Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!

Old May 19th, 2014 (11:04 AM).
I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere

Nature: Jolly
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mamamama View Post
    I got it to work!

This part:

#org @changetype
    callasm 0xEF7451
    goto @finishroost

compiled into

51 74 EF 00

When I looked at it in a HEX editor, so I just changed the 00 to 08 manually in HxD.

I guess I had to put it like:
    #org @changetype
    callasm 0x8EF7451
    goto @finishroost

Pretty simple and stupid mistake that cost me a lot of time. Anyway, thank you very much for taking your time looking into it, I appreciate it a lot.
    Yes, that would definitely be an issue there, because you can technically use callasm to access RAM locations as well, so having that 08 in there is a must to identify exactly where in the GBA's memory map the routine is. That said, congrats on getting it to work!

Old May 20th, 2014 (2:07 PM).

Turns out there was a problem with the 2nd routine in my Roost method, as it would only change Pokémon Slot 1's type, since I forgot to take into account that the variable that controls what Pokémon is currently attacking (which is used by the routine to determine the correct type offset of the attacking Pokémon) is reset to 0. So replace the 2nd routine with this instead:
      Code:
      .text
      .align 2
      .thumb
      .thumb_func

HandlePoke1:
      push {r0-r5}
      mov r3, #0x9
      ldr r1, .Poke1Type
      ldrb r0, [r1]
      ldrb r2, [r1, #0x1]
      cmp r0, r3
      beq Poke1ChangeType1
      cmp r2, r3
      beq Poke1ChangeType2
      b HandlePoke2

Poke1ChangeType1:
      mov r4, #0x2
      strb r4, [r1]
      cmp r2, r3
      beq Poke1ChangeType2
      b HandlePoke2

Poke1ChangeType2:
      mov r4, #0x2
      strb r4, [r1, #0x1]
      b HandlePoke2

HandlePoke2:
      ldr r1, .Poke2Type
      ldrb r0, [r1]
      ldrb r2, [r1, #0x1]
      cmp r0, r3
      beq Poke2ChangeType1
      cmp r2, r3
      beq Poke2ChangeType2
      b HandlePoke3

Poke2ChangeType1:
      mov r4, #0x2
      strb r4, [r1]
      cmp r2, r3
      beq Poke2ChangeType2
      b HandlePoke3

Poke2ChangeType2:
      mov r4, #0x2
      strb r4, [r1, #0x1]
      b HandlePoke3

HandlePoke3:
      ldr r1, .Poke3Type
      ldrb r0, [r1]
      ldrb r2, [r1, #0x1]
      cmp r0, r3
      beq Poke3ChangeType1
      cmp r2, r3
      beq Poke3ChangeType2
      b HandlePoke4

Poke3ChangeType1:
      mov r4, #0x2
      strb r4, [r1]
      cmp r2, r3
      beq Poke3ChangeType2
      b HandlePoke4

Poke3ChangeType2:
      mov r4, #0x2
      strb r4, [r1, #0x1]
      b HandlePoke4

HandlePoke4:
      ldr r1, .Poke4Type
      ldrb r0, [r1]
      ldrb r2, [r1, #0x1]
      cmp r0, r3
      beq Poke4ChangeType1
      cmp r2, r3
      beq Poke4ChangeType2
      b End

Poke4ChangeType1:
      mov r4, #0x2
      strb r4, [r1]
      cmp r2, r3
      beq Poke4ChangeType2
      b End

Poke4ChangeType2:
      mov r4, #0x2
      strb r4, [r1, #0x1]
      b End

End:
      pop {r0-r5}
      ldr r0, .ReturnAddress
      bx r0

.align 2
      .Poke1Type: .word 0x020240A5
      .Poke2Type: .word 0x020240FD
      .Poke3Type: .word 0x02024155
      .Poke4Type: .word 0x020241AD
      .ReturnAddress:	.word 0x080405B1
      I've edited the original post to reflect this as well, and I have also tested this extensively and made sure it works when any of the four Pokémon slots in battle (remember, in a double battle there are four Pokémon at once) use Roost. This routine will be called at the end of every turn and will actually check all four Pokémon in battle to see if they have attained the ??? type and then changes them back to Flying-type.

Again, sorry about that. I have edited the original post to have the fixed routine.

