Any pronouns
Argentina
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
2,003 posts
1.1 Years
Pokémon Xenoverse (FREE MODE)
Mono-Fairy - Fallen Star Mintaka
Update 6 (Route 8/Hypelion City - Vega City)

Team:
-Shyleon Xenoversal Form (Pascal), level 65
-Granbull (Diana), level 67
-Grudako (Ranmaru), level 65
-Fatail (Aniceto), level 65
-Mimikyu (El Mimi), level 65

Better run through the jungle... but which jungle are we talking about? A real jungle, or an urban one? Either way, I got my sixth badge, and ventured into Cluster Jungle to foil yet again the robotudos' plans. All this code and they never learn their lesson? Bah.

My team also learned some moves they had been awaiting for a while! I had Ranmaru learn Dragon Claw, which was of great help against the Sound-type Gym, as well as Sacred Sword - the Fighting-type coverage I needed in light of Mimikyu's inability to learn Drain Punch in this game. Speaking of Mimikyu, El Mimi learned Leech Life - a much needed recovery move - as well as Play Rough, which means almost all my team members but Pascal know that move now. Lastly, Diana had Outrage temporarily in her moveset for the aforementioned Sound-type Gym, but then I removed it in favor of... Earthquake, hell yeah!

Once I arrived in Vega City, I obtained the Odysseum-H, which allows me to call upon Lapras to Surf as well! Looks like Pascal won't be the only one running a Special moveset for long, because I'm already back in Newtron City to happily reunite with Ginger, at long last! catch a Popplio! I ran into a funny glitch involving the music and maps in the area leading to the Newtron Library while searching for one, but thankfully nothing game-breaking so far. Hey, I was right in thinking that this university had something out of this world about it! Aside from him, of course.

Hope we find that Popplio soon, so our quest to remove Team Dimension as well as Aster from the picture can proceed.

Duck

🦆 quack quack

he, they
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
5,738 posts
2.1 Years
Administrative stuff regarding the current thread, for Explorer of Time. Contains S/V spoilers.
Spoiler:

Regarding the alternative endpoint you've listed for Scarlet and Violet, defeating the Professor is when credits roll, so it is the default ending point. However, a suitable alternative endpoint would be becoming the Academy Ace (that implies rematching the gym leaders, but if you want to be explicit that'd be fine).

Also, the second thread had a massive rewrite of the rules (by me), it'd be nice to be credited, if you'll still going to do credits since this isn't the third thread, I guess you got confused because the last thread just happened to only list the original thread (which also isn't the original thread, mind you, just the first one that people started to credit).

As far as I can tell the first Monotype Challenge to exist in the Challenge section as we know today was this one from myrrhman in 2010, although it most certainly is not the first thread for Monotypes as it itself mentions the existence of a previous thread from a PlatinumPiano.

After that (excluding the offshoots that escaped moderation back in the day and shouldn't exist as they're dupes, or the ones that are hyperspecific threads), there was one from Alakazam17, then the one from Necrum, then another one from Necrum, and then the one from Volga. (To tind the links to each thread, start at myrrhman's and just go to the last post, you'll find a link there).

So "the original thread" you linked is actually the fifth overall (in this section, at least sixth across PokeCommunity) and this one is the ninth overall (there was one between The Undisputed Era and Volga).

I do apologize for not correcting the credit situation when I was editing the thread though, since I was aware this wasn't the original thread, I just thought that it was used as a base for that thread. But still, if you still want to credit - and I'd recommend you doing so, as it's a neat piece of history from our community - I'd suggest linking to the first thread in section (myrrhman), the last thread (TUE) and mention the other editor in that thread (me) when linking the last thread.

I guess this also reminds me I need to finish the Electric Ultimate at some point or another, huh
I guess I'll change the final games (Black and Ultra Sun -> White and Sun)

(My previous username was - among others - Shooting Star, that's the name that will be marked in the challengers section)
Slateport City
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
101 posts
1 Years
So "the original thread" you linked is actually the fifth overall (in this section, at least sixth across PokeCommunity) and this one is the ninth overall (there was one between The Undisputed Era and Volga).

I do apologize for not correcting the credit situation when I was editing the thread though, since I was aware this wasn't the original thread, I just thought that it was used as a base for that thread. But still, if you still want to credit - and I'd recommend you doing so, as it's a neat piece of history from our community - I'd suggest linking to the first thread in section (myrrhman), the last thread (TUE) and mention the other editor in that thread (me) when linking the last thread.
If there was only one between Volga (Fifth) and The Undisputed Era (Seventh), doesn't that make mine the eighth? Am I missing a thread somewhere?

