• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Egglocke Extravaganza (2021 Easter Event) ♥ Now open as a regular challenge!

Years
This has been a Spotlighted Challenge. Here's how it works.

Spotlight period: March 1st to May 31st, 2023

The Egglocke Challenge
2021 Easter Event
Now reopened as a regular challenge thread!​
In the spirit of Easter and Easter bunnies, this challenge has to do with eggs! Just choose one of the games for which there's a save file for (down below), and have at it! This challenge is completed once you beat the region's Elite Four and the credits fully roll.
This challenge was originally a Monthly Event Challenge, lasting from Easter 2021 - that is April 4th, to May 4th, 2021. But is now open to anyone, without any time limits!

Rules:​
🎀 This is still a nuzlocke, so every Pokémon that gets knocked out is considered dead, and cannot be used in battle ever again. You can box them or release them, your choice.
🎀 You also must nickname all the Pokémon that you will use in your team, if they don't already have a name. It creates a stronger bond between you and them!
🎀 As for the catches, it's still like in a nuzlocke: as soon as you get your Pokéballs, you may only catch the first Pokémon you find in each area. If you do though...
🎀 You have to swap every Pokémon you catch with one of the eggs that are in your PC, and use the Pokémon that hatches from there instead. If you don't have access to a PC yet, you can keep using your starter Pokémon for as long as you need.
🎀 You can use the various Rare Candies included in each Save file to raise the level of the Pokémon that hatches right up to the level of the Pokémon you caught and that is being replaced. But, please, don't use those candies in place of your regular grinding! Only those you find during your adventure should be used for that reason.
Yes, that's it! Have fun with it~ 🐰

Save files:​
Here you can find all the different savefiles that you can use for this event. Pick the one for your favorite game and start playing - and feel free to update the challenge in this thread, at your leisure!
To make sure that the save file is recognized...
  • For games up to Generation 5, you'll want to make sure that the Game file and the Save file have the same name, and are in the same folder (for VBA and most other emulators), or that the save file is in the "Battery" folder (for DesMuMe).
  • For Citra, you have to open up the emulator, right click on the game that you want to play, and then "Open Save Directory". From there, you'll need to replace the "main" file inside with the one you get from here, while also making sure that the name stays the same!
Also note that the only difference between dual versions like Ruby & Sapphire or Diamond & Pearl is the gender of the main character. Third versions might have different set of eggs tho!
Of course, don't hesitate to ask for help here or in the Discord server if something is iffy with these files! (#pokemon-gaming is the preferred channel for everything Challenges as of now!)

With that in mind, have fun and enjoy the challenge!

Challengers and Champions:​
🎀 Sydian - Sapphire - CHAMPION
🎀 Kyuuji - Black 2
🎀 waters_echo - White - CHAMPION

Event Leaderboard:
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

saniachan

Second Violinist
Years
I don't celebrate the Easter itself, but might as well...

Your name: saniachan
Your game of choice: Leaf Green
Any optional rules:
  • Naming theme: Henry Stickmin characters
  • I'll pick my mons from box 1-6 in order for each captures, then roll a 1-30 RNG for which egg to take.
The best Easter Pokémon: lots of rabbit mons, but X Arcaealocke made me love Bunnelby~

Edit: Anyway, are there any changes for "impossible" evolutions (e.g. Feebas in FRLG)?

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
A nice event.

Your name: भाग्य ज्योति
Your game of choice: Emerald
Any optional rules: I am naming my Pokemons based on historical and mythical characters.
The best Easter Pokémon: Gigantamax Cinderace (Scorbunny)
Wait, who is the best Easter Pokémon? :)) That's not really a question to answer personally, even though I would definitely agree that Scorbunny is amazing, but... the answer is already in the first post - this is here to make sure you're reading the rules, and you don't have to go back and do stuff again, for example, because you haven't followed one by mistake 😇

Anyways... I may hate myself for this but, in the spirit of that Wedlocke challenge from last year that I was never able to complete...
🥚 Your name: Eleanor
🥚 Your game of choice: Platinum
🥚 Any optional rules: hmmm I don't think so?
🥚 The best Easter Pokémon: Scorbunny Bunnelby (no but really why Bunnelby? jamp pls)

saniachan

Second Violinist
Years
Yes, there might be some Pokémon made especially to laugh in your face.
Aight then. Seems like I've already got some... interesting mons here. 😏

Speaking of, here are my encounters so far:
Spoiler:

But unfortunately, just a little bit into the gameplay and already lost Carol to a wild Rattata/Pidgey (I forgot) while grinding at Route 22. Man, just when I was eager to see how she would fare without evolution... 😔

Anyway, I trained everyone else up to level 10 with Ellie being the most painful to train, then faced Brock while still underleveled. Would've been hard weren't it for Amelia's Bubble Beam trivializing the whole battle. I mean, shooting water-type attacks to a pair of rock/ground mons? Come on~

W70vQRIm.jpg

The Team
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Wait, who is the best Easter Pokémon? :)) That's not really a question to answer personally, even though I would definitely agree that Scorbunny is amazing, but... the answer is already in the first post - this is here to make sure you're reading the rules, and you don't have to go back and do stuff again, for example, because you haven't followed one by mistake

Oh, its an answer. I thought its the best easter mon for JanP.