To verify that everything is working properly, here are some RAM offsets:
      020240A5 - Your(1) Type 1
      020240A6 - Your(1) Type 2

020240FD - Opponent(1) Type 1
      020240FE - Opponent(1) Type 2

02024155 - Your(2) Type 1
      02024156 - Your(2) Type 2

020241AD - Opponent(2) Type 1
      020241AE - Opponent(2) Type 2
      Old May 20th, 2014 (9:30 PM).

Nature: Hasty
        @HidoranBlaze, here are some more Emerald animation commands:
        Animated Psychic background: 0E D1 7C 2D 08
        Animated Flying background : 0E E5 7C 2D 08
        High power background :0E E9 A1 2C 08
        Colored background: 02 74 72 59 08 02 05 01 00 SS 00 00 00 II 00 CC CC 05
        Clear color background: 02 74 72 59 08 02 05 01 00 SS 00 00 00 II 00 CC CC 05 0B 03 0D
        SS refers to speed at which the background becomes color CC CC, and II refers to the intensity at which the color overlays the battle field.
        Also, Chaos Rush, exactly what problem did Ruby Pokédex Expansion run into? And what was the game breaking glitch that your Ruby Physical/Special Split patch had? I tried it out, and as far as I am aware there appears to be no problems.
        Old May 22nd, 2014 (9:13 PM). Edited May 22nd, 2014 by Chaos Rush.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Artemis64 View Post
          Also, Chaos Rush, exactly what problem did Ruby Pokédex Expansion run into?
          As SBird and Jambo51 would tell you, expanding the Pokédex is pretty much impossible on Ruby due to how it was coded and compiled. I don't know much about how bad Ruby's coding was, but SBird confirmed that Emerald's Pokédex uses a malloc system (unlike Ruby), similar to FireRed's (but not exactly the same), but both are completely different from Ruby/Sapphire in which the pointers are hard-coded and are impossible to find.

Quote:
          And what was the game breaking glitch that your Ruby Physical/Special Split patch had? I tried it out, and as far as I am aware there appears to be no problems.
          That was Darthatron's first method of the split (that I simply found the Ruby offsets for). Here's what Jambo51 said about it (I can confirm that these glitches occur in the Ruby port, too):
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
          I've spotted what could potentially be a huge bug in the FR version of the hack. I'm not 100% certain exactly what it actually breaks, but it breaks something.
          I can confirm that it completely breaks the functionality of Blaze, Torrent, Overgrow and probably (although I have yet to see the check itself) Swarm. It also breaks some sort of check which would normally halve the amount of damage dealt for certain types of attack under certain circumstances.

To see evidence for yourself, go to 0x3F102. You will see there are a bunch of type based checks, which read the category byte kept in R9. Under normal circumstances, the game will check the type, and if it matches, will branch link to 0x19F18, passing 0xE in R0, 0x0 in R1, 0x0 in R2 and a changeable byte (seems to depend on the type) in R3. What this checks and returns, I do not know.

However, due to the split changes implemented, none of these checks ever pass, and as such, whatever this piece of functionality is, as well as the abilities named above, simply do not work.
          I hate to be that guy, but I don't see any point in hacking Ruby anymore. As Shiny Quagsire mentioned earlier, Ruby/Sapphire were compiled using Nintendo's first AGB compilers (and the source code itself wasn't as optimized as FR/LG and Emerald), and as a result Ruby's coding is just a mess. Why not hack Emerald? Emerald has everything Ruby has plus more. I know people say that a lot, but it's true and you can't really argue with that.

For Emerald, DoesntKnowHowToPlay has made a perfect Physical/Special split patch found here: http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8679031/1 (if the link doesn't work or something just try this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ipcjia5b778zj8o/PhysSpecSplitEM1.4.ips) It works flawlessly and does not have any of the problems associated with Darthatron's method.

To add to that, Tlachtli has made a flawless Physical/Special icon method for Emerald. I have tried it out myself and it works beautifully: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8217520&postcount=237

Don't like Emerald's animations? Then disable them: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8209204#post8209204

And lastly, don't like the color green? That's no longer a problem: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8210772&postcount=295

At this point, I honestly don't see why anyone would hack Ruby over Emerald. Reading Shiny Quagsire's post alone about why Ruby/Sapphire's coding is screwed was enough to convince me to be done with Ruby hacking. And not to mention, thanks to him we can disable animations now and have Pokémon sprites behave exactly as they do in R/S and FR/LG, Doesnt has made a perfect physical/special split patch for Emerald, Tlachtli has made a perfect physical/special icon implementation, and SBird freaking expanded the Pokédex on Emerald (which I then ported to the English ROM), at this point there's just no point at all in hacking Ruby.
          Old May 23rd, 2014 (7:09 AM).
          Limited Capacity

Nature: Naive
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
            *insert long post here*

Oh wait...

