• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I said I wasn't gonna join, but I changed my mind. I'm joining. Here's my entry for the challenge.

116.png
dive-ball.png

Male | Adamant | Swift Swim | Lv.20
Leer | Water Gun | Focus Energy | Bubblebeam
31 | 31 | 31 | 24 | 31 | 31​

Aww man, why didn't I think of doing Horsea! Was this captured or bred though? If it was captured we need words please! <3

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I said I wasn't gonna join, but I changed my mind. I'm joining. Here's my entry for the challenge.

116.png
dive-ball.png

Male | Adamant | Swift Swim | Lv.20
Leer | Water Gun | Focus Energy | Bubblebeam
31 | 31 | 31 | 24 | 31 | 31​

Congratulations, twisted, and welcome to the Club! Glad I could nag you enough to join ;) Well, not really... you kind of just joined on your own, which is even better!

Aww man, why didn't I think of doing Horsea! Was this captured or bred though? If it was captured we need words please! <3

It was captured, but in HGSS, I believe.

EDIT: My latest abuses from my new save in Platinum:

012.png
396.png
012.png

Starly ♂ Lv. 2
OT: Hoshi | ID: 22222
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Keen Eye
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 0, 31, 31 Electric 59
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Tailwind, ***
Non-Redis

011.png
396.png
011.png

Starly ♂ Lv. 2
Non-Redis

009.png
485.png
009.png

Heatran (Heatran) ♂ Lv. 50 ★
Nature: Modest
Ability: Flash Fire
IVs: 30, 10, 30, 31, 31, 31 Ice 70
Moves: Metal Sound, Crunch, Earth Power, Lava Plume
Non-Redis

011.png
487.png
011.png

Giratina (Giratina) ♁ Lv. 47
Nature: Bold
Ability: Pressure
IVs: 31, 16, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dragon 68
Moves: Ominous Wind, AncientPower, Dragon Claw, Shadow Force
Non-Redis

Last edited:

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
012.png
396.png
012.png

Starly ♂ Lv. 2
Non-Redis

011.png
396.png
011.png

Starly ♂ Lv. 2
Non-Redis

009.png
485.png
009.png

Non-Redis

011.png
487.png
011.png

Non-Redis
They should be flawless lol. Congrats anyway

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
Years
Completed my second challenge! My entry for this challenge is Snorlax! I wasn't going to pick up Pokémon again until I finished at least 2 run-throughs of Mass Effect 3, but when I hopped online and saw the current challenge, there was no way I was going to be able to pass up the opportunity to RNG one of my favorite Pokémon...Snorlax.

004.png
143.gif
004.png

Snorlax
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Jay Jay | 37261 | Black
Adamant | Thick Fat | 31 31 31 02 31 31
Earthquake | Pursuit | Return | XXXX​

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I still don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

I'm hitting the target time, I'm advancing the right number of frames, but I'm just not getting the desired IVs. What's going on?

When you calibrated did you get two different timer0s? Most likely you did, you just need to alter your parameters to the other timer0.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Hi guys,

I just started trying to RNG on Generation 5, and I'm trying to get a flawless Naughty Zekrom on White, using a DS Lite. As far as i can gather I'm doing everything right, doing by the book, starting my game a second before the target time, have a Naughty synchronizer, two Chatot etc:

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/5642/rngp.png

But I'm getting IVs of 22 - 23 / 26 - 27 / 0 - 1 / 24 - 25 / 22 - 23 / 6 - 7 everytime. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?
You're confusing the IV Frame and the PID Frame.

