen (named Pinky in memory of Brain) on Route 117 and have trained super hard with it along with the rest of the gang in the Mauville - Lavaridge trek. I'm parked right outside Flannery's gym and we'll resume there.

The team:
256.png

Strutter - Lv. 35 @ Macho Brace
Blaze / Bashful
Peck, Double Kick, Flame Charge, Bulk Up

262.png

Buddette - Lv. 32 @ Black Glasses
Intimidate / Impish
Ice Fang, Howl, Embargo, Assurance

269.png

Guuurl - Lv. 32
Shield Dust / Gentle
Venoshock, Silver Wind, Psybeam, Toxic

310.png

Tony - Lv. 27
Lightning Rod / Hardy
Thunder Wave, Bite, Howl, Thunder Fang

119.png

Pinky - Lv. 33 @ Mystic Water
Water Veil / Serious
Waterfall, Tail Whip, Horn Attack, Agility

& also carrying the egg from the lady in Lavaridge cause I totally forgot what it hatches into!

Honourable dead thus far:
Seagull the Wingull, Lv. 5 - 5, dead at Petalburg Woods.
Brain the Tentacool, Lv. 5 - 14, dead in Vendaturf Tunnel.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
.....The Ghost trial can go burn.

Episode 3 - Your Boy Guzma Strikes Back

So between losing a good chunk of my team during the Akala Island Disaster, getting a couple of useless encounters, and all sorts of general disasters so far, I think this run is going fairly standard for me when it comes to nuzlockes. That's beside the point, though. It's time to get our encounter for Blush Mountain (because even though Secluded Shore is a seperate area, there's basically only things there I've already caught, just like a couple of other areas we're hitting up for encounters.) Anyway, Blush Mountain. I managed to get myself an Alolan Geodude, but at the time, since I had Roxanne, I boxed Eleczilla and headed inside to get some free rocks that'll make Smokey's Drought a bit more useful.

I swear this game is filled with ways to halt progression, even for a little bit. This time, I'm not even referring to the team destroying disasters. I'm talking about Gladion sliding on over and warning me about Team Skull's Cosmog hunting even though they end up capturing the wrong Pokemon later on when that plot point becomes somewhat relevant. We'll talk about that later, I promise. Let's just slide on over to Tapu Village and get ourselves an encounter...

...or get interrupted less than five minutes later by Hau because Pokemon League is under construction. Keep in mind that at this portion, I haven't gotten my Haina Desert encounter, partly because you need to do the Ghost trial and partly because I seriously forgot about it because of what happens during the Ghost trial, then remembered it while I was typing this up. More on that shortly.

Tapu Village encounter was something I wasn't expecting to run into until near the end of the run, and that's Alolan Vulpix. Is it good or not, I have no idea. I figured since it's probably the only Ice type I'm gonna get in the run, I'll hold onto her and leave her in the PC until one of my other team members die. Yeah right, like that'll happen. I'm totally good at this game. This totally isn't sarcasm at all.

On an off topic note, can I just say that I'm not a fan of the random transition from Tapu Village to Route 15. It's just like "oh, we're suddenly at Route 15, and we gotta do a random required battle against one kid with an easy to kill Elekid. Totally a good time, bro" and it's just kinda...meh. That's just how I see it. Alright, folks, let's kill the happy times for a bit, because it's time for everyone's favorite part. The part where disasters happen and I go cry in the corner because I'm stupid and make misplays like an idiot during important battles. The short version is our sixth trial.

Let me just say this right away. The Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar you have to deal with before the totem were not really a problem. Spiderman dealt with them all pretty well. Sure, Gengar gave me a bit of trouble because Hypnosis, but no real problems a Super Potion couldn't fix. Then, there was Totem Mimikyu. I knew Disguise would be a problem, so I had a game plan set up for this one. My plan was to spam Curse with Smokey to eat any of the totem's attacks, then Lava Plume until eventual burns drained it's HP along with it's ally. Because my luck is the physical embodiment of suck, that didn't happen at all.

