• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Harry Potter is, regardless of who reads it, a children's book so don't expect War and Peace. The hero gets to live, to win, and the bad guys lose. It's just how a lot of fiction aimed at certain age groups is written.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
The Perks of Being a Wallflower is quite possibly the best movie I have seen this quarter. I won't say "this year" in a year that included The Avengers and Young Adult, but it was freaking amazing.

Funny, touching, moving, deep, insightful. I was hit by a truckload of feels.

Also Emma Watson.
Yes to all of that apart from Emma Watson. I loved Logan Lerman and Ezra Miller, but Emma was definitely the weakest link out of that cast.
Harry Potter is, regardless of who reads it, a children's book so don't expect War and Peace. The hero gets to live, to win, and the bad guys lose. It's just how a lot of fiction aimed at certain age groups is written.
Spoilers, Scarfy!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Mr Cat Dog said:
Yes to all of that apart from Emma Watson. I loved Logan Lerman and Ezra Miller, but Emma was definitely the weakest link out of that cast.

I agree that she was the weakest out of those three (most likely due to the fact that this was her first foray into American movies), but that doesn't mean by any stretch of the imagination that she was weak.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I wouldn't take on Emma Watson's acting prowess in front of Andy, oh dear.

Years
The Perks of Being a Wallflower is quite possibly the best movie I have seen this quarter. I won't say "this year" in a year that included The Dark Knight Rises and Skyfall, but it was freaking amazing.

I fixed it for you.

Anyways, I bought 2012 on DVD so I can get my full doomsday-themed enjoyment. Hahahaha.

Years
Going to see the Hobbit... actually, right now. I have low-ish expectations for various reasons. We'll see if they exceed them.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I'm going to see the Hobbit next weekend, but before that I have to watch the first three LOTR films because I haven't seen them, lmao. Go Harley! Fill your mind with the world of fantasy!
Everyone always gives me dirty looks whenever I say that I haven't seen the first three films, lol. Like I'm a heathen or something.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Harley is typing with proper punctuation. Harley honey what's wrong, are you OK? Talk to me, whatever it is we can get through it.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Besides, the Hobbit is a prequel to the Lord of the Rings trilogy, so I'll be watching the Hobbit before I can watch the Lord of the Rings.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Besides, the Hobbit is a prequel to the Lord of the Rings trilogy, so I'll be watching the Hobbit before I can watch the Lord of the Rings.
But it's only a third of the story. You'll have a long way to go before you can watch Lord of the Rings then.

It kinda feels like a sequel, prequel, and side story all at once. It starts about ten minutes before Fellowship of the Ring starts. So, you have the kind of alternate familiarity going on. Then it jumps to sixty years prior. With the possible exception of Bilbo, any characters we see that are also from the LotR trilogy aren't really (re)introduced or developed. There's an assumption you know about them. It's more like "Oh, I know you. Okay, what are you doing now?". So, in that sense I think it makes more watching LotR first I think

Years
Ugh. There are just too many movies out right now. Anna Karenina, The Hobbit, Lincoln, Hitchcock, Skyfall, Les Mis. Why don't they put these out during those dry months when there's nothing good to see? I can't afford to watch all these movies at the same time.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Oh yeah. I still need to see Lincoln.

My local theatre has been playing some Christmas movies this month. So, I've been doing that. Already aught the original Miracle on 34th Street. Will stop by again for National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation later this week.

They're just Blu-rays (or DVD if not available), but its fun seeing them in a theatre. I can spare the discounted price their offered at (between $2 and $6)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back