• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Genesect

Team Plasma Failure
Years
I've asked this ages ago in this thread, but I guess I wouldn't dig 100 pages just for my post, but. I got a 100% clean Ruby ROM, I patched it using Lunar IPS and when I started it, white screen. I already changed the save type to Flash 128k, and I couldn't download the already-patched-English because it was deleted. It worked last time, but that was months ago and the already-patched-English was still there. Is Wesley inactive? I would like him to re-upload the already-patched or someone else do it.

EDIT : Nevermind, got it to work! To those with white screens :

Google this : "Ruby (U) v1.0"
and download it from a Mediafire result, normal patching using the Light Platinum (English).ips should work and also don't forget to set Save Type to Flash 128k.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2014
FINALLY got the game running on my iPHone and it is AWESOME...
but I found some bugs, just saying.

Calm mind, Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, are bugged, they make you weaker instead of stronger.

The bug your power :)
+too bad all the TMs from iv and V aren't in the game.
Great game overall, AMAZING to be honest, best hack yet.

Years
This hack is best of all too bad I completed everything in game
all legends catched...won everything,wesley would you mind sharing pics for oshawott, tepig and snivy and their evolved form I couldnt find those anywhere.I wont to add them as starters in my hack :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
sorry for my language but what the **** how do i get the patch to work on vba patch it to ruby but it still doesnt work plz help

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2022
Well then. I have completed this game. And I must say, I didn't like this game much at all. I am unable to understand why people are saying it is the best hack. Why am I not liking this?

-The experience given is just entirely off. A Venipede gives the highest ammount of experience, 400 for a wild level 12 or so, while a Metang level 40 and owned by a trainer gave barely 25 experience.

-I can tell the creator has become more and more lazy as the game went. At the beginning, trainers always had like 5 pokemons on them. But as the game went, I saw them with less and less pokemons. Heck I even saw the same teams being copied. And that's outside the 9 copy-pasted Grunts at the Team Steam base. What seemed like a hard hack at the beginning became a really easy one at the end.
Oh, and that kid that said he was going to catch a zubat in some tunnel right after the sandstorm town. I have noticed you copy-pasting him too.

-Routes are waaaay too long for nothing. Travelling from one town to another was a real pain. When I was in the middle of one and wanted to heal, I had to go aaaaall the way back and return, getting 20 random encounters in the meanwhile. And that's generous. Very often, I wanted to just avoid as many trainers as possible and heal at the next town.

-Cutscenes are too long for nothing too. You make those legendary pokemons battle for really long, I just had to speed through it, missing a line or two of text after they were actually done.

-Battle musics. What happened to those? Gym Leaders felt like a regular battle, rival battles too... And a Feebas gets a Legendary Pokemon music?

-Bugs. Twice, I was forced to use cheat codes to get out of a Gym. And I've been hearing people talking about other bugs, such as losing levels.

-Illogic moveset. Snover and Abomasnow are supposed to fight in Hail. Why do you give them Solar Beam as a level-up move?

-Stupid AI. I reckon an Elite 4 should be wise enough not to use Ground moves on my Levitate pokemon. Not twice in a row, at least. It felt like every battle was a regular Trainer, as they often picked illogic moves.

-No impact on surrounding NPCs. By that, I mean that none of the visitors and scientifics were in panic by the invasion of Team Steam at the Museum, trying to steal something. I don't care that your favorite Fossil pokemon is Armaldo, there's baddies right next to you that has nothing but bad intentions!

-Unnatural ways of obtention. Yes, I'm talking NPCs that give HM, playing Hide & Seek inside their home. Everytime I noticed I needed a HM, I had to go check every single house, hoping it wasn't in another town, that I wouldn't have to cross a road or two twice in a row. That Waterfall HM was extremely illogic, the SuperMarket was the last place I thought the HM would be at, since I had already checked there before beating the Gym.

-Illogic progression in items. Potions in sale for a badge or two. Once we cross a one-way boat, only Hyper Potions in sale. When I needed Super Potions, I checked every single shop in every single town, only to notice that none were sold until the 5th badge or so! Also, getting Full Restores right at the beginning?

-Not enough variations in wild pokemons. I went all the way from the 8th badge back to the very first town, in search of a pokemon that could learn Fly. At least, make some Flying pokemons appear close to the person who gave the HM!

So yeah. Personally, the only things I liked was the graphics and the availability of Ice Pokemons straight at the beginning, which allowed me to have an opportunity of a mono-Ice run.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
can someone plz tell me whats wrong with the game? i downloaded the complete english version of the hack,but whenever i go into mt.lauren and i get to the girl that has a blossom the screen just starts flashing purple is this happening cuz theres a bug in the game or is it happening cuz i forgot to do something???

Door2Dawn

Iron fist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 23, 2021
Is anyone experiencing problems besides me finding Lunick in the house? Soluna is blocking the path to victory road and she tells me to go fight Lunick first. However Lunick is not in the house. Is this a glitch?

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
I patched the game and did all that but when I load it with vba, it just goes to a white screen

Years
hello ... game is great :)
but im stuck in cntral city after helping prof. ock .. I talked with prof. jasmine but while goin to rt 402 .. two trainers bolking my way ... they r battling with stunky and combee .. nd sayin me to get away ... i dint fin any othr path also .. plzzzz help :(
and if there is any walkthrough or video walk available .. plz let me know
Thank U :)

Years
There are a lot of great walkthroughs, I love TehWileChase's walkthrough that he did about a month or two ago. If you don't mind cursing.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
I guess I need your help guys.. this hack sounds very good in my ears, so I want to check it out myself.. so I downloaded the .isp and a clear ruby-ROM.. tried to patch it with Lunar ISP and some other tools.. but couldn't get the ROM working for me..

I switched my VBA to Flash 128K, but I still just get a white screen when starting the game..

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.. I already patched a few ROMs and they are all working for me.. can someone please help me ? I want to play this hack really bad!

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2023
i download the english complete version today
and when i tried to play it with VBA
i got a white screen
anyone know why or is there some setting to play this game

Back