So here's the story of how my team got turned upside down. Grab your popcorn, kiddies, because it's story time. Trust me, this one's worse than how I lost Bloodwing solely because I didn't know Totem Salazzle had a berry that raised it's Special Attack. Haunter, ladies and gentlemen, is part of the reason this went to hell. Now, we all know that Hypnosis is a lackluster move due to it's awful accuracy, right? Apparently, this Haunter had his glasses on today because he never missed Hypnosis at all. That threw my whole gameplan out the window because I had to heal Smokey every turn because, even at +1, Mimikyu's Shadow Claw hurts. The only positive of this early segment was that Mimikyu is a Ghost type and it used Mimic to learn Curse. We know where this is leading, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

In an attempt to get Mimikyu to kill itself on it's own via Curse, I tried to continuously switch out to lure it into using Curse until it died. This only lead to Spiderman getting put to sleep and nearly killed the next turn. Under the assumption that Tabitha could survive a turn and hopefully kill the Haunter or something, I switched him in. Now, ladies and gentlemen, I have a question for you. What move do you obviously think Mimikyu would have in a situation like this? If you answered Play Rough, then you are clearly much smarter than me and totally deserve a cookie because the turn after I switched in Tabitha, the game gave me a heavy slap in the face because Play Rough sent Tabitha on a one way trip to the Shadow Realm.

So my possible best team member died, and I was pretty tilted. I decided to continue with my Mimikyu suicide strategy by trying to use Delta to bulk out hits. Haunter's 100% Hypnosis made that a wasted effort and then Night Shade and Shadow Claw spamming occurred, then after a high roll from Astonish (I continued stalling with Smokey for a bit to drain those Shadow Claws since it was obviously it's most devastating move outside of Play Rough), a Night Shade did 2 HP just enough to kill Delta. After that, all it took was getting Mimikyu to Curse to death, then I sent in Master Derp to attempt to clean up the Haunter. After another Hypnosis and praying to Arceus to get paralyzed by Lick so Haunter couldn't put me to sleep anymore, we finally finished off the penultimate trial.

Now, with that text wall of dread completed, it's time for Frozen to join the team. Along with that, we got a rematch with that one Team Skull chick. What was her name again? Plumeria. Yeah, her. She was easy. Sure, I missed a Zen Headbutt on her Golbat, but it was still an easy battle thanks to Eviolite Slowpoke. Anyway, remember earlier when I mentioned that Team Skull is filled with idiots and they snagged the wrong Pokemon? Guess what? They actually did it. They screwed it up. Now we gotta go to their base in Po Town, alone. Oooh, scary...is what I would be saying if I didn't need to grind.

Speaking of which, remember Mount Hokulani and Melemele Sea? I never got encounters at either of those places (or Haina Desert), and there's nothing in the nuzlocke rules saying I can't not get my encounter on my required visit then come back for it later. I ended up leaving Mount Hokulani to rush over and battle Guzma, so I never caught anything there, while Melemele Sea was unable to be accessed without Lapras Paddle, but I waited until I got Sharpedo Jet.

Long story short, Arceus smiled down on me and I got a Beldum for Mt. Hokulani but then Melemele Sea got me the most useless mon since Weedle, Luvdisc (and then the horrible memories of my Gen 3 Luvdisc solo started to flood back). Route 15 had nothing for me because I was playing at night, and Route 16 was more of the same stuff Route 15 offered. I did do some grinding on Route 16, though. After that, we come to the motherload of Ula'ula grinding, the Ula'ula Meadow. My encounter was Buzz Buzz, the Ribombee. Once that was done, I did some major grinding for the new team members to catch them up to the rest of the team, and it was off to Route 17.

Fearow. It was bound to come eventually, and it did sooner rather than later, which is good. With that out of the way, let's go to Po Town and take care of business.

