• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
But didn't gay originally mean "happy"? So it didn't come from homosexuality. Obviously people did use it with homophobic intentions, but I believe its moving on from that now. Obviously not for everyone there are still people who use it offensively but I believe its not synonymous anymore.
Perhaps in some parts of the world, but where I live, people seem to use gay (among other more provocative words) to describe a lot of things and throw it around insultingly all the time. Rather unfortunate, really, considering the fact that I see it being used now more than in the past. Makes me wonder where in the world you live that it isn't being used like that.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
I personally have no issue with people using "gay" as a slur. I know that 90% of them have no intentions of being homophobic, and it's just become a natural part of speech.

Years
I personally have no issue with people using "gay" as a slur. I know that 90% of them have no intentions of being homophobic, and it's just become a natural part of speech.
Yeah this. It's just a part of speech to me. I don't mean to say anything mean about homosexuals. I just hate it when I can't say gay because of them.

I mean, I'm half black and such and if anyone or any friends of mine said the N word, then I wouldn't say they aren't aloud to say it. I personally wouldn't care. :p

Everybody please watch this video from start to finish. I loved that people aren't afraid to voice their support for gays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhl9MLno424

I've seen that on TV, that was a good episode. Personally I wouldn't really say anything but yeah. Since I myself find having two moms/dads weird.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
That video was posted by someone a while back (I'm pretty sure it was in this thread, anyway, but I could be wrong). That was quite possibly the most heartwarming video I've ever seen.

Also, it's time for more gay news! This is a pair of articles about an Australian bigot politician named Bob Katter who is vehemently against gay marriage. You'll need to read both articles to get why it's so interesting. In a way, it's an Australian Michelle Bachmann parallel.

Article 1
Article 2

I think more disturbing than the articles is one of the comments I saw on Article 2:

Someone Who Wouldn't Dare Say That To My Face If They Know What's Good For Them said:
You are a defeatist Sunshine. The way our government is treating this country, it will soon be taken over by muslims. Then Bob won't have anything to worry about, because they will soon get rid of the Gay movement, with one clear swipe.
Carl said Bob is inciting hate ..... no Bob is not! Carl and his Gay group are inciting hate by trying to steal into marriage of straight people.

If they want to live their life in this disgusting manner, then let them find another name for it. The Gay community is inciting hatred in people..

How sad for Bob to have Carl as his half Brother."

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
That video was posted by someone a while back (I'm pretty sure it was in this thread, anyway, but I could be wrong). That was quite possibly the most heartwarming video I've ever seen.

Also, it's time for more gay news! This is a pair of articles about an Australian bigot politician named Bob Katter who is vehemently against gay marriage. You'll need to read both articles to get why it's so interesting. In a way, it's an Australian Michelle Bachmann parallel.

Article 1
Article 2

I think more disturbing than the articles is one of the comments I saw on Article 2:
And now I'm sad again. :(

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
I keep asking myself the same question since I was 14. Do I matter to these people? Because honestly I don't feel like it.
EDIT: By these people I mean politicians.

Years
Everybody please watch this video from start to finish. I loved that people aren't afraid to voice their support for gays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhl9MLno424
Okay, talk about ironic when you go to watch a video about gay parents and youtube gives you an ad for mattresses showing a bunch of naked-but-covered straight couples lying in bed.

I saw this once before and it's great to know there are good people out there.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Is anyone here from NYC? This crazy Jamaican homophobic lady is always in the subways singing about how lesbians and "batty boys" are following her everywhere.

What the hell is a "batty boy", anyway?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
What the hell is a "batty boy", anyway?

I guess she hates Baseball. Not sure what the two have to do with each other though.

If I ever go to NYC, I should find her and follow her around, wearing a shirt that says Batty Boy.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
lmao ok ok ok, am I the only one who kind of loves the term 'batty boy'? I've never heard of it before and I realise it's meant to be derogatory, but it sounds AWESOME. I sort of want to change my usertitle to it :P

Here's another topic: If you could change your sexual orientation would you?

We've had this question before lol, twice if I recall :P you're welcome to answer though, since you weren't around at the time! Well anyone's still welcome to answer really, but I don't see the point if you have before.

Years
lmao ok ok ok, am I the only one who kind of loves the term 'batty boy'? I've never heard of it before and I realise it's meant to be derogatory, but it sounds AWESOME. I sort of want to change my usertitle to it :P

your being such a batty boy! LOL

I'm liking it as well XD

We've had this question before lol, twice if I recall :P you're welcome to answer though, since you weren't around at the time! Well anyone's still welcome to answer really, but I don't see the point if you have before.

Whoops sorry about that. I got the idea from another gay club I was in :p

Renii

Se(Renii)ty
Years
On the topic of people using gay as a term for "bad."

Idk if I have told posted this in this thread before but anyway. In India, people use the word "hijra" or "chhakka" as an insult. These people are basically transsexual or trangendered people. And this is considered as acceptable behaviour. Young children, like 5-6 year olds would also use words like this to insult each other, especially the effeminate ones.
And gay, hmm, almost everybody here considers being homosexual wrong, and gay is pretty much an insult, any way you use it :O

Back to the topic. When I first came out, one of my friends called me a fag. In his defense, he said that his peer group used the word as an insult always, and that he really didn't mean to offend me because he hadn't used that word in a homophobic way.
My point is, I can forgive people if they use the word fag or gay to say something is stupid, but I don't like the usage. I agree with Shining Raichu on this point, why do you need a new word which could offend others around you rather than just say what you actually mean?

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
it's awesome that pc has a group like this too! i guess i'll join as a proud lesbian. ^^

I would just like to mention, at my school, I hear gay more times when someone is insulting or making fun of gays or calling someone gay more times then I hear someone call something stupid gay. (That still happens though.) To be honest, that kinda bothers me a bit.

same at my school. everybody insults gays. i only know a handful of people who are for gay marriage and accept it. actually, one of the teachers at my school is a lesbian, and i hear all sorts of insults towards her from other kids. they don't say it in her face, but i hear people back talking about her. i stepped in someone's group where they were talking crap about her and told them that they should be more respectful, and that love is love and she is doing no wrong in loving the same gender. i don't know if they cared or not, as i walked away afterwards.

Back