The Seed you found gives you hex-flawless on IV Frame 111. In order to get to IV Frame 111, you have to do many box withdraws, walking around, etc. These methods advances the IV RNG. Note that if you do box withdraws in N's Castle, you will have to walk to the final battle. Walking can accidentally advance the IV RNG Frame. Therefore, I suggest only using IV RNG Frame 1 then. Ditch what you're using and find another seed. In your new search, make the Min Max Frame 1. Not Max Frame 1000.
http://i43.tinypic.com/5bd1r7.png

Chatots are used to advance the PID Frame. It's customized cry advances the PID Frame by 1 each time you hear its cry on its summary page. The PID Frame does not start on 1. It can start anywhere between 40 and 60, usually. After copy+pasting a Seed into Seed(Hex) and selecting Gen 5 PIDRNG Method, click the Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame button. Your old seed would have given you a Quirky Zekrom (PID Frame 46), so you need to do 1 Chatter to get a Naughty Zekrom (PID Frame 47). However, you need to ditch that seed you used anyways. What you need to take away from this is chatter advancing, yeah. You got this down, but I wanted to recap for any others struggling about IV vs. PID frames.
http://i41.tinypic.com/20sxi7a.png

Once you pick a new seed, be sure to start the game with respect to the actual second. For example, mr. bad seed is started at 19:22:55 in order to get the target time 19:22:56. DS Lite (typically) has an actual second of 1. You gotta hit A 1 second before the target time. Follow keypresses (press and hold until you see the shooting star animation); if there are none, don't press anything during this crucial moment. Be sure your DS is in correct year/date etc. Definitely no not ever activate the C-Gear.

I'm not sure what you were getting, as those IVs are not on early IV frames of that seed you used. Find DS Parameters on a new date/time in Victory Road (the cave floor closest to Elite 4 Pokecenter). Make sure everything in the DS Parameter Finder. Be sure you used the same game/DS when finding parameters. No swapsies. It's crucial to use the right parameters or else the seeds don't work for you.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

loucas

100% hot
Years
did my TID :)
took me three times to get it right. the reporter's telling me wrong initial frames​

ID:00331​

also did my starter
Slick the Snivy
495.png

Lv. 05
OT:Loucas ID:00331
31/31/30/30/22/31​

thanks to blade and mac for some pointers :)​

Last edited:

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
took me three times to get it right. the reporter's telling me wrong initial frames​

also did my starter
Slick the Snivy
495.png

Lv. 05
31/31/30/31/22/31​

Yay! congratz I'll have to RNG a starter some day =P

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015

It's in a dive ball and level 20. No way it was bred. ;P

Congratulations, twisted, and welcome to the Club! Glad I could nag you enough to join ;) Well, not really... you kind of just joined on your own, which is even better!

It was captured, but in HGSS, I believe.

EDIT: My latest abuses from my new save in Platinum:

012.png
396.png
012.png

Starly ♂ Lv. 2
Non-Redis

011.png
396.png
011.png

Starly ♂ Lv. 2
Non-Redis

009.png
485.png
009.png

Non-Redis

011.png
487.png
011.png

Non-Redis

Thank you Mac! And nice captures. I see they're all OT Hoshi. Familiar OT. >.>

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Morning All!!! I've worked two double shifts this week, and have another double shift today so I don't think I'm going to have time to complete this challenge. *cry*

Here's what I'm aiming for if I find time on my dinner break [not likely]
I'm trying to breed a Pichu with Volt Tackle. Since I do my breeding on Diamond I traded a Pickachu with Volt Orb from my HeartGold over. I have a Ditto with a perfect HP, and 29 in SA. I have a Raichu with 29 in Speed. I haven't picked a spread out that I like yet. But I'm going for a Jolly nature just because. And I care more about Shiny than the final IV combination. I'll keep you all posted. I get out at 11PM tonight, so I may just be coming in under the wire.

Congrats everyone on your recent RNG's.

