• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen beating Ultra Necrozma

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
Years
I just beat Necrozma, he was so completely and utterly easy, I have no idea why people think he is suppose to be so hard. I used curse from Mimikyu and well. Two pokemon later he died really fast. Fight lasted maybe 2 minutes at best.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
It took me a few tries but I ordered my team so Zoroark was sent out first and Illusion'd as a Pokémon weak to Psychic to bait out its Prismatic Laser. Once I could survive the first hit like that it wasn't too hard to just kill it in two hits with super effective STAB Nasty Plot.

User19sq

Ultra Necrozma was a piece of cake for me. I two-shot it with my Decidueye.

My recommendation: use priority moves like Sucker Punch. It's already a glass cannon.

Haggerella

Captain Butts
Years
I was lucky with my team (bunch of beef cakes who could handle a hit), but my boyfriend's team were all hugely weak to it and he was obliterated like 8 times and had no idea how to take it down. He ended up leaving the wormhole and training all his guys up like 10 levels.

In the middle of this time he put his 3DS down for a week to emotionally recover from being owned by Pokemon so hard lmao

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen yesterday
It went down pretty quickly for me :p
I'm thankful for my Aegislash and Neverending Nightmare, it also helped that most of my team had a type advantage against either Psychic or Dragon. Ultra Necrozma's difficulty was a step in the right direction after BW2's Kyurem fight imo. It proved that a boss battle consisting of one Pokémon vs your entire party could actually be challenging.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
For me I was betting on Malamar holding Quick Claw and Topsy Turvy to deal with those boosted stats. Necrozma actually went first but my Malamar was able to hold it out thanks to Pokemon Refresh's mechanic, and Malamar was able to get at least one other move in. After Malamar fainted, I had my Decidueye used Spirit Shackle and boom done.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
My Salazzle outsped Ultra Necrozma and was able to use Toxic before getting knocked out. He kept one-shotting my entire team however so I had to keep using revives on my Mons until Necrozma fainted from the poison. Definitely would've lost the battle if I didn't have Toxic or Salazzle.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
It wasn't too rough for me. I think only one of my Pokemon was knocked out. They were all around Lv 60.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I got wiped out by Ultra Necrozma the first time I fought it (my team was at 51-55 and I had an Incineroar as my starter). I've learned that there are three options to defeat Necrozma.

The first option is to catch yourself a Zorua and evolve it into a Zoroark. Then you place it in your first slot and a Poison type of your choice in your last slot and exploit Necrozma's A.I. on spamming Photon Geyser on Zoroark to no effect.

The second option is the cheaper route I took, which is Toxic Stall. Basically, teach a Pokémon with a Sturdy ability the move Toxic (and optionally Protect). Necrozma cannot heal itself from status moves, and Toxic slowly chips off more HP in each turn.

And finally, the third option is to waste your time level grinding your team to its level, even when the highest leveled wild Pokémon aren't accessible until postgame. What this means is to spam Poke Fresh and the infamous Exp. Share. But good luck with either options for those wanting a little more challenge because this level of difficulty also gives the middle finger to Nuzlocke players.

Years
ImThe second option is the cheaper route I took, which is Toxic Stall. Basically, teach a Pokémon with a Sturdy ability the move Toxic (and optionally Protect). Necrozma cannot heal itself from status moves, and Toxic slowly chips off more HP in each turn.
One little problem: Photon Geyser negates abilities. So if you have a Steel-type, or got the Focus Sash from Dancer Julia at Poni Wilds, those are more foolproof, I'd say.

Or if you have an Araquanid with Mirror Coat, that with Focus Sash can say screw you to it. Not only that, but if you have something with Endeavor, Focus Sash and Quick Attack, that can trivialize it (thank you Marriland for reminding me of that strategy).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
I used a Mudsdale, Alakazam, and Trevenant against this ultra behemoth.

Mudsdale helped out to slow it down with a few Low Sweeps. It was able to dodge a couple of moves thanks to my sufficient use of Pokémon Refresh. Alakazam did a decent chunk of damage with one Dazzling Gleam before going down to a Smart Strike. Lastly, my Trevenant had a Focus Sash to endure one Photon Geyser. With -2 stages in speed, Necrozma was outsped and I took it down with two Shadow Claws My other team mates were used as damage fodder.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Essentially Pokémon Refresh made the fight a cakewalk for me. It missed Photon geyser, I got a decidium-z off, it missed again and I spirit shackled, then sucker punched. The fight was over in about a minute.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2017
Ultra Necromoza battle

Hey,
In my walkthrough of Pokémon ultra sun, I've noticed that in some battles, my Pokémon are super outleveled.
If I'm doing something wrong, I would really like to know because right now at the ultra necromoza battle, and I just can't seem to win.
Thanks in advance!
Alola!

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
What I did to beat Ultra Necrozma was use Zoroark, and have it disguised as a Psychic-weak Pokemon so I could spam Dark Pulse while Necrozma was unable to attack. If you don't want to use Zoroark then that's fine, but what you could try doing is spamming Roto Boost or X Sp. Def (it's a special attacker) in order to outlive its attacks.

Years
First, catch a Mimikyu. Since Mimikyu has the Disguse ability, it'll act like an automatic Subsitute, so you wouldn't have to worry about grinding. Get the TM for Toxic, which is located at the far west side of Aether Paradise B1. Mimikyu can learn Toxic, (might need some Revives!). Once you are at Ultra Metropolis (Make sure Mimikyu is in the front of the party), proceed to the battle. Ultra Necrozma will bust the Disguise the first turn, and Mimikyu will get its Toxic move in, badly poisoning Necrozma. Then, let Necrozma kill your Pokémon while using the turn to revive your fainted Pokémon, and the Toxic damage takes more damage along the way, so you wouldn't have to worry about it not being very effective. Hope this helped!

string555

Banned
Years
I beat it first try, but I barely scraped by. :O

I had Mimikyu in lead, who got completely destroyed in 1 hit. I sent out Drifblim, tried to use Shadow Ball, but it was also destroyed first. Next up was Sableye, I used Fake Out to get a tiny bit of damage, then died next turn. I sent out Pallossand next, it somehow survived with 1 HP, so I was able to get a shadow ball in to do some mild damage. My Alolan Marowak was up to the plate, but I just used him to be able to get a revive in for my Drifblim. After Marowak was out, I sent out Drifblim. Luckily for me, when it got hit, it gave one of those "Your pokemon kept itself from fainting to prevent you from being sad" things, so I was able to use Explosion for some decent damage. The next turn I used Trevenant just to use a revive on Mimikyu. Finally, I used Mimikyu's special 'Let's Cuddle Forever' Z-Move, and that was game.

So basically, I got through it much more by luck than any skill, but it was still pretty epic. :D

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I beat it on my first try with Primarina. It survived an attack with about 30 HP, so I was able to get off a moonblast and take half it's health. I used a Max Revive on Primarina, it dodged an attack, and the 2nd moonblast killed it.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
The fastest way to beat ultra necrozma is to have a mimiku, and have it use curse. It doesn't matter what lvl - I beat it with a lvl 17 mimiku. You would also need 5 other pokemon, the ones that you used in the game so far. I am a pokemon master so don't question my strange but smart strategys{:3}. Oh i forgot - the mimiku HAS to have his magic ability that lets him break his neck when he is attacked by a pokemon that doesn't have the ability mold breaker.

Last edited:
Back