I edited everything, but I'm not sure how to change the thread title. Could you change the "v3" in the title to "v8" or "v9", as appropriate?
Editor of the eighth incarnation of the Monotype Challenge thread. Join us today!

Current Run:

Duck

🦆 quack quack

he, they
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
5,738 posts
2.1 Years
If there was only one between Volga (Fifth) and The Undisputed Era (Seventh), doesn't that make mine the eighth? Am I missing a thread somewhere?

I edited everything, but I'm not sure how to change the thread title. Could you change the "v3" in the title to "v8" or "v9", as appropriate?
Oops, my bad. I did a math mistake. I did change the title, but for future reference, you can edit a thread's title by going into the Full Editor on the first post of the thread (there should be a white button to the left of "Save Edits").

Then after scrolling past the preview, you should see an option to change the thread's title and/or tag.

Mintaka☆

A Star is Born

Age 27
Any pronouns
Argentina
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
2,003 posts
1.1 Years
HIATUS NOTICE

Well... my computer just up and died. Most likely a power issue - it just won't turn back on, and the charger was creepily blinking before I plugged it off. That means I won't be able to continue my Mono-Fairy run for the time being, if I even can. I'll try to have my save file recovered when I take my computer to its final resting place the repair shop next week, but if I can't, this run is done.

I'm hopeful that worse won't come to worse, though. If anything, I'll start over and build more or less the same team I had in this run. I love this game with all my heart (even if it doesn't seem to love me back sometimes), and I would like to prove that it's possible to complete at least one challenge in it.

Hang in there Pascal, Diana, Neto, Ran, Mimi and Marius. I'll get back to you one way or another.
Slateport City
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
101 posts
1 Years
Pokémon Ruby Cross (Standard Mode)
Mono-Psychic - Stargazer Astrid
Update 3 (Slateport City -> Mauville Gym)

It's been a while since my last update, but I had the chance to finally get to Mauville. All three of my Pokemon are now at their second stage of evolution. Metang learned Metal Claw and Confusion via level up, and Rock Tomb via TM. Kirlia learned Calm Mind, and I initially taught it Thief to give it a move that could actually damage dark type Pokemon like Poochyena, though I immediately swapped it for Shock Wave once I beat Wattson. I initially taught my Abra Thief as its first attacking move, and did some grinding with it near Slateport until it evolved. It has an entirely new moveset, which has a Psychic and Electric move like Kirlia, but has Thief and Disable as well since I can't teach it Calm Mind.

Right now, Metang is easily my best physical defender and only physical attacker, and is very good all around with type coverage, being able to hit everything that's not another Steel type (plus Skarmory and the Aggron line) for at least neutral damage. It doesn't have any non-attack moves, though. Kirlia is pretty defensively weak to start off with, but has both Double Team and Calm Mind for boosting its own evasion, special defense, and special attack really high if I can keep it safe during the start of a battle. It also doesn't have the best coverage, and can't really do much to Cacturne, Baltoy/Claydol, Nuzleaf/Shiftry, or Magnemite/Magneton without doing a lot of Calm Minds first. Kadabra is my best special attacker if I don't have a chance to set up Calm Mind, and can hit all the Pokemon for neutral damage that Kirlia can, and do super-effective damage to other Psychic types.

The battle against Brendan happened too long ago for me to remember it well. He had a Combusken as his starter since I had Treecko for early HMs. I didn't have my Beldum evolved yet, but had evolved my Kadabra and Kirlia. Wattson, however, happened recently enough for me to recap. I stacked Double Team and Calm Mind on my Kirlia, while he paralyzed his own Magnemite by triggering Synchronize. I healed up occasionally whenever he hit with two Sonicbooms, but even though every single move I knew was not very effective against Steel types, quadrupling Kirlia's Special Attack made it strong enough to easily sweep his entire team.

