• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Fire Gold 1.4

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
Years
you are right, cheat codes definitely corrupts the game as the game is not vanilla fire red, and the cheat codes is not tailored to fire gold.
a well known bug is clear smog, koffings have it, when used against tagerts during fly or dive, the game will freeze.
other game freezing bugs are not discovered.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 4, 2024
I just use RAM editor (such as mGBA's) to modify Pokemon data (thanks to data decryption) so I never meet some game breaking bug :p

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
I found 1 "bugs" related to Mistery egg.

If you get Pichu, this one will not come with Thundershock Level 1 Movement

And if you loose and returned to Goldenrod Pokemon Center, your position is glitche when restore your Pokemon health.

marcc5m

what
Years
Since SV I've been thinking how cool it would be to play through Johto but with all post gen 2 evos, pre-evos and regional variants. This seems to be exactly what I've been looking for. Excited to play it!

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
Years
Okay I finished playing, I thought it was fun but a little too faithful to GS, the main draw for me playing this over one of the other GS remakes was the addition of post Johto evos, pre-evos and regional variants all of which I really wanted to play with in a Johto game, but a lot of them are unavailable through most of the game.

I also think to account for these additions, trainer teams could have some re-balancing. Although these Pokemon are in the game, you never see them on enemy teams. It would be cool to see, for example, Bruno with Annihilape and Will with Farigiraf once those are added. Johto lacks a lot of team variety, something like Galarian Corsola on Morty's team would be fun. The lack of scaling also means that when you do have one of those Johto evos, the game is very easy, because you're essentially just doing a regular Johto playthrough only you have access to stronger Pokemon. Magnezone was unstoppable on my team.

marcc5m

what
Years
You can get rock smash from an NPC between Violet City and the Sudowoodo tree, after you clear Sudowoodo they will give you Rock Smash.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Great hack! Played through Johto, got to fuschia city lab with the Evo items, but couldn't find the peat rock for Ursaluna. Any clue on where I can find one? Thanks!

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
Years
I found 1 "bugs" related to Mistery egg.

If you get Pichu, this one will not come with Thundershock Level 1 Movement

And if you loose and returned to Goldenrod Pokemon Center, your position is glitche when restore your Pokemon health.

think we solved this in discord, but to make it public
it has not been a bug but rather intended, the odd egg mons will have the move dizzy punch

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
Years
Okay I finished playing, I thought it was fun but a little too faithful to GS, the main draw for me playing this over one of the other GS remakes was the addition of post Johto evos, pre-evos and regional variants all of which I really wanted to play with in a Johto game, but a lot of them are unavailable through most of the game.

I also think to account for these additions, trainer teams could have some re-balancing. Although these Pokemon are in the game, you never see them on enemy teams. It would be cool to see, for example, Bruno with Annihilape and Will with Farigiraf once those are added. Johto lacks a lot of team variety, something like Galarian Corsola on Morty's team would be fun. The lack of scaling also means that when you do have one of those Johto evos, the game is very easy, because you're essentially just doing a regular Johto playthrough only you have access to stronger Pokemon. Magnezone was unstoppable on my team.

the game is aimed to be faithful, among many other remakes/demakes.
the rebalances are added in the rebattles such as morty with a galarian corsola
in the future there will be a hard mode implemented for the first play through

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
Years
You did an Awesome job in this version, FireGold is the best hackrom I've played... I'm very excited finding new things and very surprised by gallar pokemon haha... I'm looking for a walktrough since I didn't find some pokemons and pokedex informantion about locations doesn't mach... Also my eevee doesn't evolve for espeon or umbreon even if his happiness reach the max... Keep developing, you doing a great job...

thanks! i m happy that you liked it!
eevee evolutions all use stones now so espeon uses sun stone.
the location is a combination of GSC, so whatever you can find in GSC, you should be able to expect them in fire gold!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
think we solved this in discord, but to make it public
it has not been a bug but rather intended, the odd egg mons will have the move dizzy punch

Yes, i reported on discord and talk about and about egg is not a bug, all is ok.

Thanks for answer

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 17, 2023
At what stage of the game can i have Ursaluna,Kleavor , Galarian Slowbro,Wyrdeer ? Are they available early? Is there any regional form available early?

Last edited:
Years
Played this around a month and a half ago. Not a bad hack by any means, but that was unfortunately disappointing overall. I have some bugs. Most of them are minor, but some are not.

• While at the Ruins of Alph, I saw the patterns on the walls, reading "ESCAPE" in Unown letters. The thing is, when I use Escape Rope and go back, the pattern on the wall do not perish. In vanilla GSC and HG/SS, when I used an Escape Rope the wall would give way to four different items in four each chambers, and I would eventually fall to the Ruins of Alph's main chamber.
  • DESELECT is all caps in item selection. You can lowercase it to "Deselect".
  • Electric-type mons should not be paralysed at all; if you paralyse a mon with Synchronize with Electric-type, Synchronize should not activate and paralyse the Electric-type.
  • Electirizer is not in Route 10, or Power Plant, or Rock Tunnel, and I searched for a good half hour with Itemfinder. And since DexNav does not exist, farming an item from wild mons takes quite a lot of time even with increased speed. When I completed the Red fight and the game, I still had Electabuzz, not Electivire, due to this.
  • "Bell Tower" and "Tin Tower" are interchangeably mentioned - better stick to one name.
  • If possible remove the screen when you use an item on a Pokémon out of the battle. "X was used on Pokémon A." that screen is unnecessary and was removed on most recent FireRed hacks for good reason. And if possible you could add the feature that you can use an item repeatedly on one screen without using an item and going back.
  • Normally, in vanilla Johto hacks (Gen 2 hacks like Polished Crystal and HG/SS hacks like Sacred Gold and Storm Silver), you do not walk to the rival when you enter the champion's room. You, instead, walk for a while, stop, then see Lance from a distance, and there you can make your final preparations before battling him. In Fire Gold, however, this is like the other most GBA hacks for some reason; you walk to Lance and the battle immediately starts. That was slightly off putting for me, but I prevailed somehow in all attempts.
  • In SS Aqua, for some reason you cannot heal inside your room via interacting one of the beds. This is annoying since you could heal in base Gen 2 and Gen 4 games and hacks.
  • Even though this hack has the levels ported from base GSC and HG/SS, the level curve, especially the Kanto's level curve, may need a lot of work. I remember despite defeating the Pokémon League three times my mons were barely at level 60 by the time I defeated Red's level 70-ish mons and I was forced to cheese the fight. You could also increase the levels of the wild mons of Kanto in general.
  • You cannot fly to the Pokémon Centers near Mt. Moon and Rock Tunnel entrances; it was possible on the base FireRed game. This is a big downgrade if you ask me.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 10, 2023
Is it possible to evolve graveler, kadabra, haunter, and machoke? Also regenerator doesn't seem to work-- are other abilities known to not work?

Years
Is it possible to evolve graveler, kadabra, haunter, and machoke? Also regenerator doesn't seem to work-- are other abilities known to not work?

Linking Cord is available at the Goldenrod Game Corner for 1000 coins - you just use that item on the mons you mention to make them evolve. No idea about Regenerator, however.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Hi. Do you have any plans to make the tilesets and other graphics of the sort publicly available with credit? I think it could be very useful for what I'm trying to make.

Back