• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Lilac [Beta 1 Released!]

Magikarplvl.98

The Water Pokemon Defender
Years
This is one of the best hacks I've ever scence period!
One question how did so many different gens of pokemon get to this area?
Maybe something to put in the game? Other than that great game and I hope that you don't end up ditching the project.

P.S. I not accussing you of even thinking about but I know a friend who stopped halfway through there own hack (don't ask who he isn't on pokecommunity) just good luck and stuff.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2011
Wow.. Just wow. This hack is pretty awesome, I played it for a bit and the story is just great! I also love the mapping you've done! Great job, I hope there comes more!

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2016
This is AWESOME! I really really like your maps, tilesets and .. well.. Your whole hack. I haven't played it yet, but I'll download it right away!

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2014
Played a bit more of it, very impressive. I have a small question though; Will Snorunt (and other Pokemon with D/P specific evolutions) be able to evolve into Froslass? I know that you want to keep those details secret, so sorry if this is intrusive or anything?

Also, in the next update, will the 5th generation Pokemon be named according to their English names? I know that some (Cottonee, for instance) have Japanese names still. Not that big of a deal, just wondering.

Umm...I could have sworn there was one more thing...Oh. On your trainer card, it shows the old character from Fire Red, and not Indie. I don't know if there's anything you can do about this, but I figured I'd just let you know.

Last thing. Just found this, just a minor typo. Talk to the girl in the upper right house in Suplure City. She says..."I see Suplure City as being snobby. Does that me a snob as well?" Should be "make me a." Just a typo.

Good luck in the future, I (and many others) are looking forward to it!

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
This is one of the best hacks I've ever scence period!
One question how did so many different gens of pokemon get to this area?
Maybe something to put in the game? Other than that great game and I hope that you don't end up ditching the project.

P.S. I not accussing you of even thinking about but I know a friend who stopped halfway through there own hack (don't ask who he isn't on pokecommunity) just good luck and stuff.

Thanks, mate :D

Seeing as Lowen is a completely new region, there isn't anything that restricts it from having more than one region's Pokemon. I can't see myself quitting in a long time.

Wow.. Just wow. This hack is pretty awesome, I played it for a bit and the story is just great! I also love the mapping you've done! Great job, I hope there comes more!

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it :P

This is AWESOME! I really really like your maps, tilesets and .. well.. Your whole hack. I haven't played it yet, but I'll download it right away!

Go for it!

Great hack. I have played through it already and plan on LP it. Once again great hack.

Wow, a LP already? I'd personally say that its a bit short to LP, but I'm sure that you'd be able to squeeze a few episodes out of it :)

Played a bit more of it, very impressive. I have a small question though; Will Snorunt (and other Pokemon with D/P specific evolutions) be able to evolve into Froslass? I know that you want to keep those details secret, so sorry if this is intrusive or anything?

Also, in the next update, will the 5th generation Pokemon be named according to their English names? I know that some (Cottonee, for instance) have Japanese names still. Not that big of a deal, just wondering.

Umm...I could have sworn there was one more thing...Oh. On your trainer card, it shows the old character from Fire Red, and not Indie. I don't know if there's anything you can do about this, but I figured I'd just let you know.

Last thing. Just found this, just a minor typo. Talk to the girl in the upper right house in Suplure City. She says..."I see Suplure City as being snobby. Does that me a snob as well?" Should be "make me a." Just a typo.

Good luck in the future, I (and many others) are looking forward to it!

I never really thought about 4th Gen (pre)evolutions, but at this point I think that having members of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th Generations are enough.

Of course I'll be anglicising their names - They either had no English names when the last Beta was released or none of the names had been confirmed.

I didn't insert the Indie trainer sprite? ;_;

Thanks again for the typos - You're pretty good at finding my horrible, horrible mistakes :P

1089qjc.jpg

Its been a few weeks since my last update, but I'm not dead yet. I've completed the remainder of Mt. Trope (You can see two floors in the current beta), which as you can see from the first screenshot, you will need Flash to get through it :P

DarkKarate.png
RocksSmash.png

Route 6 has been redesigned, so forget about the screenshot shown in my last update. You'll still be going up against your rival CJ though.

Cut.png
Jump.png

Finally, here is the tiny Cronlon Town. It has an astonishing amount of flowers and was built to work with nature, rather than fight against it. It also hold the Cronlon Dojo which makes the bond between trainer and Pokemon its number one priority. The golden bell in the centre of town also has special properties...

Centre.png
Dojo.png
Breeze.png

I've also been thinking about going over some of my earlier scripts and adding a few 'quests'. Examples would be catching a Pokemon, getting an item, delivering mail or even listening to people ramble on about Rapidash. You'd get special items in reward obviously, so it would all be worth it.

