• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Liquid Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, well, if it isnt ol' Liquid Ocean! I wonder if pigs will start flying or something? :laugh:

Happy to know that apparently the rom hacking bug finally came back to you. I'll be checking if your scripting skills have increased (after all, I've always considered you an excellent scripter and kinda my inspirator to put some effort at scripting ;)), dont let me down!

About the game, so far, mapping screenshots, alright, everything looks nicely mapped. Seems like you are also going for the "FR-with-some-additions" style, right? Hmmm, though I think it's best to try something new, but, let's wait to see what you manage to pull out (as long as the game is interesting, graphics wont matter too much, at least to me)

Do I need to tell you this? I dont know, but since it does not hurt to receive them: "Good luck, man!"

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
Hey it's me! Your #3,643 Fan!
YEAH! Liquid Ocean is the best! :D

Good to see you back in action Christos. :]
Mapping looks splendid as usual, and I'm sure the scripting is coming along just splendidly.

Well, cheerio mate. I thought I'd just leave a comment.
After all, I am your #3,643 fan.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Finally, after some time you've continued your old hack - with new stuff... good luck man. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
I knew christos had a hidden ace up his sleeve. Good luck man and have fun balancing between the 2. Hacking and modding. Bol!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Holy. Cow.
It's back! -does dance-
I saw it on PHO...xD
But it's baaaaaack!
Nice... It looks really cool. And it appears you aren't using the Christos Rombase. I think. Anyway, it's awesome...
Good luck!

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Looks incredible Christos!
I've been a huge fan of your hack since I joined here, I can't believe its really back. I can't wait for the Alpha release.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
its back!
You can always expect a moderator to do great on a hack.
the whole layout seems great, but i'm going to have to agree with martin™, the text really does look better to me on the left side, but its your choice.
I was wondering why you changed the rombase and world map.
was it for a certain reason or did you just feel like doing it?
the side quests seem like a great thing but are they going to be all on a certain area(like a job board) or are people going to ask you to help them?
lastly, i was wondering if you changed the beginning of the old Liquid ocean since it appears you have changed so much already.
i'll ask more questions later because i don't have any more at the moment.
well, best of luck on the hack Christos!

Nothing's really the same, I just kept the name. About the quests, there won't be a job board, but in each quest you will get a starting item so you won't forget about it.

Well, well, if it isnt ol' Liquid Ocean! I wonder if pigs will start flying or something? :laugh:

Happy to know that apparently the rom hacking bug finally came back to you. I'll be checking if your scripting skills have increased (after all, I've always considered you an excellent scripter and kinda my inspirator to put some effort at scripting ;)), dont let me down!

About the game, so far, mapping screenshots, alright, everything looks nicely mapped. Seems like you are also going for the "FR-with-some-additions" style, right? Hmmm, though I think it's best to try something new, but, let's wait to see what you manage to pull out (as long as the game is interesting, graphics wont matter too much, at least to me)

Do I need to tell you this? I dont know, but since it does not hurt to receive them: "Good luck, man!"

I'll probably just go with the "FR-with-some-additions" style. :P
You'll see the scripting in the alpha~

I was going to post screenshots of the 3 first gyms and gym leaders from the alpha, but it'd be better to see them while playing the alpha.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Decent hack at least :D.

Just hope you don't keep quitting it, or putting it on hold ^^
(Don't kill my mood, you did it 20 times in this whole year.)

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Well if it has 3 gym leaders isnt it kinda of a beta?

Three gyms isn't that long, especially since I have a lot of plans, after the pokémon league, too.

Decent hack at least :D.

Just hope you don't keep quitting it, or putting it on hold ^^
(Don't kill my mood, you did it 20 times in this whole year.)

I probably won't be restarting again, since I'm happy with my ideas and storyline as they are now.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Im happy with my own ideas(even if I took 1 thing... *cough, sorry :(*).

Good luck with this hack, and in one of the screens, did you put a R/S tiles in one of them O_o.

wildarms001

Random Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
nice liquid ocean is back hope you will finish this time :D GL nice work bud :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Im happy with my own ideas(even if I took 1 thing... *cough, sorry :(*).

Good luck with this hack, and in one of the screens, did you put a R/S tiles in one of them O_o.

I used the Emerald flowers and sign.

liquid118xt4.png

The alpha is finished! Thanks a lot to the testers for finding errors, bugs and glitches.
It's been uploaded in the first post, you can download it from there.

Testers:
• Katalyst
• Amachi
• Went
• BlackRainbow*
• Martin™

If you find any bugs etc., just post it here, if there's a lot, a bug free version will be released, but I don't think there will be many things none of the testers noticed.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Oh, well, what to say? The plot is for me the most important part of a game, and this one has got a really good one. Even though this alpha doesn't go too far in it, it's perfectly enough to catch my attention.
And having a Mareep as starter is a nice novelty, for once.

Just one suggestion? Change a bit the trainers in Hebe Plains, they are screaming "Hey! We were between Cerulean and Vermillion!".

Anyway, the game is good, the mapping doesn't have any problem and goes out of the typical "Route-Forest-Cave", and the difficulty it's big enough to make you train some other pokes.
And Cut makes it up for the length of the alpha :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
wow that was fast! I'm about to play it now! Good luck with everything!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back