• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Returning" Characters

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
As seen in some episodes of Sun and moon where Ash met the two former partners in the first series (Misty/Brock) and here we again in Journeys, where ash met his aloloan professor and schoolmates of pokemon school. Also new episode about 2 days ago where he met prof oak and gary

Do you wish him to see OTHER characters from previous series in Journeys? If so who do you want HIM and GAO to see

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
At this point, since Iris even returned when she was unpopular, I can expect them to have Dawn return next. With Sinnoh remakes around the corner it would make perfect sense to have her return in some way. Only characters I can't see returning are May and Ash's friends from Kalos. Everyone else, maybe even Paul is possible at this point, and I hope to see it.

Drayton

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I forgot that iris have returned only to face ash and chuck noris too.

Years
I really do, but I wish they were able to get more than a single focus episode. Iris's episode would have benefitted more from a two-parter, I feel. Regardless I know it can be hard having old VAs return, so I understand if it's just not feasible.

Cilan return please <3 if we can actually get Mamoru Miyano back for the one episode haha

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Wasn't sure where to put this, but it has now been confirmed that Dawn will be returning in the upcoming arc revolving around Cresselia and Darkrai. Serebii just posted the poster.

I am not sure how long the arc is, but it seems to suggest she is staying for the whole arc.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I honestly figured she was coming back, so this is cool. They released a preview of the new episode with Dawn in it yesterday, and she's just the same as she ever was. Can we hope her team changes this time, though, and she at least evolved her Quilava?

By the way, I still doubt May is coming back because her seiyuu did indeed retire. Unless they hire someone else to play her, or something, like a soundalike, or something to that effect.

Drayton

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Dawn returning. Yeah I just saw trailer on youtube. I hope we get to see her more

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
As seen in some episodes of Sun and moon where Ash met the two former partners in the first series (Misty/Brock) and here we again in Journeys, where ash met his aloloan professor and schoolmates of pokemon school. Also new episode about 2 days ago where he met prof oak and gary
Do you wish him to see OTHER characters from previous series in Journeys? If so who do you want HIM and GAO to see
At this point, since Iris even returned when she was unpopular, I can expect them to have Dawn return next. With Sinnoh remakes around the corner it would make perfect sense to have her return in some way. Only characters I can't see returning are May and Ash's friends from Kalos. Everyone else, maybe even Paul is possible at this point, and I hope to see it.
I forgot that iris have returned only to face ash and chuck noris too.
some others to take note of from journeys & sm
1) the marker jigglypuff showed up in like 4 or 5 episodes of sun & moon and was last seen hitch hiking back to kanto on the same plane ash was on in the last episode of sm
z6qNsQJ.png

2)korrina showed up in JN episode 25, the episode that got delayed for about 6 months due to covid
3) mimikyu and marnie are the first 2 team rocket pokemon to show up again after being released or given away.(jn ep 39)
this holds even more meaning when you take into account that james koffing/wheezing is so far out of the picture that the writers had forgotten about it by bw
yYKUbZS.gif

i'm not really counting beware as theirs as it never was team rocket tio's; but rather, team rocket trio belong to it.
4) the usual mother and daughter that have been showing up in the movies since 05 where in both alola and kalos episodes
3SKgMNO.jpg

5) ash and goh fought against the mewtwo from the first movie(JN episode 46)
same energy
KelLJPV.png

Featured-image-24.jpg

anyway, i am kind of expecting tracy to show up do to new pokemon snap and as of right now, serena & lillie are the only one of ash's crews to not meet someone else from one of ash's crews...
misty met max, may and the aloan crew
tracy met everyone pre-5th gen
brock met everyone pre-6th gen(excluding iris), brock also met cilan & the aloan crew, though the highlight of his trip to alola was him and olivia meeting
70a.gif

may met dawn
dawn met iris
iris met go after he beamed her with a pokeball and knocked her out of a tree, one 1uping ash's meeting her and hitting her with a pokeball while she was in a bush.
cilan met clemot and bonnie
the alola crew, except lillie, met go.
it also seems like lilie might show up again given that unresolved sub-plot thread with finding mohn and lillie's shiny magearna.

Last edited:

Drayton

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Nurse Joy's pokemon yeah. Wigglytuff makes a return, so far mewtwo as well

Years
I wanna see some deep cuts with returning characters, like Bianca or Georgia even if I think they're unlikely. I always liked them despite overall not being a fan of the BW anime. Other than that I guess DP characters like Paul and Barry would be cool.

Years
Of course I do.
Now Dawn's returning I am so happy but I also wanna see May again. It's been 13 years since she last appeared in the show.
She deserves a return more than anyone.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Never going to happen, but I wonder what Latias from Heroes would make of the guy from Sinnoh who wiped the floor with Ash using a Latios...

Years
Paul should've made a return before Dawn and Cynthia who already reappeared in BW.Gary made countless returns since late AG.Paul had the biggest impact on Ash as a trainer as far as rivals go,having him come back in a BW credits and a flashback cameo in Journeys is just sad.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I think the reason Dawn and Cynthia have come back so much is mainly due to the fact they are two of the most popular pokemon characters in Japan. While Paul was not liked by many people in America or Japan. I honestly hated Paul. I didn't start to respect him until much later.

Now... with so many people returned, I think the only ones who haven't are Cilan, May, Max and Tracey. However, it seems like they may be returning soon as well going by the newest Japanese opening I believe. That means everyone has returned but Cilan... at least I don't think Cilan has returned. I feel like Serena is going to have a bigger return in the future as well. Unlike the others, she got a completely new design that wasn't already around. And she only saw Ash for like 10 seconds. But that was honestly one of the best reunions.

Back