• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

That plus because Pokemon look similar in general doesn't mean they should evolve into the other, it just means they're the next generation representations. Same goes for Pidove and Pidgey for example, they look somewhat similar but if they evolved into each other it would be -really- weird. Still not a fan of the evolutions related to them. :(

Think about it this way. Many, many animals can only barely be distinguished from one another, and some are not even closely related. For example, salamanders and lizards. Salamanders look very much like a lizard, but aren't even in the same taxonomy group, being amphibians. Pokemon are based off animals, and animals don't have to be related to look similar is some cases.

Years
What new Eevee-lutions would you like to see in the new Pokemon X & Y

_______Pokemon X & Y- Eeveelutions________

So far in previous games, There are now a total of 7 eeveleutions. I want the new X and Y game to have atleast two new evolutions of eevee. I really want them to have a Dragon type, or a ghost type, Or rock Eeveelution.

- comment, what type do you want?

PokeGeisha

Breeder and CompetitiveTrainer
Years
Yeah what he said :o I hardly believe they will make a dragon Evee but i would definitly want to see what the poison Evee would look like!:D

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I want an evolution for Torkoal.
As for eeveelution, I think we will get at least one, but I hope to get at least 2 :P Because tradition.
Hopefully ghost, flying or poison.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2022
As cool as a ghost eeveelution sounds i feel that its highly impractical, because the whole point of eevee's evolutions are so that it can adapt into its new environment, a ghost type would indicate that eevee died.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
As cool as a ghost eeveelution sounds i feel that its highly impractical, because the whole point of eevee's evolutions are so that it can adapt into its new environment, a ghost type would indicate that eevee died.

Not really adapt, but rather gain elemental powers from exposure to a pure source.

Flydro

doobz
Years

Hahaha the last part of your post really made me laugh there because it makes a lot of sense when you think about it. New evolution method: death! I had pictured anime trainers carrying their dead Eevee around waiting for it to evolve (Zombieon?). Reminded me of a prank I saw on YouTube where the guy pretended to be blind and walk his little dog, when really he was wearing glasses and had a dead armadillo on the leash to get people's reactions. He took it to the dog park and everything lolol

DTep

Arcanine4evar
Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2013
The main evolution i have been dying for is Pinsir. It is absolute ridiculous for him to be a straight bug type when the only real useful bug move i can think of him learning is X-Scissor. The best way for them to do this is make a new fighting move, he learns it then levels up and evolves into his new evolution being bug/fighting (finally!). Some other evolutions i would like to see are Torkoal, Mawile, Spinda, Qwilfish, and Kecleon. I also want to see evolutions to Seviper and Zangoose, but that is only because i loved that rivalry and want to see it re-vamped.

Guy

just a guy
Years
The main evolution i have been dying for is Pinsir. It is absolute ridiculous for him to be a straight bug type when the only real useful bug move i can think of him learning is X-Scissor. The best way for them to do this is make a new fighting move, he learns it then levels up and evolves into his new evolution being bug/fighting (finally!). Some other evolutions i would like to see are Torkoal, Mawile, Spinda, Qwilfish, and Kecleon. I also want to see evolutions to Seviper and Zangoose, but that is only because i loved that rivalry and want to see it re-vamped.
I always imagined that if Pinsir were to ever receive an evolution, it would turn out to be Bug/Steel. I know it's the same typing as Scyther's evolution, but Pinsir to me just screams Bug/Steel by itself, so for it to evolve into something of that typing would deem fitting to me. I could see a Bug/Fighting working out though.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
Both:

Heracross

Evolution:

Jynx
Corsola
Eevee
Starmie (somehow)

Pre-Evolution:

Lapras

From what I remember, for now, that's it.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
There is GOOD fanart of a Ghost Eevee. It is dresses as a Mummy. I would totally get one!

Spoiler:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Both:

Heracross
I wouldn't be opposed to a Heracross evolution, simply because it's such an awesome Pokémon, but that's also the reason why I don't think it needs one. It has a Base Attack of 125. If it evolves, how much higher will it go? The rest of its base stats are pretty good as well. On top of that, it comes with a nice movepool under it's belt...er, should I say wings.

Evolution:

Jynx
Corsola
Eevee
Starmie (somehow)
Absolutely to Corsola getting an evolution. Poor thing, I really feel like in the mix of so many Pokémon, it has been long forgotten. The thing is, I can see a really awesome evolution for the little one. Bare with me here, but I envision canons. Not extremely large ones, but canons nonetheless.

I don't think there's much chance we'll be seeing a Starmie evolution though. After five generations, there hasn't been a Pokémon yet who evolves again after using an evolution stone on them the first time.

Pre-Evolution:

Lapras
Yes, please.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Plus I think its evolution would be overkill in terms of design. I mean, Starmie's so nice and getting a better looking Starmie would not be easy imo.

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
Years
Evelutions

Do you think there will be more evelutions, I would decently want at least one more or two more. What so you guys think?

Back