• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What did you use your Master Ball on?

Years
Or did you not use it at all? I used mine on Koraidon since I was too lazy to battle for too long lol. Plus a friend was waiting on me for a touch trade.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I always use the master ball on the game's main legendary, Koraidon. That's it.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
I haven't used my Master Ball on legendary Pokémon since I was little. Nowadays, I only use my Master Ball on Beldum. Because Beldum isn't in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, I have yet to use my Master Ball at all. I mostly use Ultra Balls to catch legendary Pokémon or Timer Balls if I have them and the battle lasts a long time. Sometimes, I also use Dream Balls, which basically works almost like a Master Ball if the Pokémon is asleep.

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
Nothing, it came so late into the game that I was done with that particular playthrough.

Maybe I'll use it on one of the other legends in a future playthrough

Years
Chien-pao, normally i attempt to catch all legendaries without the master ball but this one was uber stubborn. Didn't help that its ability made it so no matter how lightly i hit it, it would die. So i got fed up and use a master ball

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I've gotten quite into the whole colour-matching Poké Balls and their inhabitants thing. So in my last go through all the games I own, I've only used it on the two final legendaries that match its colour-scheme (ironically, neither are box mascots): Mewtwo, and Eternatus. I'll probably give it a go on Koraidon as its also very purple.

The only other time I've used it is on a Gengar in Sword. Had to reset a bit to get half-decent IVs (didn't know bottle caps were a thing), but it looks really cool and matches up with my Gengar-themed GBA!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Not yet. Has not run across a shiny Pokemon that could blow up or faint itself.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
It's still sitting in my bag. I don't know if I'll ever use it honestly.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
Why that one exactly?

Two specific reasons: one, Beldum is very hard to catch. Not only does it have a very low catch rate, but its only move in the wild is Take Down. Thus, when it attacks you after you weaken it, it has a great chance of knocking itself out with recoil damage. Thus, I just throw a Master Ball at it to save myself the trouble. Two, Beldum eventually evolves into Metagross over time. The Master Ball is the perfect ball for Metagross because it has an M on it and the Master Ball is the perfect color scheme for a Psychic-type Pokémon.

Years
I generally use it on the first legendary, but I haven't used it for anything at all. I actually promised myself to catch every pokemon with a pokeball and it's actually working lol

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Not yet. Has not run across a shiny Pokemon that could blow up or faint itself.

My first shiny in SV was Voltorb haha

Just saved when I spotted it though - that menu function is pretty fast. Did lose a shiny Dreepy in a swarm that way though by mashing 'A' too fast and opening my picnic…took me like 8x as long to get another one to appear.

I generally use it on the first legendary, but I haven't used it for anything at all. I actually promised myself to catch every pokemon with a pokeball and it's actually working lol

My favourite challenge, did my entire Black save like this! (Helped by the high catch rate for the mascot). Didn't have White at the time for the full Pokédex…a challenge for the remakes I think.

I also do this in Kanto games (well, not LGPE) because of the limited selection and the fact that Great Ball is truly ugly (except for how well it matches Tentacool / Tentacruel) and Ultra Ball doesn't match many colour schemes.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Sweet Serenity said:
Two specific reasons: one, Beldum is very hard to catch. Not only does it have a very low catch rate, but its only move in the wild is Take Down. Thus, when it attacks you after you weaken it, it has a great chance of knocking itself out with recoil damage. Thus, I just throw a Master Ball at it to save myself the trouble. Two, Beldum eventually evolves into Metagross over time. The Master Ball is the perfect ball for Metagross because it has an M on it and the Master Ball is the perfect color scheme for a Psychic-type Pokémon.
What about making use of a ghost type Pokémon who knows how to will-o-wisp? It's pretty easy to catch Beldum this way.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
What about making use of a ghost type Pokémon who knows how to will-o-wisp? It's pretty easy to catch Beldum this way.

Probably, but I just love the idea of having Beldum in a Master Ball anyways. I call it the "Metagross Ball." It's just a "Serenityism" that nobody else would consider but me.

Years
Nothing and I don't think there is a Pokémon I would use it on. Ever since I wasted my Master Ball on Kyogre in my first Sapphire run and then had problems catching Latias, I kept my Master Ball on me and barely used it. Usually on roaming legendaries. But since there is none right now in SV, I'm keeping it and waiting for DLC to drop.

Years
My first shiny in SV was Voltorb haha

Just saved when I spotted it though - that menu function is pretty fast. Did lose a shiny Dreepy in a swarm that way though by mashing 'A' too fast and opening my picnic…took me like 8x as long to get another one to appear.

My favourite challenge, did my entire Black save like this! (Helped by the high catch rate for the mascot). Didn't have White at the time for the full Pokédex…a challenge for the remakes I think.

I also do this in Kanto games (well, not LGPE) because of the limited selection and the fact that Great Ball is truly ugly (except for how well it matches Tentacool / Tentacruel) and Ultra Ball doesn't match many colour schemes.

Ultra Ball matches Beedrill as its also Yellow & Black I would also consider Luxray as a contender for it.

Back