• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
How do i add (not replace) a pallette to Newest A-map?
You don't. Twelve is the maximum.

In some cases, AMap 1.95 shows palettes 13, 14, and 15. Don't edit them or use them; they're not real. They're replaced by palettes for dialog boxes IIRC) during gameplay.

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have a rather minor problem, but one that keeps bugging me nonetheless. (And it has probably been answered a thousand times over already, though my search didn't give me any results of the like.)
When I insert a new OW in a map, say Alabastia, using AM and then load the game in VBA the OW is nowhere to be found. He is still on the map in AM, but ingame he is just gone. Any ideas why that is? Someone in another forum suggested deleting all the map scripts in the header, but the problem is still there. I am at a bit of a loss here.

I had a similar problem. There are a couple of solutions.

1. There are two many OWs on the map.
2. A OW may have the same No. I.e Once I had a Charmander and a Cyndaquil that were both number 7, after two hours of trying to solve the problem I found out that was it...I nearly commited.

Now MY problem. I hate sounding nooby like this, but I'm trying to use the hacked routine applier. I basically want all of the features (except the one that deletes the grass routine.) But half of them ask for variables among other things and I have no idea what to put in there. And don't tell me to read the document with it because it's just 44 pages of gibberish to me. Thanks in advance peeps.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
On my firered hack, how can a change the settings of a map so that i will be able to run and ride my bike? Any help would be appreciated.
The "Show name on entering" setting affects whether or not you can run/bike. It alternates every two values; 00 and 01 disable running, 02 and 03 enable it, 04 and 05 disable it, and so on.

Map type also should not be "Inside", and you may have to avoid the "Inside" weather as well.

Thrasher24

~Legendary Master~
Years
You don't. Twelve is the maximum.

In some cases, AMap 1.95 shows palettes 13, 14, and 15. Don't edit them or use them; they're not real. They're replaced by palettes for dialog boxes IIRC) during gameplay.

Thats gay. well, how can i use Pallette 1 (or 0, w.e it is) and use my Custom pallette 1 w.o replacing it? What pallette is NOT used in Emerald, but is still an option?

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Thats gay. well, how can i use Pallette 1 (or 0, w.e it is) and use my Custom pallette 1 w.o replacing it? What pallette is NOT used in Emerald, but is still an option?
Well, you can't.

It's my understanding that of the 12(?) palettes, half are for the major tileset and half are for the minor. Either tileset can use colors from the other's palettes, but the colors only look right when the two tilesets are paired together.

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
I was making a warp leading to a different map, and when i go through it the screen goes black. I tried it prwviously using same tiles etc and it worked. Why is this happening?

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
I was making a warp leading to a different map, and when i go through it the screen goes black. I tried it prwviously using same tiles etc and it worked. Why is this happening?
What are the settings on the warp? What tile did you place beneath it? And how many warps are on the target map?

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2011
One question

Does anyone know a script for when u click a poke ball it contains a starter like squritle and those other 2?

Thrasher24

~Legendary Master~
Years
Well, you can't.

It's my understanding that of the 12(?) palettes, half are for the major tileset and half are for the minor. Either tileset can use colors from the other's palettes, but the colors only look right when the two tilesets are paired together.

Well nvm now cuz i found a way around it (i hope). Back to the Natdex script thing, plz. I got it to work for the first time. But nxt time i opened the game, it DIDNT work. And now i changed the right script, saved (it STAYED Saved), but it still wont work. Can you (or ANYBODY) PLZ send the FULL script w/ nat dex installed and i can just replace the old one. Thnx in advance. will add ya to credits wen game done.

Does anyone know a script for when u click a poke ball it contains a starter like squritle and those other 2?

as in adding starters? or changing the starters? or having a diff location?

to move them to diff map, copy ALL info of the script block (both from script program and a-map). Make new srcipt block (wherever) than just transfer info.

Changing straters themselves, a-starter.

idk bout anything else

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2011
Ok new question How can i change the character you be in rpg maker?? xp??

Other question: Does anyone know a hack pokemon game where you play as team rocket (not Pokemon TRE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back