• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Despised Poketubers?

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Feb 12, 2023
What are your least favorite Pokemon Youtubers? Now that new games are released I am reminded of the horrible thing that is the bad side of this community (it applies to both people who defend AND criticize Game Freak). Here's some of mine:

Verlisify - Annoying attention hogger and has gotten into pointless online arguments with much better people.

Gireum Red - I used to watch him back during the hayday of the Sword/Shield debate, but i've grown to realize he mostly just whines throughout his videos. He's always just seemed more...annoying compared to others.

HoopsandHipHop - Not nearly as bad as the other two, but I think this guy is the worst at clickbaity, misleading titles and thumbnails.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
What are your least favorite Pokemon Youtubers? Now that new games are released I am reminded of the horrible thing that is the bad side of this community (it applies to both people who defend AND criticize Game Freak). Here's some of mine:

Verlisify - Annoying attention hogger and has gotten into pointless online arguments with much better people.

Gireum Red - I used to watch him back during the hayday of the Sword/Shield debate, but i've grown to realize he mostly just whines throughout his videos. He's always just seemed more...annoying compared to others.

HoopsandHipHop - Not nearly as bad as the other two, but I think this guy is the worst at clickbaity, misleading titles and thumbnails.

I never really understood the hate for Verlisify. As far as I'm concerned, Verlisify mostly receives the hate that he does because he calls out people for cheating and hacking their Pokémon games. I've been watching Verlisify for years and I always liked his content. Of course, I don't agree with everything he says, but I just never understood the hate. Based on my experiences when watching him, if he calls someone out, then it's definitely for good reason. If you don't want Verlisify calling you out, then simply put, don't cheat. If they don't hate him for calling out cheaters, then it's mostly for having a negative opinion on certain games, such as, for example, Pokémon Legends: Arceus. I never understood that either, as not everybody is required to love the game. I wasn't the biggest fan of it either.

To answer the question however, I don't have an opinion on the most despised YouTubers. As far as I'm concerned, many of them are pretty good even though I might not watch their channels all the time. I would say, however, that the worst Pokémon YouTubers are probably those that have a history of engaging in criminal behavior, such as those that have been exploiting minors in the pasts. King Nappy comes to mind, but I have no idea if he's still around. I also like HoopsandHipHop too. I do agree that he does do the clickbait at times, but he doesn't do it all the time, and other than that, he makes some solid content and Pokémon music remixes. However, Hoops is just a tiny bit too casual for my tastes. To be honest, it's kind of annoying when players judge Pokémon completely entirely on their design, which he does quite often. There is a lot more to a Pokémon than its appearance. I never heard of Gireum Red though.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
'Nappy' admitted to child grooming and deleted his twitter

Then he came back like nothing ever happened.

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Feb 12, 2023
Verlisify is a person who actively makes controversional takes for clicks

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. I mostly started my disliking toward his channel after his beef with PokeTips, where I found out how often he just starts crap to milk it for hour-long videos.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
Agree with everyone who has criticisms about Verlis. He does have some valid points, but his way of framing them for some extra clicks is extremely off-putting. It absolutely doesn't help that someone I knew also knew him... in passing, but still. It does show what kind of messy people the winds of destiny brought together, because I drew away from that person for the exact same reason I disdain Verlis - the constant clout-chasing.

I also remember the Nappy debacle above, as I was still on Twitter when it happened. And on the topic of child grooming, I knew another PokeTuber who went by PikaPlayz or similar names who was likewise outed as a predator. His case made the rest of the dominoes in the PokeTuber and SmashTuber circle fall, because a lot of predators got publicly busted during the following two years.

Back