• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

rice

Years
has anybody ever tried the ol rice trick to dry out electronics that have gotten wet? did it ever work for whichever device you tried it on? did said device ever have any issues afterward?

Years
My friend in high school dropped his phone in the toilet. Put it in rice and he's still using the phone today. Apparently made a full recovery, so I do have some faith in the method.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm one of the few people on this earth who has never gotten a phone wet enough to die from water damage because I'm paranoid and refuse to have any devices outside if it's raining. And I'm someone who very rarely drops my devices. I

.hack

skunkape
Years
tasty trick!

I have vague memories of maybe doing this once to an old phone and it at least temporarily fixing it, and ofc various stories of it working from others.

Could be a implanted memories tho, either way worth a shot at least if you're in that situation. Just on the off chance it works.

Years
My friend in high school dropped his phone in the toilet. Put it in rice and he's still using the phone today. Apparently made a full recovery, so I do have some faith in the method.

oh damn that's impressive

i'd be curious to know though if it would have been different if they had a case on their phone versus no case

Back