Quote:
            and SBird freaking expanded the Pokédex on Emerald (which I then ported to the English ROM)
            Did you ever figure out the rest of the problems with your method?

Pokémon Theta Emerald EX: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=386240
            Old May 23rd, 2014 (7:59 PM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LCCoolJ95 View Post
              Oh wait...

Did you ever figure out the rest of the problems with your method?
              There's only one problem (pressing SELECT to bring up the mode change menu and then going right back will have the dex position reset to 0), and it's not even a major problem, but I'm still trying to figure out how to fix it. I fixed the Castform issue days ago.
              Old May 24th, 2014 (5:01 AM).
              Limited Capacity

Quote:
                There's only one problem (pressing SELECT to bring up the mode change menu and then going right back will have the dex position reset to 0), and it's not even a major problem, but I'm still trying to figure out how to fix it. I fixed the Castform issue days ago.
                I thought you were going to write a routine to prevent the Select problem. I think that's what you said in the Emerald expansion thread.

Old May 24th, 2014 (8:41 AM).

Quote:
                  I thought you were going to write a routine to prevent the Select problem. I think that's what you said in the Emerald expansion thread.
                  Quote:
                  but I'm still trying to figure out how to fix it.
                  Not to sound rude, but is it really that hard to put two and two together? ASM isn't magic and neither am I, you have to figure things out and that's what I'm in the process of doing. Honestly, the only reason why I haven't left PokéCommunity by this point is the vast amount of ROM hacking documentation. Impatient, exasperating comments like these makes me sick of sharing whatever work I do on here if people are going to be impatient just because I haven't figured one small thing out. If you want it that badly, it doesn't hurt to look into it yourself.
                  Old May 24th, 2014 (1:07 PM).
                  Limited Capacity

...I'm sorry that I was just curious? I didn't mean to cause a problem.

Old June 4th, 2014 (8:53 PM).
                    Grinding failed. Item Grind level dropped by 3.

Nature: Quiet
                      So as Doesnt and I found out in Emerald, if you go to 0xAAF48 in the ROM and replace whatever's there with DD DD, the game will jump to a RTC reset-debuggy thing where you can control how long the game thinks it's been played.

Don't ask how we found this. Maybe somebody can do something useful with this?
                      Old June 5th, 2014 (3:29 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
                        And how I actaully go to 0xAAF48?

I support pokémon Platinum Red&Blue,Pokémon Glazed,and Pokémon Adventure Red:Red History,check them out.(No banner,i've already had problems with my signature.)
                        Old June 6th, 2014 (1:58 AM).

You load your ROM in a hex editor, such as HxD, do the shortcut Ctrl + G, and enter AAF48.
                        Old June 19th, 2014 (4:50 AM).

Its not much of a contribution but I haven't actually seen it mentioned anywhere else. In order to make the special tickets work in emerald these flags need to be set first:
                          0x8B3 - Activates Eon Ticket
                          0x8D5 - Activates Aurora Ticket
                          0x8D6 - Activates Old Sea Map
                          0x8E0 - Activates Mystic Ticket
                          Alternatively, the checks for these flags can simply be removed from the Lilycove Harbour script.

I see as usual the real expert hackers in this thread getting over sensitive and irritated with everyone. I sincerely hope that for once we can just get over ourselves and help each other to work on the best Generation 3 game - Emerald (screw Ruby).
                          Old July 4th, 2014 (12:52 PM). Edited July 4th, 2014 by Phenom2122.

Here is a double post. But I don't actuallt care seeing as I'm the only one here who seems to be willing to share anymore information. If you want eggs to hatch at level one, make the following changes:
                            Code:
                            1C3200: XX 21
                            071414: XX 22
                            070A38: XX 22
                            XX means the level of the Pokemon, in hex.
                            Edit: apolgies for douchebag comments..
                            Old July 22nd, 2014 (9:03 AM). Edited July 22nd, 2014 by Tlachtli.
                            Crit happens.

