• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★☆ The Incredibly Wandering Thread ☆★ [v5.0]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh yay this thread made it over here!! Hi everyone! (´▽`ʃƪ)♡

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Dammit I thought it spent time in another section first lol.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
Don't mind me stealing it for a little and let's talk about our favorite experiences in older generations . :3

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Well, I f I had to be honest, my fondest experience was on Pokémon gold as a kid when I traversed through Kanto and battled Red. I know it's a cliché pick, but nothing beats that rush I felt as a kid when I set foot in Vermilion city, and was so shook when I battled Red for the first time because it felt like I was battling myself.

Years
GSC were absolutely amazing experiences - I have a lot of fond memories playing through them as a kid. The goosebumps you get battling Red is almost impossible to replicate, especially with that 👌 music. RSE were also my precious too tho <3 played them to death

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Loved playing through Pokémon Pearl for the first time and checking out everything the game had to offer. Used to do the Underground stuff with my brother pretty often. Gen 4 is always one of the generations I'm more than happy to replay.

Years
need to get into og gen 1 & 2 more. i think i've only really experienced gen 1 through the anime and gen 2 through pokemon stadium and playing a bit of pokemon crystal. i really want to experience what johto really was like and i was intending to get crystal off the 3DS eshop (i think it's still on there?) but yknow, lack of time + other interests...

Years
i really want to experience what johto really was like and i was intending to get crystal off the 3DS eshop (i think it's still on there?)

Rejoice, Crystal is still on the Eshop :)

I got Crystal and Silver on the E-shop. They are precious games. I managed to snag a physical copy of Gold for my GBA for around 21 dollars...LEGIT! I....really need to get back into Gold.

I also loved RSE, but I sold Ruby and Sapphire at a time I was mentally ill. Somehow, Emerald was saved, and it still has my brother's name on it. All I did was fill his PC boxes more. I did return the game to him but idk if he took it to his apartment or not.

I am really thinking about buying the second Pokemon Stadium so I can play Gold on the big screen (I recently found out my N64 isn't dead, the cartridges just need cleaning). But it's expensive as heck. Might ask for it as a birthday gift when my birthday comes in September but idk yet. I know i'm getting Legends of Arceus as a late Christmas gift...hopefully.

Unpopular opinion: ORAS is a good remake.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I got Gold on the e-shop the first night it came out (iirc we were all in a voice call waiting for it to drop) and then never finished it, rip.

Years
I finished Gold on VC but never beat Kanto... then Crystal came out. Wanted to get it but no Mareep is like?? why did they decide this was a good idea???? ;_;

Years
speaking of older generations, old gen spinoffs are the best, imo! had some really good memories of pokemon stadium 2, hey you pikachu, pokemon colosseum... old gen spinoffs really were the days where i had the most fun w/pokemon, i think.

Back