• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
New shiny! ^o^

49-VibravaSparkles.jpg

Found it on a chain of 11. The chain then broke at 15 in a safe patch. :(

It has a Jolly nature and a +Atk Characteristic, so I'm hoping for some good IVs. Will be back with them later.

Now, I can proceed onto Kyogre! 1270 resets done, including those from before.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Congratulations on the beautiful shiny Vibrava, MM! The red is sooo pretty. :) And you chained in Diamond, too; it's harder to chain in the Sandstorm in Diamond if I'm not mistaken. I hope your shiny Vibrava has good IVs!

...MM, tell me something about statistics so that I'm not mad that I have over 9150 SRs for Giratina and no shiny one has appeared. >=[

Good luck everyone.

Years
Congratulations on the beautiful shiny Vibrava, MM! The red is sooo pretty. :) And you chained in Diamond, too; it's harder to chain in the Sandstorm in Diamond if I'm not mistaken. I hope your shiny Vibrava has good IVs!

...MM, tell me something about statistics so that I'm not mad that I have over 9150 SRs for Giratina and no shiny one has appeared. >=[

Good luck everyone.
Thanks.

Uhmm, you aren't yet one standard deviation past mean? And lots of SRs go past 10,000 -- 30%.

Heading off, so my copypasta probably won't make it to SPP tonight.

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
Copy paste from serebiiforums

I love the matsuda method..

I started hatching chimchar eggs yesterday (i wanted to get another starter set) my plan was to hatch 60 eggs a day.

On the 39th egg...... A shiny :D

Here are the pics of my chimchar, sorry about the quality.

chimcharhatch.jpg

chimcharsummary.jpg

chimcharsummary1.jpg

Turtwig is next, just have to trade the other pokemon i need to platinum.

kill and run

SHINY HUNTER ALL DAY ERRDAY
Years
Major congrats on the shiny chimchar.

I just bought another used Diamond and another Platinum just for shiny hunting :D

so here are all my targets

Platinum1: chainable pokes
Pearl1: Drifloon
Pearl2: maybe turtwig
Diamond1: nothing
Diamond2: dialga when i get there
Platinum2: giratina

good luck all and wish me luck

Setting_Sun

The cake is NOT a lie.
Years
I recently bred a shiny pichu after some patience and finding two proper parents, IV wise and Egg Move Wise. I wanted Volt Tackle for little battles and good IV's for when I made it a light ball Pikachu, which I love to do. My current Light Ball Pikachu has perfect speed and has a special attack raising nature, but that's not very good for an OU environment. So I bred and hoped for the best. After hatching eggs, I went to PBR and did a Fortune battle to check lv. 100 stats and IV's.

I have a Timid Pikachu with 31 special attack. That one isn't shiny, but it's got a better nature. It's IV's are 23/0/20/31/25/14. It evolved after its first level up because of running around with it so much. It has alright defense and HP, Perfect Sp. Attack, and good Sp. Defense. Lackluster speed though, but it has a good nature.

The Shiny Pichu is Calm, which opponents won't expect (although I really wish it was Timid instead of the non-shiny one) but has Iv's of 22/0/10/31/25/31. Perfect Special Attack and Speed, with good Sp.Defense and okay HP. The IV's are very similar to the Timid one, but better. :)

mathioks

owner of the lonestar's gym
Years
congratz to all new shinies, i'm sring for giratina and breeding for torchic right now, taking a break from drifloon, but will start again if giratina and torchic and my next breeding target treecko are done, but i wanted to ask something, what is fastest, first breeding a whole party of egg's ( 5 ) or after each bred egg going to the box to send it in and taking a new egg from the day care man?

good luck to everyone!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I, too, come forth, bearing a new shiny!

You already know what it is. Copy + Paste

It. Has. Arrived.

And it...has been captured! Here is the quote from a different forum that I recently joined:

Me said:
The luck of the SHTC strikes once more!

This time...SHINY GIRATINA-O on an English Platinum! After 15495 soft resets, it has appeared! I was reading the posts of all the new shiny captures, and when I looked down, the Giratina was blue and yellow :) And then, the noise that brings tears of joy to us all...the shiny noise!!! :D :D :D

I shall proceed to type out my post to explain how I catch it. I will only keep track of times when Giratina attacks, so I know how much PP is left.