Team

Metang (⚥) | Level 23
Moves: Metal Claw*, Confusion*, Take Down, Rock Tomb*
67 HP / 45 Atk / 54 Def / 35 SpA / 43 SpD / 33 Spe
Ability: Clear Body | Nature: Rash | Item: Quick Claw

Kirlia (♂) | Level 24
Moves: Confusion, Shock Wave*, Calm Mind*, Double Team
58 HP / 24 Atk / 26 Def / 36 SpA / 33 SpD / 39 Spe
Ability: Synchronize | Nature: Jolly | Item: Cheri Berry*

Kadabra (♀) | Level 22
Moves: Psybeam*, Shock Wave*, Thief*, Disable*
53 HP / 20 Atk / 19 Def / 60 SpA / 40 SpD / 48 Spe
Ability: Synchronize | Nature: Relaxed | Item: Cheri Berry*

*denotes new moves/items
Editor of the eighth incarnation of the Monotype Challenge thread. Join us today!

Current Run:
Slateport City
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
101 posts
1 Years
HIATUS NOTICE

Well... my computer just up and died. Most likely a power issue - it just won't turn back on, and the charger was creepily blinking before I plugged it off. That means I won't be able to continue my Mono-Fairy run for the time being, if I even can. I'll try to have my save file recovered when I take my computer to its final resting place the repair shop next week, but if I can't, this run is done.

I'm hopeful that worse won't come to worse, though. If anything, I'll start over and build more or less the same team I had in this run. I love this game with all my heart (even if it doesn't seem to love me back sometimes), and I would like to prove that it's possible to complete at least one challenge in it.

Hang in there Pascal, Diana, Neto, Ran, Mimi and Marius. I'll get back to you one way or another.
Oof. I'm so sorry and I hope you can get your save back. If you can't, and you know how to save edit in Xenoverse, I give you permission to hack in your old team at their previous levels/movesets, and still count it as part of the same run.

Current Run:

Mintaka☆

A Star is Born

Age 27
Any pronouns
Argentina
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
2,003 posts
1.1 Years
Oof. I'm so sorry and I hope you can get your save back. If you can't, and you know how to save edit in Xenoverse, I give you permission to hack in your old team at their previous levels/movesets, and still count it as part of the same run.
Aw, thank you! Unfortunately I don't know how to hack the game and it doesn't even come with a debug mode like in Reborn, so my only hope is to recover my save file at the repair shop and keep playing once I have a new computer, or start over with (more or less, barring gender and nickname changes and me potentially using Sylveon like I planned) the same team. Don't worry though, I do enjoy running through this game even if I complain a lot about it, so I'll likely be at the same point I had left in no time.
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
73 posts
2.7 Years
Been looking to play ORAS again but wanted to do something different than just a normal play through, so going to do a monotype again. Have done it before with grass, so going to switch it up.

User: GrassN
Type: Psychic
Game(s): Alpha Sapphire
Single / Ultimate: Single
Standard Mode / Free Mode: Standard Mode

Current Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype Challenge - Grass - [Completed] Emerald, Fire Red, Alpha Sapphire

Completed Challenges:
Random Challenge - X
Random Challenge - Leaf Green
Random Challenge - Liquid Crystal
Random Challenge - Gold
Solo Challenge - Breloom - Emerald

Captain Gizmo

Legit Boss

Age 29
Male
Canada
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
4,825 posts
10.4 Years
User: Captain Gizmo
Type: Steel
Game(s): Diamond
Single / Ultimate: Single
Standard Mode / Free Mode: Standard

Hello, I'm back ;~;
I dont recognize anybody in the challenge section tho :^)
♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
|3DS FC|

Mintaka☆

A Star is Born

Age 27
Any pronouns
Argentina
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
2,003 posts
1.1 Years
Good news, people! This morning, I managed to recover all the data from my bricked laptop by removing the hard drive and inserting it in my desktop computer. That also includes my Xenoverse save file, so once my new computer gets here (should be tomorrow), I'll be able to continue my Mono-Fairy run!

Spoiler:
Rest assured, I'm never installing LumenTale again in any computer I own. Oh, and my new computer's brand will also allow me, more than ever, to shout the deadliest words ever known to the Eldiw region: ASTER SUS.
Slateport City
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
101 posts
1 Years
Update 4 (Route 111 -> Lavaridge Gym)

A fourth update, this time taking me from Route 111 to Lavaridge. First off, I spent most of my money on coins for the Game Corner to get myself the TM for Psychic, which gave me a strong STAB move across my entire team. I also learned Secret Power, which is a decent physical attack that also has a chance to inflict status moves. Kadabra also learned Reflect, giving it a way to compensate for its poor Defense. In Meteor Falls, I caught a Solrock, a Rock/Psychic dual type that gives me a Pokemon that resists Fire and is immune to Ground, both very valuable since I'm playing Ruby. Solrock is an excellent physical attacker and defender, but not so great at using Special moves. I also caught a Spoink in Jagged Pass, which isn't really great, but will stay on as a spare member of my team until I reach the Safari Zone and can catch a Xatu. (I also have a Wynaut, but I'm not going to bother listing it because I've never used it in battle, and it'll be immediately boxed the second I head over to catch a Baltoy.)