Right away, Team Skull really let the place go. It's the only place I have to pay to heal, which sucks a bit because I've been hurting for money most of the run. That aside, Team Skull grunts are getting destroyed left and right and we're on our way to the Shady House. First priority was to pick up the Ice Stone so I can evolve Frozen when I feel she's ready (which may or may not be soon). After that, between the destruction of all the grunts, I went around and found all the answers to the questions for the "Guzma likes" quiz, then memed it up with a nice and clean no. Now, it's time, once again, for our boy, Guzma!

Long story short, he got wrecked. Gladion did too. After that, I can admit I got a bit cocky and wanted to just get the Grand Trial over with. Bad idea. I ended up losing Roxanne to the Z-Move, then had to kill off Spiderman due to Power Gem being able to crush most of my team and I needed a chance to get Smokey back in there to finish the job. On the bright side, I went and got my Haina Desert encounter. Sandile isn't a bad catch. I'm gonna need to do some major grinding to prepare myself for Aether Paradise, next time on the Pokemon Sun Nuzlocke.

Team Ruby

080.gif

Master Derp (Slowbro) Lv. 39 @ Mystic Water
Moves: Psychic, Slack Off, Zen Headbutt, Water Pulse

324.gif

Smokey (Torkoal) Lv. 39 @ Heat Rock
Moves: Rock Slide, Flamethrower, Lava Plume, Body Slam

vulpix-alolan.png

Frozen (Vulpix) Lv. 39 @ Eviolite
Nature: Timid
Ability: Snow Cloak
Moves: Extrasensory, Feint Attack, Hex, Ice Beam

ribombee.png

Buzz Buzz (Ribombee) Lv. 38 @ Nothing
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Shield Dust
Moves: Silver Wind, Dazzling Gleam, Psychic, Bug Buzz

551.gif

Shades (Sandile) Lv. 30 @ Nothing
Nature: Calm
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Mud-Slap, Embargo, Swagger, Crunch

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 17, 2021
So... I couldn't find my copy of Platinum so I decided I'd do Fire Red first. Dupes clause is still in effect so I'm not training a pack of Rattatas.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 17, 2021
Double posting since this is a new update... if I need I can merge it.

Spoiler:

Current Team:

058.png
Fenrir lv25
003.png
Ivey lv33
130.png
Sushi lv29
135.png
Zeus lv27
020.png
Rocket lv28
052.png
Israel lv12 (HM cat)

Backup:
Quilliam (Pidgey lv13)
Vultur (Spearow lv13)
Olivia (Ekans lv16)
Ch'ding (Farfetch'd lv26)

Dead:
Roger (Pidgeotto lv18) - died to rival's Pidgeotto
Yvette (Zubat lv7) - died to rival's Pidgeotto
Moe (Diglett lv20) - died to rival's Charmeleon

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 18, 2022
1st Gym - Brock Update (6/26/17):
001.png

Weasel
Level 13
Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, Vine Whip

016.png

Garuda
Level 14
Tackle, Sand-Attack, Gust, Quick Attack

Fallen Comrades:
None yet!

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
OK lots has happened. Last time I updated, I was about to beat Flannery. I now have all eight badges lmao. Between then and now, there have been several additions to the team, several REALLY close encounters with death and unfortunately, one death that I really wish never happened. :( I've replaced Mightyena with Absol and caught a Trapinch in the desert, trained it up to an almost-evolved Vibrava before it died tragically. RIP. I really love Flygon, but it wasn't meant to be. I've also been training up a Spheal I caught in Shoal Cave because I'm not really sure who to fill my last spot with, so might as well make it an ice type. I'm grinding before the E4 right now to be sure not to suffer any casualties. ORAS doesn't have great grinding spots for Pokemon you're trying to push into the 60's range.