Nature: Lax
                              So it turns out Castform's type in-battle isn't dictated by the type set in the Poke data at all. You can use YAPE to make it a Grass-type for example, but it will still be Water/Fire/Ice in weather and Normal with no weather. It's all controlled by an ASM routine checked after every individual attack each turn. This presents a problem for hacks that add Fairy to Emerald, because many of them--mine included--migrate Normal over into ???'s slot (index 0x9) and put Fairy in Normal's place (index 0x0). This means that Castform would transform into index 0x0 (Fairy) at the beginning of each battle, but here's how to fix it:

(Edit from previous post: it turns out the original method only applied to the player's castform. This method will change both the player's and the opponents' as well.)

Changing Castform's 'default' (weatherless) type in Emerald:
                              Code:
                              0x42710:  21 32 10 78 XX 28 0D D0 22 34 20 78 XX 25 XX 28
                              0x42720:  08 D0 15 70 25 70 01 20 76 E0 00 00 84 40 02 02

0x42780:  XX 28 06 D0 22 31 08 78 XX 22 C0 46 1A 70 0A 70
                              Just make the bolded changes to these lines. Replace XX with the index of the type you want. Index 0x0 is the default (Normal), 0x9 is the ??? slot, etc.

The sprite change only happens where there's a type change, so if you set the default type to Fire the sprite won't transform during Sunny Day (but the element will still be Fire). For anyone interested, the start of the player's Castform's weather-checking ASM seems to be at 0x4275A, and the opponent's is somewhere around 0x42714. Could be useful for anyone who wanted to research new Castform types. It looks like there are three separate checks for rain, sun, and hail, so adding a fourth for sandstorm doesn't seem like it would be hard.

Funny story, I spent forever trying to figure out why this was doing nothing in double battles. Took me 15 minutes to realize I had a Rayquaza with Air Lock out :|

A Gen 3 remake de-make, featuring many new encounters and Gen VI mechanics

Old July 25th, 2014 (9:54 PM). Edited July 25th, 2014 by HidoranBlaze.

Swooping by to show this off. Particles are love. Particles are life.

Link: Emerald Custom Particles

I'll make a tutorial soon, but for the impatient, I'll include the needed offsets in the spoiler below:

Spoiler:

Step 1: 0x524B44 : location of particle/palette table

Step 6: 0xA3D74 : location of pointers the loading routines reference

Step 7: 0x172FB8 : location of pointers that need to be changed to fix shinies.

Follow MrDollSteak's tutorial on custom particles with those offsets, and this should work. Btw, I haven't tested Step 7 yet, so if someone could test it out for me, that'd be appreciated. (I'm 99% sure it's right, but still)

Credits are appreciated.

Ciao!

EDIT: Also shoutout to MrDollSteak for his original tutorial and for helping me when I got stuck at the end.
                                Old July 26th, 2014 (1:32 AM). Edited July 26th, 2014 by MrDollSteak.
                                Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by HidoranBlaze View Post
                                  Swooping by to show this off. Particles are love. Particles are life.

Link: Emerald Custom Particles

I'll make a tutorial soon, but for the impatient, I'll include the needed offsets in the spoiler below:

Spoiler:

Step 1: 0x524B44 : location of particle/palette table

Step 6: 0xA3D74 : location of pointers the loading routines reference

Step 7: 0x172FB8 : location of pointers that need to be changed to fix shinies.

Follow MrDollSteak's tutorial on custom particles with those offsets, and this should work. Btw, I haven't tested Step 7 yet, so if someone could test it out for me, that'd be appreciated. (I'm 99% sure it's right, but still)

Credits are appreciated.

Ciao!

EDIT: Also shoutout to MrDollSteak for his original tutorial and for helping me when I got stuck at the end.
                                  Rather than writing a tutorial yourself, I could just credit you for all the Emerald offets and add them to my tutorial.
                                  EDIT: I've done so now! For anyone wanting to follow the tutorial for Emerald you now can thanks to HidoranBlaze! Just navigate to the link in my signature and use the Emerald offsets.
                                  Old July 28th, 2014 (4:56 AM).

I'm impressed with the amount of research on Emerald so far. However, I have a few questions:
                                    -Is it possible to add more than 511 moves into Emerald yet by a port of Jambo51's ASM?
                                    -Can more map header names be added yet?
                                    -How do you add more Flying positions?
                                    -Is it possible to add more TMs?
                                    Old August 5th, 2014 (6:19 PM).
                                    I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere

Nature: Jolly
                                      Quote:
                                      I'm impressed with the amount of research on Emerald so far. However, I have a few questions:
                                      -Is it possible to add more than 511 moves into Emerald yet by a port of Jambo51's ASM?