The battle against Maxie was a very close battle, and he fainted every Pokemon of mine except Kadabra. Flannery, in contrast, was a pushover. My Solrock soloed her entire team with Rock Throw.

Team

Metang (⚥) | Level 27
Moves: Metal Claw, Psychic*, Secret Power*, Rock Tomb
77 HP / 53 Atk / 63 Def / 40 SpA / 49 SpD / 38 Spe
Ability: Clear Body | Nature: Rash | Item: Quick Claw

Kirlia (♂) | Level 27
Moves: Psychic*, Shock Wave, Calm Mind, Double Team
65 HP / 27 Atk / 29 Def / 40 SpA / 37 SpD / 45 Spe
Ability: Synchronize | Nature: Jolly | Item: Rawst Berry*

Kadabra (♀) | Level 26
Moves: Psychic*, Shock Wave, Thief, Reflect*
62 HP / 23 Atk / 22 Def / 71 SpA / 47 SpD / 57 Spe
Ability: Synchronize | Nature: Relaxed | Item: Blackglasses*

Solrock* (⚥) | Level 26
Moves: Psychic, Rock Throw, Secret Power, Harden
73 HP / 59 Atk / 57 Def / 38 SpA / 46 SpD / 41 Spe
Ability: Levitate | Nature: Relaxed | Item: Rawst Berry

Spoink* (♀) | Level 19
Moves: Psychic, Shock Wave, Thief, Psych Up
56 HP / 14 Atk / 20 Def / 33 SpA / 39 SpD / 29 Spe
Ability: Own Tempo | Nature: Calm | Item: Rawst Berry

*denotes new Pokemon/moves/items

Current Run:
Slateport City
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
101 posts
1 Years
Update 5 (Route 111 Desert -> Petalburg Gym)

A short update today, with only a couple moveset updates. The biggest changes to my team are that I evolved my Kirlia into a Gardevoir, making him easily the strongest team member in every stat except physical attack and defense (which are still good), and caught a Baltoy. My Baltoy has decent defenses and can hit every Pokemon in the game for at least normal damage, but doesn't have great attacking stats right now. It'll be better when it evolves into Claydol, but for now, it isn't going to be carrying my team in any important battles. Finally, I learned Toxic on my Solrock and Spoink, giving me a couple options for stalling if I need it.

Norman was easier than expected. I used Gardevoir to stack Double Team and Calm Mind while his first Slaking was loafing around, then swept his team with Psychic.

Team

Metang (⚥) | Level 27
Moves: Metal Claw, Psychic, Secret Power, Rock Tomb
77 HP / 53 Atk / 63 Def / 40 SpA / 49 SpD / 38 Spe
Ability: Clear Body | Nature: Rash | Item: Silk Scarf*

Gardevoir (♂) | Level 30
Moves: Psychic, Shock Wave, Calm Mind, Double Team
90 HP / 48 Atk / 51 Def / 76 SpA / 77 SpD / 70 Spe
Ability: Synchronize | Nature: Jolly | Item: Quick Claw*

Kadabra (♀) | Level 26
Moves: Psychic, Shock Wave, Thief, Reflect
62 HP / 23 Atk / 22 Def / 71 SpA / 47 SpD / 57 Spe
Ability: Synchronize | Nature: Relaxed | Item: Blackglasses

Solrock (⚥) | Level 26
Moves: Psychic, Rock Throw, Secret Power, Toxic*
73 HP / 59 Atk / 57 Def / 38 SpA / 46 SpD / 41 Spe
Ability: Levitate | Nature: Relaxed | Item: Hard Stone*

Baltoy* (⚥) | Level 25
Moves: Psychic, Dig, Secret Power, AncientPower
58 HP / 27 Atk / 40 Def / 23 SpA / 46 SpD / 35 Spe
Ability: Levitate | Nature: Careful | Item: Soft Sand

Spoink (♀) | Level 20
Moves: Psychic, Shock Wave, Thief, Toxic*
56 HP / 14 Atk / 20 Def / 33 SpA / 39 SpD / 29 Spe
Ability: Own Tempo | Nature: Calm | Item: Oran Berry*

*denotes new Pokemon/moves/items

Current Run:

Mintaka☆

A Star is Born

Age 27
Any pronouns
Argentina
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
2,003 posts
1.1 Years
Update 7 (Vega City - Kanto - Dimension Rocket - The Xenoverse)

Team:

-Shyleon Astral Form (Pascal), level 73
-Granbull (Diana), level 77
-Grudako (Ranmaru), level 74
-Fatail (Aniceto), level 73
-Mimikyu (El Mimi), level 72
-Marius (Primarina), level 61

We're back and stronger than ever!