Anyway, rate or comment - Do your thing :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2014
Haha, well, you asked for us to comment. :P

This is another thing I noticed. (Two things, actually.) First, when I was fighting the 2nd gym, well I got crushed. But that's not the problem. Thing is, instead of returning to the Poliberg PC, I got sent all the way to Bolderville! I was devastated. :P

Then, to add to the mystery, the nurse started talking to me like she was my Mum! It even said Mum:Blah blah blah...This only happens when you black out though, so it's probably just a hitch in the system.

That being said...It's still a brilliant game. I wish there was some Iron so I could evolve Tyrogue into Hitmontop...but who's complaining? :P

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
I don't think that it is too short I am pretty sure that there will be definitely more than 5 episodes most likely around 10, but there is definitely a good amount of material to use. I will be cutting out any Th gen Pokémon tell the release just so I don't spoil anything for anyone. Also I found a bug when you exit the town map the image of the bag and everything around it disappears. I really like this hack so keep up the great work.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Haha, well, you asked for us to comment. :P

This is another thing I noticed. (Two things, actually.) First, when I was fighting the 2nd gym, well I got crushed. But that's not the problem. Thing is, instead of returning to the Poliberg PC, I got sent all the way to Bolderville! I was devastated. :P

Then, to add to the mystery, the nurse started talking to me like she was my Mum! It even said Mum:Blah blah blah...This only happens when you black out though, so it's probably just a hitch in the system.

That being said...It's still a brilliant game. I wish there was some Iron so I could evolve Tyrogue into Hitmontop...but who's complaining? :P

Seems like I've got some more work with the scripts that run after you're defeated, eh? From the sounds of it shouldn't be hard - It seems like two values aren't cooperating in that particular one.

no hitmntop 4 u ;P

I don't think that it is too short I am pretty sure that there will be definitely more than 5 episodes most likely around 10, but there is definitely a good amount of material to use. I will be cutting out any Th gen Pokémon tell the release just so I don't spoil anything for anyone. Also I found a bug when you exit the town map the image of the bag and everything around it disappears. I really like this hack so keep up the great work.

Awesome, I'm sure that you'll do a great job :)

The World Map bug was already reported in the notepad document that came with the beta.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
1089qjc.jpg

I just have a small update today. I've completed Cronlon Town's maps, tiles and scripts and inserted so I'll be starting on the next route soon. Manipulation also donated a cool textbox a while ago which I've inserted as the sign box. Anyway, here are some screens of the interior of the Cronlon Dojo and the new textbox.

LeechSeed.png
DojoMaster.png
EnteiStatue.png

thenickel09

Lurker
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
This hack looks fantastic. The spriting, worksmanship, and skill involved to produce such a masterpiece is beyond me!

Looking forward to seeing more updates and when I decide to stop being lazy I will definitely download this hack.

Congrats and good luck :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2023
I've played a little bit of the Beta, and I've seemed to hit a snag. I found Oak in the cave, and followed him to Bolderville, but after he entered the Trade building (thus after the guy offered me the egg), I went into the Trade Building, and notyhing happened. I roamed the town a bit, and, trying to leave to the south caused me to be stopped by that Youngster- whereas I could freely wander into the grass to the West of town. I encountered a Pokemon, having none of my own, and I fainted. Could this have been a problem on my part, or is there a slight problem with it?
I have the same problem, only turning on the music didn't help. Sound is on and not muted and i still get the "you do not have enough points" message.

EDIT: It's working now after i turned the sound setting to stereo.

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
Where'd prof oak go? he went into the trade house and disappeared.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
This hack looks fantastic. The spriting, worksmanship, and skill involved to produce such a masterpiece is beyond me!

Looking forward to seeing more updates and when I decide to stop being lazy I will definitely download this hack.

Congrats and good luck :D

Thanks, mate.

I hope you a good time while playing :D

I have the same problem, only turning on the music didn't help. Sound is on and not muted and i still get the "you do not have enough points" message.

EDIT: It's working now after i turned the sound setting to stereo.

That is both worrying and great to hear :D

I have no idea what is causing this glitch (As I've never experienced it), but thank you providing another (possible) fix :3

Where'd prof oak go? he went into the trade house and disappeared.

Its a glitch with tentative fixes. Read emlin_rose's post above or have a look at .txt file that came with the game :)

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
this looks like a hot game I like the tilesets and graphics. The story line looks hot too

Thanks, bro :)

Anyway, I've made a few slight updates on the released Beta to (hopefully) remove a few glitches, misspellings and provide English B/W names. There is nothing new, so there is no need to download it if you've already played it. I've also provided an A-Ptch patch in case you want to use it :)

Beta 1.1 Linkie~~~

As for what is happening right now, I've completed the mapping for the next two routes and town, but there are still a number of scripts to insert. No screens for now, unfortunately D:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Holy crap there was already a beta out?! Why did no one tell me? :'(

Anyways, I've always loved what you've done with this hack graphically. And if your scripting is anywhere near as good as your mapping, I'm sure I'll thoroughly enjoy this game. With that said, I'm going to go play it right now. :)

Back