Turn 1: I use Foresight with Noctowl. Giratina uses Dragon Claw.

Turn 2: I switch to Bibarel. Giratina uses Shadow Force.

Turn 3: I use X Defend. Giratina's move does not affect Bibarel.

Turn 4: I use Rock Smash. Giratina's uses Dragon Claw

Turn 5: I use Super Fang. Giratina uses Ominous Wind, but it does not affect Bibarel.

Turn 6: I use Super Fang once again. Giratina uses Shadow Force.

Turn 7: I switch to Noctowl. Shadow Force does not affect Noctowl.

Turn 8: I use Hypnosis. It misses, and Giratina uses Ominous Wind

Turn 9: I use Hypnosis. Giratina is asleep.

Turn 10: I switch to Gallade. Giratina is still asleep.

Turn 11: Gallade uses False Swipe. Giratina is at 1 HP. Giratina wakes up and uses Shadow Force.

Turn 12: I switch to Noctowl. Shadow Force does not affect Noctowl.

Turn 13: I use Hypnosis. Giratina is asleep.

Turn 14: I use X-Accuracy. Giratina is asleep.

Turn 15: I use X-Accuracy. Giratina is asleep.

Turn 16: Giratina wakes up. It uses Shadow Force.

Turn 17: I use X-Accuracy. Shadow Force does not affect Noctowl.

Turn 18: I use Hypnosis. Giratina is asleep.

I throw more Ultra and Great Balls...

I CAUGHT IT IN AN ULTRA BALL!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSS!!!! SHINY GIRATINA IS MINE!!!! The shiny dex entry is beautiful *tear drop*

I nicknamed my shiny Giratina "Kid Cudi" because he is the artist that made the song "Day N Nite"...which perfectly describes how frequently I soft reset for Giratina these past 14 days. I am so glad that it is finally mine! I will sleep peacefully tonight!

Edit: Unfortunately, I have no video camera, so that play-by-play of my actions will have to do, I am sorry. :( When the shiny Giratina appeared, I was not calm in ANY sense. First, when it slid down, I had the crazy expression on my face. You know when one of your friends tells you something ridiculous, and you give them a look of suspicion? That is the look I had on my face because I saw that the Giratina had an odd color, and I could not believe me eyes! Then, I saw and heard the sparkles! Afterwards, I ran into my younger brother's room and did a fist pump, and I jumped up and down with wild abandon. He claimed to have heard the shiny noise from the other room, so he knew why I was so happy. I hugged him, then I came to this thread to post my play-by-play. I have taken pictures with my camera phone, but they are of HORRENDOUS quality. I will post them later.

I am so giddy. :) It is in my box, so I must go check its stats and such now.

Good luck, everyone!

Once again, I must say: shiny Giratina is like candy for my eyes. *__* Definitely a shiny that I deserve!

Here are is the info in Altered Form:

HP - 201
Attack - 107
Defense - 128
SAtk - 109
SDef - 130
Speed - 93

Possible IVs: Bashful #487 Giratina: 7 - 8 / 18 - 19 / 22 - 23 / 23 / 26, 28 / 8 - 9

My Synchronizer did not work, but I do not care. A shiny is a shiny!

Years
So then what's the mean amount of SRs that one goes through to find a shiny?
Mean (ideal average of the SR counts of all successful hunts): 8192
Median (half take less, half take more): 5678 (Seriously. I didn't just type 4 consecutive digits to try and look smart.)

I'd have to dig out my stats textbook to get you the standard deviation for a long string of Bernoulli trials, but it's going to be somewhere in the thousands.

Gratz on the Chimchar and Giratina. Busy with class and work so I haven't posted much anywhere. I've done 2253 Kyogre SRs now, so that's certainly still going. Here's to hoping I don't hit 5678. ^o^

mathioks

owner of the lonestar's gym
Years
hi everyone, gratz on the giratina,my best friend is sring one too, he said he was around 2000 srings by now, as for me, i am at 3 boxes and 7 hatched torchics ( i just woke up cause the night before i just HAD to get to 3 hatched boxes XD ) i am using the masuda method and hope it'll shine fast, come to think about it, 97 hatched egg's is like 388 srings for a torchic, ... damn this is going slow XD well yeah hoping to be able to put whole day in breeding today cause from tomorrow till saturday i won't be able to play my games anymore, good luck to everyone on there hunts!!