The team:
257.png

Strutter - Lv. 61 @ Macho Brace
Blaze / Bashful
Slash, Sky Uppercut, Blaze Kick, Bulk Up

269.png

Guuurl - Lv.59 @ Rocky Helmet
Shield Dust / Gentle
Venoshock, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance, Toxic

310.png

Tony - Lv. 59
Lightning Rod / Hardy
Thunder Wave, Flash, Charge, Discharge

119.png

Pinky - Lv. 60 @ Mystic Water
Water Veil / Serious
Waterfall, Tail Whip, Surf, Megahorn

359.png

Luna - Lv.59 @ Black Glasses
Super Luck / Brave
Night Slash, Sucker Punch, Psycho Cut, Swords Dance

365.png

Haroun - Lv.46
Ice Body / Lax
Ice Beam, Ice Fang, Rest, Hail

Honourable dead thus far:
Seagull the Wingull, Lv. 5 - 5, dead at Petalburg Woods.
Brain the Tentacool, Lv. 5 - 14, dead in Vendaturf Tunnel
Zedd the Vibrava, Lv. 22 - 43, dead somewhere

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
The time has come at last, ladies and gents. Time to bury the hatchet with the plot. Trust me, this won't be nearly as lengthy as the last one...I hope.

Episode 4 - Crazy, 2 Kids, and Over 40, it's the Chronicles of Lusamine

So after the absolute trainwreck that was the Grand Trial, it was back to Ula'ula Meadow to grind up new team members. Naturally, one of them was Shades, who I got from the Haina Desert. Due to my dreadful team synergy and extreme common weaknesses in both the party and PC, options were limited. I had originally settled for Megatron, my Beldum...but he died during grinding because STAB Bug Buzz hurts. I had to go with the Lillipup I caught back on Akala Island, and grinded him, along with everyone else on the team, to at least Lv. 40.

About an hour or so of killing Ariados, Ribombee, and Oricorio, we're off to the Aether Foundation. Let me just put this one in short terms to save time, folks. Every trainer in that place got wrecked, Guzma included. It wasn't until I faced Lusamine herself that things got a bit dicey. Lead Clefable was already a huge red flag, and even worse since it had Magic Guard, so burning it was useless. The real problem with her team was her Lilligant. It had Own Tempo, and I knew that after it didn't get confused from Petal Dance. What did I do? Switched in Buzz Buzz thinking "oh, he can take a hit." That was a mistake, and it led me to realize my team's second biggest flaw. Everything on my team can't take special attacks well, and Petal Dance is a special attack. We can all guess what happened next. Buzz Buzz got slaughtered. Other than that, I think we're going to have one hell of a time during the second battle with Lusamine.

So after some story bits and Lillie's clothes change, we head off to Poni Island, the place where I need to pray to Arceus I get some amazing encounters, because I sure need them at this point of the run. First thing was first, and that was getting the free gift Aerodactyl as a new potential member of the team. I'm going to scout out a couple of other catches when we get them and choose then who I add to the team.

By the way, the Aerodactyl has a -Attack nature because of course it does. It is Lv. 40, though. Hmmm...

But let's remember that gift encounters don't count as my first encounter, so I'm still free to fish at Seafolk Village and find myself a Wailmer. Finally, a Water type that isn't Wingull or Tentacool...or Luvdisc, but the less we talk about that abomination, the better. Sadly, the Wailmer in question is a bit low leveled, but having Bus the Wailmer as more power in the PC won't hurt. Let's go and get some more mons.

Fun fact: up until this point, I have not run into a single Gumshos or Yungoos as my first encounter...until now. Gumshoos has come to me. I wanted good encounters, not garbage. It seems Poni Island won't be kind to me either. And of course, bad defenses. That's just great. On another subject, holy level spiking. Lusamine's team was all at Lv. 41, but now all these regular trainers have Lv. 43+ mons out of nowhere. What gives, game? I know this is the last island, but that's no excuse to screw me like that. Just you wait until I find my grind bait Oricorio patch and grind up the squad.