Cheers, Ringo

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014

also did my starter
Slick the Snivy
495.png

Lv. 05
31/31/30/31/22/31​

Congratulations! It feels good to RNG abuse your starter ^^

Thank you Mac! And nice captures. I see they're all OT Hoshi. Familiar OT. >.>

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I named her after Hoshi Sato from Star Trek Enterprise ^^

Morning All!!! I've worked two double shifts this week, and have another double shift today so I don't think I'm going to have time to complete this challenge. *cry*

Here's what I'm aiming for if I find time on my dinner break [not likely]
I'm trying to breed a Pichu with Volt Tackle. Since I do my breeding on Diamond I traded a Pickachu with Volt Orb from my HeartGold over. I have a Ditto with a perfect HP, and 29 in SA. I have a Raichu with 29 in Speed. I haven't picked a spread out that I like yet. But I'm going for a Jolly nature just because. And I care more about Shiny than the final IV combination. I'll keep you all posted. I get out at 11PM tonight, so I may just be coming in under the wire.

Congrats everyone on your recent RNG's.

Cheers, Ringo

Uh oh, good luck in getting it done in time! I know how working a lot is though :( Take it easy.

EDIT: I present my 200th RNG abuse... and since it's such a special occasion, I wanted to do something special (and not the most moral). I injected this Wondercard into my Soul Silver <.<

016.png
151.png
016.png

Mew ♁ Lv. 5
OT: FAL2010 | ID: 10160
Ability: Synchronize
IVs: 31, 6, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dragon 70
Moves: Pound, ***, ***, ***
Not For Trade

Last edited:

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
I present my 200th RNG abuse... and since it's such a special occasion, I wanted to do something special (and not the most moral). I injected this Wondercard into my Soul Silver <.<

016.png
151.png
016.png

Mew ♁ Lv. 5
OT: FAL2010 | ID: 10160
Ability: Synchronize
IVs: 31, 6, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dragon 70
Moves: Pound, ***, ***, ***
Not For Trade

Congratulations!!! on this monumental achievement!!! You are a real pro now!

This has to be the hardest pokemon i've ever tried to capture!!! Then i accidently pressed the run away button instead of Bag and 1 1/4 hours was wasted! but after about another hour and a half i finally managed to capture this fine beast! ^_^

007.png
487.png
007.png

Giratina Lv.70
OT: George | ID: 17771
Modest | Pressure
31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31
Shadow Force, Heal Block, Earth Power, Slash
Turnback Cave | Non-Redis​

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Congratulations!!! on this monumental achievement!!! You are a real pro now!

This has to be the hardest pokemon i've ever tried to capture!!! Then i accidently pressed the run away button instead of Bag and 1 1/4 hours was wasted! but after about another hour and a half i finally managed to capture this fine beast! ^_^

007.png
487.png
007.png

Giratina Lv.70
OT: George | ID: 17771
Modest | Pressure
31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31
Shadow Force, Heal Block, Earth Power, Slash
Turnback Cave | Non-Redis​

Thanks! Giratina is a real birch though, omg. I hated capturing him both times :( And knowing me I might do more xD

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
Years
Here is my latest RNG. Wanted to catch it in a premier ball but I kept running out of them and got tired of restarting. lol.

013.png
646.gif
013.png

Kyurem No. 646 | Level 75
Jay Jay | 37261 | Black
Timid | Pressure | 31 15 31 31 31 31
Glaciate | Dragon Pulse | Imprison | Endeavor​

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Here is my latest RNG. Wanted to catch it in a premier ball but I kept running out of them and got tired of restarting. lol.

013.png
646.gif
013.png

Jay Jay | 37261 | Black

Nice Kyurem! I know what you mean, though... that catch rate of 3 is awful. I've had to restart many times due to being stubborn and wanting it in a certain ball!

EDIT: I've been a very busy, but naughty boy! Three more injected Wondercards. Next up is Deoxys-A. All are in 4th Gen.

016.png
251.png
016.png

Celebi ♁ Lv. 50
OT: WIN2011 | ID: 2211
Ability: Natural Cure
IVs: 31, 8, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dragon 68
Moves: Leaf Storm, Recover, Nasty Plot, Healing Wish
Not For Trade

016.png
385.png
016.png

Jirachi ♁ Lv. 5
OT: SMR2010 | ID: 6260
Nature: Careful
Ability: Serene Grace
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dark 70
Moves: Wish, Confusion, Rest, Draco Meteor
Not For Trade

004.png
492.png
004.png

Shaymin ♁ Lv. 30
OT: Oblivia | ID: 3060
Nature: Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
IVs: 31, 6, 30, 31, 31, 31 Ice 70
Moves: Growth, Magical Leaf, Leech Seed, Synthesis
Not For Trade

Last edited:

loucas

100% hot
Years

013.png
646.gif
013.png

Jay Jay | 37261 | Black

i'm gonna do Kyurem soon too, well after i finish my new game T.T
i want it shiny, that purple looks awesome, don't know what ball though, maybe another dive ball.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Last minute but I got it!!!

Pichu - Male
Jolly
Egg bred
IVs: 31 / 28 / 26 / 31 / 31 / 29
Moves: Thunder / Thunderbolt / Thunder Wave /Volt Tackle

With only 10 minutes to spare...

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
... ... ...Thanks for everyone who worked everything out for me, but I have a bigger problem. Hitting the delay. I've tried this about 2 times using a certain spread and I could never hit it right. I'm sure I had done the seconds correctly, but I could never hit the delay correctly. And about timers...I can't enter the game in the second when the timer drops down to 0 and with lots of different information on calibration, I can't decide what to put inside the Calibrated Delay/Seconds...and I still don't know how to get rid of my occasional fluctuating seconds rate. And Target Seconds and Delay...you'd put the targeted seconds and delay rate you need to hit in there, right? Any recommendations on how to hit a delay correctly? I know that this would be a long shot, since people hit different delays and have their own ways, but I'll give it a shot. And about BW RNG Abuse for Wondercards...I don't get this part.

• Hit your seed once and find the IVs you find which is the initial frame.
    • In most cases, it will be the first frame, after you calculate the initial PIDRNG frame.
  • In RNG Reporter, enter your seed and select Wondercard (5th Gen) to see the possible IV spreads.
  • Calculate the amount of advances you need to do to hit the target frame with the following formula:
(Target Frame) - (Initial Frame) = Advances Required

• Hit your seed again, do the required advances, and verify your Pokemon.
    • Adjust accordingly.
Can someone clarify this part for me (make it easier to understand)? And also...for Shiny Wondercard ones. I also don't understand this part...

1. Search for Wondercard seeds with the frame range 60-100, with any nature selected.
    • Wondercard IVs and PID / Nature are based off the PIDRNG completely. No Mersenne Twister RNG is used.
  2. Once you have a vast array of seeds, test each one out to see if you are able to hit that frame due to the initial offset of the game.
    • This is done by pressing the Calculate Initial Frame Button.
    • All possible target frames must be at least 2 frames after the initial frame.
  3. Now look at your target frame, and second frame directly after your target. Is your desired nature on this frame?
    • If no, throw away that seed.
    • If yes, keep that seed as a potential target.
  4. Once you have narrowed down your seeds from RNG Reporter to one(s) that have your target nature frame and seed, find out how many advances you need to do.
(Target Frame) - (Initial Frame) - 3 = Advances Required

Detailed Information on Shiny Wondercards:

• It takes more than the usual amount of frames to calculate a Shiny PID.
  • Since the lastest RNG Reporter update (9.81) was published before we had knowledge of the Shiny Wondercard method, you will have to take a little bit more time to abuse.
  • The game generates a Shiny PID with the "Current Seed" and Card IDs.
    • Since the game generates the IVs before PID, the IVs are predictable.
    • However, the game generates nature after the PID.
    • The trick of this is that the subsequent frame will have the nature.
Can someone clarify this one as well (make it easier to understand)? Thanks and I'm sure you'll just ask me to see the page saying this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back