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
First of all, congratulations on the epicly hatched/soft-resetted/chained new Shinies!! THey look great. 8D

As for me, I've updated my signature to my current stats, I've gotten some new foreign Pokemon for my collection, and am going to restart hatching Charmander using the Masuda Method on my Diamond 1 game with the Japanese Charmander I got last night, so I can keep track of how many it will take. Later everybody.

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
I hate you Lord Danswich. (j/k)

You got your sttupid Chimchar on the 39th egg while I passed 1000.. ;^;

I have a feeling that those eggs that I never got to hatch (DS crashed) one of them was a shiny.... ;<

I am having no luck and I feel like quitting and just starting on hatching (shiny) Aipom for my team. (And the other shiny Pokemon team members, Chimchar isn't on the team)

<:(

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
Hey guys still trying to find a shiny in Ruby. Really hoping for a shiny Koffing, or Slugma, or Grimer (rare). Using Illuminate so I'll encounter more.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Good luck with your random encountering, DK, and good luck to everyone else as well.

But other than that, I'm at a loss for words. After less than 150 soft resets on this particular ID (I got it yesterday, and I've been SRing casually), I obtained a second shiny Treecko from my Sapphire version! It is female, has a Calm nature, and according to the Pokemon Breeder in Emerald, has flawless HP. w00t? Yes, w00t indeed!

My next target in Sapphire will be Kyogre (since the one I have is an RNG clone and all), then I will soft reset for another shiny Latios. Or perhaps I will go for a Regi...

Here are some pictures of my latest shinies. The quality is pretty bad, so if you have sensitive eyes, I'm sorry. :(

Shiny Treecko summary at level 6
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz85/ShinyFufu/ShinyTreeckoSummary.jpg

Shiny Treecko vs. Wild Zigzagoon
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz85/ShinyFufu/ShinyTreecko.jpg

The reason why I was not able to take a picture of it against the initial Poochyena is because my camera phone (which is what I used to take the pictures) was dead, and I could not find my charger right away. I figured that beating the Poochyena and saving my game was more important. :)

Shiny Giratina encounter
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz85/ShinyFufu/ShinyGiratinaEncounter.jpg
It doesn't even look shiny. :(

Shiny Giratina in the PokeDex
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz85/ShinyFufu/ShinyGiratinaDex.jpg
Now it does!

Alrighty. Now I SERIOUSLY need to get shiny Shroomish. Lol.

Edit: Wow, I didn't realize how small the pictures were...dammit. Sorry you guys. :(

Major Edit:

Okay, well, you know how I said I was at a loss for words earlier? Yeah, I still am.

Me at a different forum said:
After only 432 encounters on my LG on Route 5...

I'm in a battle with a shiny Meowth...I'm literally shaking at the moment. I was reading some posts in the HG/SS Forum about speculation of Kanto's role in HG/SS. While I was doing that, I was hatching for Shroomish, and random encountering for a shiny Meowth. I wasn't even EXPECTING to find a Meowth, and my whole mindset was "okay, as soon as Blastoise runs out of PP, I'm going to save my game"...and then, on the 432nd encounter, I hear Meowth's cry...then the sound of the shiny noise. I didn't get to see the sparkles, but when I looked down, the Meowth had the purple tail!

I will proceed to battle it right now. I took pictures with my camera phone, but the grass under Meowth looks yellow, so it doesn't look right. :( I will use my brother's camera phone, then...it's still hard to tell, though.

Alright, I switched out to my level 10 Meowth (it was in my party for Pick Up). I use Scratch. It uses Growl.

I use Scratch again...it uses Scratch against me.

I throw a Luxury Ball...

SHINY MEOWTH WAS CAPTURED!!!

Saved my game, and now I'm off to the Pokemon Center to check its stats and such.