I'm proud to say that after some technical difficulties, we managed to get all Gym Badges, put an end to the threat of Team Dimension, and defeat the gargantuan entity inside the Xenoverse (but not quite destroy it, otherwise the Universe would collapse on itself.) There was a very real possibility that I'd have to start this run again, but I'm just so, so glad that didn't come to pass.

As foreshadowed in my last real update, I caught a Popplio around Newtron City and called him Marius! At first I was hesitating to keep him in the team because he was a kind of drag-along member (I originally wanted Azumarill, which is post-game only), but he proved to be invaluable in defeating the ??? entity in the Xenoverse. Pascal also reached his Astral Form at last, as well; I've decided I want to keep him in the team for the battles against the Cardinals/Elite Four. The rest of the team did phenomenally in the battles against the robotudos and their humans too. And when entering the Xenoverse, the last wild Pokémon to greet me right before I went off to fight Dragalisk and the entity was... Pyukumuku X. I know he wasn't there with it, but I still nearly teared up. All's well ends well.

Next up: the game's equivalent of the Pokémon League, and getting rid of my very last opponent in this quest: Aster. He waxes too lyrical to not know anything about what's going on. And I'll see to it that he never, ever sends any recently graduated assistants to die against Pokémon he himself owns. He must be stopped.

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen

She/Her
USA
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
58 posts
300 Days
Soul Silver Update 13

Gyms Completed
Faulkner
Bugsy
Whitney
Morty
Chuck
Jasmine
Pryce
Clair
Lt. Surge
Sabrina
Erika
Misty
Janine
Brock
Blaine
Blue

Current Team
Spoiler:
Ember - Rapidash (F)
Level: 61
Held Item: None
Ability: Run Away
Nature: Relaxed
Moveset:
Flare Blitz
Poison Jab
Megahorn
Agility
Stats:
HP: 162
Attack: 137
Defense: 116
Special Attack: 119
Special Defense: 109
Speed: 145

Ramsey - Houndoom (F)
Level: 60
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Quirky
Moveset:
Flamethrower
Dark Pulse
Solar Beam
Nasty Plot
Stats:
HP: 167
Attack: 141
Defense: 85
Special Attack: 160
Special Defense: 115
Speed: 154

Bunga - Typhlosion (M)
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Calm
Moveset:
Swift
Solar Beam
Flamethrower
Sunny Day
Stats:
HP: 185
Attack: 119
Defense: 121
Special Attack: 148
Special Defense: 144
Speed: 147

Rusty - Flareon (M)
Held Item: Muscle Band
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Bashful
Moveset:
Bite
Strength
Dig
Fire Fang
Stats:
HP: 161
Attack: 173
Defense: 92
Special Attack: 155
Special Defense: 159
Speed: 116

Blarrg - Magcargo (M)
Held Item: Quick Claw
Ability: Magma Armor
Nature: Brave
Moveset:
Yawn
Recover
Lava Plume
Ancient Power
Stats:
HP: 154
Attack: 91
Defense: 175
Special Attack: 113
Special Defense: 111
Speed: 55

Elmo - Magcargo (M)
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Quiet
Moveset:
Thunder Punch
Flamethrower
Solar Beam
Sunny Day
Stats:
HP: 168
Attack: 141
Defense: 99
Special Attack: 191
Special Defense: 132
Speed: 109

I left Pewter City for Viridian Forest. I made my way through Routes 2 and 1, made it to Pallet Town, and surfed through Route 21 to Cinnabar Island. After healing up at the Pokémon Center, I surfed through Route 20 and reached the Seafoam Islands. I entered Blaine's gym, and fought the trainers all the way to Blaine himself.