Yes, I can't say exactly how since I am lacking in hacking tools at the moment (away from home) but it's most certainly possible.
                                      Quote:
                                      -Can more map header names be added yet?
                                      No, the reason being is that it would screw with how the location the pokemon was caught would be in relation to other versions (ie Fire Red). The current solution is to just edit the existing location names (the Fire Red ones work nice if you want to keep Hoenn's names)
                                      Quote:
                                      -How do you add more Flying positions?
                                      IIRC, it's hardcoded into the game (as in, it's done via ASM rather than a table approach). I believe there was a hack inserted by A-Map which moved it to a table which can be expanded, but I can't be certain at the moment.
                                      Quote:
                                      -Is it possible to add more TMs?
                                      Probably. Again, away from home (and thus my IDA Emerald disassembly) so I can't confirm anything for certain at the moment. Anyone can feel free to correct me or add on to what I've said so far. :)

Old August 6th, 2014 (2:37 AM).
                                      Returned!

Nature: Gentle
                                        I have some few questions for emerald,

Is it possible to make experience system like b/w?
                                        Is it possible to insert more hms?
                                        It is possible to add wild battle item?
                                        Is it possible to add sky battles(like some moves cant be used and only flying pokemon aviliable)?
                                        Also is it possible to edit or add more tag battles?
                                        Old August 6th, 2014 (4:45 AM).

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by hackstar View Post
                                          I have some few questions for emerald,

Is it possible to make experience system like b/w?
                                          Is it possible to insert more hms?
                                          It is possible to add wild battle item?
                                          Is it possible to add sky battles(like some moves cant be used and only flying pokemon aviliable)?
                                          Also is it possible to edit or add more tag battles?
                                          yes, yes, yes, yes, yes ; It is a game, coded in a programming language (probably C...) which was then compiled to assembly code which you can edit. As long as you stay in the hardware boundaries you could probably make an ego shooter out of pokémon (I do not recommend it though)

I would say that most of your suggestions are very hard to implement, and involve tearing apart parts of the games engine. HMs for example, as well as TMs use a boolean array to determine if a pokémon can learn it, this has a fixed length and editing it would at least be a nuisance.
                                          Same goes for flying battles, you would need to hack the battle engine and add the necessary checks.
                                          I dont know what you mean by wild battle item, sorry, neighter do I know how the experience system im B/W works.
                                          Tag battles already exist in emerald, so hacking those is not THAT difficult, I wrote a routine for it which I never published though because it turned out to be quick&dirty after all.

If you want to take up emerald hacking (or romhacking in general) I would suggest starting with something that does not involve re-creating features from scratch, you can do pretty awesome stuff even without.

~SBird
                                          Old August 6th, 2014 (6:15 PM). Edited September 14th, 2014 by Artemis64.

If it's any help, here are some of the corresponding offsets for Jambo51's move extension ASM:
                                            First ASM:
                                            return : 3EB65 - 693F5
                                            return2 : 3EB73 - 69403
                                            there : 02024022 -> 020244E8
                                            Second ASM:
                                            gothere : 3E8B5 - 69145
                                            Addresses that require editing:
                                            - 0x3EB84 : 0x69414
                                            - 0x3EB20 : 0x693B0
                                            - 0x3EA10 : 0x692A0
                                            - 0x43CE8 : 0x6E118
                                            Old August 15th, 2014 (4:42 AM). Edited August 15th, 2014 by Aruaruu.

Unsure if looked at before but, I found the "first" offsets for the "Trainers Hill" Pokemon in Expert Tag Match mode.

It goes like this at 0x629518
                                              Code:
                                              8F 00 B7 00 19 00 F7 00 18 01 59 00
                                              So that would be Snorlax holding a Quick Claw, with the moves Mega Kick, Shadow Ball, Brick Break and Earthquake.

Interesting note is that changing the species doesn't make the name change.
                                              To change it for the Snorlax above, go to 0x629538
                                              You could give a custom name or something I guess.

The other Pokemon are right below it, so should be easy enough to edit to your liking.

and lastly, there are some parts that I am not sure as to what they do. Didn't try to change them because I am lazy.