Alrighty here's the info:

Male, Relaxed nature, Met in Route 5 at Lv. 12
HP: 34
Attack: 17
Defense: 16
Special Attack: 15
Special Defense: 17
Speed: 24

Caught in a Luxury Ball!

Goodness what amazing luck...less than 24 hours after my shiny Treecko, I get this beauty. :D This is going to stay as a shiny Meowth for tons of reasons, the biggest being that I was originally inspired to go for a shiny Meowth after seeing an episode of Pokemon. And Persian doesn't have Pick Up. ;) I am very happy that I caught it as a Meowth because it goes very nicely with a Luxury Ball.

I am not used to being this lucky...in all my years of shiny hunting, I've never gotten THREE shinies in less than a week. This is truly amazing. In fact, I've gotten NINE separate 1/8192 chance shinies in the last two months.

Good luck to EVERYONE that is hunting! Believe me, I've had more than my fair share (that doesn't mean I don't want anymore, though! :p)

I can't post the pictures right now because my brother is using his cell phone to talk with his friends while he plays MapleStory. I will post them tomorrow morning, however.

Once again, good luck to all!

You read that correctly folks; I've managed to snag myself a shiny Meowth! A nice shiny, if I do say so myself, but this luck is really killing me! -_- I'm never this lucky, this is usually Storm_Dragoon or Dark_Steelix's job!

Now I KNOW my luck is gone for the month. 3 traditional shinies in 10 days? I probably won't get another one for the rest of the year. Lol.

Last edited:

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
Okay guys, I'm back, and slightly dissapointed. I was in the Safari Zone in my LeafGreen, and I saw, and caught, a shiny with one ball. But it wasn't a Tauros or Kangaskhan as I had been hoping and praying. It. Was. A. God-darned. Nidoran. Female.

phpQIWMUHAM.jpg

(Yes I know the picture sucks, but it was the best I could do).

She's Hasty, and her IVs are the following:

1/22/21/27/22/11

Not half bad, but could I at least get an Exeggcute or something non-Pokeradarable? Sorry to sound bitter, but that's not what I wanted in my lengthy search for an Adamant or Jolly Tauros or Kangaskhan. -__-;

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, at least you caught the shiny, so you should be happy about the most! Most SZ shiny stories end up with the shiny running away. :) I can understand your annoyance, though, but congrats on the shiny regardless.

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
Well, at least you caught the shiny, so you should be happy about the most! Most SZ shiny stories end up with the shiny running away. :) I can understand your annoyance, though, but congrats on the shiny regardless.

Thank you! I feel better now, mostly because it's a neat and rare random encounter shiny, and partially because my only other LeafGreen shiny was another Safari Zone Nidoran female, but that one fled from me. >.> That brings my odds of catching an SF shiny in the 3rd Gen to about two-thirds, as I also caught a a shiny Pikachu in my Emerald while looking for a Light Ball Pikachu.

I suppose that aside from catching her, it's also pretty good that she wasn't a Tauros or Kangaskhan as I hoped as chances were that it would have run away! I can barely catch one with a good nature, let a lone a shiny! ^^;

In other news, I taught the Nidoran Counter in LeafGreen before Pal Parking her to my Diamond, where I'm training her to be a Counter Nidoqueen. I'm continuing my two-month old Calm shiny Chinchou/Lanturn hunt whilst training her. I won't evolve her until she learns Crunch at Level 35 or so (I'm too lazy to look up the exact level, but no corrections please!), and she's roughly Level 25 now. Wish me luck!

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Wow, I almost forgot to post here. Sorry about that. ^_^' To make a short story even shorter, I hatched a shiny Shroomish today. It arrived on the 1353rd egg while I was watching my brother and cousin play Super Smash Bros. 64.

It is Female, it has a Docile nature, and it has some okay IVs. Flawless in HP and SDef (not like that matters), but 0 in Attack, lol, so I got a bit shafted in that sense. 'Sokay, though, I don't really mind. :)

I got finished EVing it a while ago, now I'm just levelling it up so that it can learn Spore. Then I shall evolve it. Afterwards, I'll probably just Rare Candy it up some more levels.

Once I do that, I will begin hunting for a shiny in the Old Chateau and fishing for a shiny Shellder on FR.

Good luck, everyone!

Back