I sent out Blarrg as my lead Pokémon against Blaine's Magcargo. Blarrg took a good chunk of his HP out with Ancient Power, and got the much coveted stat boost. Another Ancient Power took out the Magcargo. Blaine sent out his Magmar next, and set up Sunny Day. An Ancient Power nearly took him out, and Blarrg got another stat boost. Blaine healed him with a Full Restore, but Ancient Power took him down.. Last was Rapidash, who used Bounce, thus dodging Ancient Power. However, Bounce missed, and Rapidash was almost destroyed by Ancient Power. Blaine healed him with a Full Restore, but he went down to Ancient Power. Thus, I won against Blaine.

I left the Seafoam Islands to do some training in preparation to face off against Blue. Once I was finally done leveling everyone up to Level 60, I flew to Viridian City and entered Blue's gym. I fought through any trainers in my way,, and eventually reached Blue.

I sent out Ember as my lead. She took out Exeggutor with one Megahorn. I switched Ember out for Bunga against Rhydon, and he set up a Sunny Day. Bunga promptly took out Raymond with a Solar Beam.

I switched Bunga out for Elmo against Gyarados, and he nearly took him out with Thunder Punch. Gyarados set up a Dragon Dance. The next turn, Blue used a Full Restore on Gyarados, and thus he took another Thunder Punch from Elmo, though he was paralyzed by it this time. Elmo destroyed him with another Thunder Punch.

Blue sent out Machamp. A Flamethrower from Elmo took him to half his HP, but he used Earthquake and nearly took out Elmo. Luckily, since Elmo was faster than Machamp, he took him out with another Flamethrower.

I switche Elmo out for Blarrg against Arcanine. Blarrg's Quick Claw activated, allowing him to hit Arcanine with an Ancient Power, and tanked a Dragon Pulse from Arcanine. The next turn, Arcanine outsped Blarrg, hitting him with another Dragon Pulse. Arcanine withstood another Ancient Power. Since Blarrg's HP was getting low, I healed him, and Blue healed Arcanine. Once again, Arcanine used Dragon Pulse, while Blarrg used another Ancient Power.

Blarrg used Ancient Power again, and I soon found out how he was able to outspeed Arcanine despite his Quick Claw not activating: Arcanine used Roar. Ember was sent out, and Blue healed Arcanine again. Ember continuously used Poison Jab, the third of which poisoned Arcanine. Not that it mattered, since Arcanine used Flare Blitz after that, taking himself out from the recoil damage.

I switched Ember out for Blarrg against Pidgeot. Pidgeot used Air Slash, which Blarrg survived. Blarrg then used Ancient Power. This repeated until Pidgeot went down, winning me the battle against Blue.

I got the phone call from Professo Oak after setting foot outside the Gym. After healing my Pokémon, I made my way to Pallet Town and spoke with Professor Oak. I was given the HM for Rock Climb, as well as accessibility to Mt. Silver (which I will traverse after rematching the Elite Four). With all 16 badges in my possession, it’s time for the task of training for the Elite Four rematch. Stay tuned, everyone!
Challenges
Mono-Fire Ultimate Challenge - Leaf Green, Soul Silver (16/16), Omega Ruby, Platinum, White 2, Y, Sun
Random Challenge - Black

Mintaka☆

A Star is Born

Age 27
Any pronouns
Argentina
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
2,003 posts
1.1 Years
Final Update (Victory Road - Mt. Zodiac)

WE MADE IT!! We made it to the top of Mt. Zodiac, and back to the skies! Oh, and the blue-haired devil was finally forced to acknowledge I was the brightest star in the sky. (Actually, no, I'm not, but the image of him kneeling down after throwing a huge tantrum was hilarious.) He got a good roll down Mt. Zodiac for his trouble.

The only battle I could say was really difficult was against Cardinal Niva, as always. Aster's Electaburst (the very Pokémon that marks his implicit betrayal of the MC) was difficult to deal with as well, though, because its biggest weakness (Ground) cannot be exploited due to Levitate and I had no Rock-types to take it down with. Thankfully, a well-placed Poison Jab from Aniceto and the subsequent poisoning did the job... at the cost of Aniceto's whole health bar. ;_; He did very well. So did the whole team - I'm so proud of all of them! They're easily my best squad in any playthrough of this game so far... where do we go from here?

Final team:
Spoiler:

With that concludes my Mono-Fairy run! Seeing as I have to continue preparing my Didactics II final, I won't be aiming for the extra goal this time, as much as I want to - or at least I'll put it on hold until I've finished all my class summaries, and then do an additional update with my battle against the secret post-game boss. Thank you, everyone!

Spoiler: