• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Will the friend safari go?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 22, 2017
When the seventh generation comes out and we all moe forward, will the friend safari feature in X and Y become unusable like trading over the GTS in gen 4? I assume wonder trade and so on will also be gone?

Years
I don't know for sure, but I would think that the friend Safari would still operate. I think it goes more off of your 3DS code rather than Internet capabilities themselves. There might be the problem of getting new Safaris if the games no longer can connect, but I doubt that'll happen because Pokébank will still be utilised, I'm sure!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I find it unlikely that the Friend Safari will stop working when Sun/Moon come out. GTS shutting down for 4th and 5th gens was because they stopped WiFi service for DS and Wii systems. Making it not work would require them to shut off WiFi service for the 3DS, which isn't happening since Sun/Moon are also on the 3DS. They can stop the Global Link from working with specific games, but probably not so much with internet connections. Even then, Friend Safari can still work since exchange of FCs is all that's needed (it's just infinitely more common to register people and their FCs via internet than physical connections really).

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
I don't think it will go because as mentioned, it's reliant on the 3DS internet service. My guess is that it'll still be up on the 18th of next month and after that.

Back