Ancient Poni Path means another encounter for me, and boy oh boy, do we got a big one. Granbull is the encounter of the moment. Once again, bad Special Defense, but a pure Fairy type with Play Rough and high Attack. Sadly, I got Quick Feet instead of Intimidate. TMs are an option, so I'll consider using The Bully.

By this point, I'm convinced this game hates me. I'm milking every encounter chance I can get, sure, but I got a Lv. 43 Magikarp on Poni Breaker Coast. A LEVEL 43 MAGIKARP! Like, seriously? I might just go and Rare Candy it right away to have a semi decent mon, but that's beside the point. On the bright side, neutral nature and it evolves into a Water/Flying type, something that could help me deal with Hapu coming up since her Mudsdale has the Z-Crystal. Anyway, let's hit up more story and be on our merry way. Can I just say that the way Machamp holds your character is still really awkward, because it is. At least it helps with pushing stuff.

Oh right, that story. Forgot about that for a sec. Yeah, Hapu's a kahuna now. Congrats to her. Can't wait to destroy her team. Anyway, time to slide on over to Exeggutor Island to get an encounter and a Sun Flute for plot related reasons. But in the meantime, forced encounter makes Alolan Exeggutor my first encounter. Unfortunately, it officially just made the final trial 9001x harder by Wood Hammering Frozen to death. Ultratree, you're a stizh. Now, let's get on with the story, and then I need to pick out two new team members to grind up.

This game interrupts progress way too often, I swear. Anyway, after our 40 billionth interruption, we got the Sun Flute and headed back to Seafolk Village. Now it's decision time. Who will join the squad in Frozen's place and in our empty slot? After thinking it over a while, I chose to add The Bully and Blue Shrimp to the team. Now, it's time to prepare for the final Grand Trial, Vast Poni Canyon, and the final trial.

So I'm right. This game hates me. Muddy Water Gastrodon in the rain killed The Bully during grinding. Since I know Hapu has a Gastrodon, I chose to take Ultratree temporarily. So, let's go take on that Grand Trial...is what I would say if there wasn't a random barricade of Team Skull grunts. This game just can't have enough getting in my way, I swear. This one isn't even hard. They're seriously just here to get in my way and it's annoying. That aside, let's get the Grand Trial over with.

So let me just say something. This game is unfair. The Grand Trial was easy, but during Vast Poni Canyon, during that double battle with the Ninetales and Sandslash, I thought I could kill them both with a Rock Slide, but Shades seriously got frozen first shot from Ice Beam, and then got double teamed because Icicle Spear strikes again and killed him. I've considered it for a while, but now I think it may be true. I think it may be impossible for me to win, mostly due to the few encounters I have left. I scouted them on Serebii, and there's almost nothing good left for encounters. I'm not giving up, though. I'm just annoyed that my recent chain of deaths have been due to stupid reasons.

Now, enough beating myself up for the game's trolling antics. After some more battles, Lillie coming out of nowhere to heal me, that painter chick giving me yet another useless item (Farium Z), and more near death experiences, we come to our second to last encounter because legendaries are banned. Sadly, it's just a Machoke. Eh, it's something. The final trial was nothing special either. Clanging Scales hit like a truck on Master Derp, but with Blue Shrimp taking hits like a champ, the final trial was clear. Our personal final trial, though, is that Lusamine battle.

So can I just say that I hate how her entire team gets a stat boost right off the bat? It's cheap and I hate it. It made her Clefable even harder to kill since it was already bulky, could swallow special attacks, and also had both Cosmic Power and Moonlight. It took a while (and a lot of setting up with both Smokey and Blue Shrimp), but I dealt with it. Mismagius got destroyed, simple as that. Same case with Bewear. It got absolutely destroyed.

The problems begin with Lilligant. First, it gets a Special Attack boost, which is stupid, or as Guzma would say, "Y'all are stupid." So, imagine that and Petal Dance put together. A 120 power STAB move on a base 110 Lilligant with a Special Attack boost. Even with higher Special Defense than the rest of my team, it still instakilled Blue Shrimp. Sure, I know the attack wasn't resisted, but still. Smokey's Special Defense sucks and she lived solely because it was resisted. Then there was Milotic, which was pretty much just a battle of "get a Special Defense drop and it'll die faster" with Master Derp. With that (and catching a legendary I can't use), we've covered the entirety of the story. All that remains is the not Victory Road mountain. Seriously, Vast Poni Canyon is more of a Victory Road than Mount Lanakila.

Massive grinding will be happening before Elite Four, naturally. So next update will be the end of the game. Let's hype ourselves up for a potential victory, folks!

Team Ruby

080.gif

Master Derp (Slowbro) Lv. 50 @ Mystic Water
Moves: Psychic, Slack Off, Shadow Ball, Scald

324.gif

Smokey (Torkoal) Lv. 51 @ Heat Rock
Moves: Rock Slide, Flamethrower, Heat Wave, Shell Smash

508.gif

Bloodhound (Stoutland) Lv. 49 @ Nothing
Nature: Docile
Ability: Sand Rush
Moves: Crunch, Rock Tomb, Wild Charge, Aerial Ace

ORAS doesn't have great grinding spots for Pokemon you're trying to push into the 60's range.

I can agree with you there. I did a Little Cup Challenge on OR and grinding up for lategame was a nightmare. Dexnaving Pelipper and stealing Lucky Eggs off of them softens the blow a little with grinding, but that isn't exactly an option in a nuzlocke, sadly.

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
Pokemon X Nuzlocke - First Update

Infosheet (Catchlist, Team, Honored Dead list): Click here

Badges: 3

New Run! There have only been two main points of struggle so far. Me losing my Floette to Grant was complete negligence on my part, it could have been easily avoided. It was a big blow to my team as well, Fairy would have been such good coverage to keep around. The fight with Korrina before the gym fight with her two Lucarios could have gone very very very sour, but everyone hung on by the skin of their teeth. Had to use two X Attacks on Ivysaur to get through it.

Honored Dead:
floette.gif

Fable the Floette, Lv. 7-22: Got careless for like, one second against Grant?s Tyrunt, died to a Rock Tomb

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
...It happened just as I feared.

Episode 5 - Totally Cucked

So remember how I planned to grind up my whole team? Well...I got kinda lazy. I primarily grinded up my surviving team members (Master Derp, Smokey, and Bloodhound), then when it came to the new members of the team, I can admit I got a bit lazy and didn't fully raise them up. I opted to use Epona the Mudbray, Sap the Grubbin, and Triple H the Machoke (because it's a written law that I have to name the Machop line after a wrestler, former or otherwise). Since I got Triple H in Vast Poni Canyon, he was already around Lv. 42 at the start, so with my Exp. Share use during grinding, he got up to around Lv. 51-52, Epona was able to destroy most things in the area (Golbat and Dugtrio) once she evolved, and Sap was just kinda there since he was frail.

To make a long story short for my "totally not Victory Road Mount Lanakila" run, Gladion got blown to pieces, I killed my encounter by accident, and Hau also got blown back. No trainers just like Gen 2's Victory Road, so there's nothing too interesting to talk about. What is interesting, is why this part is titled the way it is. Let's get into it, shall we?

Hala: Absolutely destroyed. Master Derp made sure of it.
Olivia: Sap learning Thunderbolt the moment he evolves is fun, so even after living an Ancient Power from Relicanth, it died instantly. After that, it was basically an Earthquake sweep with Epona.
The Flying type woman who's name I don't remember: Teamwork and sweep.
Acerola: This stizh. I would say another word to describe her, but there could be those unexposed to bad language reading this post, so I'll be a gentlemen and use the made up word. So my original plan was to set up Shell Smash with Smokey and sweep her entire time, Palossand included. Sadly, I feared the fact that Palossand could outspeed Smokey even with three Shell Smashes up since Torkoal has a lower base Speed, so I wanted to trick the Palossand into using it's Z-Move, switch to Bloodhound so it wouldn't work, then Crunch away until it died. Unfortunately, I think the bot knew I was planning that and spammed Earth Power when I switched to Bloodhound until he died.

Because that plan didn't work, I thought I could try to weaken it with Sap, since he was fairly disposable. I got one attack off, then got Never Ending Nightmare'd and Sap died instantly. After that, the rest was pretty simple since I finished off Palossand with Master Derp (he lived an attack on almost no HP) then Shell Smash sweeping with Smokey to clear out the rest of her team.

Now we come to the end. The battle against Kukui started off innocently enough when his Lycanroc didn't set up Stealth Rock, but then the problem started with his Braviary. I wasn't expecting him to send in Braviary, and like an idiot, thought I could deal with it quickly and get an X Sp. Def up on Epona for the incoming Ninetales/Magnezone. What I had forgotten, even after looking over Kukui's team multiple times is that his Braviary had Whirlwind. How I overlooked that, I don't even know. What's bad is that I wasted my final X Sp. Def for nothing. So, some forced switches and eating attacks later and we come to the run killer, the Magnezone.

Remember that item I wasted? Well, since Magnezone hits like a truck and has Sturdy, there was no way Epona could deal with it without being 2HKO'd by it, and I needed Epona. I ended up wasting almost all of my healing items in hopes of a low Flash Cannon roll, but it didn't happen and Epona died. Triple H got destroyed in one shot, and now we come to the cheap part. I must be really stupid or something, because I thought I should set up on the Magnezone and sweep, but it went for Thunder Wave. After that, Smokey was fully paralyzed not one, but two turns in a row before being killed off by Thunderbolt. When I switched in Master Derp, it turns out he could outspeed the Magnezone...not that it mattered at that point because it was impossible to kill the rest of his team with a Slowbro while I only had so few items left. Magnezone killed my run, and it was a grand old disaster.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 18, 2022
2nd Update (7/9/2017) - 4 Gyms Defeated:

002.png

Weasel
Level 30 - Sassy|Overgrow
Tackle, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf

017.png

Garuda
Level 28 - Brave|Keen Eye
Tackle, Sand-Attack, Fly, Quick Attack

075.png

Chef
Level 30 - Jolly|Sturdy
Tackle, Defense Curl, Magnitude, Rock Slide

130.png

Falkor
Level 28 - Modest|Intimidate
Water Pulse, Tackle, Bite, Dragon Rage

133.png

Inu
Level 27 - Lonely|Run Away
Helping Hand, Sand-Attack, Growl, Quick Attack

Gone but not forgotten:
058.png

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Hey everyone, been awhile but I'm back with a new sign-up and updates to my current challenges! First off, I stopped with my Blue Kaizo challenge because I lost interest and don't feel like continuing where I left off. Maybe one day I'll go back to it and start over but for now it can be removed from the challengers list. Secondly, I will be continuing with my Prism challenge and LP. I just recorded an episode so expect me to update on that sometime soon, hopefully I get around to it tomorrow since I'm about to sleep. And lastly I have a sign-up for a new challenge! Call me crazy but I'm going to try my hand at a Dark Rising Nuzlocke, and yes I will be uploading this for YouTube as well as Prism.

Sign-Up
Spoiler:

BugTypeAficionado

Bug types are so hi-technicaaaal!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
I've never done a Nuzlocke. Ever. How can I even step foot into the Challenge section without having done a Nuzlocke? Well, I'm going to fix that, whether I fail or actually beat the game.

Username: BugTypeAficionado
Game: Sapphire
Single/Ultimate: Single, at least for now.

I'm going with Sapphire because the original Nuzlocke comic took place in Ruby, so...irony or something. First update will come shortly.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Update for Prism :]

Challenge
Spoiler:
Episode #28
Spoiler:

BugTypeAficionado

Bug types are so hi-technicaaaal!
Years
  • Age 24