And with this, I have arisen with many questions. Are nuzlockes encoded or we have to follow them anyways?
{I have questions}

1. no real need to post at every badge, but still there is a list in the last containing how many badges trainers have collected. (Looks like it's been added after some time). If it's necessary, I have acquired 2 badges.

2. As for the catches, it's still like in a nuzlocke: you may only catch the first Pokémon you find in each area. Is this feature encoded in the ROMs or its a ruleto follow? I have been able to catch more than 1 Pokemon in an area. Shall I stop catching a mon if I have already caught one.

3. You have to swap every Pokémon you catch with one of the eggs that are in your PC, and use the Pokémon that hatches instead. This means, Easter eggs must not be hatched independently, isn't it? We must hatch one only if we have caught a mon to replace it with? Cause currently I have hatched 2 extra just by running.

4. Just this much for now! Sorry if any of them are out of context. This is my first engagement here in this section...

saniachan

Second Violinist
Years
1. no real need to post at every badge, but still there is a list in the last containing how many badges trainers have collected. (Looks like it's been added after some time). If it's necessary, I have acquired 2 badges.

2. As for the catches, it's still like in a nuzlocke: you may only catch the first Pokémon you find in each area. Is this feature encoded in the ROMs or its a ruleto follow? I have been able to catch more than 1 Pokemon in an area. Shall I stop catching a mon if I have already caught one.

3. You have to swap every Pokémon you catch with one of the eggs that are in your PC, and use the Pokémon that hatches instead. This means, Easter eggs must not be hatched independently, isn't it? We must hatch one only if we have caught a mon to replace it with? Cause currently I have hatched 2 extra just by running.
  1. "Not a requirement, but still appreciated." Most of us who take part in event challenges like this usually post our progresses every now and then. Everyone have their own ways of updating. You can be super detailed with your updates or just be like "Hullo, I just got this badge. Here's my team so far...", just do what you feel right.
  2. Nuzlocke rules are usually not encoded in the ROMs unless you play fanmade games that provides the option (like Uranium and Rejuvenation) and/or hack your own ROM to enforce the rules. If you play any main Pokemon games, you'll need to remember your own rules while playing.
  3. Okay, lemme explain the rules again: catch the first mon in a new area, go to the nearby Pokecenter, swap your caught mon with an egg, then hatch it. The newly-hatched mon will be your usable one. And once again, none of these are encoded in the ROMs by default, so any violations of the rules will be on the player.

1. "Not a requirement, but still appreciated." Most of us who take part in event challenges like this usually post our progresses every now and then. Everyone have their own ways of updating. You can be super detailed with your updates or just be like "Hullo, I just got this badge. Here's my team so far...", just do what you feel right.
  2. Nuzlocke rules are usually not encoded in the ROMs unless you play fanmade games that provides the option (like Uranium and Rejuvenation) and/or hack your own ROM to enforce the rules. If you play any main Pokemon games, you'll need to remember your own rules while playing.
  3. Okay, lemme explain the rules again: catch the first mon in a new area, go to the nearby Pokecenter, swap your caught mon with an egg, then hatch it. The newly-hatched mon will be your usable one. And once again, none of these are encoded in the ROMs by default, so any violations of the rules will be on the player.

Thanks a lot!

Years
I don't really like nuzlockes, but I'll give this one a try :)

Your name: Kostucha
Your game of choice: Platinum
Any optional rules: SET battle style
The best Easter Pokémon: Bunnelby

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
🥚 Your name: Hyzenthlay
🥚 Your game of choice: White 2
🥚 Any optional rules: Nah I'm going to wimp out and make this as easy as possible :fufu:
🥚 The best Easter Pokémon: Shiny Buneary, naturally! Yes I read the rules but I refuse to admit it's Bunnelby :')

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
Eleanor's badge #1 - Platinum

So, here goes nothing! I'm really not the best with nuzlockes, I've picked a fairly hard game (Platinum) to attempt one, and I don't really know what I'm doing... so, let's go!
Of course, the first thing I can do is pick my starter (Piplup - this is because I hope that it will be easier to find, among the eggs I will hatch, some Pokémon that will be strong against Grass) and have him fight against Barry's Turtwig. I have no access to a PC just yet so this is the only thing I can do... once I do, though, all the way in Sandgem, I can immediately get my actual starter from an egg, which I pick at random. And so...
🎀 Route 201 - Piplup → Ecruteak, Spinarak
I'm obviously going with Pokémon cities and locations as the nickname theme, hoping that it will work well enough even later on!

