• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] What was your favorite challenge to do?

Years
Challengers, what's been your favorite challenge to do so far? Did you complete your run of that particular challenge? ❤️

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
Hmm ... I guess the Ones that Got Away was nice because it was pretty chill ... like, it's barely a challenge if I'm being honest but it was nice to try out some new Pokémon.

I do a lot of Monotypes and Solos so they're cool too, but I'll admit they can get a bit same-y towards the end game.

I guess the one that was the hardest and actively made me look for new strategies were the Banette segments of the Halloween Challenge (Pokémon that are 8 levels higher than their met level can't be used) because grinding and grooming a specific team a viable strategy ... I don't think it'd be as cool outside of Sword and Shield though.

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
Years
One of my faves was the Safari Zone challenge in Gen 1 where you could only use pokemon available in the Safari Zone, just because it gave me a change to try out some of the rare catches in the maingame while being able to play around with the usual powerhouses! I think I ended up going for Tauros, Dodrio, Dragonite, Eggy, Poliwrath and Rhydon.

I also loved the Little Cup challenge in Gen 2 where pokemon had to stay in their base forms. It was a lot harder than I thought and was the first time I had to really EV train and breed for moves ingame, while considering what everyone brings to the team since everyone died to a mild cold and eviolite didn't exist. Learning that Geodude had base 85 attack was hilarious, learning that Onix had 40 base attack was also hilarious but for different reasons. Can't remember the team perfectly but I think I used Totodile, Magby, Gastly, Geodude and Scyther (yes i know i know)

Years
I love Time Warp. It has cool flavour to it and each era is distinct enough. Speaking about it, I should probably get back to it.

I also enjoyed Professor Oak's Challenge. It was relaxing and it felt so rewarding to tick off each completed Pokémon line.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
I would have to say the random pokemon challenges since you never know what sort of team you have to use to beat the game. Could either get an op team that the game is a cake walk or you have a team that is both hard to use and needing creative ways to beat the gyms and other trainers that typically pose a challenge.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i love random challenges. it's always fun to use pokemon that i might never use otherwise. i really enjoyed my recent hardcore nuzlocke, too. it was a little stressful with the level caps, but i had a ton of fun playing it. also the christian challenge i did yeeeears ago lol that was pretty difficult, but fun. there are probably more i could mention, i don't think i've ever done a challenge i didn't like or enjoy to the fullest.

Major Agnostic

Pokemon Crystal Ultimate Developer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
One of my faves was the Safari Zone challenge in Gen 1 where you could only use pokemon available in the Safari Zone, just because it gave me a change to try out some of the rare catches in the maingame while being able to play around with the usual powerhouses! I think I ended up going for Tauros, Dodrio, Dragonite, Eggy, Poliwrath and Rhydon.

That sounds awesome! What's the first Safari Zone Pokemon you can catch in gen 1? And are there any other rules? Like I would think you can't use Dragonite because it's technically not found in the Safari Zone, only its prior evolution, but I guess you might've ignored that.

Last edited:
Back