• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
I have a question. I've noticed some challenge threads have been started over like the Nuzlocke and monotype ones and I was wondering if the Combined Solo Challenge would be allowed to start over again too. Because I've noticed myrrhman hasn't updated the first post in a while. I do understand that this probably means he has a life and is quite busy with it, but I'd like to mention I have absolutely no life and have made an updated list where every completed challenge after the last update is listed in.
I was just wondering so if it isn't possible, no problem. I'm always willing to give the complete list to myrrhman too.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Wow, should have checked this before I checked my thread. I'm in the process of updating right now, I have all the updates through page 52, but yeah, a full list would be super mega helpful!

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Okay, I wrote up a super rushed challenge, before a little bit of refinement. Now, I want to post this on PC, but FIRST, I want to smooth out anything that may seem confusing. Tell me anything that seems confusing or anything that would prevent you from the joining the challenge:

Pokemon: Region's End Challenge
Objective:
After answering questiosn about how you would go about the
events of your Region's End, you get specified rules. The
Region's End storyline does not exist outside of the questions
and is only to help decide your custom rules.

Rules/How to Play:
Spoiler:

The Four Questions:
Spoiler:

Your REC rules:
Whatever rule corresponds with the letter you chose
for the given question is teh rule you must follow in the
challenge.
Spoiler:

Sign-Up Form:
Spoiler:

Loopholes/Extra:
Spoiler:
*ahem* This^
I can haz suggestion/critiscm?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
First thing to change is the spoilers. ;( Just nitpicking, but I hate when people put all the rules and explanations in spoilers. It's annoying to have to open them up just to read the rules. Spoilers are meant to hide, well, spoilers. So the rules are spoilers!? RUH ROH. And it's also used to save room, but it seems silly to hide the rules. Hide the challenger/champion list sure, cause that's gonna grow and grow and grow. But not the rules.

Other than that, I'm not even awake to read the rules and such. yawn.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
So as many of you hopefully know, I play my Pokemanz on emulators. One time I was fighting a bellsprout, and something glitched, because he used Wrap on me and it didn't stop. Not like he outsped me and kept using Wrap, he used it once and it said "the attack continues" over and over til I died. So... I dislike Wrap.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
GUYS I bought a Game Boy Color today. :) It's green. I'm playing Crystal for PUaP today. ON A GBC. AWWWW YEAH.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm going to have to get my Silver's battery replaced. :( It died the other day. Very sad. btw, when I played Crystal for PUaP yesterday, it asked me to reset the time and day. @_@ Does this happen to GS as well? Does this mean it's gonna die soon? Or did it just extend its life? I'm soooo confused, haha.

Also I have Blue for PUaP today and it's nice playing on my GBC cause like...the cartridge will freeze if it slightly taps something, and the way it sticks out on an SP or GBA makes it easy to happen but it's nice and safe in the GBC so that hasn't happened yet. :3 Makes me happyyyyy. I could play it in the Game Boy as well but...lol...

speaking of puap thank you for posting in there vappy omg i hate editing over and over to update. XD

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
After a way too long break from challenges (not an intentional break, I just had too much to do) I've finally started to actually start (and complete!) some challenges! A few weeks ago I started a trio challenge with Salamence, Froslass, and Carracosta on Black and had a bunch of fun completing it. Since then I decided to start a duo species challenge on Black with Volbeat and Illumise (4 badges!) as well as a grass type ultimate monotype, which I've already started on Pokemon Blue with two badges! I haven't played a GameBoy game in so long, but since I found my SP charger this morning, I decided I would give an ultimate monotype a go! Also, where do you get the battery fixed and how much does it cost? I'm having the same problem as Syd with my Crystal cartridge.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My friend linked me to a battery on Amazon that was like $1.79 and no shipping charge. But he also mentioned they might have them in Radio Shack, so if you have one nearby, you could check that out. And I imagine stores similar to RS might have them as well. I'm going to check some time next week perhaps.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I just got finished replacing the battery in my Silver cartridge. It really wasn't that difficult to do, and all I had to go out to get so I could do it were the batteries. I still need to do the same to my Gold and Crystal games, but I'll save that for later. This is like the 3rd time restarting my Johto Grass monotype run because it wouldn't save. First with Gold that ended up not saving, then again with the same problem in Silver. But now I have it fixed so I can continue my challenges!

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Yeah, I'm absolutely always hoarding TMs. Black and White were a blessing to me because TMs could be reused.
Getting all TMs was like an unofficial challenge next to getting the gym badges. Even now I only use them in challenges and even then I feel a little awkward when there's one missing from the list (I'm a bit OCD like that) and I like getting all of them every game even those from the game corner (I've stopped doing that in challenges though, money shortage :D).
Using a TM simply could not do. They were and still are more like collectibles to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back