Once I have some Pokéballs, it's time to get some more encounters and move on. The Old Rod from Jubilife also helps me get more Pokémon, although... I have to admit, I couldn't get my encounter from Route 204 because my would-be catch just fainted instead ;-;
🎀 Verity Lakefront - Bidoof → Abundance, Spoink (from Abundance Shrine in Unova!)
🎀 Route 202 - Bidoof → Fortree, Swablu
🎀 Twinleaf Town - Magikarp → Paniola, Slakoth
🎀 Route 218 - Magikarp → Mossdeep, Beldum
🎀 Route 219 - Magikarp → Phenac, Cubone (After Phenac City in Orre)
🎀 Ravaged Path - Zubat → Postwick, Taillow

Nothing too crazy, but it's some decent variety for now and it has some very interesting Pokémon, at least for later on! Even the moves that I got were quite nice and unique, although... maybe a bit too focused on Status moves!

Once I deal with everything there is to do in Jubilife, I have to battle Barry - which I do easily with Taillow's Quick Attack and Spinarak's Sonic Boom! (Genuinely overpowered at this point! Didn't know Spinarak could even have that move...)
I can get some more encounters around the Oreburgh area now:
🎀 Route 203 - Starly → Cianwood, Goldeen
🎀 Oreburgh Gate - Psyduck → Azalea, Hoppip
🎀 Oreburgh Mines - Geodude → Eterna, Oddish
🎀 Route 207 - Machop → Anistair, Mime Jr.

And now what we're all waiting for, the battle against Roark! Which honestly has started off very well with Eterna using Swords Dance of all things and going for Razor Leaf on Geodude and Onix, knocking them out easily. But of course, things couldn't go this well! When Cranidos comes in, Eterna fails and gets knocked out with a Critical Hit! Such a terrible ending for a Pokémon that was meant to live forever... just as the name was meant to imply! >:(
At that point things get quite harder - I have to swap between Phenac and Cianwood, with Phenac hanging onto 1 HP at one time and Cianwood getting straight up knocked out... Cranidos is really a beast and yes, I should've trainer harder! I went in a little too eager to get my first cool update out and this is the result... but still, I got my badge and I'm here to tell the tale!
And so, the current team is...
🎀 Cianwood, Goldeen, lv. 11, Swift Swim
Psybeam, Haze, Sleep Talk, Hydro Pump
🎀 Eterna, Oddish, lv. 15, Chlorophyll
Razor Leaf, Synthesis, Swords Dance, Acid
🎀 Phenac, Cubone, lv. 12, Rock Head
Bone Club, Rock Slide, Ancient Power, Belly Drum
🎀 Abundance, Spoink, lv. 9, Thick Fat
Extrasensory, Future Sight, Substitute, Trick

I'll change up the team a bit and continue on with the next segment soon! Stay tuned <3 <3 <3

Years
Your name: Rabinov
Your game of choice: Soul Silver
Any optional rules:
- Naming Convention: Planets, Satellites and Stars
- All Eggs selected by RNG

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
Eleanor's badge #2 - Platinum

Second segment coming up! With Roark down, Phenac had no problems dealing with the Galactic Grunts both in Jubilife and Floaroma. Before going on with the Mars battle, I was able to get some more encounters as well and grind my team. Please welcome in...
🎀 Valley Windworks - Pachirisu → Cinnabar, Vulpix
🎀 Floaroma Meadows (Honey tree) - Combee → Indigo, Aerodactyl

Now... let's get the embarrassing part out of the way. I lost Indigo right away to Mars's Purugly - that thing hits so so hard, and I wasn't trained enough... luckily, Phenac was able to finish it off with a sliver of health left! Once again, Cubone is proving invaluable :)
With that done I can now explore the rest of Route 205 and Eterna Forest, taking advantage of Cheryl to really level up my team to great levels. I get Mossdeep to evolve into Metang and Postwick into Swellow, while also training in some new members like Cinnabar. Of course, I get some nice encounters too from all the new areas... except Eterna City, because the Magikarp that appeared went down in one hit after making me waste so many Pokéballs. Also pretty embarrassing... anyways!
🎀 Route 205 - Shellos → Seafoam, Omanyte
🎀 Eterna Forest - Bidoof → Spikemuth, Mawile (aka Pixel 2!)
🎀 Route 211 - Meditite → Cyllage, Corphish
🎀 Mount Coronet - Machop → Wyndon, Munchlax

I technically already got some nice items, including one fossil from the Underground as well, but I think I'll wait until I unlock the bike before getting it revived... in that case, that would become my Oreburgh city encounter! With how things are going this early in the game, something tells me I'll need a lot of help...
But if I want the bike, then of course one of the things I have to do is beat Gardenia and earn my second badge! That was... what can I say. 4 Wing Attacks from Swellow was all it took to defeat her, no joke - plus, not even Roserade could keep up with its speed! I'm already somewhat trembling for Jupiter, sure, but at least I can say that this Gym Battle was an easy victory with no thrills - a much needed change of pace if you ask me...