E: I decided to flood the parts that were not so obvious in their function with 00 bytes. It changed the phrase the npc says using the easy chat system, the trainer class and their sprite - in battle and on the ow. In this case it just said "???? ?????" when i talked to it before battle, immediately after losing the battle and when talked to on the ow after battle. The sprite was transformed from a cooltrainer to a hiker.
                                              Still need to play around with it more.
                                              Old August 15th, 2014 (4:55 AM).
                                              Fluorite's back, brah

Posted this in the other thread a few days ago. Could go here too I guess :)

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Dark Sneasel View Post
                                              So I don't know if this has been done before, but in Emerald I was able to find out how to use surf while controlled by a different flag(in this case I made it the first gym flag)
                                              It was very simple, go to 0x9c81c and replace those two bytes with the reverse hex number.

Here is a video as demonstration. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xmzdo1dc32cyz9c/vid.AVI

However, as of now, it can't be used from the Pokemon menu, gonna try to fix that.
                                              Old August 27th, 2014 (1:26 PM). Edited August 28th, 2014 by Le pug.
                                              Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid

Nature: Bold
                                              Quote:
                                              Spoiler:
                                              Before you say anything, I am NOT flaming anyone. I respect everyone's work on these forums.

Adding new moves, creating new battle backgrounds for new moves, creating new battle effects, creating new abilities, expanding the amount of songs, TMs, Pokémon (over 1000 can be added) within a 3rd generation ROM, form changes of Pokémon...

Tell me, this is amazing, right? You would love to put this within Ruby and Emerald ROMs, correct?

Unfortunately, most of these are not possible, within them. Instead, they are all focused on Firered. As you may know, Firered has been edited immensely with many awesome and amazing features, and can be turned into a totally different game. That, or demakes of 4th and 5th generation games.

But, what about Ruby and Emerald (Sapphire and Leafgreen are sort of there, but I don't see many hacks of those games)? I've seen many wonderful hacks made using Ruby and Emerald. Light Platinum, Flora Sky, CrystalDust, Glazed, any of the Ruby Destiny series (In my opinion, Quartz was okay, but not as fantastic. More confusing than anything haha). LP, FS, G, and the RDS have fantastic storylines, and CD is a great demake of Crystal. So nostalgic, it makes me want to cry for joy whenever I play it.

One thing that I did was I updated some of those games. For example, Light Platinum (NOT THE + VERSION), I added new moves, new abilities, and proper cries to the Pokémon. But, you know, what bums me out is that Pokémon are replaced for other Pokémon. Also, no one has a clue on adding in abilities to those games (i.e. Machamp having No Guard in Emerald). Also, and I've seen it done in Firered, expanding the amounts of TMs within a game.

HMs? Eh...that's a big maybe.

There are currently 100 TMs in the current, main storyline Pokémon games. There are 50 TMs in the 3rd generation games...

*flips table* THAT'S NOT ENOUGH D-:<

Ahem, sorry about that. It is possible to have Reusable TMs within either Firered or Emerald however. Here, this is a video showing this within Emerald. Also, this is not advertisement, but reference:

Now, I'll just tell you right now, I am an avid Emerald hacker. I have made a few, personal Emerald ROMs. Fully changing storylines, implementation of the Fairy-type, I even worked on my own personal Black 2/White 2 Demake. Now I'm just freestyling, working on whatever Emerald ROM mod I feel like. But now, everything came to a halt, when I found out that more Pokémon can be added to a 3rd generation. To be more specific, 1020 Pokémon can be added. I don't know why you would want a game with over 1000 Pokémon in it, but that's totally your business.

But, anyways, do you know how amazing that would be if Ruby and Emerald has these features? Yes, I understand that all three of them differentiate vastly, but at least someone has to look into it. I have been doing it, but it's too big of a job for just one person. I want to see if anyone is interested in looking into the data of the games.

In general, Firered isn't the only Pokémon game everyone wants to edit. Ruby and Emerald hacks do exist, and I feel that they should be looked into as well, because I can't do it all alone, so I need help with this, if anyone would be so kind. Thank you, and have a nice day! :)

You need to remove your fairy type patch from PC immediately and fix it because that patch is not functioning properly. It is currently heavily messing up the battle system and the type effectiveness table. I know a few others including myself who have used your patch on an untouched emerald rom to later on see that the battle system is jacked up. Level 100s that can lose over 25% HP from a lvl 20 hit.. lvl 15s one shot by lvl 5s... types are all jacked and it's because of the fairy type patch. I'm sorry if that offends you but you need to fix it. Please and thank you!

Quick Reply