• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Questions] Trading cards

Years
Hey All.!!!!!

Can anyone help me out im looking to start collecting pokemon cards and possibly able to get my hands on some ungraded 1st edition holos are these worth getting? I just dont know whats what, list of cards are

Blaines arcanine
Dark blastoise
Erikas venasuar
Ninetales..

Thanks all peace

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Depends on the condition. Ungraded, Blaine's Arcanine and Dark Blastoise are averaging about $150 each and Erika's Venusaur about $140 in near mint condition as of late. Ninetales (I'm assuming Base Set) depends whether or not it's shadowless. I only found one recently sold listing for the shadowed 1st Edition Ninetales in English, which went for about $90, but the shadowless version fetches a lot more.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
"Shadowless" means that there is no drop shadow behind the golden art frame.

Anyway, DO NOT BUY! You can post pics of the others for me to look over, but this Ninetales is fake. The text is suspiciously thick, but what really gives it away is the artwork. Not only does the shading look off (though part of that might be the lighting), but the lines aren't tapered. Position of the evo box is also slightly off (should not be touching the card border) and so are the gradients.

Years
Your awesome thank you just had a stronger look the evo box is lighter too nice eyes haha i will post pictures of what im looking at if you dont mind having look that would be really appreciated

Years
Thank you here are the cards im looking at

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221228-191201_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221228-191201_Samsung Internet.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20221228-191018_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221228-191018_Samsung Internet.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20221228-190954_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221228-190954_Samsung Internet.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20221228-190937_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221228-190937_Samsung Internet.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 4

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Raichu is fake (wrong fonts, positioning, and template), Erika's Venusaur is fake (wrong HP font), and I suspect that Dark Dragonite and Blaine's Arcanine are fake since it's HIGHLY unlikely that the holo dots would be in the same position as the first image results on Google. Dark Blastoise seems a bit dark, but that could be due to the poor lighting (I'd be suspicious anyway since all the other vintage cards here are fake). (If it's holo, it also has the wrong collector's number in the lower right corner for the holo version.)

The non-vintage cards appear to be legit.

Last edited:
Years
Ahh sweet thank you for telling me haha, i used to collect when i was younger but yeah times changed and picked up 2 sword and shield astral radiance to get that nostalgia and feel like a junkie without a fix now 🤣😂.... im currently watching 2 lots of 4 shinning legends and a set of 4 dragon majesty sealed, im looking around 200 for them but probs go up more..... im also looking at sealed boxes of champions path and hidden fates too have to start some where, but honestly thank you so much as im coming from collecting coins

Years
These are the sealed boxes currently sitting with no bids so fingers crossed they go under the radar..... probs wont now 🤣😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221230-172829_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221230-172829_Samsung Internet.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 2
Back