And so, the current team is...
🎀 Phenac, Cubone, lv. 19, Rock Head
Bone Club, Rock Slide, Ancient Power, Belly Drum
🎀 Abundance, Spoink, lv. 20, Thick Fat
Extrasensory, Future Sight, Substitute, Trick
🎀 Postwick, Swellow, lv. 23, Guts
Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Mirror Move, Refresh
🎀 Seafoam, Omanyte, lv. 16, Swift Swim
Aurora Beam, Bubble Beam, Bite, Slam
🎀 Mossdeep, Metang, lv. 20, Clear Body
Confusion, Metal Claw, Take Down
🎀 Spikemuth, Mawile, lv. 12, Hyper Cutter
Bite, Poison Fang, Swords Dance, False Swipe

And the deaths...
🎗️ Indigo, Aerodactyl
🎗️ Eterna, Oddish
🎗️ Cianwood, Goldeen

Next up it's Jupiter, the Cycling Road, whatever I get in the Oreburgh Museum, Hearthome... fun times :)

Years

Janp's Eggcellent Egglocke Eggventure

Time to start my own adventure while I still have some free time on my hands.

My original plan was for this to be hardcore Egglocke, but then I realized how bad the level curve in Johto is, so I will only use SET style and that's it. I'll also pick eggs randomly, since I'm the one who generated them. With that out of the way, let's start...

I randomly picked Cyndaquil as my starter and quickly got to PC, where I picked 10th egg from 5th box. It hatched into Sableye. I should also pick a nicknaming theme... so let's go with astronomical objects for this one. So say hi to Acrux. She had pretty bad moves, so it was hard to level her up. Thankfully she learned Night Shade on level 8.

First rival battle was pretty easy, thanks to Night Shade. I named my rival Jamp, just to see where it goes.

Next encounters are:
Route 29 - Pidgey - actually 28th egg from 5th box containing Vega, the female Combee
Route 46 - Geodude - actually 17th egg from 6th box containing Rigel, the Shroomish
Route 30 - Caterpie - actually 1st egg from 3rd box containing Deneb, the female Wurmple
Route 31 - Bellsprout - actually 22nd egg from 2nd box containing Pollux, the male Ralts

Okay, so this happens, when you name your rival Jamp. Interesting...

Anyway, while grinding my not Flying-type friendly team, Deneb evolved in Silcoon, so I'll be getting Beautifly. I didn't really had much of a choice but to use Pollux to sweep the Gym, so I was expecting at least one death. But I got so lucky and inflicted not just a burn, but also a confusion on Falkner's Pidgeotto. And it kept hitting itself! First badge was soon mine.

DoDE6Oi.png

u201a0w.png

TUu6XK1.png

inOhcpd.png

CPXPIfm.png

Years
hi hi, i'll try this

🥚 Your name: Austin
🥚 Your game of choice: SoulSilver
🥚 Any optional rules: nope~
🥚 The best Easter Pokémon: Bunnelby

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
🥚 Your name: Pichu
🥚 Your game of choice: FireRed
🥚 Any optional rules: Nope
🥚 The best Easter Pokémon: Buneary ofc

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
hi I'll have a go haven't played pokemon in a while but this sounds fun :D

🥚 Your name: Aslan
🥚 Your game of choice: Ruby
🥚 Any optional rules: No I think the real challenge will be finishing this in time HAH
🥚 The best Easter Pokémon: Bunnelby

{I got confused with Route}

Route 111 is a long route with a large desert in between. After getting go-goggles I entered the desert part of the route and mistakenly caught a pokemon (sandshrew), but then when I exited desert, there was no location sign change. And hence, I mistakenly caught a second pokemon in the same route 111, thinking its a different place. I have deleted the pokemon just after catching after I know that its a mistake. Shall this be counted as a fault? Shall I restart?

Last edited:
Years
Route 111 is a long route with a large desert in between. After getting go-goggles I entered the desert part of the route and mistakenly caught a pokemon (sandshrew), but then when I exited desert, there was no location sign change. And hence, I mistakenly caught a second pokemon in the same route 111, thinking its a different place. I have deleted the pokemon just after catching after I know that its a mistake. Shall this be counted as a fault?
Everything is fine. All of us make mistakes sometimes. So if you deleted the Pokémon, don't worry about it.

Back